PDA

View Full Version : Another ride today

kro
29th April 2006, 21:17
Went for a cane, took some pics, life is good.

First pic is one of two guys we met in the forest, you know those ones you come across from time to time, who ride on the very edge all the time, and come past you on a slippery slidy clay track, on their big bore KTM.... on one wheel. This guys mate rode an RMZ450, and the two of them were racing that whole fencline track you see in the picture, at speeds I will never see.

Second Pic is self explanatory, the only time I dropped the bike all day, gets caught on camera by my brother (wanker). I was just doing donuts, and it was a low speed drop, no damage.

Third pic is a more successful attempt.

Fourth and Fifth pic is a cager that fucked me off, whom I duelled on the KLX for 20 mins, and eventually smoked his ass. Bikes always come out on top, everyone here knows that.

Sixth Pic is the guy on the RMZ, he was slightly more insane than the guy on the KTM. I was riding along a main logging road when the two of them came past me, at a rapid rate, then both of them split off to opposite sides of the road, and took side tracks off the main road, the track that the KTM took was shorter, and he re-emrged onto the road in front of me, and was looking for his mate on the RMZ, I pointed to the other side of the road, and he gave me the thumbs up, pulled his front wheel to 10 oclock instantly, and powered off to meet the RMZ as it also emerged back onto the main rod.

I had pretty much ejaculated by the point. Man those 400+cc bikes sound soooooooo damn horny.

Warr
29th April 2006, 21:42
Good report there mate.
Why is it always so muddy. The road is never quite like that!!

crazyxr250rider
30th April 2006, 15:23
Man you guys are lucky haveing all that space to ride.....

kro
30th April 2006, 16:24
Nelson, and Nelson Bays, and all over toward Blenheim is basically one big bike track dude, it's magic. I can be in one two major forests within 17 minutes travel from my driveway.

crazyxr250rider
1st May 2006, 21:08
I wish I had that.....

kro
2nd May 2006, 21:23
Im going out again on saturday, I'll take more pics, hopefully some more interesting ones. If anyone else has pics of their offroad excursions, I would love to see them. If you have an 04, or 05 YZF450, don't post any pics at all, I will short circuit my keyboard with drool.

The first of these two pics is our trip over the Maungatapu track, we took a small detour, and ended up right on the river side, it was so quiet and peaceful. We had a wee swim in the river, and carried on.
The second pic is my brothers second bike, the mighty 1984 KX250, which he is selling I believe. It scares me, so I don't ride it.

crazyxr250rider
3rd May 2006, 17:19
Wish i had a digital camera or some one who I ride with had one

Wellyman
3rd May 2006, 17:45
Cool ride report man. you need to come up and ride Thundercross Valley to see real shit and mud, thats just puddles compared to Thundercross Valley in the winter.
WM

kro
21st May 2006, 15:51
Thought I'd just dredge this thread up, rather than making a new one, and keep all the pics togther on one thread.

Went out for 4 hours today, and took these snaps.

First pic is of a nice wee downhill we like to ride, the second pic is the same place, but from the other side. There is a wrecked car at the bottom on the left. Third pic is me being mean to the old DR, and making it leave the ground a little bit.