PDA

View Full Version : Blindspott, the new single - Drown

R6_kid
24th April 2006, 23:32
Probably have to be one of my all time favourite bands. Did some awesome stuff on their first album considering that their genre isn't widely accepted in Zealand, which was sort of reflected by what the New Zealand music industry had come out with at the time.

Anyway, its been four years since the first album and the boys have been at it hard, cut a few people and tidied up their image a bit. You've probably heard their previous single 'Yours Truly', well the new single 'Drown' blows that out of the water (imo, and excuse the pun). Anyway... head over to their myspace site (http://www.myspace.com/blindspott) for a listen, you can also watch the video there or at youtube.com if you search for it.

Single is out in stores on May 1st, soon to be followed by the new album "The Theory of Bleeding".

Check out their website at www.blindspott.com for more info.

Good shit, i'm loving it, and i'm sure a fair few of the younger KB crowd will be too.

R6_kid
24th April 2006, 23:35
and if you do like it and get sick of pressing play at the myspace site, then goto www.coke.co.nz, sign up, then go to the rock the tropics page, at the bottom is a link to put in a code, the code to download the single is CGFXY, make sure when the next page comes up you right click and go 'save target as' otherwise it will load up in the browser - which becomes messy if you want to go back later if you close the window.

kickingzebra
24th April 2006, 23:55
Sweet... Sounds OK... Not as raw as the oldschool stuff... Never mind, market acceptance in that genre is hard out, but they have carved a niche.

R6_kid
25th April 2006, 00:06
yeh i did think that too, its a bit softer and less dark than some of their original stuff, but come to think of it they have come a long way since then, and if you know their story a few of them had had quite a rough time back then which was reflected partially in their music.

Teflon
25th April 2006, 13:02
Good band, good song.

Sniper
25th April 2006, 13:15
Awesome, thank GD.