PDA

View Full Version : Do personal traffic light changers work in NZ?

Finn
19th April 2006, 10:41
If they do I am going to buy one. Given I will be using a bike to commute to work, this alone will shave of 15 - 20 minutes. Add this little beauty and I'll get there in 5 minutes.

http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/trlich.html

I'm serious, I will get one if they work in Auckland. What do you think?

imdying
19th April 2006, 10:44
Nope, otherwise the cops would use them :) (or BMW would have them standard in the 7 series :lol: )

Fishy
19th April 2006, 10:47
Or Honda would have them..right next to the electronic steering damper and espresso machine.

Jonty
19th April 2006, 10:47
(or BMW would have them standard in the 7 series :lol: )

They do - it's next to the Jammer and GPS

SimJen
19th April 2006, 10:50
Jeez its not cheap. Even if it did work whats the point. Bikes can easily get to the front of the queue anyway.

Motu
19th April 2006, 10:50
I use the power of my mind,after years of training I can just will them to turn green as I approach....although sometimes I get confused and they turn red.

GR81
19th April 2006, 10:53
anything good, useful or interesting in the country is deemed illegal! :bash:

bugjuice
19th April 2006, 10:55
Don't buses have some sort of system where they can hold a light green for a bit longer? And I heard the Ambo's were looking at something too, or they should be at least. I think all the services should have the ability to hold a green

300 bucks tho!?!?!

Sniper
19th April 2006, 11:29
I was under the impression that the ambos did have one? And I know buses will quite happily go through a red and or not give way cause they think themselves special..... :mad:

Jonty
19th April 2006, 11:53
I know buses will quite happily go through a red and or not give way cause they think themselves special..... :mad:

Buses or busas?

Sniper
19th April 2006, 11:53
Definetly busses

Big Dave
19th April 2006, 12:36
I use the power of my mind,after years of training I can just will them to turn green as I approach....although sometimes I get confused and they turn red.

Use the power of your mind to contact Earth. We're missing you.
Come in Kusebain, Kusbain are you receiving me....

scumdog
19th April 2006, 12:49
If they do I am going to buy one. Given I will be using a bike to commute to work, this alone will shave of 15 - 20 minutes. Add this little beauty and I'll get there in 5 minutes.

http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/trlich.html

I'm serious, I will get one if they work in Auckland. What do you think?

BwahaahaaaHAAAAA!!
About as much use as a chocolate fireguard when two of you approach the lights at the same time and use one AND your coming in at right-angles to each other, oh yes, they'll be SO handy then,:blah: haaahaaahaaa...:yes: :laugh: :killingme :rofl:

ZeroIndex
19th April 2006, 13:34
in america, ambulances have a white flashing light on the roof (certain amount of flashes per minute type of thing), that gets picked up by special sensors on traffic lights in big cities, which forces a 'quick-change' for the traffic lights