PDA

View Full Version : Radio Talkback

Jantar
17th April 2006, 03:48
On Newstalk ZB right now is a discussion about hard hard it is for motorists to see those mini bikes. Also a suggestion that before anyone gets a car licence that they should prove they can ride both a push bike and a motorbike. Lets lend some support.:2thumbsup

Dafe
17th April 2006, 07:22
On Newstalk ZB right now is a discussion about hard hard it is for motorists to see those mini bikes. Also a suggestion that before anyone gets a car licence that they should prove they can ride both a push bike and a motorbike. Lets lend some support.:2thumbsup

As much as it would be nice to see more support in the motorcycle community........
Personally, I think those mini bikes are quite dangerous. I wouldn't wanna be on one communting to and fro everyday.

Also, I don't see why motorcycle courses should be necessary for all. That just incurs extra expense to everybody. The need to obtain the gear and the motorcycle to bring their motorbike skills upto speed, just so they can obtain a car licence? The expense for this is too much.

I I'd rather see the country with an interactive driver training system.

A compulsory defensive and advanced driver training system that needs renewing every 10 years minimum (or 5 if you're over 60). Preferably, a partially track based course covering everything from hazard identification through to wet road emergency braking.

The learner system should be far more intensive too.

cowpoos
17th April 2006, 09:44
well said Dafe