PDA

View Full Version : South Island Cup Rd1 writeup (Levels)

Kickaha
22nd April 2006, 20:57
Dangerous learns who's boss :nya:

Left home at 6am for the drive down to Levels after loading everything the night before, got there at 8am to find a rather large line waiting for sign in, so stood there patiently while I worked my way to the front, I glance down towards the ute and see Spudracer and co unloading my bikes for me , top blokes that they are :not:

Spudracer took my FXR150 through scrutineering and it just about passed except I’d forgotten to lockwire the sump bung opppsss, a few seconds work and a recheck and it got the sticker on it and the RD350LC went through without drama:niceone:

Riders briefing comes and goes and then we’re out for practice, which is fairly uneventful except in pre82 there’s a fast GSX1100 with a slow rider getting in my way,I get past him around the corners and he blows back past on the straight, then I get pushy and go around him at the decreasing radius and there’s enough corners before the straight that I get enough of a gap that he doesn’t get back past me

Race 1 Pre82

I line up on row 2 with Diesel Pig and as the flag drops only manage about 8th into the turn one bottleneck while Diesel Pig puts a couple of bikes between us the front I get past and get onto the back of him but after he runs down the slow GSX1100 and GSX750 that are holding the group up about lap 3 I have no chance, the GSX1100 is fucking me off as he’s dead slow through the corners but has enough squirt out of them to make a pass difficult, I notice Dangerous parked off on the side of the main straight with his bike broken down (fuck he's rough on gear :lol:), Russel comes past on his Z1 and I chase him a round the hairpin and stick it up the inside of him into the left, down the straight and he goes past again, he covers his line a bit better after the hairpin and I can’t get up the inside so I go around the outside instead, just as I cross the line a RD400 come alongside but I think I beat him for a 6th place finish

Race 1 Buckets

We start behind the street stock 150 class and although they give them a head start we’re in amongst the slower guys by the end of lap1, I follow TonyMac into the decreasing radius and as he passes a 150 another bucket is going around the outside and they have a bit of contact:wacko: , I pull a pass on TonyMac and he gets me back while DarrylC buggers off into the distance, I go hard at it for the next few laps but TonyMac and whatshsiname pull a gap and I can’t make it up and get a 4th

Race 2 Pre82

I get into it a bit harder from the flag drop and are having a problem keeping the front wheel down but Diesel Pig from the row behind gets a flyer I’m 6th onto the straight and get the RD400 off the end of it, then promptly fuck up the chicane and do a bit of grass tracking when he sticks it up the inside of me, I don’t really have anyone to race with in this one once I get back past him and when I have a slide off the end of the straight I slow it down a fraction, another RD350LC comes past and I try to stick with him but his is a bit more trick than mine and I can’t match his speed, Dangerous and K14 have entered their Buckets in Pre82 as well and when Dangerous bike dies once more (fuck he's rough on gear :lol:) K14 has a bit of a moment when that happens and nearly gives him one up the rear and I run in a 6th

Race 2 Buckets

A crap start and by the time although better than Dangerous who is to stupid to realise we are doing a split start and tries to head off at the same time as the 150 class:nono: only to be waved down at the edge of the track and sent back to line up again, which got him voted “Arsehole of the Day” By Mr Batch and a unanimous vote yes by all those around him, I hit the straight K14, Spudracer and Dangerous in front and pass them all by the end and get onto the back of TonyMac and hang in with him for a few laps until they make a few passes on the streetstock150 guys and I get left behind, K14 is riding the wheels off his CB125T he passes me and just about rear ends a 150 into the decreasing radius and in turn I just about hit him and then as we hit the chicane he gets baulked by another 150 and I take the pair of them and get home for another 4th with K14 about ½ a bike

Race 3 Buckets

The best race of the day, DarrylC is out having destroyed his motor in the previous F3 race and K14 is getting far more performance out of his CB125T than I would have thought possible, the little shit passes me around the outside of the hairpin and I pass him when we hit the straight I can hear him right behind me all race and although the FXR does a indicated 140kmh down the straight he’s sticking in my slipstream we trade places a few times then on the last lap he goes around me at the hairpin again but this time I have a plan, I’m right on his back wheel into the next left and going around the outside keep it pinned down into the chicane I’m on the inside line and I’m not giving way and beat him over the line for a 3rd :nya:

Race 3 Pre82

Diesel Pig has had a 2nd and a 3rd and when you consider he isn’t riding his own bike he’s doing very well, we give him a bit of a crank up and tell him to stop fucking about and start off the front which he does and takes a race win, I finally manage to deal to the GSX750 passing him around the outside in the decreasing radius and pulling a big enough gap he can’t touch me down the straight, I don’t know whether it’s because I’m tired but I’m making a few mistakes and are a bit slower than in previous races and can’t run with the guys I’ve stuck with before, the other RD350LC takes me a lap before the end and I end up 7th

A bloody great day, good weather and strangely enough all over by about 3.20pm
Roll on Round 2 June 11th Teretonga:2thumbsup

dangerous
22nd April 2006, 21:15
A crap start and by the time although better than Dangerous who is to stupid to realise we are doing a split start and tries to head off at the same time as the 150 class:nono: only to be waved down at the edge of the track and sent back to line up again, which got him voted “Arsehole of the Day” By Mr Batch and a unanimous vote yes by all those around him,
OHHHH fuck off I asked the prick with the flag (you saw me lean fwd and talk) if we are going at the same time OR having our own flag drop.

HE SAID we go at the same time as the 150's so I bloody well did AND if you were watching you would have seen said prick (Brent) waving at you lot to move ya arses...... I got it right you lot fucked it up.

There was about 100m between us and the front line of the 150's whats the point of waiting as the fast guys lap us anyway.

The breakdown in commuenication was between Wendy and Brent

So shove that in ya pipe n smoke it.

Other than that good write up man, and I am now convinced that 2 strokers belong to Satan's mother in law and should be illegal along with FXR150's

And the 125T needs more POWER slow POS but at least it dident shit its dacks every race like the MT

stanko
22nd April 2006, 21:21
Jeezs were a bit grumpy arent we ?

Go on get it off your chest, blame me. So didnt you take enough bikes?

Apart form your troubles (DD) it sounds like it was a great day out.

I went to work , but have a leave pass for next weekend, I better tidy up a few loose ends before then.

dangerous
22nd April 2006, 21:29
Jeezs were a bit grumpy arent we ?
Shows does it?
Well didnt really have a good time but what the hell dident end up on my arse or blowing another engine, so I spose it was a good day.

Its just that we start behind the 150's thats sweet... BUT we also start behind the learners, and given that we have to give them a wide berth I couldn't pass the wee shits (wee shits that do bloody well, good on em) and was seperated from our group... it was just a balls up.

pics to come tomorow

cowpoos
22nd April 2006, 21:30
lol.....I can feel the love.... lol

Joni
22nd April 2006, 21:32
I got it right you lot fucked it up. Yeah D you got it right here... you were the only one who understood and the entire rest of the field misunderstood... :yes: :tugger:

Great day over all....

I would have to say the rider of the day without a doubt was DieselPig, great stuff => :first:

In fact everyone did well... K14, Nipper, Spud and of course Kickaha you guys were great! *Ahem* even you Dangerous!

I look forward to Ruapuna next week.

Buddha#81
22nd April 2006, 23:07
Another top write up K.

Found the bucket is getting slower or everyone is now faster and im 10kgs heaver than last season. The FXR's go so well on full circuits well see how you guys go next w/end on the trioval.

Over Easter I purchased a CB250rs For $300 off a Lifestyle block owner gave it a Steamclean put some sticky 18" rubber on it an entered in post classic.
I ran in the lower 1/2 of the field but had a top day battling with an old BSA gold star (my newish leathers now have a haze of castor oil on them), a GS550 and k14 on his CB125t. The best $300 I've spent in a long time. Its better than sitting in the pits waiting for the next Bucket race to come round. Anyone thinking of getting into racing you dont need heaps of cash to get out there and have fun.

My "bloke of the day" award go's to K14 for dusting off his old 125 twin and giving the FXR boys a hurry up well done dude.

gav
22nd April 2006, 23:48
Shows does it?
Well didnt really have a good time but what the hell dident end up on my arse or blowing another engine, so I spose it was a good day.

Its just that we start behind the 150's thats sweet... BUT we also start behind the learners, and given that we have to give them a wide berth I couldn't pass the wee shits (wee shits that do bloody well, good on em) and was seperated from our group... it was just a balls up.

pics to come tomorow
So why is the MT crapping out? Still same fault? Have you replaced the coil yet?

gav
22nd April 2006, 23:54
Another top write up K.

Found the bucket is getting slower or everyone is now faster and im 10kgs heaver than last season. The FXR's go so well on full circuits well see how you guys go next w/end on the trioval.

Over Easter I purchased a CB250rs For $300 off a Lifestyle block owner gave it a Steamclean put some sticky 18" rubber on it an entered in post classic.

$300?? Yeah, thought $800 sounded a bit steep... http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=54178083
hmmm, RD350A $600! http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Classic-vintage/auction-54472695.htm

dangerous
23rd April 2006, 08:29
So why is the MT crapping out? Still same fault? Have you replaced the coil yet?
Same fault... replaced the coil and tried other shit out... same thing.

Yeah D you got it right here... you were the only one who understood and the entire rest of the field misunderstood... :yes: :tugger:

I would have to say the rider of the day without a doubt was DieselPig, great stuff mate ==> :first:

the hole feild..... what alll 5 of us :bleh:

And I will vote K14 rider of the day, pissed me off he did :ride: at levels in the past we have been neck and neck, but k14 is now way out frount of me and he has an engine in the same state of tune as mine... wee shit rides it bloody well, considering its by far the rattiest bucket there.
The RS racing is really showing off... I hate you k14 :doh:

Kickaha
23rd April 2006, 08:59
the hole feild..... what alll 5 of us :bleh:

There was six, obviuosly your counting is as good as your spelling and listening skills :killingme

no one else had even bothered opening the throttle as they all knew how the start was to be done:laugh:

Found the bucket is getting slower or everyone is now faster and im 10kgs heaver than last season.

Lay off the pies and chips, Georgie is taking it off and you're putting it on to compensate:bleh:

k14
23rd April 2006, 11:56
Yep was an awesome day.

After the initial disspointment of not being able to ride my rs (found a crack in the expansion chamber when I was loading it up into my van on friday night) I had a blast on the ole CB125.

Biggest scare of the day was stalling on the start of the first Pre 82 race. The flag dropped and I let the clutch out a little too quickly and it just died. I was bracing for impact from another bike behind me but luckly they all passed without incident. I gave it a little push and was back in the race.

Still can't believe I let that old bastard back through in the last bucket race, if only we were on equal machinery :laugh:. Now I think its time for a few enhancments to the CB. Like checking the valve clearance and maybe trying to track down a set of matching carbs (the ones on there at the moment are different diameters).

Untill we meet again aye. Probably not till teretonga.

sAsLEX
23rd April 2006, 13:06
Yep was an awesome day.

After the initial disspointment of not being able to ride my rs (found a crack in the expansion chamber when I was loading it up into my van on friday night) I had a blast on the ole CB125.

Couldnt you have used knead it or something to fill the crack? Should of rung Ivan he is the KB rs expert!

Rashika
23rd April 2006, 21:36
good days racing, nice for it to all go on time, no crashes or any delays, beaut!
And as for D's early start to the race, even I could see the guy on the side of the track waving them all on... was wondering why they were all sitting there, oh well, such is life.

here's a few piccies as usual
Pic 1 : Rds unite, diesel pig (57) Kickaha (83) and not sure of the other guy
Pic 2: Spudracer on 81
Pic 3: K14
Pic 4: Dieselpig, Spudracer, Kickaha and dangerous (68)
Pic 5 & 6: spot the kbers, there a few of them

Rashika
23rd April 2006, 21:42
and a few more
Pic 1: Nipper...doing well sunshine!
Pic 2: DC leads on the worked MB in RS frame
Pic 3 & 4: The remains of Dcs engine ...woops :crybaby:
Pic 5 & 6: Kbers going balls out again

Rashika
23rd April 2006, 21:48
and the last
Pic 1 & 2: Dangerous and spudracer
Pic 3: Dangerous and K14
Pic 4: Kickaha
Pic 5: A buell, going great guns.
Pic 6: The Superduke, done good too, took 2nd place in the last race.

Buddha#81
24th April 2006, 01:12
and a few more
Pic 1: Nipper...doing well sunshine!
Pic 2: DC leads on the worked MB in RS frame
Pic 3 & 4: The remains of Dcs engine ...woops :crybaby:
Pic 5 & 6: Kbers going balls out again

In Pic 3 it is clear where DC has gone wrong, his piston grass (or PG as we known in the trade) was in bad need of water and fert (also known in the trade as bullshit):laugh:

diesel pig
24th April 2006, 23:44
Race 3 Pre82

Diesel Pig has had a 2nd and a 3rd and when you consider he isn’t riding his own bike he’s doing very well,

kickaha PRAISING me! I...I don't know how to take it. Should I be pleased or....worried? You're changed Kickaha where's the grumply old man I knew?

dangerous
25th April 2006, 06:11
kickaha PRAISING me! I...I don't know how to take it. Should I be pleased or....worried? You're changed Kickaha where's the grumply old man I knew?
Ohhh hes still there don't worry, hes just greasing ya for a vote to be club pres :confused:

Buddha#81
25th April 2006, 12:45
Ohhh hes still there don't worry, hes just greasing ya for a vote to be club pres :confused:

There can be only 1, master yoda. I feel a movement in the force, toward the dark side. Daft Dangerous can be the only one. We will all feel the way of the dark side so bring your own o-ring lube.

VOTE LABOUR VOTE DANGEROUS FOR PRES. just think what this guy can bring to this position:killingme :laugh: :stupid:

Kickaha
25th April 2006, 13:11

Ok GET FUCKED THEN :finger: is that better :bleh:

dangerous
25th April 2006, 13:46
There can be only 1, master yoda. I feel a movement in the force, toward the dark side. Daft Dangerous can be the only one. We will all feel the way of the dark side so bring your own o-ring lube.

VOTE LABOUR VOTE DANGEROUS FOR PRES. just think what this guy can bring to this position:killingme :laugh: :stupid:
:killingme :killingme :killingme Ya fuking wanker :spudflip: :laugh:

Buddha#81
25th April 2006, 18:47
:killingme :killingme :killingme Ya fuking wanker :spudflip: :laugh:

Thats a bit harsh on your self appointed campain manager. Fick you back I QUIT:finger:

diesel pig
25th April 2006, 19:09
Ok GET FUCKED THEN :finger: is that better :bleh:

Thats better at least I know where I stand