PDA

View Full Version : Best Bike Mechanic in Auckland???

R6_kid
29th April 2004, 08:30
I'm gonna get my zxr250 engine serviced before continuing to rebuild the bike. What I want to know is, in your opinion, who/where is the "best" bike mechanic in auckland? I live on the shore but im not to worried about travel as long as it is in auckland.

White trash
29th April 2004, 08:36
I'm gonna get my zxr250 engine serviced before continuing to rebuild the bike. What I want to know is, in your opinion, who/where is the "best" bike mechanic in auckland? I live on the shore but im not to worried about travel as long as it is in auckland.

Gareth, IMHO it's best to get it serviced and tuned while in the bike.

Andrew
29th April 2004, 10:48
Spectrum off Barrys Point Rd are the best.

vifferman
29th April 2004, 11:40
Spectrum off Barrys Point Rd are the best.

Only if you make sure that all the nuts, bolts, screws, etc. are still there (and the original ones) when they've finished with it. And you don't mind getting it back in a dirtier state than when it went in. And maybe with some wrong bits fitted.
But hey - for all I know, they could be no worse than any other place. :Pokey: The recent thread about "bad dealers" shows that many of them have their 'off' days.

What sort of service did you have in mind? If it's "an oil + filter change, new plugs, etc." type of 'service', do it yourself. If it's a complete tune-up, then ... I dunno. Sorry... :Oops:

SPman
29th April 2004, 12:22
Only if you make sure that all the nuts, bolts, screws, etc. are still there (and the original ones) when they've finished with it. And you don't mind getting it back in a dirtier state than when it went in.
You've had that problem too?

Motoracer
29th April 2004, 12:27
If you want real high quality service, go to MOTORCYCLE SURGERY.

Be prepared to pay accordingly though. I'd still recommend them to anyone who really wants to get a job done right but can't do it themselves for some reason.

They are next to Moto Mail.

Gixxer
29th April 2004, 16:56
agreed spectrum, never had a problem with them.

Shawn
29th April 2004, 18:24
how about Red Baron...i took my bike their couple of times...and mark is really helpful and I found nothing to complain against their service.

What?
29th April 2004, 19:53
The beauty of a forum like this is that your question will never be answered, Gareth_d. For every bouquet, there will be a brickbat to counter it. The sad truth is, you will have to suck it and see, but remember that a well-developed relationship with a shop goes a long, long way to ensuring top notch service.
Now watch someone shoot my opinion to bits :stoogie:

Jackrat
29th April 2004, 21:08
The beauty of a forum like this is that your question will never be answered, Gareth_d. For every bouquet, there will be a brickbat to counter it. The sad truth is, you will have to suck it and see, but remember that a well-developed relationship with a shop goes a long, long way to ensuring top notch service.

What? is perfectly correct :killingme
But take it to Mt Eden Motorcycles.They look after their customers.

FROSTY
29th April 2004, 21:20
Me I do all my own work But when i get stuck I call Alex gee at nor west motor mechanix. Oh he's the guy that sorts out ya bike for a warrent when ya got braided lines or extreme exhausts

Devil
30th April 2004, 08:55
Im after similar advice here as well. My bike has some serious feeling flatspots. Who can people recommend for a tune? Am on the shore, but yeah, if theres a great place somewhere around auckland ill be keen to look.

Gixxer
30th April 2004, 09:25

Fully agree. I have a good relationship with spectrum and leading edge tyres, so I always go there.

Motu
30th April 2004, 09:31
I'd agree with What too - I opperate a car repair shop and there are some people who think I am just the greatest,then others who would never bring their car back to me ever again and will tell everyone they know what an arsehole I am - somewhere in the middle is the real story,but bad stories will always out number the good.I find if someone has a complaint about service at a workshop,just listen a little harder to the story - you will find a communication breakdown usually....and very often a piece of shit that is only a jewel to the owner,of course they can't fix it - no one can.

Kwaka-Kid
30th April 2004, 16:07
Dude, What? is right, everyone has their own preference and im sure ive heard bad news about every last one of them! If you ask me there are no good motorcycle mechanics in auckland, so just do it yourself! at least then you know exactly what you left out and didnt tighten up etc. I swear thats the main reason i do everything myself despite knowing nothing... take it somewhere and you just dont know what theyve done... you cant trust anyone in this world anymore. :Police::confused::stoogie:
Dont trust anybody.. not nobody! they are out to get you, they are out to get me.. and keep it quiet, they might hear us.:sneaky2:

Yamahamaman
30th April 2004, 23:01
Gavin at AMPS

FROSTY
4th May 2004, 12:54
I have never in the past had any complaints with the service I got at Bob Haldanes

aff-man
4th May 2004, 13:09
ricci at mt eden is really good. The only problem i ever had with mt eden is having to wait a little longer due to the work load they have but mike and the boys were always willing to offer a coffee and have a chat while i wait. Or ring me as soon as it's done.

RickyRocker
19th June 2004, 18:32
Ricky is how it's spelt.Need any assistance on you bike Do Not Hesitate to call me at MT Eden-09 3031960\0272825537 (027buckles)

Two Smoker
19th June 2004, 18:44
Yep i agree, Ricky is good :niceone: and so is Ross and John at Colemans :niceone:

Jinx3d
20th June 2004, 20:51
I find if someone has a complaint about service at a workshop,just listen a little harder to the story - you will find a communication breakdown usually...
Yeah I cant decide what is more frustrating - people that dont know anything about their vehicle but the guy that pumps the gas said it was the spark plugs so they dont see why the fuck they should pay for the new leads you just installed.

or

B - people that bring in a car that misses at 180.2 km/hr on cold wednesday mornings and ask for a tune up thinking that a tune up fixes everything.

or

c - the wanker that has mags, re-71's, huge muffler, radar detector, full spoiler kit and every bolt on - then complains he cant pay it all today, is it okay if he brings the rest round on payday. Of course - you never see him again.

*sigh*

MadDuck
20th June 2004, 21:27
Spare a thought for a lady biker I know. Got her bike mashed by a cage(oh and herself). Spectrum did an AWESOME job fixing the bike up ...but the battery was flat. Half way home it conked out. Would be great to find a place that doesnt forget the wee details ah :yeah:

aff-man
20th June 2004, 22:00
Sorry dude i am crap at names

FROSTY
20th June 2004, 22:12
Aint it amazing how when they don't have the money to pay they are able to find a million faults with your workmanship?
Usually its weeks even months after the job

SPman
21st June 2004, 17:45
Best mechanic....Dave Cole

Bugger - he works from home now - Waiuku!

nudedaytona
14th December 2007, 14:13
Can anyone comment on Henderson Motorcycles? I've booked my rs250 in with them on Monday.

R6_kid
14th December 2007, 16:16
Good honest guys... have a good chat to them mate.

EJK
14th December 2007, 16:32

ROFL!

You want skidMarks number? :Punk:

R6_kid
14th December 2007, 16:39
ROFL!

You want skidMarks number? :Punk:

yeh sure... that post is 3 years old mate - when mark still hadnt gone through puberty... oh wait, he still hasnt.