PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Petrol Tank

Two Smoker
3rd May 2004, 22:46
Hey everyone,

I need to clean one of my petrol tanks for the RG, what is the best way to do it and what should i use to clean it????

Cheers everyone :niceone:

Motu
4th May 2004, 08:02
I presume you mean cleaning the inside,if not you are a sad case.Next - why do you want to clean it?

Ok,standard way is some stones,nut and bolts or ball bearings with a bit of water,shake it around big time and then tip it all out - this knocks off all the rust and stuff.Do you want to do a liner kit next? get a Por 15 tank liner kit,they are the best.Dry with a heat gun or use your hair dryer

FROSTY
4th May 2004, 08:40
mY suggestion is the same as motu except -remove the fuel tap and tape up the hole first. I prefer to use fish tank stones-because theyre a hard round stone they do not dent the tank and if a couple wont come out they won't cause any hassles. literally pour em in with about 1.5 litres of water and shake the heck outa the tank.
Once ive washed out the the stones and emptied out the water I usuallly drop about 1/2 a litre of meths into the tank.and wash it around in there.
The meths will absorb any drops of water still in the tank -tip the meths out and fill the tank back up with gas--the meths/ water will run through the system and just burn up.

Two Smoker
4th May 2004, 21:01
Cheers guys,

yeah there is a whole heap of shit in the bottom of the tank, will try those tips out (when i get some free time)

Once again thanks :niceone: