PDA

View Full Version : christchurch riders where you hiding??

NodMan
25th April 2006, 17:25
Hit CHCH last night and apart from the bikes in the shop at Norjos have only seen two bikes and one Vespa so far...where you all hide???

Cant work it out ..Public Holiday and Im sure I saw BOTH ya plods heading home this morning after dawn service...so the roads are clear and only a bit of liquid sunshine....

Heard the legend of One armed bandit this morning so thought ya cant be that hard to find!!!...did a few laps of the city then off to Akaroa we head with our yellow Michelin man disguises on ...saw the guy on R series BMW paraglider on the way out, few Remuera tractors on wrong side of road into blind bends BUT no other bikes ...lunch at Akaroa then sprint back(wont rate the road but STUNNING even in wet!! back to town and spotted one older VFR and a black Vespa smoking ya motorway???

Gunna smoke north now if I cant find trouble here it must be waiting elsewhere for us!!

Scouse
25th April 2006, 17:29
Maybe their scared that you might ticket them

TonyB
25th April 2006, 17:31
Dude, we've just had a run of awesome weather. Why the hell would we go out and ride in this shit? It's been pissing down at my house all day.

NodMan
25th April 2006, 17:33
left the books at home...way too good down here to work...all these roads an so little time!!!

NodMan
25th April 2006, 17:36
Dude, we've just had a run of awesome weather. Why the hell would we go out and ride in this shit? It's been pissing down at my house all day.

mate we've had three weeks of stunning weather that I cant tell the Jaffas about...so the little bit of liquid has been a refreshing change, gets the turbo spinning free and not smokin the tyres so badly... awesome fun!!!

laRIKin
25th April 2006, 17:39
Well NodMan some of us were doing this http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=28107

Some did the ride to Hororata and some turned up and then went home to the nice fire because it was postponed and raining.
Some even rode in from a reasonable distance to try and do the ride as well.
Which was suppose to be held wet or dry.
So there was a few bikes on the road that we seen apart from us silly buggers.
Sorry not to see you lot as well.

Sniper
25th April 2006, 17:50
I was at work, you coulda stopped in for a cuppa

onearmedbandit
25th April 2006, 18:32
I was out riding Nelson to Golden Bay back to Nelson and home again, in the pouring rain. I am a legend...

dangerous
25th April 2006, 18:40
Hit CHCH last night and apart from the bikes in the shop at Norjos have only seen two bikes and one Vespa so far...where you all hide???

Was working, and theres no way in hell you would catch me out in this shit, haven't seen this amount a rain in a long time.

Apart from that The rumour down here is that when in uniform you pick on bikers... so I spose they were all hiding, not realising you were on holls :bleh:

Deviant Esq
25th April 2006, 18:50

Sums up pretty well exactly what I was thinking. Would've been less soaking wet in the estuary...

Sniper
25th April 2006, 18:58
You CHCH pussies, I rode to work and back today. Have to get in as much riding as possible.

Yes I am a legend

dangerous
25th April 2006, 19:18
Yes I am a legend
yes you are... in your own mind :bleh:

thehollowmen
25th April 2006, 19:40
I went and caught up with a friend who incidently was involved at the jelly wrestling at rallys this last month..

But my bike was parked in town and we visited .. one of the tattoo stores and had lunch.

Town was dead. Scarily dead.

Powerslides can be fun

Ghost_Bullet
25th April 2006, 19:53
I managed to get a ride in today, from Rangiora to Kiapoi to Amberley, and home again. And the water that was falling was shit loads, I have this new bike, and it went well. My boots are crap and my feet were swimming by the time I got home, the helmet visor fogs up bad, and will not stay a little open to let air over it, so ya have to open it wide enough that the water is peltin on the face. I am not complainin about the wet, I guess my gear is in need of some refreshing.

Thank fully living rural I did not look a dick to the neigbours as I fully suds washed the bike down in the rain, to remove the crud. I am sure in six months I will not be so eager to clean.... maybe.

Today makes ya appreciate all that we have had until today.

Q

T.W.R
25th April 2006, 20:18
spent most of the day watching the back lawn turn into a pond, been so dry the wet stuff ain't soaking in :no:
and the bloody southerly is blowing like 40 bastards

So as to riding :oi-grr: fark that shit, done my time getting soaked on 2 wheels. if i'm caught somewhere in the rain fair enough its part of the game, but to head out into it bwah not anymore :no:

try riding in snow some time :oi-grr: with a couple of inches on the ground :no:

Oakie
26th April 2006, 12:10
Mrs Oakie and I just got back form the West Coast last night.
Got to ride through floodwaters on the way home. That was a new and interesting experience.

manuboy
26th April 2006, 15:27
I'da been uot if i could. But my wee sickle is having another wee rest after another wee incident awaiting parts to arrive from Ebay and Aus.

On the bright side it's gonna be better than it was b4. OEM parts suck awse.

On the suck side i haven't ridden for almost 3 weeks. I'm starting to itch in places you probably need a special license to itch. And they're places it's hard to scratch - even if you can find somebody thats keen.

On the bright side when i finally get out it's gonna be sweet. I'll appreciate it slightly more than these pricks that call every weekend asking if i'm fixed yet and on the arvo ride. Pricks.

On the negative side there's nobody down here i'd trust with enuff skill or a bike i'd actually not be nuts to pillion on - or in D's case somebody who wouldn't keep throwing the anchors on so i'd go sliding into his scrawny self. Ick.

:eek: :eek: :oi-grr: :eek: :msn-wink:

gav
26th April 2006, 20:20
So, you fixed ya bike yet? Ride this weekend! Those driveways are fricken dangerous, huh?

manuboy
26th April 2006, 21:25
Thats why i farkin luv this forum. The ribbing. The express cruelty. The total absence of love for a fellow biker. Where is the love?

And i dunno what D told ya (actually, that could be where the love is, good clean man love eh Gav?), but not many people coulda made it outta that driveway alive. Hell no. The pavement join musta been an inch wide and half an inch deep. And with the raw power of the SV at idle, well the landslide didn't help eh.

But hey. I'll be back. I have a box of shiny anodised whatsits here, just waiting on my 3-peice gold plated Woodcraft shift lever and i'm scarin the pedestrians again.

p.s screws - clockwise or counterclockwise to undo em? And i notice my new barends (the anodised ones that match my new clutch lever and incidentally my new heels - did i mention that?) came with a thing - looks like a tool (wide open here fullas). Whatsit for?

dangerous
27th April 2006, 06:22
Manu... just ask ya missus, I'm sure seen as she can dress you (not sure about her tast tho) so She should be able to fix the bike up, and for gods sake get her to put the training wheels back on, at least till you can hold it up in the drive... mind you with all that 'blue bling' ariving i reckon the bike will hold its self up and fuk off with out ya like a horse bolting... trying to run away from its self. :blip:

cruxis
27th April 2006, 15:00
Well, I picked up an RF 900 I bought from oamaru on Anzac day, to ride back to chch. It was the worst fn ride Ive had in 14 yrs. Unfamilar bike Raining so bloody Heavy couldnt see well cept to red lights of the car ahead. Water pooling all over the road. Took over 4 hours so went into the night. Had the wife following in car to dry out change gear in every 80kms or so though. Next day I hear Oamaru is isloated and flooded rivers. So lucky I got out in time.

Oh and to the group of bikes who were stopped at the Timaru Shell. Damn you fellas were keen. Hope yall got to where ever ok.

Rashika
27th April 2006, 16:21
Well, I picked up an RF 900 I bought from oamaru on Anzac day, to ride back to chch. It was the worst fn ride Ive had in 14 yrs. Unfamilar bike Raining so bloody Heavy couldnt see well cept to red lights of the car ahead. Water pooling all over the road. Took over 4 hours so went into the night. Had the wife following in car to dry out change gear in every 80kms or so though. Next day I hear Oamaru is isloated and flooded rivers. So lucky I got out in time.

Oh and to the group of bikes who were stopped at the Timaru Shell. Damn you fellas were keen. Hope yall got to where ever ok.
Sounds like you did bloody well matey :rockon:
not something I would want to try

dangerous
27th April 2006, 19:42
Well, I picked up an RF 900
Congrads on the new set a wheels, check out Saturdays ride in the events forum if ya keen for a dryer spin.

NodMan
28th April 2006, 10:37
I was out riding Nelson to Golden Bay back to Nelson and home again, in the pouring rain. I am a legend...

ya tooooo quick for me mate!!!....I sprint up north....didnt find ya...back round Kiakoura out thru Gretas Gully no law lota fun... headed north again and run outa road after Queen Charlotte so gunna hit the ferry and head for taupo for sunday races...bye for now and keep both wheels on the ground (least when laws around!!!)

Lou Girardin
28th April 2006, 14:12
You should have been a week earlier, glorious sunshine, great roads, friendly mainlanders - all great.
It must have been karmic pay-off for me leading a blame free life.. (Gloat)