PDA

View Full Version : Easter weekend riding.

Bonez
17th April 2006, 08:20
Toodled a few ks around Hawkes Bay. Here's some pics.

erik
17th April 2006, 08:34
nice pics :)

shazzygirl
17th April 2006, 08:39
Had a bloody good day out thanks to Bonez and his pilly seat, much appreciated. And along with my mate Beth we had a wonderful tickie-tour around some of the countryside that I had not previously been in.
Wonderful warm weather, a bit of a breeze on the main road coming home. A great coffee with Bonez and Connie and then together we buzzed back to Feilding on the little bike! hehe a site to see.
Thanks Bonez - you now my Bestest Buddy, haha.:first:

Bonez
17th April 2006, 09:06
Had a bloody good day out thanks to Bonez and his pilly seat, much appreciated. And along with my mate Beth we had a wonderful tickie-tour around some of the countryside that I had not previously been in.
Wonderful warm weather, a bit of a breeze on the main road coming home. A great coffee with Bonez and Connie and then together we buzzed back to Feilding on the little bike! hehe a site to see.
Thanks Bonez - you now my Bestest Buddy, haha.:first:

A pleasure. Just don't let everybody know I'm a good ride ok? :blip:
That GN has so much power it has blown out it's second muffler end plate. Obvoiusly doesn't like being restricted :eek: Shit, it's onto it second chain in 10,000kms! Now that must say something about the pulling power it's got :whistle:

Bonez
17th April 2006, 09:33
nice pics :)
Cheers. Taken with a cheap as chips Genesis G-Shot P210 2.1 mega pixel digicam from the supermarket.

Here's some more-

cowboyz
17th April 2006, 18:35
i went past you guyz ( i was in a car) where you were just outside ashhurst on sat or fri or something. I was a fair way past before I realised it was you and I wasnt driving so didnt stop. Good to hear you had a good day out. Looks like we are away next weekend and then the weekend after that we will be back up for a ride.

Bonez
17th April 2006, 19:39
Good to hear you had a good day out.
Unfortunately I "forced" to go out Saturday and Sunday.
With Doug on the Duke 500 Saturday. Took him up to Te Mata Peak where the pics of the Velo etc were taken.

shazzygirl as pillion and Beth on the trusty GN on Sunday.:niceone:

Is James back yet?

cowboyz
17th April 2006, 21:01
nope. James still away.

What was the trailer for that I saw on the side of the road?

Free to Ride
17th April 2006, 22:32
that was an awesome ride Bones - glad you could keep up with the GN250 hehehe after I overtook you!!!:bleh:

It was a lovely day for it, - enjoyed the back roads - and Im looking forward to the next one! and thanks for the after ride help, much appreciated.

as for the trailer Cowboyz - well some people like to organise rides and then go for rides before the ride they organise and get flat tyres!! - Rodger!!

Free to Ride
17th April 2006, 22:35
hey shazz - he was my best bud first!!!! :banana:

Ixion
17th April 2006, 23:18
Velo ? Velo? Hey, I missed that - y'have real bikes down there ?

What is that, a KSS motor in an M series frame, or (gasp, tremble, pant) one of the rare as rocking horse poo 1947 KSS with the optional Dowty forks. Only made for one year, and only a (literal) handful with the tele forks?

Blurdy nce, whichever.

Bonez
18th April 2006, 03:30
Velo ? Velo? Hey, I missed that - y'have real bikes down there ?

What is that, a KSS motor in an M series frame, or (gasp, tremble, pant) one of the rare as rocking horse poo 1947 KSS with the optional Dowty forks. Only made for one year, and only a (literal) handful with the tele forks?

Blurdy nce, whichever.Hawkse Bay must have one of the highest proportions of classic everything per head of population anywhere in New Zealand :spudwave:

Oh the gents on the Gelira and SP1 also own Velos, but live in Hamilton. And there is a gent here in Palmerston North who owns a few. Apperently once you get one they self produce and you end up with a shed full of the bliters. Not unlike Hondas really.

Bonez
18th April 2006, 03:41
that was an awesome ride Bones - glad you could keep up with the GN250 hehehe after I overtook you!!!:bleh:

Had a wee giggle when you went trundling passed. I'm sure I was stationary though.:nya:

Had a good natter with Roger's dad lastnight. Seems keen on getting a GN being a short arse and all. He's 70 years old and still keen on riding. You have to admire him for that.

bobsmith
9th May 2006, 08:30
damn looks like a nice ride.

If you guys don't mind a little wee fxr150 trottling along next time you go riding, give me a yell. Went to Newbie ride last month at Welly but most of my ride was actually getting there then getting back....

So I'm a little slow....... Were you on the back of the GN250 all along shazzy??? (if that's the case, all my respect to you and the GN250 rider...)

Bonez
14th May 2006, 11:45
If you guys don't mind a little wee fxr150 trottling along next time you go riding, give me a yell. PM me your phone number Bob.