PDA

View Full Version : Demerit point letters... with additional speed kills letter?

sunhuntin
29th April 2006, 16:31
a close friend recently got a letter in the mail telling him how many demerits he has [55 now, but most due to be wiped leaving him with 20 from a ticket back in feb]

he didnt mind about getting the letter, but what he did mind was the fact that included was a photo of a woman with a little girl, and a letter apparently from the mother saying her daughter was killed by speeding. are these standard now days? from what i could gather, the letter did not state the conditions surrounding the kids death, ie, weather, following too close, the kid could have run onto the road etc.
kevin was going over the limit, but was getting ready for a 70k zone [down porirua way, from a 50k to 70k] that letter from the mother really got him riled up and that never happens.

just wondering if these are standard issue these days?

many thanks!

cowboyz
29th April 2006, 16:51
i didnt get anything like that included in my letter. I got myself 80 points and they just sent a note saying that one more ticket and they will take my licence for 3 months.

bobsmith
29th April 2006, 18:21
Standard these days, (well I got one anyway) the fucking letter is probably made up anyway. The only thing he should be getting riled up is the fact that the idiots are wasting money making up these stupid letters, which most people don't care about or just gets people annoyed.

sunhuntin
29th April 2006, 18:42
yeh, he was also annoyed about the wastage of paper, but mainly for the silent accusation that he could kill someone, simply getting ready for a higher speed zone.

thanks for the replies guys...will let him know the outcome.

:yes:

Lou Girardin
1st May 2006, 08:39
Tell him to write back and say he didn't kill her, he was speeding someplace else.

madboy
1st May 2006, 12:19
I must go get some demerit points so I can have a looksee myself. It feels kinda weird not having any demerit points. People could get the wrong idea about me.

Since when has advertising, or news reporting for that matter, ever posted the "full" story. I bet the driver didn't hit 11k over the limit and the kid suddenly died. But where's the impact in posting a picture of a kiddie followed by five pages in small print explaining the "full" story?

crashe
1st May 2006, 13:22
Sunhuntin - Can you copy the page in question up onto this thread?
So then we can all see what it is about. Cheers.

WINJA
1st May 2006, 18:57
he should write back and say some bullshit like 2 of his friends have died while waiting on a hospital waiting list , far more people die from preventable medical stuff in this country than all the speeders and drunks put together, speeding is all a bunch of shit

sunhuntin
1st May 2006, 19:02
id love to copy it, but he tore it up and burnt it right after he realised what it was.
lou, thats a darn good idea!! will pass that on to him. WINJA....THATS ALSO A GOOD IDEA.
madboy....thats exactly his point.....all it seemed to say was speed is what killed the kid....not the surrounding factors. very tempting to write and ask for all the reports, both police files and news reports for this incident and see what really caused it.....speed cant be the sole reason here.

kevie
2nd May 2006, 10:49
but they dont make any money from people sitting on waiting lists ..... like
:Police:"sorry sir ... you were 'progressing too fast' on the hospital waiting list so were going to have to take your licence off you" or
:Police: "you are stationary on a 'NO PARKING' waiting list that will be $40 fine thanks"

:doctor: (now theres an idea to get more health funding LOL

And yeh I agree ...the government isnt all about looking after people ... its all about money. ........ :puke: go Aunty Helen :not:

:rofl:

SPman
2nd May 2006, 17:58
Yeh - Ive had 2 of the fuckin things - made me feel real pissed of as well - fuckin preaching prats!

Felicks
3rd May 2006, 21:18
For what it's worth, Police have undergone mandatory training during the last 2 years or so because of all the prangs they were getting involved in during pursuits and urgent duty driving. (Every one's seen the slatering on TV news and doco's over the last few years).

Separate but related training involved not brochures but watching videos of people directly affected by injury/fatal crashes involving Police vehicles. So even the guys who dish out the tickets, get hand fed as well. (And some sure as hell, deserve it.)

slopster
31st May 2006, 12:47
Send a letter back saying I'm sorry but I didn't kill that girl. And ask them to address the letter to the individual that did.

sunhuntin
31st May 2006, 12:50
good idea slopster!

poorbastard
31st May 2006, 13:56
Yea Ive had two of them. I just guessed it was the norm and threw them out before reading it. Only wanted to know when my demerits were going to go away.

lti
24th June 2006, 20:24
ive never been sent a letter telling me how many demerits i have and im beginning to get worried that one day ill get another ticket and find out my lisence is gone. Do those letters get sent out automatically, or do you have to ask for them?

The Pastor
25th June 2006, 14:43
Theres a phone number you can ring to check though.

The Pastor
25th June 2006, 14:46
wasting money making up these stupid letters, which most people don't care about or just gets people annoyed.

What else do you think your tickets go towards (save the end of year bbq + pissup and friday moring teas)?

RabidTraNZiT
26th July 2006, 12:25
Yep, they're standard issue now. Dirty do-gooders have hi-jacked the country. I find this letter incredibly offensive too. It offended me even more the second time round.
Personally I would prefer them to send me a letter to inform me whenever some of my points expire, so I can go get me some more :) without having a nasty mis-calculation.

RabidTraNZiT
26th July 2006, 12:32
ive never been sent a letter telling me how many demerits i have and im beginning to get worried that one day ill get another ticket and find out my lisence is gone. Do those letters get sent out automatically, or do you have to ask for them?
Iti: a few years ago a mate of mine got a 35 pointer one weekend then 2 more the following weekend. He got off the disqualification thing 'cos there was no warning letter sent between number 2 and 3 (not surprising, as they were 10 minutes apart - the oinkers were hunting in packs). I suspect, however, that this particular loophole no longer exists, and I wouldn't recommend relying on it to "get you home"...

craigs288
8th August 2006, 07:35
I got one of those recently. A lady holding a picture of a girl killed by a speeding car, not a speeding motorbike.
Our entire government system is set up in such a way that it wastes an extraordinary amount of taxpayers money, on crap.
This is just another tiny drop in a huge ocean of waste.
Thanks government. Love your work, keep it up.

sels1
8th August 2006, 07:54
ive never been sent a letter telling me how many demerits i have and im beginning to get worried that one day ill get another ticket and find out my lisence is gone.

Same here. Its a cunning plan to worry us in to driving like nana!

BTW, welcome to the site Iti