PDA

View Full Version : Ride to Kopu - Whittiang for lunch

Firefight
3rd May 2004, 12:20
Anyone keen for a ride to Kopu and onto Whittianga for a spot of lunch ? :ride: , Will be leaving Autobahn about 09.15 hours ish, and traveling via Ararimu, Miranda Kopu etc, hope for :sunny: but will go if :cold: wet. :crazy:

Firefight

Two Smoker
3rd May 2004, 13:54
What day would that be for F/F????

Motoracer
3rd May 2004, 13:59
LOL, FF you even forgot to mention the day? :shit:

Andrew
3rd May 2004, 14:21
LOL, FF you even forgot to mention the day? :shit:
When you get to a certain age you tend to forget things like this. I think FF means the ride is tomorrow Tuesday 4th May.

MikeL
3rd May 2004, 14:58
If his post had been before 8:30 he would have meant today. As it is, he's giving everyone plenty of notice for tomorrow. :niceone:

Firefight
3rd May 2004, 15:11
Yes thanks Andrew, you had it right, I was talking about Tuesday :doh: :doh: Just that old age forgetfulness(sp?)..

Thanks for putting everyone right.

Firefight :wacko:

FzerozeroT
3rd May 2004, 15:29
you know what, i might be keen

Firefight
3rd May 2004, 16:54
you know what, i might be keen

Sounds good, tx me in the am if your keen
021 21 35978.

Firefight. :wacko:

Quasievil
3rd May 2004, 17:46
Sounds good, tx me in the am if your keen
021 21 35978.

Firefight. :wacko:

Keen but not able, I will have a car up there though !!!, any breakdowns drop me a line 0274 930165 might be around.

Coldkiwi
3rd May 2004, 17:53
you buggers! my favourite roads too!

I'm not going to say anything about people binning bikes either.

have fun!

Marmoot
3rd May 2004, 18:55
I just wish there is a sensible way to skip the Miranda-Kopu straights......After 3 close calls with the law I just hate that stretch......

P.S.
I have never been :finger: though..... ;)

P.P.S.
Will try to come. I'm naturally keen.

marty
3rd May 2004, 20:45
you could take canal east, then sh2 to ngatea, then straight ahead onto orchard east (where sh2 turns south) onto hauraki rd then up to the bridge. adds about 10 - 15km, and is straight but a lot less cops, and anyway the ngatea hp cop is tired.......

FzerozeroT
3rd May 2004, 21:02
Looks like the weather could go either way, if it is looking ok (dry road) I'll bunk tech for the day (Hell, I'm brainy enuf). Txt you in the AM either way FF.

Firefight
4th May 2004, 20:00
Well the day started off okay, walked the dog in the rain, then it cleared, so I thought this is good, off to meet the boys at the Autobahn.

half way down the old GSR, just past the truck co yard I meet Mr :Police: HP, sure as shit I look in the mirrors on go the blue & reds, so I think oh well
I deserve this ticket, so I pull over and await my fate. :o anyway cut a long story short got off with a warning, amazing :2thumbsup By the time he had done the QVR & QP, I was way late getting to the AB.

Meet with Marmoot and FzerozeroT, we decided to go to Awhitu, nice ride out to Jacks place (Waiuku)winds blowing a bit by now, rip out the penisula, wind now blowing southerly off shore about 50knts, (I guess just a normal day in Wellytown ?) Managed to missplace FzzT, had a bit of a ride round, found out that the bird farm tea rooms closed weekdays, so dicided to head back to Waiuku, tracked down our missplaced mate, back to Waiuku, Marmoot headed off, we had a bit of lunch, then decided to nip out to Port Waikato, wind still blowing like shit, but had a good fast ride there and back,
Stopped at Tukaku bridge, my mate headed back to hams via the famous 22, me home to Puke to get ready for night shift.

thanks for your company guys, thank you Mr HP for being a good guy. :hug:

Firefight :wacko:

Zed
4th May 2004, 20:54
...half way down the old GSR, just past the truck co yard I meet Mr :Police: HP, sure as shit I look in the mirrors on go the blue & reds, so I think oh well
I deserve this ticket, so I pull over and await my fate. :o anyway cut a long story short got off with a warning, amazing :2thumbsup
So FF, what exactly did he pull you over for?...& what the dickens waz he doing down old GSR- do they lurk down there? :mad:

Zed

Firefight
4th May 2004, 20:59
[QUOTE=Zed][b][color=navy]So FF, what exactly did he pull you over for?...& what the dickens waz he doing down old GSR- do they lurk down there? :mad:

Speeding, we have seen them a few times on this road, but mostly in the weekends, last ride we did to Rags, a group of us meet one coming down from Bombay I think we may have been doing 165, he gave us the slow down wave, but did not stop us, so there not all bad !

Firefight.

FzerozeroT
5th May 2004, 11:49
Thanks for the tour FF, even that bit where I got to go on my own little journey <_< . I suppose it was a good chance for you and Marmoot to practice your low speed riding while I was doing 11,500 in 6th trying to keep up :Oops: which means that we were doing 100kph, honest constable.

For those that were thinking of going but didn't cause of the rain, the wind dried the road out real quick so by 11 it was bone dry. Also good to learn about the group dynamics in a small group first. FF do you have hazard lights or is it part of your "pass" button?

Good idea for a bigger group ride might be a staggered start where the slowest go first, save all the others from riding nana styles and those of us with slower machines don't mind seeing front wheels off the ground (MM).

Great first group ride and great to meet some other KBers :)

Firefight
5th May 2004, 11:55
[QUOTE=FzerozeroT]

For those that were thinking of going but didn't cause of the rain, the wind dried the road out real quick so by 11 it was bone dry. Also good to learn about the group dynamics in a small group first. FF do you have hazard lights or is it part of your "pass" button?

Hazard light is standard on 04 R6, we use it to warn others of shit, rather than the raised hand method.

F/F :crazy:

Marmoot
5th May 2004, 11:55
So FF, what exactly did he pull you over for?...& what the dickens waz he doing down old GSR- do they lurk down there? :mad:

Zed

Eh? Zed, I've seen them about 8 out of 10 times I rode that road.
:eek5:

Marmoot
5th May 2004, 11:57
FzzT: thank's for taking the bike picture from the "pretty" side :D
Take it from the right side and I'll grab that camera of ya :D :D

FzerozeroT
5th May 2004, 12:02
same reason mine is hidden at the back :D