PDA

View Full Version : Waikato: Coro Loop from Hamilton

Big Chim
20th April 2006, 22:22
Yip another coro loop trip.

Around medium pace, you can see the bike i ride.

I'm looking at doing the coro loop this sunday the 23rd April and i'm seeing if there is anyone else out there keen to join in.

(Edit: looking to go Saturday now due to a look at the weather a plans for the weeknd. Leave hams around 9 headint to tauranga, up and over and back down. Anticlock ways)

I havent done the trip before so i'm not entirly clued up how long it will take, I do know it will take a while.

If your interested please post here and we can organise meeting places etc. If no ones interested i'm heading out anyway weather permitting.

I'm open to sugestions.

beyond
21st April 2006, 08:29
Hiya, Love the Coro loop. :)

Not sure if I can make it and the weather may be dodgy most the weekend too. However, the weather forecast is not known for it's accuracy lately :)

Right, at a moderate to fast pace and one gas stop with a maggot pack for lunch, you can go from Kopu and complete the whole loop either way in around 3 to 3.5 hours. Of course it can be done quicker if you are focussed and don't stop for a piss.

At a moderate pace with a few more stops, around 4 to 4.5 hours.

Depending on how many go, the larger the group, the longer the time, to account for the social aspect of the whole outing, the copious amounts of gas and feeding the worms stops. :) Some also like to stop more often to drown the worms as well.

kickingzebra
21st April 2006, 10:52
A sunday afternoon loop would work well for me... I've never done it before, so I won't be hooning.

Toast
21st April 2006, 19:38
I might be rocking that way on Saturday if I wake up early enough. Planning to leave Auckland before 7am...which normally means I'll leave at about 9...but seriously am aiming for 7 this time.

What time are you heading out RR?

Big Chim
21st April 2006, 20:25
I might be rocking that way on Saturday if I wake up early enough. Planning to leave Auckland before 7am...which normally means I'll leave at about 9...but seriously am aiming for 7 this time.

What time are you heading out RR?

Hey Toast, bit of a change in plans, we are looking to head out from hams at around 9 on saturday and head towards tauranga and then up from there. Found out a friend was in a car crash so might go and see her in tauranga. Head up from there going anti clock wise. I'll PM you my cell, could meet up for lunch or else where. If you left at 9 then could just about meet you just below whitanga where you come across from whitianga the go anticlock wise with us.

Sunday aint looking to good interms of weather

Big Chim
21st April 2006, 20:37
Cheers for the info Beyond.

Always good to get a heads up and abit of info before embarking on such an excursion

kickingzebra
21st April 2006, 20:59
Sorry, canna do any saturday riding... Day booked out!! have fun

Toast
21st April 2006, 21:26
Hey Toast, bit of a change in plans, we are looking to head out from hams at around 9 on saturday and head towards tauranga and then up from there. Found out a friend was in a car crash so might go and see her in tauranga. Head up from there going anti clock wise. I'll PM you my cell, could meet up for lunch or else where. If you left at 9 then could just about meet you just below whitanga where you come across from whitianga the go anticlock wise with us.

Sunday aint looking to good interms of weather

Sorry dude, didn't see this before I replied to your PM.

I'll give you a text in the morn if I leave Auckland at around 9am. There is still the possibility that I'll get my shit together and leave Auckland before then though.

We'll see, I just drop you a text when I'm at Papakura Autobahn (about 40 mins from Kopu). Reply to that with where you are and I'll know whether to chill in Kopu for a bit or chase you bastards up the East side :niceone:

Big Chim
21st April 2006, 21:27
Sorry dude, didn't see this before I replied to your PM.

I'll give you a text in the morn if I leave Auckland at around 9am. There is still the possibility that I'll get my shit together and leave Auckland before then though.

We'll see, I just drop you a text when I'm at Papakura Autobahn (about 40 mins from Kopu). Reply to that with where you are and I'll know whether to chill in Kopu for a bit or chase you bastards up the East side :niceone:

Sweet as, just sent you a PM also