PDA

View Full Version : Hypotheticaly Speaking

Sniper
23rd April 2006, 09:03
Im sure a few of us on here might have had to endure the pain that was the movie "Biker Boys." Now in my personal opinion, it was a shit movie with ridiculous connotations about motorcyclists. Im sure there are gangs or clubs in the US of A that are like that and drag down streets, bridges, driveways and just generally cause mayhem and have fun their way.

But, if this was the case in NZ (I don't think it is.) would you be part of such a club that consisted of 3 people or more that raced for money and "lids"?

Would there be friction between clubs or would it flow smoothly with differences being taken out on by drags.

Would all of physics laws as we know them change to accomodate the fact that no matter how fast you accelerate past someone, the moment your front wheel is a couple of inches past theirs, all forward acceloration stops and its a battle to stay ahead?

Would you Bling your bike up so that after your ride you need to spend the next 3 hours polishing the bike?

Me, well I don't need to prove anything to anybody. Finns quote (Which is currently immortalised in Jim2's sig) speaks for itself and Im in no hurry to meet the Grim Reaper. There is also another well known KB'er who has a quote in their profile picture that says, "It ain't bragging motherfucker, if you can back it up" (I haven't asked if I can identify the person, hence the quote), that speaks volumes to quite a few.

kro
23rd April 2006, 09:13
Yeah, Biker boys was a steaming pile of cowpoos, and no I would not belong to a biker club that was all about hard out street racing, and the likes, because I am a grandma, who likes the journey, not the destination.

That other movie Torque was no better either. One of the best biker movies still, is "Stone". That was pretty messed up.

White trash
23rd April 2006, 09:35
I gots no problem being identified "blood"!

In all seriousness, I know of a group of "underground" racers that I've ridden with on a couple of occasions. Pretty limp wristed bunch as they'll only race against themselves and wont race anyone they don't know. I'm not personally keen on that sort of behaviour so have nothing really to do with them. I actually think I'm getting mature in my thinking (about fucken time) but 8-10 years ago I would have been right into it.

Sniper
23rd April 2006, 09:41
There is also another well known KB'er who has a quote in their profile picture that says, "It ain't bragging motherfucker, if you can back it up" (I haven't asked if I can identify the person, hence the quote), that speaks volumes to quite a few.

I gots no problem being identified "blood"!

In that case, it is in WT's profile pic along with the farking cool riding pics that one day I might be able to get away with.

Toast
23rd April 2006, 09:57
I, like 'Trash, feel that I have grown up too.

When I got my first big bike, got comfortable enough on it that I felt that no cop could touch me in the dry, I went pretty nutso on the road. Now I tend to take it a whole lot easier, only really going hard in the totally clear corners...but now and then I slip up and charge it a bit. I'm sure I'll do that less and less as I get older, and once I find enough time at the track to get that urge out of my system on a regular basis.

FROSTY
23rd April 2006, 10:01
Underground "raceing" clubs have been around for decades.
I say "take it to the track' baby so its rider skill not blind luck that determins who wins

GR81
23rd April 2006, 10:13
only if it had a secret handshake *cough*

WINJA
23rd April 2006, 10:16
Underground "raceing" clubs have been around for decades.
I say "take it to the track' baby so its rider skill not blind luck that determins who wins
YOU ARSEHOLE FROSTY IT WAS YOU THAT CRASHED WITH A PILLION WHEN YOU WERE GOING TO RACE SOMEONE AROUND AUCKLANDS WATERFRONT ,SORRY IF OUR 250'S WERE TOO FAST FOR YOU GPZ900:laugh: .

WHEN I CATCH YOU YA FUCKEN MIDGET IM GONNA POUND YOU INTO THE GROUND FOR BEING SUCH A HYPOCRITE

WINJA
23rd April 2006, 10:23
there was a group of guys that used to meet at brazil cafe on sunday morning and then go out an race and thrash and break every law , runners were common , crashing was common .
that stopped for a few years then we met somewhere in onehunga every sunday , it was the called "sunday thrash" and there was some good riders , some of aucklands best infact, and the racing started from onehunga and usually the back way block house bay,titirangi,scenic drive,kumeu,old nth rd, puhoi then back, lotsa crashes lotsa speed , most of us had 750 or 1000s and theyd be tapped out

Smorg
23rd April 2006, 10:30
A decade ago i was in a bike gang. Used to catch and beat up kids we didnt know,good times. No high speed road races though. Used to save it for the "bmx track" .

BIKER BOYS WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Drew
23rd April 2006, 13:00
To be honest, I think I'd try to join, be kicked out for being to much of a loud mouth, then go round telling anyone who'd listen what a pack of wankers they are, and how dangerously they ride.
But seriously, there are few amongst us who always adhear to the law, when we ride in groups, some of us are always trying to get there first.
It aint quite like the movie, (those stunts were all real and fuckin awesome by the way), but it's biker mentality I think.
I am reminded of a story about a time WT and welly crew were up in the land of Dork, and some of those guys were playing the hero trying to get there knee down, while riding pretty slow. (you all know who you are, and need to try a little less hard, and do a litle more real). No matter what we say, shit loadds of us have something to prove, and who better to prove it to, than our peers?
Rant over, have a nice day:finger:

El Dopa
23rd April 2006, 15:04
Im sure a few of us on here might have had to endure the pain that was the movie "Biker Boys." Now in my personal opinion, it was a shit movie with ridiculous connotations about motorcyclists. Im sure there are gangs or clubs in the US of A that are like that and drag down streets, bridges, driveways and just generally cause mayhem and have fun their way.

Would there be friction between clubs or would it flow smoothly with differences being taken out on by drags.

Biker Boyz was a shit film, but it was based on what is apparently a thoughtful, in-depth article by a reporter, Michael Gougis, for the (now defunct) online news/magazine site "LA NewTimes", who spent quite a bit of time with these semi-undeground clubs, getting to know what they were about, earning their trust, etc.

Apparently parts of the bike scene in the US are a lot like they were portrayed in the film - the whole 'bling' aspect, modding racers, style over substance, rap style callouts 'biker boyz don't bow down for nobody', etc, etc.

If you look at the credits on the film, you will see some still photos of some of these real-life groups posing with their flags and bikes. I wouldn't recommend this though, as it means you have to waste your time with the film, even if all you're doing is skipping to the credits. Don't bother looking for the article online either. I haven't been able to track it down.

There is an article in a recent edition of 'Two Wheels' (aussie bike mag), where one of their reporters goes over to the US, and after some difficulty, manages to get a contact in their modded, illegal, bike drag scene. He describes the racing as being like the build up to a pub fight, slagging off each other and the other persons bike, mad eye contact, a bit of pushing and shoving, and then just before the fists would normally fly, they both hop on their bikes and drag off. The bets are usually a couple of hundred dollars.

It's worth noting that there seems to be an almost complete seperation between their drag and their track racing scenes. The main interviewee in the TW article says he tried the track a couple of times, but didn't enjoy it - no money to be made, and too dangerous.

So yeah, there is a 'biker boyz' type scene in the US.

Would all of physics laws as we know them change to accomodate the fact that no matter how fast you accelerate past someone, the moment your front wheel is a couple of inches past theirs, all forward acceloration stops and its a battle to stay ahead?.

The funniest part of the film was the final drag race along the dirt track towards a T-junction, which had a white wooden fence on the opposite side of it. Runoff after the finish line? Approximately 2 metres, then you hit the fence. Good brakes on those yank bikes.

Would you Bling your bike up so that after your ride you need to spend the next 3 hours polishing the bike?

It does seem to be a big part of their scene - blinging up the bike so you can make a few low-speed passes with your neons flashing along the main drag. a bit like the seperation here between serious car modders, and the ones that spend thier cash on rotating alloys, unconnected guages on the dash, and neon undertrays.

Edbear
23rd April 2006, 19:03
The funniest part of the film was the final drag race along the dirt track towards a T-junction, which had a white wooden fence on the opposite side of it. Runoff after the finish line? Approximately 2 metres, then you hit the fence. Good brakes on those yank bikes.

Almost embarrassed to admit seeing the film! It was kinda amatuer! Guess they were trying to tell a story. You gotta luv American movies, though! Just suspend all belief in reality for the duration!

slimjim
23rd April 2006, 19:27
fuck mate you best get out and put your ear to the streets , know fucken heaps of lads that street race,and spend thousards on their bikes, to go faster, not lids they get, but most races will cost you 250.00 a run, four bikes per run, and can have 18 bikes running for top bike, anything upto 70 poeple in tin roofs,fuck and this is the mount, tepuke , races went up te mata road,, wake up dude:mega: :finger:

Matt Bleck
23rd April 2006, 21:16
Only if I can wear a german helmet!!!

Sniper
23rd April 2006, 21:53
fuck mate you best get out and put your ear to the streets , know fucken heaps of lads that street race,and spend thousards on their bikes, to go faster, not lids they get, but most races will cost you 250.00 a run, four bikes per run, and can have 18 bikes running for top bike, anything upto 70 poeple in tin roofs,fuck and this is the mount, tepuke , races went up te mata road,, wake up dude:mega: :finger:

I have no need to compensate, my dick is big enough

slimjim
24th April 2006, 08:38
I have no need to compensate, my dick is big enough

:laugh: looks that way cause you got kiddies hands:bleh:

Krayy
24th April 2006, 08:53
Yeah, Biker boys was a steaming pile of cowpoos, and no I would not belong to a biker club that was all about hard out street racing, and the likes, because I am a grandma, who likes the journey, not the destination.

That other movie Torque was no better either. One of the best biker movies still, is "Stone". That was pretty messed up.
Are you guys forgetting the most realistic bike race scene in Batman Forever, with the "boyz" all blinged up with flouro paint so they could race under black lights??

Faaaark, that was a top race :killingme

jimbo600
24th April 2006, 08:57
I'm part of an underground racing gang. Top dog too so y'all can call me smoke. Burn rubber, not your soul!

24th April 2006, 09:08
There is a lot of ' bikerboyz' wannabees in my town, all posing next to sportbikes with polished /chromed frames, POS wavy rotors and of course lowered suspension with super long extended swingarms and the obligatory neon kits.

I only ever see them hanging out at a local gas station, I have never seen any of them on any of the decent local roads that are actually fun to ride.

I guess they are essentially the equivalent of the fast and furious crowd in that when they do go fast they do it very rarely and then only in a straight line.

Occasionally they rev the crap out of their bikes engines ( while they are cold) and imagine some of them might do the odd burn out.

Pretty sad really how they butcher perfectly decent bikes and turn them into a POS that is so lowered and stretched its not good for anything other than straight line accelleration.

WINJA
24th April 2006, 17:13
I'm part of an underground racing gang. Top dog too so y'all can call me smoke. Burn rubber, not your soul!
I WAS SO EMBARESSED WATCHING THAT MOVIE WITH MY NON MOTORCYCLIST FRIENDS

jimbo600
24th April 2006, 17:17
I WAS SO EMBARESSED WATCHING THAT MOVIE WITH MY NON MOTORCYCLIST FRIENDS

Yep. Fucking atrocious aye. To think thata Laurance Fishburn agreed to that.

WINJA
24th April 2006, 17:24
Yep. Fucking atrocious aye. To think thata Laurance Fishburn agreed to that.
LAWRENCE FISHBURN IS A B GRADE ACTOR , HES JUST A POOR MANS SAMUEL L JACKSON

jimbo600
24th April 2006, 17:34
LAWRENCE FISHBURN IS A B GRADE ACTOR , HES JUST A POOR MANS SAMUEL L JACKSON

Actually Laurance B is a well respected thespian. Does a mean Othello. However Peewee Herman would have lowered himself agreeing to Biker Boyz. Personally I reckin Mr T should have played the part. "I pity the fool who burns my soul!"

DemonWolf
24th April 2006, 17:36
haha.. good stuff jimbo600.. =)

R6_kid
24th April 2006, 19:00
Personally I reckin Mr T should have played the part. "I pity the fool who burns my soul!"

im sure he woulda responded to the request with "i aint gettin' on no bike"

SlashWylde
25th April 2006, 10:16
...So yeah, there is a 'biker boyz' type scene in the US.

I think the operative word to describe this type is 'boys'.

Stevo
25th April 2006, 12:14
I think the operative word to describe this type is 'boys'.
I agree. When I was a young fella nothing was more awesome than Streethawk. I think that is what it was called. Used to be able to backflip when he hit the "jet" button. :rofl: Was kinda like motorbike version of Knightrider I think. At least he had a jet button unlike the Torque boys.

Aitch
25th April 2006, 15:01

And who said that our education system doesn't teach kids to write grammatically and logically?