PDA

View Full Version : Winamp and 5.1

ZorsT
17th April 2006, 15:55
Has anyone had any expierence getting Winamp to play through a 5.1 surround sound system?

My lack of success has forced me to be using WMP (which i hate)

When using winamp, only the front speakers work, which means, the rear two, the sub and the center speeker are all incative.

WMP does it fine, with all speakers working nicely.

Any help would be great.

Mental Trousers
17th April 2006, 17:17
Try using something else. Winamp = poo. Sonique 2 is currently in beta but is very usable. There's plenty of others too.

Scouse
17th April 2006, 17:24
Try I-Tunes but also if your music is normaly stereo ie converted from a normal CD then it is only suposed to use 2 spekers if you have a soundblaster sound card like soundblaster live you can download a "creative" player and this will let you play stereo through whatever speker configuration that you have

bobsmith
17th April 2006, 18:24
Right click on wimamp face when it is open, and go to options - Preferences.

On the preferences screen go to Plug-ins - Output then make sure it is set to DirectSound output. then click on Configure - then make sure "allow hardware acceleration" is ticked.

This worked for me. Hopefully it works for you, If it's difficult to follow or it doesn't work, let me know, I'll see if I can help better, Sorry just got back home from weekend away, and I have to go now and get dinner.

Will check here later.

Good luck.

bobsmith
17th April 2006, 18:27
Just tried it out and it should work, as I said, let me know if it doesn't.

If you're playing something when you change the settings. You will need to stop the song (not pause, but stop) and play it again for new settings to take effect.

Okay my gf is getting impatient now....

MOTOXXX
17th April 2006, 20:40
ive never had a problem with it. i run it with 7.1

ZorsT
18th April 2006, 19:25
Just tried it out and it should work, as I said, let me know if it doesn't.

If you're playing something when you change the settings. You will need to stop the song (not pause, but stop) and play it again for new settings to take effect.

Okay my gf is getting impatient now....
Worked a treat, thanks for that :niceone: