PDA

View Full Version : VTR1000 mufflers

Dooly
30th April 2006, 12:54
Gidday, just deciding whether to buy Neptune or Scorpion mufflers for the VTR.
But got thinking about the stock mufflers.
I've seen a few people say that they got the baffles removed from the stock ones and it has the same effect and sound as the above mentioned mufflers.
Is this true, and how do you go about removing the baffles without wrecking the mufflers?

imdying
30th April 2006, 15:46
It's not a difficult job, but consider what you're going to do come warrant time if you get failed. Having aftermarket pipes will at least let you swap back.

Fatjim
30th April 2006, 20:02
And here's a link.
http://www.burniemorgan.com/motorcycles/11nov00ride.html#bafflectomy

Anyone in Welly want to comment on how loud my bike is with scorpians? (I know I usually ride at the back)

Fatjim
30th April 2006, 20:03
Actually mstrs and yungatart have heard my bike as well. There up your neck of the woods.

Dooly
30th April 2006, 20:48
Interesting and easy removal by the look of it.

Hmm..

Cajun
30th April 2006, 21:44
I took the baffles out of my VTR and it sounded way better than stock. Still not throaty enough for my liking tho... If I was to own another VTR, then I'd definitely go after market. Also, I never had any issues getting a WOF.
If you're interested in removing the baffles, PM me cause I got instructions floating round somewhere.

Dooly
30th April 2006, 21:46
Yeah I probably will go aftermarket, will get a price this week on some, just thought about it as an option.

oldguy
30th April 2006, 22:14
If you go with aftermarket, try yoshimura RS3 great sound and performer :first:

Marknz
1st May 2006, 08:24
or try a pair of Arrow carbon fibre jobbies... good performace and sound :yes:

Quasievil
1st May 2006, 08:42
Hi Dude have a look at my website if you want, (as below link) I can do you some REMUS pipes at a good price, click on REMUS on my web page it will take you to the catalouge, let me know if your interested .
Cheers