PDA

View Full Version : respray :(

Nolan
18th April 2006, 15:55
Ok had a lil bin on a ride yesterday.

Anyway bugger all damage but my front fairing a quite damaged and i was thinking of a full respray and how much it could cost.

Im pretty sure i can get the decals made up at some signwriter place cheap(as ive heard)

Since its still got all origional fairings i wanted to just get it back into shape with an origional paint job.
Now other cbr owners may get angry BUT the white, red, blue paint job doesnt really appeal to me and i would like to paint it the black/grey? version(pics attached)
Does anyone know where i could find some higher res pictures of this colour scheme?

Also who does plastic welding in auckland and painting?

What are peoples thoughts on a black cbr, personally i like them much better than white.:love:

Nolan
18th April 2006, 16:34
Since i dont have much cash, would buying the paint myself (imported or whatever) and doing it myself or getting it done with my paint work out to be cheaper?

sAsLEX
18th April 2006, 16:56
this is nice colour http://saslex.orcon.net.nz/asdasd%20002.jpg

madboy
18th April 2006, 17:14
I know a good man in wellington.

kev4eva
18th April 2006, 17:19
Hi, i'm gonne spray my bike too. DIY will away be cheaper 'cause u don't have to pay labour cost..

as for the paints, u can got to any paint dealer/shop and as them to customise your paints for you.

Anyway bugger all damage but my front fairing a quite damaged and i was thinking of a full respray and how much it could cost.

Im pretty sure i can get the decals made up at some signwriter place cheap(as ive heard)

Since its still got all origional fairings i wanted to just get it back into shape with an origional paint job.
Now other cbr owners may get angry BUT the white, red, blue paint job doesnt really appeal to me and i would like to paint it the black/grey? version(pics attached)
Does anyone know where i could find some higher res pictures of this colour scheme?

What are peoples thoughts on a black cbr, personally i like them much better than white.:love:

kev4eva
18th April 2006, 17:19
Hi, i'm gonne spray my bike too. DIY will away be cheaper 'cause u don't have to pay labour cost..

as for the paints, u can got to any paint dealer/shop and as them to customise your paints for you.

aff-man
18th April 2006, 17:21
hmmm to do one colour for all the paint thinner topcoat hardner PLUs a compressor and a spray kit you probably looking at $500..... I did it a bit cheaper at a cost of about $350. (paint for a bike is about $200-$250 for everything)

And for that money you could maybe find someone to do a professional job if you have a hookup.. If not then you probably looking at $1000+ for someone to do it.

There was a guy on trademe offering to do 2 colour jobs for like $750 or something a while back.

Nolan
18th April 2006, 22:52
Yea i wouldnt mind painting the fairings myself as their only 1 colour, then you put the decals which make it look like 2/3 colours.
But the tank is actually 3 different colours.
So maybe i could do it myself except for the tank and get that pro done?

My dad knows quite a bit and he wouldnt let me fuck the paint job up. (eg get proper spray equip)

Has anyone got decals made up before and from where?

Edit. Yea i like that colour saslex, my wheels are already black and i really want like a pure black cbr, but it will look dodgy if it aint a standard colour scheme

Andrew
18th April 2006, 23:05
Hey man give me a pm, i have a compressor and have done some fairing repair and spraying from when I crashed fellow Kber slob's bike.

Andrew
19th April 2006, 00:18
These are a couple examples of that recent project. The tail fairing looks like it has a defect, this is just reflected light!!

*sic
19th April 2006, 09:10
check out my black goodness http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/customprofilepics/profilepic3654_8.gif

bugjuice
19th April 2006, 09:13
Give Chris a call on 021 465 400

Nolan
19th April 2006, 14:20
Holy shit sic thats mean:love:
Is it a origional or did you get it sprayed like that?
I was thinking of doing it that same style but i thought it would devalue it cause mine is a 90 so older paint scheme?

Thanks for the number bugjuice, ill give him a call. Should i call him during like work hours or after hours?

Thanks for offering Andrew, pm sent.

bugjuice
19th April 2006, 14:30
anytime I think.. Tell him buggy sent ya ;)

Nolan
19th April 2006, 14:35
Ok just spoted the grazed crank case cover
Where did you get your decals and how much :D?
It looks pretty sweet aye
Was it done by you, or a shop?

Nolan
19th April 2006, 14:36
sweet, cheers bugjuice

Didn't realise you'd reply so fast heh:D

edit. ok im going to have to talk to my dad about money heh:shifty:, then ill call him tomorrow

beyond
19th April 2006, 15:12
Fishslayer had an all black Fireblade and it looked darn nice. :)
Real hot looking machine it was.

Was a few weeks back, anyway. :(

bert_is_evil
19th April 2006, 15:17
Hi there

Be careful where you get your decals made - I had to replace them on one side of my bike when it was backed over by a People mover (yes, i was on it at the time...) and the ones the signwriter made have faded quite badly over a year, they now look older than the originals.

Fishy
19th April 2006, 15:24
I had a CBR250RR about 11 years ago in exactly the same colour scheme as the one in the pictures at the top of this thread. I got reflections in Glenfield to do a paint/plastic weld and decal replacement job on it when a bloody courier truck smacked into the back of it when it was in the Ansett Couriers carpark at the airport.

Reflections do an outstanding job but this is reflected in there prices.

imdying
19th April 2006, 15:28
Reflections do an outstanding job but this is reflected in there prices.Ba doom tish!

Fishy
19th April 2006, 15:29
hahaha someone got it :lol:

Nolan
19th April 2006, 20:05
hey bert, did you know what your decals were made of?
How could i avoid that?

sic where did you get your decals from?:)

TCT
4th August 2006, 14:24
Here is mine http://www.massey.ac.nz/~cteo/cbr400rr/ that that was just done up by Crazefox from Wellington. Good price, easy communication and bloody good work. A bit more power than a 250 though 'cos it is a 400 :blip: