PDA

View Full Version : Akaroa Pt4 The home run.

Lou Girardin
28th April 2006, 09:53
Sunday morning in Nelson was not that great, grey treatening clouds were hugging the surrounding hills, but the rain held off. The road through the Whangamoas was wet though, and after 2 weeks of dry riding I was in nana mode. From the Rai valley it pissed down, all the way to Picton. Except for good old dry Blenheim, that is. But my gear kept me dry, even my WATERPROOF boots.
At Picton I found out I was on the Kaitaki again, thanks to the Aratere dying again. That piece of crap must have been built by ex-Ducati electrical engineers.
I stayed the night with the Welly Rellies and headed for home Monday morning. A reasonably uneventful ride, dry everywhere except for the Desert Rd (as usual) and through the twisty's north of Mangakino. I had some bikes behind from Mangakino, but lost them in the twisty's.
I've done this stretch of road so often it's becoming a chore now instead of fun, but at least it has corners.
So that was it, the dryest Easter break I've seen for quite a while. 2 weeks and 2000 k's of some of the best roads to be had. Ya gotta love this life.

Cajun
28th April 2006, 10:16
Awsome write ups Lou.

How your seat hang together?

DemonWolf
28th April 2006, 10:25
Great writeups.. enjoyed them all. Cheers dude

Lou Girardin
28th April 2006, 13:54
Awsome write ups Lou.

How your seat hang together?

Overall great, I've spoken to Mac about a couple of minor things.

beyond
28th April 2006, 15:32
Sounds like you have had a real good time. :)

Yes, I've found the Z6's to be a real good tyre overall. Pilot Roads were real good too, excpet for the slight squirm under power when coming out of corners after a bit of hard riding. Got 7,000kms out of the Pilots.

I'm on my second Z6 rear after the first wore out at 4,500kms but the fronts still okay for now.

I like the Metzlers. I think they do real well and they take some hammering.