PDA

View Full Version : Part-time work wanted

justsomeguy
19th April 2006, 14:33
Hi guys,

I'm looking for some part time work to supplement my income and help me save for a bigger bike when I get my full in 4 months time. A few speeding fines and bike expenses have cost me a couple of thousand dollars, which I need to recover.

If you chaps know of anything can you please give me a yell?

I've got a business IT background, degree with a double major in IT and eBusiness, two grad diplomas and all that jazz all acquired locally (can't do techy stuff, but I can learn if you're prepared to train me). I've worked in retail, hospitality, warehouses and factories, on the road selling, fundraising, telemarketing and probably a few other areas I can't remember at the moment.

Don't really care what the work involves as long as I can pick up maybe $150-$200 cash after tax a week. Perfectly happy to look at cash jobs, contract work, short term, etc. Not into cleaning jobs though.

I'm looking for work maybe two nights a week for 2-3 hours and one weekend day, either Sat or Sun is fine - rotating days are fine too. I have a full time job working regular office hours so am not available during that time.

If you have anything or know of something please give me a yell, post here or PM me.

Thanks,
JSG

bugjuice
19th April 2006, 14:50
put some ads in the local dairy..

justsomeguy
19th April 2006, 14:57

There are none near where I live.

If you have nothing positive to contribute please don't say anything. Not in this thread at least.

crashe
19th April 2006, 15:11

Damn Buggy, you beat me to it...

There are none near where I live.

If you have nothing positive to contribute please don't say anything. Not in this thread at least.

Hey JSG... ok so there are no dairies near you.. but it was still a good idea. Also what about the local supermarket'ss.... they always have a notice board just by their entrances... and people do look at them to see what is on there.

Service station night work... is another option.

Postie
19th April 2006, 15:12
now BJ, that is not very helpful is it? Here we have someone who is looking for employment and has opened his arms asking for help.
A useful comment would be

JSG, why do you not try looking on the internet and posting you interest somewhere like www.netcheck.co.nz instead of a motorbike forum. The reason for this would be the fact that employers generally check the job sites for candidates before they check the motorcycle forums. Of course, not being an employer myself, I can not 100% guarantee this. in which case, you are obviously on to a good thing, go for your life.
Also check the papers (news papers, not rizlas) and search under the title "situations vacant/part time work"
your in luck, because Wednesday is happy happy joy joy job day. so go for your life and good luck.
na nu, na nu

ManDownUnder
19th April 2006, 15:14
jsg - what are looking for and good at?

Where are you?

What rate of pay etc? PM me info.

No promises but I can certainly keep an ear open

justsomeguy
19th April 2006, 15:20
jsg - what are looking for and good at?

Where are you?

What rate of pay etc? PM me info.

No promises but I can certainly keep an ear open

Hi MDU,

I've worked in several different areas so I'm comfortable looking at any work. I think something around the $15-$20 an hour mark will be ideal, but I'll look at anything if the people are good. Maybe even $10/hr - if they're really good.

I live in Pakuranga.

crashe
19th April 2006, 15:24
I live in Pakuranga.

Hey I thought you said you lived in the Mt Roskill area just around the corner from qkchk and custard... or did they frighten you away .... :whistle:

:scooter: :scooter: :scooter:

It must be a bit far to travel to Scenic Drive all the time now...

Have you found a new road over your way to ride all the time now... just like Scenic Drive?

ManDownUnder
19th April 2006, 15:27
Hi MDU,

I've worked in several different areas so I'm comfortable looking at any work. I think something around the $15-$20 an hour mark will be ideal, but I'll look at anything if the people are good. Maybe even $10/hr - if they're really good.

I live in Pakuranga.

no sweat. Good luck and if I hear of anything I'll yell

Smorg
19th April 2006, 16:23
A bigger bike???? God save us all:pinch: :pinch: :pinch:

justsomeguy
19th April 2006, 16:43
Hey I thought you said you lived in the Mt Roskill area just around the corner from qkchk and custard... or did they frighten you away .... :whistle:

:scooter: :scooter: :scooter:

It must be a bit far to travel to Scenic Drive all the time now...

Have you found a new road over your way to ride all the time now... just like Scenic Drive?

Hey little girl,

Yes they scared me away - Custards snoring was unbearable.

Hope to see you on a ride one day, it's been a while. :niceone:

I still try and visit Cheenic Dwive :love: about once a week, was last there on Sunday.

Scouse
19th April 2006, 17:01
put some ads in the local dairy..You mean his dads Dairy......?

justsomeguy
19th April 2006, 17:30
You mean his dads Dairy......?

I wish the old fella did own a dairy - cos I'd be working there instead.

Sure it ain't too glamourous, but how many of you chumps earn $5-$10K cash - yes I did say $5-$10K cash a week.

That's also why I never shop in those places and pay three times the price:bash:

Scouse
19th April 2006, 17:51

Sure it ain't too glamourous, but how many of you chumps earn $5-$10K cash - yes I did say $5-$10K cash a week.

That's also why I never shop in those places and pay three times the price:bash:What about that motomail sales Geek job that Big Dave just postrd up

Scouse
19th April 2006, 17:53

That's also why I never shop in those places and pay three times the price:bash:So when are you opening yours as youv'e obviously already done some reseach into it

aff-man
19th April 2006, 17:56
Hey little girl,

Hope to see you on a ride one day, it's been a while. :niceone:

I still try and visit Cheenic Dwive :love: about once a week, was last there on Sunday.

Thought I smelt something in the air recently.. Where abouts in Pak are you??

You'll be looking at about $11 an hour for most things.

Also look in the courier and howick and pak times. It's where I got all my summer jobs. There are heaps of $12 ish an hour jobs and most of them I've pitched up and had the job offered to me right then and there

SwanTiger
19th April 2006, 19:01

:yes:

10 Characters

justsomeguy
19th April 2006, 19:06
Hey JSG... ok so there are no dairies near you.. but it was still a good idea. Also what about the local supermarket'ss.... they always have a notice board just by their entrances... and people do look at them to see what is on there.

Service station night work... is another option.

Not really interested in the types of jobs advertised on dairy walls.

Service station work doesn't pay enough and involves cleaning. I've cleaned enough floors and toilets during my school and early uni days, not interested in going there again.

justsomeguy
19th April 2006, 19:12
So when are you opening yours as youv'e obviously already done some reseach into it
One of my parents friends own/used to own a dairy. Me open one? Not in the forseeable future.

You know, I've only heard the term dairy associated with a shop in NZ. I remember in 4th form when a classmate asked me if my parents owned a dairy .. I was a bit puzzled, then thought all NZ'ers were dairy farmers, so it was a common question. :scratch: Then he explained than in NZ a dairy was a small store.:wait:

justsomeguy
19th April 2006, 19:15
Thought I smelt something in the air recently.. Where abouts in Pak are you??

You'll be looking at about $11 an hour for most things.

Also look in the courier and howick and pak times. It's where I got all my summer jobs. There are heaps of $12 ish an hour jobs and most of them I've pitched up and had the job offered to me right then and there

Hey banana girl :spudwave:

I now live near St Kents, bout 5 mins or so from your place.

$11 or $12's prob on the low side, unless the job's really interesting. I'll ask the landlord for a copy of the paper.

aff-man
19th April 2006, 19:23
Hey banana girl :spudwave:

I now live near St Kents, bout 5 mins or so from your place.

$11 or $12's prob on the low side, unless the job's really interesting. I'll ask the landlord for a copy of the paper.

ahhhh so you're saying you wanted to be near the St Kents boys???

We'll you'll hear me tear arsing around... some chicks gave me the look on the pak highway the other day so I popped it on the back wheel.... Good fun that.

Marmoot
19th April 2006, 19:25
Damn....I'm so tempted, so here's my best shot..........

Either (1) Taxi Driving, (2) IRD taxman, (3) parking warden or (4) immigration officer.............

Better than Dairy or Service Station, though?

SixPackBack
19th April 2006, 21:08
Be sure to inform your prospective employer that licence loss is imminent:bye:

Unit
19th April 2006, 21:14
Shame your not after a cleaning job, we need someone to detail the bikes on a regular basis.
So bigger better faster coming up soon (pending licence issues? I guess).
But with all this extra work you'll be taking on how will you have time to ride?
Its a cruel world out there, too much work, not enough riding, then when we do, men in blue want to take our lollies away.:slap:

WINJA
19th April 2006, 21:14
There are none near where I live. YOUR AN INDIAN OPEN ONE.
YOU SOUND LIKE THE INDIAN DUDE WORKING UP THE ROAD FROM ME AT THE GAS STATION , PROFESSOR OF NUCLEAR PHYSICS PUMPING GAS .

HOW DO YOU LOOK IN A DRESS?

justsomeguy
19th April 2006, 21:17
Be sure to inform your prospective employer that licence loss is imminent:bye:

Is it? Well maybe not. :blah:

Nice troll. You coming on the ride tomorrow? I'd like to tell you what I think of you face to face.

SixPackBack
19th April 2006, 21:20
Is it? Well maybe not. :blah:

Nice troll. You coming on the ride tomorrow? I'd like to tell you what I think of you face to face.

Don't hold back Apu, whats stopping you now?:crybaby:

justsomeguy
19th April 2006, 21:25
Shame your not after a cleaning job, we need someone to detail the bikes on a regular basis.
So bigger better faster coming up soon (pending licence issues? I guess).
But with all this extra work you'll be taking on how will you have time to ride?
Its a cruel world out there, too much work, not enough riding, then when we do, men in blue want to take our lollies away.:slap:

It's a bit far to travel isn't it? Yes something bigger and faster will be coming up, don't know how soon though.

Riding will probably come down to once a week I guess.

Lias
20th April 2006, 19:41
Go find yourself a nice indian girl, scratch the dot and win a dairy. :whistle:

Seriously thou I doubt there's going to be much in the way of non-menial jobs around for the sort of hours your after mate.

If you looked like me I'd suggest bouncing work, but I strongly suspect if you tried to tell some 6foot wide islander he was too pissed to come into the bar he'd thump you silly(er).

Stacking shelves at a stupidmarket maybe?

justsomeguy
20th April 2006, 22:08
What about those guys who wave the signs around at interections on the way home. selling flowers for cheap and pizzas?

If they paid $15-$20 /hr I'd be in - or I'll have to keep looking.

justsomeguy
20th April 2006, 22:12
Go find yourself a nice indian girl, scratch the dot and win a dairy. :whistle:

Seriously thou I doubt there's going to be much in the way of non-menial jobs around for the sort of hours your after mate.

If you looked like me I'd suggest bouncing work, but I strongly suspect if you tried to tell some 6foot wide islander he was too pissed to come into the bar he'd thump you silly(er).

Stacking shelves at a stupidmarket maybe?

It's been a while since I did any martial arts, so I'll have to pass on the bouncing, besides I'm a pretty small fella.

Stacking shelves at a market, did that when I was 16 at Foodtown 3 kings -- they work late, I'll need to fit my 2nd job around my 9-5 1st job.

Thanks for the options though.

Teflon
20th April 2006, 22:16

Size is nothing in a street fight mate.. just look at Shane.W (use to work at 6ft and Altitude) i've seen him in a few street fights back in the day...

nodrog
20th April 2006, 22:33
Hi guys,

I'm looking for some part time work to supplement my income and help me save for a bigger bike when I get my full in 4 months time. A few speeding fines and bike expenses have cost me a couple of thousand dollars, which I need to recover.

If you chaps know of anything can you please give me a yell?

I've got a business IT background, degree with a double major in IT and eBusiness, two grad diplomas and all that jazz all acquired locally (can't do techy stuff, but I can learn if you're prepared to train me). I've worked in retail, hospitality, warehouses and factories, on the road selling, fundraising, telemarketing and probably a few other areas I can't remember at the moment.

Don't really care what the work involves as long as I can pick up maybe $150-$200 cash after tax a week. Perfectly happy to look at cash jobs, contract work, short term, etc. Not into cleaning jobs though.

I'm looking for work maybe two nights a week for 2-3 hours and one weekend day, either Sat or Sun is fine - rotating days are fine too. I have a full time job working regular office hours so am not available during that time.

If you have anything or know of something please give me a yell, post here or PM me.

Thanks,
JSG

i'll give ya $10 bucks if ya come up every week and wash my bike? :laugh:

justsomeguy
20th April 2006, 22:42
Size is nothing in a street fight mate.. just look at Shane.W (use to work at 6ft and Altitude) i've seen him in a few street fights back in the day...

Hi Tef,

I think Lias is talking about bouncing work specifically - where size and looking imposing is important.

justsomeguy
20th April 2006, 22:44
i'll give ya $10 bucks if ya come up every week and wash my bike? :laugh:

Drop it in at your local bike shop. They'll do a far better job.

Not the most recommended way of doing things - but for the fastest clean - wash it with petrol and let it air dry, then give any parts a quick polish. The whole bike will be cleaned in 30 seconds.

Qkkid
21st April 2006, 08:47
A bigger bike???? God save us all:pinch: :pinch: :pinch:
heaven help us:gob:

crashe
21st April 2006, 09:44
JSG - get a water bottle and fill it up with water and window washing stuff...
Stand at a intersection and wash car windows.....

You can do the hours to suit you... and you will make really good money.

Smorg
21st April 2006, 09:50
heaven help us:gob:

I know.........im really scared:shutup:

justsomeguy
21st April 2006, 10:00
I know.........im really scared:shutup:

Of what? Never seen you on a ride in ages.

Don't worry guys I'm in no hurry to get a bigger bike. If I do it will only be for ego stroking purposes.

The little 250 does 190kmph and handles beautifully. I've got a new chain, sprockets, oil, good brakes, tuned suspension and race tyres - I LOVE IT.

Whenever I learn to ride I'm sure I can go quite ok on it.

justsomeguy
21st April 2006, 10:02
JSG - get a water bottle and fill it up with water and window washing stuff...
Stand at a intersection and wash car windows.....

You can do the hours to suit you... and you will make really good money.

You know what - I think I will give that a try one day - see how much I can make - just for fun.

Thanks C :)

Scouse
21st April 2006, 10:08
Go find yourself a nice indian girl, scratch the dot and win a dairy. :whistle: If you looked like me I'd suggest bouncing work, but I strongly suspect if you tried to tell some 6foot wide islander he was too pissed to come into the bar he'd thump you silly(er).You Know Lias Iv'e seen this Shri lankan guy about the same size as JSG working as a bouncer at De Poste in Mt Eden, well one night these three large thugs were being a bit rowdy in the bar winding up the punters shoving the occasional smaller punter around, any way this small bouncer dude from the Sub Continent asked them to leave so they proceded to go outside once outside the three of them started up one of them punched him in the jaw big mistake within 15 seconds all three of them were lying on the ground and were not very keen to get back up again

Smorg
21st April 2006, 10:11
Of what? Never seen you on a ride in ages.

thank god for that........nearly died last time. Besides i can only keep up with GR81 on my mountain bike the rest of you speed demons are to fast for me

justsomeguy
21st April 2006, 10:16
You Know Lias Iv'e seen this Shri lankan guy about the same size as JSG working as a bouncer at De Poste in Mt Eden, well one night these three large thugs were being a bit rowdy in the bar winding up the punters shoving the occasional smaller punter around, any way this small bouncer dude from the Sub Continent asked them to leave so they proceded to go outside once outside the three of them started up one of them punched him in the jaw big mistake within 15 seconds all three of them were lying on the ground and were not very keen to get back up again

Just out of curiosity how much does bouncing and security work pay?

You're right - size doesn't matter.

One of my previous instructors was a guy called Shane Tapp - he was about 5"7 - 5"8 - small to medium build. To demonstrate his strength - he once held his arm out straight - and I could do a pull up on it.

Once when I used to work at McDonalds I saw the security guard there a skinny little Egyptian fellow take on 4 100+kg 6"3 guys and ties them all up using a bit of jiu jutsu and his own techniques- impressive stuff.

Bangbug
21st April 2006, 10:33
So degree's are really paying off?
Poor bugger.
How about starting something for yourself? Don't make money working for others. Always a high demand for jigalos :)

juzzer
21st April 2006, 11:00
I will give you $20 commission to sell my bike, and a grandmotherly pash if you sell my leathers for me. :woohoo:

kickingzebra
21st April 2006, 12:26
Normally prospective employers and or people who will help you find a job, need to know what you actually can do... 15 to 20 an hour is good money to pay for a non specific skill set.
What are you good at? what can you do? what do you enjoy doing?
Try and base working around those things.

GSX-RJIM
21st April 2006, 18:19
Try the phone book, look up lawn mowing contractors ask every one of them maybe you could become their locum when thay are sick or have to much work. Or maybe you could become an Ambo officer.