PDA

View Full Version : Free 'Ride Forever' DVD

SwanTiger
20th April 2006, 13:37
While browsing through the http://www.rideforever.co.nz/ website I noticed an annoucement regarding a free DVD. Naturally that caught my attention and I've ordered a copy. You can do the same if you're residing in NZ.

There isn't a lot of detailed information, however it is geared towards group riding and how to keep safe. It probably contains a lot of other useful information as well, so I'm looking forward to receiving it.

Just thought this was relevant seen as so the nature of Kiwi Biker is group riding.

Order your copy here http://www.rideforever.co.nz/feedback/group_riding_dvd.html

I like this little blurb they have on the site about group riding...

Make your own decisions. Many riders use groups as an opportunity to show-off or spark impromptu races. Avoid following their example. Concentrate on your own bike, reading the road and setting your own speed and positioning.

So fucken true.

Lias
20th April 2006, 13:40
Good stuff.. ordered a copy too.

Kendog
20th April 2006, 13:44
Nice swanny. I have ordered mine as well.

Cheers

Smokin
20th April 2006, 14:01
Just ordered one myself.

Cheers bud

Fishy
20th April 2006, 14:20
Free stuff is the best stuff. Cheers Swanny!.

Blairos
20th April 2006, 14:26
Its a good DVD - covers pretty much everything around Group Riding - I believe Ulysses had a part in the making of this as well

GR81
20th April 2006, 16:01
i got a copy yonks ago... aint had time to watch it yet tho :( :soon:

hXc
20th April 2006, 16:08
Yup just got me one. Sounds good. And as Fishslayer said, free stuff is always the best stuff!

Maha
20th April 2006, 16:14
When im done with it i will sell it trademe...... tyt arse....:moon:
it better be good swanny or i will bring the dvd and a rather large jar of KY over to you house........:killingme

SwanTiger
20th April 2006, 16:23
it better be good swanny or i will bring the dvd and a rather large jar of KY over to you house........:killingme

Stop it, your turning me on! :sweatdrop

Paul in NZ
20th April 2006, 16:23
That whole website is a bloody stunner!

It should be compulsary reading for all riders

GR81
20th April 2006, 16:24
When im done with it i will sell it trademe...... tyt arse....:moon:
it would only be punishment if there was no KY ;)

phantom
20th April 2006, 16:33
I love getting something for nothing

petesmeats
20th April 2006, 16:58
One of my most favourite things in the whole wide world is getting free stuff.
Cheers

Insanity_rules
20th April 2006, 19:42
Ordered mine too, love group riding and want to make sure I'm doing it safely.

DemonWolf
20th April 2006, 19:53
Cheers for that.. ordered.

kiwifruit
20th April 2006, 20:09
cheers :)

UrbanMyth
20th April 2006, 20:15
wow awesome!
cheers bud

Kornholio
20th April 2006, 20:17
Will there be any titties in it, what about machine-guns??

Ahh screw it Ill get one anyway :D

beyond
20th April 2006, 20:24
Yep, can't ask for anything more than a free DVD. Winning the Lotto would be nice too. :)

Thanks Swanny

SwanTiger
20th April 2006, 23:02
Haha, lets hope that they can keep up with the demand.

I quite like that site, they don't go over the top with any of the advice/tips which I like. In other words, its not PC.

Pays to check it on a regular basis too as they've always got updated.

Maha
28th April 2006, 21:25
Well it turned up today, better have a watch so we dont fuck things up on the 7th aye swanny?.........:blip: :yes:

Sorry guys nothing is free...

This has been funded by taxes and ACC and stuff I believe...

Smokin
28th April 2006, 21:30
mine turned up as well, doesn't run that long, about 17 minutes odd.
Super safe riding tips in it, and a wee bit over the top at times but in sure everyone will get something out of it.

Maha
28th April 2006, 21:30

DAMM !! been fucked over again.........no wait, i pay taxes and levy's.. whew

Kornholio
28th April 2006, 21:35
According to that DVD Im the Antichrist :/ Oh well not bad for free...prompt service too, pity they not that fast when it comes to paying out :(

UrbanMyth
2nd May 2006, 18:53
lol the "Show off" cracked me up

Scorpygirl
2nd May 2006, 19:17
Ulysses did have a big influence on this site and the DVD. Ulysses have been working with ACC in the last few years on the "Look out for Motorcycles" campaign. Now they are focusing on riders and group riding too. Ulysses won an award for this campaign!!! :first:

oldguy
2nd May 2006, 19:34
cheers swanny, order me copy :yes:

SwanTiger
3rd May 2006, 09:34
Ulysses did have a big influence on this site and the DVD. Ulysses have been working with ACC in the last few years on the "Look out for Motorcycles" campaign. Now they are focusing on riders and group riding too. Ulysses won an award for this campaign!!! :first:

Great stuff, the website is a great improvement to the educational material available to Motorcyclist.

I haven't received my copy of the DVD yet, I might re-order one ... it has been a while.

Swoop
3rd May 2006, 12:15
Damn good on them!!!

Kornholio
3rd May 2006, 15:08
I haven't received my copy of the DVD yet, I might re-order one ... it has been a while.

Thats weird cos I ordered mine on a friday and it was here on the Tuesday after that:yes:

Wolf
8th May 2006, 14:34
Excellent DVD, borrowed Lias's copy while waiting for my copy to arrive (arrived this morning)

placidfemme
8th May 2006, 14:48
Choice... thanks for the link... mine should arrive soon :)

Sniper
8th May 2006, 14:57
Delivery was the same for me sAsLEX.

Wolf
8th May 2006, 16:20
Will there be any titties in it, what about machine-guns??
No, but you do get to see our man Skunk in it.

Kornholio
8th May 2006, 17:15
No, but you do get to see our man Skunk in it.

I want titties :crybaby:

Lol which one was he?

John Banks
8th May 2006, 17:45

Which means that the car drivers are paying for it as well.

Wolf
8th May 2006, 20:09
I want titties :crybaby:

Lol which one was he?
I've only met him the once so I'm not 100% sure. He said in the other thread that he was in it. I think he was the ride organiser they featured in that section and he probably was visible on his bike but I have never seen his bike (he drove a van the day we met him and Skunk-Control).

Those who know him better: am I right?

Jantar
8th May 2006, 20:21
I ordered mine on wednesday, and it arrived today. Some nice bikes and great roads, but a bit over emphisised in places, like the guy overtaking and going right to far edge of the opposite lane.

Good value for no cost.

The Pastor
8th May 2006, 21:27
This is from the site

Ride and corner at a safe speed. That means no faster than a speed at which you can stop in the clear space ahead of you.

Toast
8th May 2006, 21:36
Gutted...from the thread title I thought it was going to be a stunt DVD with nutso Americans stunting and stuff...and possibly some T&A in there too :(

Storm
8th May 2006, 22:01
Cheers for the link mate, time I got something back for all my taxes. Good on them for getting the word out

ZeroIndex
8th May 2006, 22:11
Mine arrived today.. looks good

ZeroIndex
8th May 2006, 22:36
I ordered mine on wednesday, and it arrived today. Some nice bikes and great roads, but a bit over emphisised in places, like the guy overtaking and going right to far edge of the opposite lane.

Good value for no cost.
Agreed.. good DVD, but why would you overtake one bike at a time.. I've got a 170cc, so I'm generally the one being overtaken, but if I had that much power and planned on overtaking the 3 bikes he did, I'd do it in one swoop.. would be safer, and you'd get to go faster

ZeroIndex
8th May 2006, 22:44
OK!!!!! here are some "Exemptions to the LAW!!!"

When you get pulled over for 1: Noisy exhaust, you point them at this statement..

In built-up areas, be in a gear which produces enough exhaust noise to herald your approach to pedestrians. Silence is not the safe option.

And if you want to pull a wheelie on the m/way and get caught: Quote http://www.rideforever.co.nz/ride_smart/rough_rides.html#fast <Section 2)>:
AKA "High Speed Wobble"
Lift off the seat, pull back on the handlebars and open the throttle as though attempting a wheelie. Once airborne the forces causing the wheel wobble should dissipate, so that it touches down running straight and evenly.

..and remember.. if you find this amusing in any way, throw bling this way :D PT

Toast
9th May 2006, 20:44
OK!!!!! here are some "Exemptions to the LAW!!!"

When you get pulled over for 1: Noisy exhaust, you point them at this statement..

And if you want to pull a wheelie on the m/way and get caught: Quote http://www.rideforever.co.nz/ride_smart/rough_rides.html#fast <Section 2)>:
AKA "High Speed Wobble"
Lift off the seat, pull back on the handlebars and open the throttle as though attempting a wheelie. Once airborne the forces causing the wheel wobble should dissipate, so that it touches down running straight and evenly.

..and remember.. if you find this amusing in any way, throw bling this way :D PT

I can't believe that the ACC is behind something that offers out practical advice like that, rather than spouting senseless, almost ok in theory bullshit. Go rideforever.co.nz :niceone:

Big Dog
20th May 2006, 00:32
I can't believe that the ACC is behind something that offers out practical advice like that, rather than spouting senseless, almost ok in theory bullshit. Go rideforever.co.nz :niceone:
My sentiments exactly. just found this while searching to see this site already had a mention, it has so thought I had better keep it alive.

Flyingpony
30th May 2006, 12:34
Have ordered my copy. Took 3 business days to arrive. Will watch it shortly. Packaging looks good and like the little booklet that came with it.

ZeroIndex
30th May 2006, 13:26
Have ordered my copy. Took 3 business days to arrive. Will watch it shortly. Packaging looks good and like the little booklet that came with it.
it's not a very long dvd, so don't make popcorn, or set an entire night to watch it.. :)

Wolf
30th May 2006, 13:29
it's not a very long dvd, so don't make popcorn, or set an entire night to watch it.. :)
And don't race into the kitchen to make a coffee while the opening credits are on or you'll miss the whole thing...

ZeroIndex
30th May 2006, 13:34
And don't race into the kitchen to make a coffee while the opening credits are on or you'll miss the whole thing...
yup.. that too.. I didn't even get comfy in my chair before the video finished..

But have some tissues on hand if you're that way inclined...

Macktheknife
30th May 2006, 13:44
Order placed, I think this is the same DVD that went around the KB crew before xmas isnt it?

APPLE
30th May 2006, 19:52
sweet mate,ordered it.........

ZeroIndex
30th May 2006, 22:03
But have some tissues on hand if you're that way inclined...
I have two words for you: BE HAVE :D

SwanTiger
30th May 2006, 22:13
I received my copy of the DVD a couple of weeks ago.

It was very brief but had a lot of good practical points, obviously you don't want to employ every bit of advice but it gets you thinking about things.

Wolf
31st May 2006, 09:06
Lots of good points. Wish I'd known about sweep cars for group rides earlier - I'd've volunteered our services. It wouldn't quite be the same as riding, but at least we could've enjoyed the social interaction and cameraderie of a KB ride. Would have happily loaded first aid kit, spares and anything the riders felt disinclined to carry into the back of the car and tagged along.

I like the idea of the leader signalling the person behind him to stop and direct others at the turn offs. And the TCLOCK mnemonic is better than my usual ad hoc pre-flight which may or may not miss something depending on where my head is at. My usual test for the kick stand was to briefly note that the bike was not lying on its side when I went to get on it.

ZeroIndex
31st May 2006, 10:37
Lots of good points. Wish I'd known about sweep cars for group rides earlier - I'd've volunteered our services. It wouldn't quite be the same as riding, but at least we could've enjoyed the social interaction and cameraderie of a KB ride. Would have happily loaded first aid kit, spares and anything the riders felt disinclined to carry into the back of the car and tagged along.

I like the idea of the leader signalling the person behind him to stop and direct others at the turn offs. And the TCLOCK mnemonic is better than my usual ad hoc pre-flight which may or may not miss something depending on where my head is at. My usual test for the kick stand was to briefly note that the bike was not lying on its side when I went to get on it.
haha, everone one would be like "what's this bloody f**king cage tailgating us and following us everywhere" :D P/T

Wolf
31st May 2006, 14:14
haha, everone one would be like "what's this bloody f**king cage tailgating us and following us everywhere" :D P/T
And I'd be like "watch it or I'll throw your toiletry bag out the window and tip out your thermos of cappucino" - assuming that there are Auckland Sprot Boik riders on the ride, of course :nya: (pt)

Free Rider
31st May 2006, 19:29
Lol thanks, hope its not just a way to try get you to ride slower than my restricted ""70 Kmph"".. I've ordered a copy to...

Cheers, Mike

ZeroIndex
31st May 2006, 19:51
Lol thanks, hope its not just a way to try get you to ride slower than my restricted ""70 Kmph"".. I've ordered a copy to...

Cheers, Mike
i don't think it mentions 70km/h