PDA

View Full Version : Your'e opinion please--Pp or dc

GIXser
25th April 2006, 18:20
time to get some new hoops(again) i hear people rambling on about pilot powers, i ride diablo's at the mo, i find em a bit slippery in the wet,
what do you reckon, especially keen to hear from racers/ experienced riders

thanks in advance

onearmedbandit
25th April 2006, 18:28
Just put a new Pilot Power on the rear the other day, previous owner did a burnout on the old one (mild, but still affected it). The front is also a Power. Having just got back last night from an 1000+km trip, about 70% in the pouring rain I can confirm that the tyres are 'the shit'(tm) in both conditions. Only had a couple of moments, one white-line based and the other from a tar snake. I wasn't exactly fucking around either, but wanted to keep my licence. Most of the time.

Cajun
25th April 2006, 18:32
Also a note if you get a set of PP and your dealer orders thru northen accerious, you get a set of front/rear stands.

Or so i am told, i am not ready for tires, but i am gonna be ordering some anyway.

PP are awsome tires, alot of the people from www.gixxer.com are raving about them.

I gone thru two sets on my 600, was getting 7000kms out of a rear, where i only got 5000kms out of 014's.

We have them also on the hayabusa, got 5000+ out of a rear. While father in law was on the touring around south island, which is pretty good for busas

GIXser
25th April 2006, 18:47
thank you for your feedback chaps" green bling for both" im liking the idea of the free stands

The_Dover
25th April 2006, 19:02
Yup, Pilot Powers all the way.

I had Diablo's on my 2nd gixxer and they were fucking terrifying in the wet, less so in the dry but you could definitely feel them move.

The PP's are great in wet and dry conditions but they give me the shits on the motorway catseyes when I'm lanesplitting in the wet.

Deano
25th April 2006, 19:03
Also a note if you get a set of PP and your dealer orders thru northen accerious, you get a set of front/rear stands.

Fuck that's a deal - I've always wanted front and rear stands again.

I have been running Metz Ractecs K2's after being told they were the shit. The advice I had proved true - best tyre I've ever had, very confidence inspiring, especially when you've over cooked a corner and just have to tip it in.

Got about 4,500kms out of the rear..quite surprising really, was only getting about 3,500 out of Sportecs.

I've just put Sportecs back on for winter due to the tread going right to the edge. Cornering on Pirelli Supercorsa's in the wet (similar tyre to racetec) was not much fun. Diablo Corsas came out standard on the CBR and seemed pretty good in wet and dry.

I have heard nothing but good things about Pilot's though - might have to try some soon, especially if they throw in a couple of stands.

Deano
25th April 2006, 19:04
The PP's are great in wet and dry conditions but they give me the shits on the motorway catseyes when I'm lanesplitting in the wet.

Like running over wet stones at the river.

GIXser
25th April 2006, 19:28
i dont think it matters what tyre ya ride' lane splitting over cats eyes in the wet, gives me the shits at times--

Cajun
25th April 2006, 19:48
i am not confirming stands, go talk to your dealer, but its something i have heard

Any they will be going on wifes 1k sometime in future also

cowpoos
25th April 2006, 20:31
ever other tyre thread on here will tell ya PP's.....so go buy some.....

Sensei
25th April 2006, 20:40
As above all Mags etc rave about them . http://two-wheels.michelin.com/2w/front/index.jsp?codeRubrique=2092004103725&codePage=2092004103725_07092004135921&lang=EN

DMNTD
25th April 2006, 20:45
Pilots mate...got 4500kms out of my rear and ya know I twist it fairly hard at times. :killingme
Totally impressed nad haven't found another that is close to it IMHO....and yes I've tried more than a few!

Fatjim
25th April 2006, 20:56
Only bad comment I've heard about the PP's is they go off after a few hard laps on the track. Wouldn't bother me as I've never done 1 hard lap.

imdying
25th April 2006, 22:12
Pilot Sports factory on the SV, no serious slides in the wet (Takaka hill, 15km/h hairpin, downhill, with pollen an leaves, and a damn stream running into the apex included!!)

kiwifruit
25th April 2006, 22:24
Pilot powers are great tyres that last very well

Two Smoker
26th April 2006, 09:18
PP's... Average on the track, amazing on the road...

aff-man
26th April 2006, 09:27
Fuck that's a deal - I've always wanted front and rear stands again.

I have been running Metz Ractecs K2's after being told they were the shit. The advice I had proved true - best tyre I've ever had, very confidence inspiring, especially when you've over cooked a corner and just have to tip it in.

Got about 4,500kms out of the rear..quite surprising really, was only getting about 3,500 out of Sportecs.

I've just put Sportecs back on for winter due to the tread going right to the edge. Cornering on Pirelli Supercorsa's in the wet (similar tyre to racetec) was not much fun. Diablo Corsas came out standard on the CBR and seemed pretty good in wet and dry.

I have heard nothing but good things about Pilot's though - might have to try some soon, especially if they throw in a couple of stands.

Yip never tried the PP's cause couldn't afford them. But racetechs are awesome and I got more KM out of them than the sportechs. Not running a though so they suit my bike in the wet or dry. Might be a different story if I had a bit more power running through the rear.

Devil
26th April 2006, 09:37
Sportec M3's. Up to 5000km on the rear on mine and it looks as though it'll do another 3000 easy. Thats including a trackday and a small burnout :P
Stickier than the M1 with better mileage. Cant comment on wet performance as I ride like a total nana, but they haven't had any wiggles.

GIXser
26th April 2006, 19:13
thanks all, i ordered the pp's today---
time will tell---

FROSTY
26th April 2006, 19:21
The PPs are fantastic road tyres and If I had the moolah to run to 3 sets of rims I'd definitetly run a set as intermediate tyres -for a damp track.

beyond
26th April 2006, 19:24
Be keen to hear a report from you when you've done your first 1000kms on the PP's. :)

GIXser
27th April 2006, 16:57
no worries will let ya know how i get on eh--

kickingzebra
27th April 2006, 17:06
Was the free stands thing on the money??

Cajun
28th April 2006, 14:11
my contact informed me wrong

Its something about stands when you buy a shark helmet

Northen as no fronts at size of 120 in powers in the country

but are doing good prices on the pilot sports, and pilot roads at moment

Qkkid
28th April 2006, 14:17
Pilots mate...got 4500kms out of my rear and ya know I twist it fairly hard at times. :killingme
Totally impressed nad haven't found another that is close to it IMHO....and yes I've tried more than a few!
really i thought you rode like a girl :nya: any way pilot powers the way to go

DEATH_INC.
28th April 2006, 14:27
Anything will be better than diabolicals, wet or dry. Shit tyres.
I like dunlops, but mileage sux.
Pilot race are good in the wet.
Haven't tried powers yet, maybe next time.....

Cajun
28th April 2006, 14:27
yeah i got some pilot race on at moment, don't seam to bad in the wet.

But rather have some powers on when winter really sets in