PDA

View Full Version : Name that song

Slingshot
22nd April 2006, 23:28
So I can't remember how this song goes and I don't know who sings it but it's played on The Rock & Radio Hauraki quite often.
It's by a band from the generation of Alice Cooper/GnR/AeroSmith etc.

So what is it?

Rep to the person that gets it right.

nodrog
22nd April 2006, 23:35
So I can't remember how this song goes and I don't know who sings it but it's played on The Rock & Radio Hauraki quite often.
It's by a band from the generation of Alice Cooper/GnR/AeroSmith etc.

So what is it?

Rep to the person that gets it right.

can you hum us a couple of lines for a clue?

Slingshot
22nd April 2006, 23:38
I can't remember how it goes, but I do remember that when I hear it it always think it doesn't sound like it should be sung by the band that sings it.

Shadows
22nd April 2006, 23:48
Not "Dream On" by Aerosmith? Flogged my Eminem?

Sing with me, sing for the years
Sing for the laughter, sing for the tears
Sing with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow the good lord will take you away

Teflon
22nd April 2006, 23:58
Nazareth.. love hurts

Slingshot
23rd April 2006, 00:08

Yeah, that's it!!!

The Aerosmith version, didn't realise Eminem had ripped it off.

Riff Raff
23rd April 2006, 01:47
Yeah, that's it!!!

The Mission also did a version of it.

Al
23rd April 2006, 07:31
What I find so odd is that a lot of "older" songs are now released as "new versions" by youngsters and everyone is absolutely ecstatic about it!
At the moment there is a "new version" of FOREVER YOUNG, originally released by Alphaville...
Sometimes pisses me off.

Rant over

Al

Slingshot
23rd April 2006, 08:14
What I find so odd is that a lot of "older" songs are now released as "new versions" by youngsters and everyone is absolutely ecstatic about it!
At the moment there is a "new version" of FOREVER YOUNG, originally released by Alphaville...
Sometimes pisses me off.

Rant over

Al

Agreed..although there are exceptions to the rule. I think when the newer band is clearly ripping off a song just to make money then it sux arse.
But if the newer band is ripping off a song as a tribute to the original band then that can be ok.

cowpoos
23rd April 2006, 10:44
and limpbisket or what ever the fuck they're called recked "behind blues eyes" by the who....

Highlander
23rd April 2006, 10:47
What cracks me up is when the kids come home raving about a new song and you drag out the origional - they hate it.

BTW Led Zep did a version of this song that gets a fair bit of air time.

Hitcher
23rd April 2006, 18:13
I don't mind songs getting "ripped off" if they're better than the original...

Coyote
23rd April 2006, 18:19
What cracks me up is when the kids come home raving about a new song and you drag out the origional - they hate it.

This is because most kids have no real opinion and will only like songs currently in the Top 40. That is 'kule'.

k14
23rd April 2006, 18:37
I don't mind songs getting "ripped off" if they're better than the original...
bit of an eminem fan are we???

yeah the aerosmith version kicks arse, didnt even know eminem did a version till this thread. up there in my songs most played list in winamp :eek:

White trash
23rd April 2006, 19:00
Hey! I saw a bike today and I can't tell ya who made it but it had a chrome headlight and was built in the seventys. Rep for who can tell me what it was.

Jeezhus-Keeerist............

White trash
23rd April 2006, 19:04
Yeah, that's it!!!

Eminem didn't "rip it off". He covered and remixed it as a duet with Aerosmiths permission. It's a fantastic rock/rap ballad and I reckon it's fucken cool.

Gotta listen to it in the gargre however as Riff raff aint to keen on Eminem OR Kid Rock. "She's a hard road finding the perfect woman boy......"

Rashika
23rd April 2006, 22:03

actually I like the eminem version of that, at least he uses the original music, just added to/developed a great song... like what he does to songs

and limpbisket or what ever the fuck they're called recked "behind blues eyes" by the who....
unlike others who COMPLETELY fk it up...damn that was a pitiful version of this one, the original was soooo much better...oooooo the Rodger Daltry can do it for me anytime :msn-wink:

cowpoos
23rd April 2006, 22:17
Rodger Daltry can do it for me anytime :msn-wink:

who???????????? lmao

Maha
23rd April 2006, 22:25
John English also done a version of the song, if anyone remembers him?
Pete Townsend wrote 'Behind Blue Eyes' and didnt he get done for dodgy children stuff on his comp?...maybe the lyrics reflect his own sordid past as a teen?.......:confused:

Krayy
24th April 2006, 09:13

How the freakin' hell did you get that from SS's description?? We have a pub quiz coming up and you're invited!!! :drinkup:

Rashika
24th April 2006, 09:24
who???????????? lmao
piss off ya :finger: ....or do you have a thing for him too huh? :laugh:

kidding sweetie :bleh:

Slingshot
24th April 2006, 15:50
How the freakin' hell did you get that from SS's description?? We have a pub quiz coming up and you're invited!!! :drinkup:

Can I be the Quiz Master?

Slingshot
24th April 2006, 16:03
Eminem didn't "rip it off". He covered and remixed it as a duet with Aerosmiths permission. It's a fantastic rock/rap ballad and I reckon it's fucken cool.

I stand corrected, just having a listen to it now. It's alright but I prefer the original.
Thing is, it's not really a rip off because it's a different song. It uses the same tune and chorus but different vocals in the verses. (like what he did with that Dido song)

WRT
24th April 2006, 16:47

Well, it was only a matter of time before someone guessed it. He was asking for a song "played on The Rock & Radio Hauraki quite often". I mean, Hauraki only play about 10 songs, and they're the same ones they've been playing since the 80's, ffs.

The Beast
24th April 2006, 19:53
This is because most kids have no real opinion and will only like songs currently in the Top 40. That is 'kule'.

Nah mate, you got that wrong. It's "kewl".
I hate the bloody re-makes, they are absolute shit, with probably a small number of exceptions, and no, Jimmy, not eminem/aerosmith.

Insanity_rules
24th April 2006, 22:17
Agreed..although there are exceptions to the rule. I think when the newer band is clearly ripping off a song just to make money then it sux arse.
But if the newer band is ripping off a song as a tribute to the original band then that can be ok.

Get Aerosmith's album Pandora's Toys if you like that song. Its got a few other good songs along that line too!

Shadows
24th April 2006, 22:39

LOL just like WRT said, they only play half a dozen songs!