PDA

View Full Version : Help return the favour to BP

Pixie
18th April 2006, 20:09
As our friends at BP seem always to be the leader with petrol price rises,let's do our part to return the compliment,and never fill up at their stations.
There are plenty of other stations to go to.
Do your bit to screw them back.
Tell your friends too.

Madness
18th April 2006, 20:15
I think its a conspiracy. they all agree to let BP go first because it's the only one with decent coffee, therefore notices the repurcussions less. It's a seedy incestuous quadopoly that big 4.

Seriously though, I think the price rises may also be due in some small way to the enormous number of drive-offs by cage drivers. My local mobil has gone prepay all day now. I had to prepay $4 for mower fuel!! They obviously haven't seen me run.

Da Bird
18th April 2006, 20:15
I would tend to agree with you but I get double points on my Qantas Visa and since I soon wont be able to afford to fly, I really need those points.

BC.

The_Dover
18th April 2006, 20:18
fuck, I only go to BP for their pies.

They can stick their BP Ultimate up their arse, it's shite anyway.

MidnightMike
18th April 2006, 20:19
I dont have a bike to put petrol in but i wont buy any food from them, like pies, coke, moro's etc :violin:

Pixie
18th April 2006, 20:26

They can stick their BP Ultimate up their arse, it's shite anyway.
And light it?:devil2:

Big Dave
18th April 2006, 20:48
rarely use BP - I usually go to the mobil for the pay at the pump machine and they have the best tyre pressure gizmo.

Hitcher
18th April 2006, 21:18
And when will the Commerce Commission be brave enough to take on the cartel that is comprised of New Zealand oil companies? Even Gull, which is allegedly supposed to directly import its own petroleum products, is charging exactly the same as the big four. Maybe this left-wing Government could nationalise the whole business and sort it out once and for all.

Ixion
18th April 2006, 21:29
And when will the Commerce Commission be brave enough to take on the cartel that is comprised of New Zealand oil companies? Even Gull, which is allegedly supposed to directly import its own petroleum products, is charging exactly the same as the big four. Maybe this left-wing Government could nationalise the whole business and sort it out once and for all.

YES! The light dawneth. Welcome, comrade.Don't hold your breath though , this government is well and truely capitalist, bought and sold to the international corporates.Vote Communist, or at least help pass the ammunition.

Dafe
18th April 2006, 21:34
I wonder if this government would consider coming to the party. Perhaps the government could help by lowering the 70 cents per litre tax they charge the public. Petrol companies are charging about a dollar a litre now. The govt charges us the extra 70 cents. hence the $1.70/litre.

Madness
18th April 2006, 21:38
Petrol companies are charging about a dollar a litre now. The govt charges us the extra 70 cents. hence the $1.70/litre.

They want to keep taxing us so they can build more motorways and other straight roads, then milk, sorry police, them to the hilt, therefore taxing us all over again.

miSTa
18th April 2006, 21:40
Who are the pirates here, the oil companies or the government?

Madness
18th April 2006, 21:44

It's a conspiracy I tell ya, They're all fucking pirates!!
George.W and Iran are in is as well, it's HUGE man.

imdying
18th April 2006, 21:48

They can stick their BP Ultimate up their arse, it's shite anyway.I'm with you mate... that's exactly my thoughts.

Big Dave
18th April 2006, 21:51
Yada yada yada - It's still only 20 somethin' bucks to fill the buell from when the light comes on.

I wave my private parts at your fuel prices.

Magua
18th April 2006, 21:51
I fuel up at shell most days anyway, can't get 95 at my local bp.

Dafe
18th April 2006, 21:52
Yada yada yada - It's still only 20 somethin' bucks to fill the buell from when the light comes on.

I wave my private parts at your fuel prices.

Yeah likewise, I wouldn't batter an eyelid if it was $2.50 a litre.
It's all good having a company car with company fuel card.

The occassional bike topup doesn't exactly break the bank......... Well not yet anyway!

Finn
18th April 2006, 22:28

Why would the lefties want to do drive down the price of fuel? They get their cut in taxes and GST. The more expensive it is, the more money they have to spend on buying votes.

Squeak the Rat
18th April 2006, 22:31
$20 to fill the bike maybe, but those trucks drink a lot of gas and pretty soon the price of everything is going to go up as transport costs are passed to customers. That means inflation. And all we can count on our left wing facist government to do is to let Mr Culen combat inflation with the only method he has - pull his interest rate lever.

Bring on the revolution.

Hitcher
18th April 2006, 22:34
Why would the lefties want to do drive down the price of fuel? They get their cut in taxes and GST. The more expensive it is, the more money they have to spend on buying votes.
But why let the multinationals make a profit when they could have all of that as well?

saiko
18th April 2006, 22:35
I wonder if this government would consider coming to the party. Perhaps the government could help by lowering the 70 cents per litre tax they charge the public. Petrol companies are charging about a dollar a litre now. The govt charges us the extra 70 cents. hence the $1.70/litre.

The people don't want it. National promised to lower petrol taxes, and drop income tax. People voted Labour, which means that the majority of NZ'ers want to pay lots in tax, and enjoy high petrol prices.

Mind you on election night the labour HQ was full of people looking like they just came straight from the local WINZ office. Ha. Tells you something.

Motu
19th April 2006, 08:01

I remember the debate when they deregulated the oil industry - to remove the monopoly of the oil companies,stop price fixing....at was all going to be a great benifit to the consumer.The oil companies have had it their own way ever since.The Drivers Union control over deliveries had been removed years before when they practicaly gave the trucks to the drivers and made them ownerdriver.They've been pretty smart over the years to set it all up their own way - once the Government released control it was all over.

Fishy
19th April 2006, 08:05
I just about always use Caltex so yep no problems avoiding BP!.

The Stranger
19th April 2006, 08:17
You would probably be doing BP a favour if bikes didn't fill there.

GR81
19th April 2006, 08:47
i never use BP for anything... remember that old boycott email that went around? im still employing that motive :)
now that gas has gone up so much... i get 1 flybuy at Shell for filling up the bike :)

Finn
19th April 2006, 08:53
Actually, BP is the most environmental (cough) oil company? They have invested significantly in ulturnative energy sources such as Solar and in fact now own one of the largest solar producing companies on the planet. Did you know that BP (that big one down the motorway) run almost completely on solar energy?

It amuses me how kiwi's piss and moan about small stuff like petrol prices. Meanwhile the country is falling apart and you do and say nothing. Wake up you stupid sheep.

Motu
19th April 2006, 09:01
You could always get out and leave us too it.

Blairos
19th April 2006, 09:03
Too much of the gas price is TAX

Add to that, they charge GST on the petrol tax component as well - therefore a tax on a tax

The biggest issue I have is that the petrol tax we pay, is not allocated in its entirety to the upkeep of our roads, rather a good portion of it goes into the "Consolidated Fund" and is used for various things like Health, Unemployment etc etc - this is criminal - Road tax should be for roads! :bash:

Finn
19th April 2006, 09:04
You could always get out and leave us too it.

That's the plan. But first I've got some exploiting to do.

roogazza
19th April 2006, 09:16
As our friends at BP seem always to be the leader with petrol price rises,let's do our part to return the compliment,and never fill up at their stations.
There are plenty of other stations to go to.
Do your bit to screw them back.
Tell your friends too.

Ditto Pixie !!! been doing that for a while now....... G.

inlinefour
19th April 2006, 09:16
Nope, Im going to continue using BP as I've found that they are all as quick as a robbers dog to put the price up. I also think BP might be a tad quicker than the others to put the price down, once they have scored fuel at a better price and its flowing through the pumps. I see this ba-humbug all the time and no matter how much we carry on, if we want the fuel we will pay the prices. Heck give it a month and I'd be surprised if it has not hit $2/L. If you really want someone to biarch to about the fuel prices, try the U.S. Government, if they was not threatening to attack Iran. You blame BP? Get your facts right eh, as they are getting shafted, just like the rest of us. Here, read this: http://xtramsn.co.nz/news/0,,11965-5669144,00.html our crude is coming from countries full of fruitcakes?

Motu
19th April 2006, 09:18
That's the plan. But first I've got some exploiting to do.

That's a relief,could you hurry it up please....

imdying
19th April 2006, 09:19
The biggest issue I have is that the petrol tax we pay, is not allocated in its entirety to the upkeep of our roads, rather a good portion of it goes into the "Consolidated Fund" and is used for various things like Health, Unemployment etc etc - this is criminal - Road tax should be for roads! :bash:Totally agree... I would much rather my unavoidable personal income tax was doubled.

The_Dover
19th April 2006, 09:27
I do like the new chicken and cranberry pie at BP. And the Thai chicken was always a favourite as I tumbled out of the Immigrant in my younger days.

I don't like Caltex cos they never have any Lasagne toppers, except when I've already eaten.

UrbanMyth
19th April 2006, 09:27
they all have turns going up but its mainly BP.
For example the other day when the nz dollar went down BP put there price up to 1.63 then no other petrol station followed so they put it to 1.56 then back to 1.62 all in one day.They are out to make even more thn there last years yearly profit.But they can keep putting it up because we are still buying it..

Finn
19th April 2006, 09:32
That's a relief,could you hurry it up please....

Believe me grumpy old man, I'm working on it as fast as I can. Unfortunately for NZ, so are most of the hard working, tax paying, contributing people and companies in this country. All that will remain will be the simple, nose picking neandarthals like yourself. Meanwhile I, like many others including nations will sit back and laugh at this once prosperous country ruined by ideoligy and stupid, stupid, lazy kiwi's who won't get off their asses and do something to save it.

But you'll be happy as long as there's beer in your fridge and rugby on the telly. The problem is there won't be any power to run them so you'll just have to enjoy that favourite kiwi pastime of beating the wife.

Sniper
19th April 2006, 09:50
BP=Bloody Pirates. Besides, no matter if they hike their prices, the others follow suite and you still need to fill up. Hey I have a great Idea, how about noone in NZ fills up, this will cause some sort of economic crisis...... :no:

Motu
19th April 2006, 09:56
Believe me grumpy old man, .

I'm certainly not grumpy,but all I ever see from you is bleating and moaning.I'm happy with my lot and will continue with my apathetic lifestyle.

Ixion
19th April 2006, 09:57
Could we but find a way to store it, I'm sure that the amount of hot air we colelctively generate would be more than enough to power our bikes :rofl:. And if it ran short , we could ask the police to clamp down on speeders, which would generate enoiugh extra hot air to turbocharge us all :scooter:

Kjell
19th April 2006, 09:59
Road tax should be for roads! :bash:

I agree, but money will have to be found elsewhere for the other essential services. If the money was spend on road, then ::logically:: there would be less accidents - I'm using government logic here - which would reduce the cost to healthcare.

I generally fill up at Mobil for around town stuff, but on a long trip up north it is usually a Caltex because the bike is getting pretty light by then, the butt a little sore, and they have local pies.

Bike nearly cost me $20 to fill (from reserve), am starting to dread the car. Am thinking when I update to get LPG or hybrid to screw the Oil companies as much as I can.

Finn
19th April 2006, 10:01
all I ever see from you is bleating and moaning.

You forgot stirring.

Pixie
19th April 2006, 10:51
BP=Bloody Pirates. Besides, no matter if they hike their prices, the others follow suite and you still need to fill up. Hey I have a great Idea, how about noone in NZ fills up, this will cause some sort of economic crisis...... :no:
The theory is to victimize one corporation,forcing them to think twice about the price.
Don't forget they buy the fuel from other divisions of the same corp.That's why their profits are through the roof.

Big Dave
19th April 2006, 10:57
You forgot stirring.

No he didn't. Yer just an amateur showing promise. Leave the self aggrandizement to the professionals, Sonny.

Blairos
19th April 2006, 11:04
I'm using government logic here

Didnt know they had any :)

Pixie
19th April 2006, 11:19
Actually, BP is the most environmental (cough) oil company? They have invested significantly in ulturnative energy sources such as Solar and in fact now own one of the largest solar producing companies on the planet. Did you know that BP (that big one down the motorway) run almost completely on solar energy?

It amuses me how kiwi's piss and moan about small stuff like petrol prices. Meanwhile the country is falling apart and you do and say nothing. Wake up you stupid sheep.
That is a marketing ploy.
It's like smoking organically grown tobacco for it's health benefits.
All the companies are researching alternative ways to make money when the oil runs out.

Finn
19th April 2006, 11:24
That is a marketing ploy.
It's like smoking organically grown tobacco for it's health benefits.
All the companies are researching alternative ways to make money when the oil runs out.

Nothing wrong with making money although it is frowned upon in this little island, hense why we're heading for third world status. What they are doing is smart. How many people do you think BP employ? Isn't it good to keep a company afloat?

Pixie
19th April 2006, 11:26
You blame BP? Get your facts right eh, as they are getting shafted, just like the rest of us.
Do you have BP shares?
I never said they were to blame.I just pointed out they are always the first to raise the price.
As for them getting shafted, judging by their profit blow out,I wish someone would shaft me like that.

Finn
19th April 2006, 11:26
Leave the self aggrandizement to the professionals, Sonny.

When they join this site I'll be sure to look out for them.

The_Dover
19th April 2006, 11:32
Bodie and Doyle are on KB??

SwanTiger
19th April 2006, 11:42
Do you have BP shares?
I never said they were to blame.I just pointed out they are always the first to raise the price.
As for them getting shafted, judging by their profit blow out,I wish someone would shaft me like that.

BP are a company, companies are primarily there to make a profit. They are not a charity.

The price of petrol is mostly effected by speculators in the U.S. who effectively gauge and set the price of a barrel of oil. At the moment, the price of a barrel of oil going up is actually a good thing to many in circles of commodity investments.

There are certain people who desperately want to see the price of oil exagerated so that profits can be made in other sectors.

So my point is, you are effectively wasting your own and everyone elses time by posting this sort of nosense. If you really want to develop an informed opinion go to University and study to become a qualified Economist or gain work experience in related fields.

Then you will have something worthwhile to tell us.

My advice to anyone complaining about fuel prices, WORK HARDER! The price of oil will inflat to rediculous prices in time, your best approach is to not let it effect you. Anyone can acheive something. So there is no excuse for being poor. If you are, its your own doing, so accept it and shutup about the fuel prices.

inlinefour
19th April 2006, 12:08
Do you have BP shares?

Sadly I don't have shares. Nor would I get cheap fuel if I did. You really think going to one of the other petrol companies will make one iota of difference? If so I suspect you have other issues you may or may not be aware of. How about you make a real stand regarding the prices and stop buying fuel what so ever? Oh and for the record, if you did some research, you'd also find that they are not "always the first to raise the price". :beer:

sAsLEX
19th April 2006, 12:22
They want to keep taxing us so they can build more motorways and other straight roads, then milk, sorry police, them to the hilt, therefore taxing us all over again.
most of that money goes to their helping the lazy schemes, I am sure the like of Finn dont seee much of all the tax they pay, I cant really talk as I am paid your tax, Thank you!

sAsLEX
19th April 2006, 12:36
The price of petrol is mostly effected by speculators in the U.S. who effectively gauge and set the price of a barrel of oil. At the moment, the price of a barrel of oil going up is actually a good thing to many in circles of commodity investments.

And that price is in $USD is it not? And back when our dollar was strong and increasing in strength it outpaced the rise in the cost of a barrel, but were these savings passed on to the consumer in NZ, nope! and now at the slightest hint of our dollar going pear shaped they up the price nearly in anticipation, cunts!

Maha
19th April 2006, 20:59
Yeah..... lets not fill up at the Beehive anymore....that'll teach em'....:doobey:

hXc
19th April 2006, 21:24
Fuck, if I could, I wouldn't fill up at all. I'm sure if we all could, we wouldn't fill up. That would fuck 'em. It's not like I listened much in Economics last year but it's all about supply and demand. They keep getting it, we keep buying it: Price goes sky high. They keep getting, we don't buy it: Price goes low because they can't sell.

It's a perfect plan. Except at the moment nobody has come up with an engine that runs on something other than petrol.

Hailwood
19th April 2006, 21:53
Wonder how much Boddie and Doyle pay to fill up that 2.8litre Capri now? :rofl:

Brett
19th April 2006, 23:40
Hmm, makes me wonder if i fill the zxr up with old frying oil...might it run!:sweatdrop