PDA

View Full Version : Defensive Riding/Driving Courses

motobull
27th April 2006, 22:10
Hi all , i recently passed my restricted licence :rockon:
So want to move asap onto my full being over 25 I can do it in 3 months if I do an aproved "Defensive Driving" course.
My Question are there any courses that are aimed towards :scooter: rather than cars?
Also who has done what course to qualify for this cut down licence period?

cheers :doobey:

thealmightytaco
27th April 2006, 22:16
Yeah if you read closer it's a Defensive RIDING Course that you have to do, bike specific. Passrite do 'em though they're notorious for just pummeling people through, lack of quality in their training. Otherwise google for local training school, or motorbike club or something running them.

Patrick
27th April 2006, 22:19
We had a cool chick come over to our house and do the course for us there in a couple of hours and most of that was chitchat. Great evening. Easy. She was in the yellow pages and also referred by AA down in these parts...

WildBoarMouse
28th April 2006, 08:11
I did mine about five weeks ago out at Henderson AA. I just rang up the AA driving training and made the booking. Allow for 4x 2.5hr sessions, although they're more like 2hrs in reality. Cost was about $120. Absolute piece of cake. The only downfall is that they're aimed towards cars... If you can live with that then it's worth doing just to jump ahead. :)

Streetwise
28th April 2006, 08:37
I dont believe that there are courses at this stage aimed towards motorcycles only. "If there is please feel free to let me know", The only courses i know of is the Streettalk or defensive driving courses. All about cars.