PDA

View Full Version : Biker Down

_Gina_
17th April 2006, 16:56
As stify and I were coming through 22 today (2-3 kms north of Glen Massey) we came across a very serious accident involving what looked like a Suzuki Gixxer and a campervan and a ppl mover thingy.
Road was closed to traffic for an hour or so. We came back through later and couldn't really make sense of how the events had unfolded...

It was not nice to see, hope that it is not someone from here.

RIP and condolences to family and friends.

Girlygirl & stify

Crasherfromwayback
17th April 2006, 16:59
While it's nice you guys all say things like..."Hope it's no-one from here"......with all due respect, a motorcyclist down and out is a tragic thing regardless of wether they choose to talk shit here!

nadroj
17th April 2006, 17:01
The latest person to die was a motorcyclist who hit a car on Waingaro Road in Te Kowhai, just north of Hamilton. Is this the same one or another?

fishb8nz
17th April 2006, 17:01
I was out that way this morning, too, just for an hour's buzz around, so it must have happened later.
Condolences to the family.

Scouse
17th April 2006, 17:05
Sad Bad news condolances to the Bikers family

onearmedbandit
17th April 2006, 17:06
While it's nice you guys all say things like..."Hope it's no-one from here"......with all due respect, a motorcyclist down and out is a tragic thing regardless of wether they choose to talk shit here!

No one here would ever feel a lack of concern or sadness from any motorcycle related death, no matter who the person is. However we are like a bigger 'family' here and any death in our 'family' affects almost all the members here. You'll never change that sentiment, and it in no way means we don't care just because they are not a member here. You are new here, you'll understand if you stick around.

My thoughts are with the rider and their family and friends. R.I.P.

terbang
17th April 2006, 17:09
You included my friend. Wrong place for that sort of comment..
As I read Girlies post it was obviously posted with good intentions. Appropriate bling awarded..

crashe
17th April 2006, 17:10
RIP to the rider.

Condolances to the rider's family and friends...

http://stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3640020a10,00.html

EDIT: Can we ALL pay some respect to this rider who passed away today and please cut out the in-fighting. The rider's family may be reading this thread.
Thanks.

Crasherfromwayback
17th April 2006, 17:11
with all due respect....I may be 'new' here, but I've been riding bikes for 30 years and in the bike industry for 20 of them in five shops between here and Brisbane.
but family 'you guys and girls' may well be....but never forget WE'RE all FAMILY.

terbang
17th April 2006, 17:12
Sad Bad news condolances to the Bikers family

Yup same from me..

Sniper
17th April 2006, 17:13
with all due respect....I may be 'new' here, but I've been riding bikes for 30 years and in the bike industry for 20 of them in five shops between here and Brisbane.
but family 'you guys and girls' may well be....but never forget WE'RE all FAMILY.

No one is arguing with you there. You do realise that some people have a closer relationship to those they recognise from a screen name than someone they read about in the paper.

RIP to family and those affected

Scorpygirl
17th April 2006, 17:14
Yes, very sad news indeed. I read it in the NZ Herald online earlier this afternoon but was reluctant to post on here as it was only what I had read. RIP to the rider and condolences and prayers to the family. :hug:

Crasherfromwayback
17th April 2006, 17:16
Never would I argue that. And I know the original message was from a great place.
Just hate to see the 'bigger picture- bigger family' missed.
We're a small group that needs to be one wether we're here or not.
RIP

onearmedbandit
17th April 2006, 17:17
PM sent crasherfromwayback. Guys, lets leave any debate about this where it is and leave this thread as it is. If any of you feel it is a topic worth talking about then start a new thread please.

u4ea
17th April 2006, 17:20
R.I.P to the motorcyclist and condolences to the family

justsomeguy
17th April 2006, 17:21
:weep: ..........

Can someone please confirm it ain't one of our gixxers...... this not knowing is killing me

SimJen
17th April 2006, 17:31
Well it wasn't me, condolences to the family.....
I see there was a camper and a people mover involved......typical, the scurge of our roads. I doubt its coincidence that they were there.

ducatilover
17th April 2006, 17:54
oh shit that sucks. r.i.p

SuperDave
17th April 2006, 18:09
Not nice to hear. RIP to him and condolences to the family.

Grizz
17th April 2006, 18:13
RIP to the rider, condolences to friends family and those affected by this.

Rossi Gal
17th April 2006, 18:48
RIP to the rider, condolences to the family and friends and all those affected

Gazzar
17th April 2006, 19:20
RIP to the rider and condolences to the family

blast
17th April 2006, 19:23
damn ,R.I.P to the motorcyclist and condolences to the family.

WINJA
17th April 2006, 20:35
RIP to rider.

Was a Silver K3 Gixxer 1000.
On 22... Crazy Steve, 2Much, jonboy come in please and sign the book.
NOT CRAZY STEVE .

beyond
17th April 2006, 20:38
Not 2much. He just posted at 19.21 hours in the forum. Thats good news at least.

msm
17th April 2006, 20:44
Always sad to hear. My condolences to everyone affected.

Streetwise
17th April 2006, 20:48
I heard there where two motorcycle deaths this weekend, My condolences to family and friends,

oldguy
17th April 2006, 20:50
Sad to hear, RIP rider and condolences to family

motobull
17th April 2006, 20:51
Thoughts with the family , RIP Rider.

kickingzebra
17th April 2006, 20:52
Shit and damn!! Just out for a fang there with Warr earlier in the evening... Saw a couple of farmers mending a fence, fresh lines on the road, and apprehensive looks for going that fast...
My condolences to families affected. GBWY

oldguy
17th April 2006, 20:53
I heard there where two motorcycle deaths this weekend, My condolences to family and friends,Yea I did too something about a bike and tractor just got the tail end of the news hope its just a news mix up Rip
if that is true.

Edbear
17th April 2006, 20:55
Seen a lot of bikers out this weekend, none of them were doing anything to make me think they were riding any other way than sensible. It's sad to hear of this and condolences to the family.

Warr
17th April 2006, 21:00
Shit and damn!! Just out for a fang there with Warr earlier in the evening... Saw a couple of farmers mending a fence, fresh lines on the road, and apprehensive looks for going that fast...
My condolences to families affected. GBWY
You bet me too it. Yes lots of paint markings on the road between Glen Massey?? and Waingaro.
My condolences also to the family. RIP Rider.

petesmeats
17th April 2006, 21:28
Yea I did too something about a bike and tractor just got the tail end of the news hope its just a news mix up Rip
if that is true.

Its true i caught the news... 4 road deaths this weekend. 2 motorbikes and 2 cars. The Gixxer and the other bike went into a tractor. Any road deaths are sad news. My thoughts go out to the family and friends.

MacD
17th April 2006, 22:36
Very sad news, a third motorcyclist is reported to have died about 6pm tonight.

Stuff News Report (http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3640154a10,00.html)

My thoughts go out to the family and friends of those lost this weekend.

oldrider
17th April 2006, 23:05
Ahhh, these things are not nice to hear. I am just catching up. RIP bikers, very sad news. John.

babyB
18th April 2006, 00:12
it is a sad day RIP fellow bikers
condolences to all thoses concerned

Dear Lord,
A word, if I may
I suppose one could say
This constitutes
An attempt to pray
Neither selfishness nor greed
Rather, a heartfelt need
For Asphalt Angels
To intercede

Insanity_rules
18th April 2006, 07:01
it is a sad day RIP fellow bikers
condolences to all thoses concerned

Dear Lord,
A word, if I may
I suppose one could say
This constitutes
An attempt to pray
Neither selfishness nor greed
Rather, a heartfelt need
For Asphalt Angels
To intercede

Nice post, well said. 3 in a Weekend!

RIP fellow bikers. May the wind always be at your back, the curves fun and the sun out. Thats what biker heaven is all about.

brianemone
18th April 2006, 07:22
Thats really bad news. Hopefully the families have the support they need.

Bend-it
18th April 2006, 09:33
Yeah, condolences...

Ride safe everyone...

Fishy
18th April 2006, 09:38
Correction, bike was standard blue/white colour scheme sorry if this affected anyone.

Ah fuck, I bumped into a group of guys yesterday morning at Bombay before they were heading down 22...one of them was on a gixxer of this exact description.

I will try and find out if it was him.

petesmeats
18th April 2006, 09:47
3 biker deaths in one weekend. This just reinforces that we have to be damn careful out there guys. My thoughts again to the family and friends. RIP riders

Fishy
18th April 2006, 09:47
Confirmed. Not mentioning any names though.

terbang
18th April 2006, 10:03
Argh shit this is not good news at all. RIP..

Fishy
18th April 2006, 10:14
Does that mean its someone off here? or that you know them

I bumped into them yesterday before their ride. Was the first time I had met him. Not sure if he was a KB member.

Blairos
18th April 2006, 10:23
RIP and condolences - 3 in a weekend, not good

ManDownUnder
18th April 2006, 10:26
RIP - 'nuff said

klingon
18th April 2006, 10:49
Three riders lost this weekend and one pillion critically injured :(
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cfm?c_id=1&ObjectID=10377840

From the Herald article:
"About 6pm yesterday, a 32-year-old man was critically injured when a motorcycle and a car collided at the intersection of Pakowhai and Ruahapia Rds in Hastings. He died later in hospital.

"The woman with him on the motorcycle was in a critical condition in Hastings Hospital last night.

"An hour earlier, a 56-year-old man died when his motorbike and a tractor collided north of Matamata.

"About 11am, a motorcyclist was killed in a collision with a car on Waingaro Rd in Te Kowhai, north of Hamilton."

I feel for their friends and families. RIP.

bugjuice
18th April 2006, 11:00
RIP guys..
the long weekend and nice weather was too good to waste, it's a shame it cost so dearly.

yungatart
18th April 2006, 11:21
Its too sad. Thoughts and prayers to all their families and friends

surfchick
18th April 2006, 12:40
Very sad accidents.:no:
I hope the pillion makes it-if there's word later that she'll make it may-be we can send a card or something...dunno, just feel v. sad and hope the best for her.

SPman
18th April 2006, 13:38
Sorry to hear all the bad news around the country - my condolences to all those involved - its not good.
When more bike riders are killed, than car drivers, on a holiday weekend, that means the focus will come down harder on riders from the authorities - as if they need any encouragement!
Just take it easy out there people.

Al
18th April 2006, 13:38
RIP brothers/sisters...

Al

Dont_die_wondering
18th April 2006, 13:50
~ R.I.P ~
so sad to hear of these things :crybaby:

please take care out on the roads fellow kb'ers and encorage others to do the same :(

naughtygirl
18th April 2006, 14:18
Darn...its happening to much lately eh? we got detoured a few months back coming home from Auckland, a dude died in a bike crash....sad :(

Jantar
18th April 2006, 14:27
Its always sad to hear of these accidents, and three in one day is particularly bad. My thoughts are there for all the affected families as well.

KATWYN
18th April 2006, 15:14
Very sad really. Someone said that 50% of the deaths
on the roads this weekend was motorcyclist deaths. It can
get really disheartening. In the past its made me think about
not pursuing freindships in motorcycling circles for the fear
of losing a mate - or even getting myself killed and putting
a mate through it (but it hasn't stopped me tho!)

It seems to be a sad part of the whole motorcycling culture
really.

Katie

Two Smoker
18th April 2006, 16:16
"About 11am, a motorcyclist was killed in a collision with a car on Waingaro Rd in Te Kowhai, north of Hamilton."

I would just like to say that this rider is known by a few KBers and whilst isnt a kber is fairly well known... Very sad news... RIP all riders involved..

SPman
18th April 2006, 17:11
If its who I'm thinking of - very sad news indeed.

DemonWolf
18th April 2006, 17:19
Condolences to Family and friends and those involved.

RIP fellow biker

Scorpygirl
18th April 2006, 17:49
Very sad news indeed to hear of three bikers who have passed on in one day. :weep: :weep: My heart and prayers goes out to all family and friends involved in these tragic events. RIP Riders Forever! Ride Free!

MD
18th April 2006, 17:59
Very sad to hear, RIP.
So unusual to have bikes involved in 3 separate fatalities in one weekend. Wouldn't be surprised if the media/LTNZ labour that point.
Puts all our little worries and annoyances into perspective doesn't it. Those little things that seemed to bother us, for example for me getting 20 demerits was a bummer.

Motoracer
18th April 2006, 19:14
I would just like to say that this rider is known by a few KBers and whilst isnt a kber is fairly well known... Very sad news... RIP all riders involved..

I was gutted to hear about it when it happened...

He was one of the nicest guys around, not to mention one of the best riders around!! We used have nice chats on the road/track side and I throughly enjoyed our rides together. This will definetly have some sort of an effect on my personal outlook on road rides in the future...

RIP Brother.

P.S. Please don't PM me to ask who it was. Thoes who need to know, already do.

enigma51
18th April 2006, 19:19
:weep: ....................................