PDA

View Full Version : Hills & the highway collection agency

Timetogo
19th April 2006, 14:51
Why is it that you never see plod at the top a hill hiding in the trees with a laser............ Surely it would be safer to stop people speeding over the top of a blind hill rather than at the bottom where you can see round the corner. A bit like passing lanes really, they sit at the end.

Isn’t it the safe option to overtake quickly rather than doing say 110-120 and taking 2-300 metres passing a car? Much to my disgust I was pinged passing a car.

Plod kindly told me that highway patrol cars are funded by revenue collection and LTSA, separate from the rest of police, maybe that’s why there are so many of the miserable pricks around, job creation. To be fair I shoulda known better and stayed at home over easter :bash:

MSTRS
19th April 2006, 15:02
Oh FFS....don't you know it's all about SAFETY?? And you are not safe if you are over the (arbitary) limit. Hope you have learned your lesson.:bash:
pt

beyond
19th April 2006, 15:09
They haven't discovered that hooning over a hill and going slightly airborne and getting your front up is fun. Once they do, watch out, cos you'll get a laser gun thrust into your peepers on landing.

Won't be long before it happens. I wonder when they are going to stick a GPS chip in every bike so they can debit our bank accounts instantly when a satellite picks up we are going 1kmh over the speed limit. Oh, I'm looking real forward to getting demerits with speed camera fines too. Man, that one keeps me awake at night wriggling with excitement. :dodge:

kevie
22nd April 2006, 11:37
GPS???? nah not needed, have you noticed the green 'boxes' on roadsides with the sensors in the road cropping up all over the place??
They apparently from what I was told by a law enforcement officer (that originally tried to tell me they are only to monitor traffic speed to which I asked him how come they have them in locations where people DO NOT and CAN NOT speed as well) ... that they are for >>>> and can be/will be used when its all set up to have a PROX reader under your vehicle, this can enable the powers to be to ...

A/ know what your vehicle details are
B/ know what speed you are doing (and fine you accordingly)
C/ know if you are using an unregistered/unwarranted vehicle on road (another fine)
D/ charge an appropriate toll on the road if required (oops another cos to the motorist)
E/ in a "wanted situation" they can track the movements of your vehicle

From what I was told they can also tell if rigs are overweight too .... LOL
aaahhhhhhhh the potential of modern technology

GO BIG BROTHER !!!!!!:not: :not: :not: :not: :not:

Highlander
22nd April 2006, 11:44
Hence they refer to it as a ROAD TOLL making all roads toll roads.

beyond
22nd April 2006, 13:43
With all of the above technology, with the price of fuel and plod out to get us, I reckon it won't be long before we are all on pushbikes or riding horses. Trouble is, even with a hundred horses strapped together, you can't go more than 35kmh.

:( :( :(

All the fun we citizens on earth, allow ourselves after a week of drudgery to pay for Helens lunch, is slowly being taken away. :angry:

sAsLEX
22nd April 2006, 17:17
Trouble is, even with a hundred horses strapped together, you can't go more than 35kmh.

:( :( :(

A horse has a maximum stride length of about seven meters, a stride rate of about 2.25 strides/second and a top speed of about 70 km/hr.

Speedracer
6th May 2006, 19:05
G PROX reader under your vehicle, this can enable the powers to be to ...

A/ know what your vehicle details are
B/ know what speed you are doing (and fine you accordingly)
C/ know if you are using an unregistered/unwarranted vehicle on road (another fine)
D/ charge an appropriate toll on the road if required (oops another cos to the motorist)
E/ in a "wanted situation" they can track the movements of your vehicle

From what I was told they can also tell if rigs are overweight too .... LOL
aaahhhhhhhh the potential of modern technology

GO BIG BROTHER !!!!!!:not: :not: :not: :not: :not:

I first noticed those wondering where on earth the speed cam was cos they have the same road footprint.
I got told they were for traffic monitoring

If I have to stick one on my car/bike I wonder what will happen...?

Oh dear the 12v wire fell off.
My alternator is on the blink and fucked it
My car leaked oil all over it
It has been opened? Oh it must have been that high speed hump / gravel road
I took my vehicle through a huge river

kevie
6th May 2006, 20:21
LOL yeh I recon for everything the govt does theres some loophole ... after all ... isnt the government experts in loopholes LOL

RT527
6th May 2006, 20:55
cant see how they would weigh trucks accuratly enuf at speed
as we have to do know more than 5 kmph over the weigh Bridges for them to get an Accurate Axle weight, the sensors would be only an estimate then CVIU would pull you over and take you to the nearest Weigh bridge.

kevie
7th May 2006, 09:35
cant see how they would weigh trucks accuratly enuf at speed
as we have to do know more than 5 kmph over the weigh Bridges for them to get an Accurate Axle weight, the sensors would be only an estimate then CVIU would pull you over and take you to the nearest Weigh bridge.

LMAO I never go ova weigh bridges at 5km/h ... always faster.

But then ... normally when I pull into weigh stations in my rig they just wave me past without weighing anyway, only one I have occasionally been weighed at is Plimmerton.

Was funny, my boss sold 2 of the old Scanias and the new owners said later that it will be a shame when they have them repainted cos they found they got waved through too LOL