PDA

View Full Version : Winter Tires??

wkid_one
21st March 2003, 13:23
Who here changes their tires for Winter??

I am curious as this year I have elected to run the Renners right through winter - we'll see how smart that was shortly.

Here is a picture reminding everyone why summer is so great on the bikes!!!

Slim
21st March 2003, 16:28
Nope. I run my BT010/020 combo all year round. My reasoning: I don't need to spend shit loads of money on really high performance tyres, because it'd just be pointless, and I'd be replacing them every 1000kms or so :rolleyes: so I buy tyres that I find good for wet AND dry performance & stick with those all the time.

:)

Kwaka-Kid
21st March 2003, 18:34
what do you mean?     Can you change tyres? i thought you used the bike on the factory ones till they popped? or is that just me? so many questions, not enough answers! :P

wkid_one
22nd March 2003, 09:18
And yes Logan - they now also have different tires for the front and rear too!

Kwaka-Kid
22nd March 2003, 10:45
no way! what do you mean? i thought wheel barrow tyres only had one.

my dad recommends dunlop TT100's off his old triumph.  Tyres are like a fine wine, they only get better with age, these babies are 30years hard! :)

Coldkiwi
24th March 2003, 14:02
why not spend some of the money you're not spending on leathers on some good tyres kwaka?

wkid_one
24th March 2003, 19:03
PMPL (for those not in the know - piss my pants laughing) - nice come back Cold........

I forgot to mention the in the 'tire tester' forum Logan that on those black rings you call tires, the limits are likely to come in just of the centre of the tire (LOL).....

I'd love to see you ride my bike and in fact offer it to you when we next ride together and you can find out what it is like to have tires that were made within the last 2 years, let alone this decade! 

Check out my thread on the effin flat tire - now limits of tires are directly proportionate to the effin roading efforts of the local council!!!! BASTARDS....I now wonder if the cost of a new tire can be recouped from the Council for their pisspoor efforts at sealing the roads - I FEEL A LETTER COMING ON - WHERE IS THE FAX!!!!!!!

Kwaka-Kid
24th March 2003, 22:08
ahahah wkid_one! nice 1. and yeah, write the letter!

well guys, i just got home from 13 hour day. and i loved it. 8 hours @ hospital cleaning shit. the rest @ hill+stewerts IT dept. omg i just swing around in a chair all day and get paid! haha well actually i purge the network and post/report/print all accounting reports on global. but anyways, i love money, and i love work. yet it just doesnt seem economic for me to buy new tyres? im saving for a house so yeh. i want my own home by the time im 20, and im well on my way. here i come 14 hour days even!! :D while im earning i cant be spending so its perfect!