PDA

View Full Version : Almost ran over someones pet

Finn
22nd April 2006, 19:37
While clocking up around 700 k's today, I almost ran into this on a blind corner. 2 skid marks if you catch my drift. It took off down the road so I followed it and at the right moment overtook it to warn oncoming traffic. This went on for a while until the horse tired so I stopped and was about to attemp to catch it when the horse float came by. You can see my mates being really helpful about 500 metres back.

kickingzebra
22nd April 2006, 19:56
Shit!! I nearly hit a dog once, and rabbits a plenty, but a farkin horse? thats some Baaad juju... hope you weren't commando in the leathers....They don't wash that well:doobey:

kro
22nd April 2006, 20:08
Mate, that would have been a bit messy. Good work rallying the troops, and securing the scene.

Sniper
22nd April 2006, 20:46
You almost hit a horse on a fucken strait road........... (pt)

Finn
22nd April 2006, 20:49
You almost hit a horse on a fucken strait road........... (pt)

I was drunk and doing 260kph.

GSX-RJIM
22nd April 2006, 20:51
mate I was dam close to smacking in to a big Red Stag the other weekend. The bugger was standing in the middle of the road roaring his head off at some female red deer - or something like that. Bloody frightening

Madness
22nd April 2006, 20:51
I think Finn should edit the title of this thread to: Almost run over by someone's pet.

A mate of mine is was a tow-truck driver for a while. His first ever tow job was a horse. No it wasn't impounded for 28 days.

Where'dya go on your 700km ride?

Scorpygirl
22nd April 2006, 20:55
Blimey Finn - you did pick the big uns to run over!!!! :gob: Did you buy yourself a lotto ticket after that. I would sack the backup patrol - no bloody good in defence, eh!! :doobey: (P/T)

Bonez
22nd April 2006, 21:04
Welcome to the joys of riding on the open road and not a race track............:doobey:

MidnightMike
22nd April 2006, 21:11
Jesus that crazy, :rockon:

I saw this thing on TV that in america you go to this park, and it has one road that everyone follows through the wilderness, this place has bears etc, and people rent harleys and ride through there getting cut off by buffalo and the likes :doobey: , be a fricken scary being chased down by a buffalo on a slow old harley :nya:

Is that true or not? ( I cant really take you seriously with that face as your avatar. )

WINJA
22nd April 2006, 21:13
dont lie finn , you have no friends

Ironman
22nd April 2006, 21:15
You almost found out that 1 Horsepower can sometimes fuck over 100+ Horsepower :nya:

Finn
22nd April 2006, 22:25
Where'dya go on your 700km ride?

As far south as Turangi. Mostly back roads.

Finn
22nd April 2006, 22:30
dont lie finn , you have no friends

I've got many friends. They just don't like me very much.

WINJA
22nd April 2006, 22:33
I've got many friends. They just don't like me very much.
I GOT INVISIBLE FRIENDS AND SOME OF THEM TELL ME TO LIGHT FIRES

Madness
22nd April 2006, 22:35
As far south as Turangi. Mostly back roads.

The Tokoroa/Turangi Road????
I nearly got taken out by a Hawk up there last year, of the feathered variety. Might fine road but, if not a bit bumpy south of Atiamuri.

Finn
22nd April 2006, 22:38
I just noticed there's a ghost in my photo. Check the right side of the picture. I'm going to be rich and famous for this one.

beyond
22nd April 2006, 22:39
Lucky escape there mate. :)

You shoulda given me a heads up on the ride. Ended up riding on my own today cos everyone was busy. Good roads down that way. West side of the lake is pretty good.

Madness
22nd April 2006, 22:42
I just noticed there's a ghost in my photo. Check the right side of the picture. I'm going to rich and famous for this one.

Nah! That'll just be a Mangakino local out playin his Banjo. That place should be fenced in to protect the rest of the country.

Blairos
22nd April 2006, 22:52
Mmmmm... Mangakino... :blip:

Madness
22nd April 2006, 23:06
Mmmmm... Mangakino... :blip:

I was there at new-years. The locals have started a marketing type campaign. It's now referred to as MANGA-VEGAS!!
Fucking Inbreds.

Sniper
22nd April 2006, 23:27

Honda riders aye, were you wearing the right gear too?

Finn
23rd April 2006, 09:28
Honda riders aye, were you wearing the right gear too?

I wore out all the gears.

Lord Derosso
23rd April 2006, 14:00
Glad you missed that horse though. Nearly hit a full grown sow on a bridge in thick morning fog once. Couldnt stop in time so was just lucky the porker didnt move and I could get around her. Did hit a dog once, when I was 15 and unlicenced but the owner didnt complain. Just glad the dog wouldnt be chasing anymore motorbikes after getting a boot in the head at 80kph. Rather sore than dead. Not sure a size 9 1/2 boot would have any effect on the horse and good on you for protecting other road users. That man, and his mates, deserves a beer. :drinkup:

Sniper
23rd April 2006, 14:16
I just noticed there's a ghost in my photo. Check the right side of the picture. I'm going to be rich and famous for this one.

Thats not a ghost, its a forest person. They sodomise people on Kawasakis

Lord Derosso
23rd April 2006, 15:08
Its just a old log but theres a bit of green thingie making it look like legs.

Ixion
23rd April 2006, 15:34
It is not! NOT! It's an Entling. Is so.Jeez, boring pedestrian people, give 'em something exiting like an Entling and all they want to do is find explanations.

SlowHand
23rd April 2006, 17:49
Bollox, its the Knight Ride. how else do you explain it getting off a moving trailor backwards. bet there were hoove-out marks where it jumped off the truck. He was a good horse, i miss him so.

Lord Derosso
23rd April 2006, 17:56
Smallest bloody Entling I have ever seen though I suppose they have to start off as a sappling.... Got you 'stumped' ?

Ixion
23rd April 2006, 17:57
Exactly so. Sapling = baby tree. Entling = baby Ent. You can see that it's walking around.

Incidentally, you say it's the smallest you've seen, how many Ents , or Entlings, *have* you seen ?

babyface
23rd April 2006, 17:58
shit drunk and you get to talk about it?:ride:
you lucky bastard yip get a lotto ticket and then its your shout:laugh:
i hit a dog once wrecked my exhaust, had to make another one and the bloody dog was fine.

Lord Derosso
23rd April 2006, 18:24
Arent Entlings from Lord of the Rings ??? This is just a stump which farmers often leave in paddocks as a stock lean to and rubbing stick....

If he was pissed drunk... who took the photo?

Ixion
23rd April 2006, 18:26
I bet you're one of those people who doesn't even believe in Santa Claus, as well.

Finn
23rd April 2006, 20:09
If he was pissed drunk... who took the photo?

I did. I duct taped my camera to my helmet and set it to shoot every 30 seconds.

Krayy
24th April 2006, 09:01
I reckon if anyones gonna top a horse for a close call, they'll have to be scratching round the zoo when the take the elephants for walkies ::laugh:

Lord Derosso
24th April 2006, 11:59
Until he died when I was 10 years old because some unmentionable killed him in a alleyway. Old old story. As for Mr Finn ..... so you had the camera all set up to record the horse jumping attempt and chickened out ????:spudflip:

The_Dover
24th April 2006, 12:16
Finn, were your friends on Vespas? That's what it looks like from your picture.

Did you manage to keep up with them on your blade?

Lord Derosso
24th April 2006, 12:25
They were trying to catch the horse so they could go faster ???

Finn
24th April 2006, 12:58
Finn, were your friends on Vespas? That's what it looks like from your picture.

Did you manage to keep up with them on your blade?

I could just keep up on the corners but the blade just can't match the straight line speed of a Vespa. My bike got the most looks though and that's all that matters to me.

kickingzebra
24th April 2006, 14:09
I could just keep up on the corners but the blade just can't match the straight line speed of a Vespa. My bike got the most looks though and that's all that matters to me.

Presumeably your chicken strips actually grew, trying to chase the overpowered vespas

Finn
24th April 2006, 14:13
Presumeably your chicken strips actually grew, trying to chase the overpowered vespas

I'm a very careful rider. That's why I get 30,000 k's outta my Corsa's.

sAsLEX
24th April 2006, 14:20
I reckon if anyones gonna top a horse for a close call, they'll have to be scratching round the zoo when the take the elephants for walkies ::laugh:

you reckon the honda would of come out as well as this http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4426

kickingzebra
24th April 2006, 14:32
WTF? Finns grey face has been erased?? and what of the bleeding footwarmer stuck on his footpeg?

Finn
24th April 2006, 14:38
WTF? Finns grey face has been erased?? and what of the bleeding footwarmer stuck on his footpeg?

Bugger. Now you know why I greyed it out. I'm not the handsome bloke you thought I was.

It was not a bleeding footwarmer. It was my hungi on the run bro.

kickingzebra
24th April 2006, 14:53
Bugger. Now you know why I greyed it out. I'm not the handsome bloke you thought I was.

It was not a bleeding footwarmer. It was my hungi on the run bro.

Hangi might have worked better if you got it on the exhaust...
Maybe its an accessory for that pink spidi suit, chicks dig fur...