PDA

View Full Version : New Yamaha MT-01

The Preacher
29th April 2006, 15:05
Has anyone taken the new Yamaha MT-01 1700cc V twin for a spin yet and if so what did they think.
Some of the reviews compair it to a sports bike but it's far from one. Built for cruising around the 2000-3500 rev range with loads of low down torque.
The exhaust sound blows me away, but at $26 grand :gob:

Hitcher
29th April 2006, 16:18
Some of the reviews compair it to a sports bike
Some other reviews compare it to a sports bike.

It has been reviewed here before. Try the magnificent Search facility.

slimjim
29th April 2006, 17:34

:yes: no but i could nicely own one:yes: :yes: :yes:

keza
29th April 2006, 18:05
exceptional bike nice to ride bucket loads of torque have 2 here with300kms fron new $22500

The Preacher
29th April 2006, 18:07

Have tried that Hitcher (MT-01) & (MT-1) zero results.
Yamaha heaps but nothing on what I want, plenty on the Vmax
Cheers

The Preacher
29th April 2006, 18:09
exceptional bike nice to ride bucket loads of torque have 2 here with300kms fron new $22500

Question: why selling with only 300km on clock ????????

James Deuce
29th April 2006, 18:48
Have tried that Hitcher (MT-01) & (MT-1) zero results.
Yamaha heaps but nothing on what I want, plenty on the Vmax
Cheers

You're kidding, right?

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=26453

It felt like a cruiser with a rational seating position and decent suspension to me, and not just because of the engine. It's a bit weighty to treat it like a sportsbike.

The Preacher
29th April 2006, 20:48
You're kidding, right?

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=26453

It felt like a cruiser with a rational seating position and decent suspension to me, and not just because of the engine. It's a bit weighty to treat it like a sportsbike.

Thanks Jim

beyond
29th April 2006, 23:35
Hit this link, then the Yamaha logo and you will find some reviews of the MT-01.

http://mysite.mweb.co.za/residents/clasqm/

They reckon it's a beauty, but top speed around 220kmh, fuel tank should be bigger. Rear shock begins to fade cos the exhausts gets the oil a bit hot but has to be pushed hard to get to that point. More torque is actually better on the open road. Less chance of wheelspin out of corners and makes the bike hunker down and power out of corners better.

beyond
29th April 2006, 23:43
Oh, under the above link you will find quite a few reviews under the year 2005 as well as the 2 reviews under 2006.

The Preacher
30th April 2006, 21:17
Oh, under the above link you will find quite a few reviews under the year 2005 as well as the 2 reviews under 2006.

Thanks Beyond, been interesting reading

macmotortrimmer
6th May 2006, 14:44
i had a new one for a day plenty of torque but felt it not as quick as i thought it should be maybe i didnt cane it hard enough being a new demo bike with no klm on it i would pull away in any gear without changing handled well a bit heavy and high evpected more from it .liked the look , i since bought my daughters busa best bike ive owned power handling weight and performance after a few more mods