PDA

View Full Version : Bears Winter Series R1

Kickaha
30th April 2006, 20:19
Bears Winter Series Rd 1

I’d been giving some nameless Moto Guzzi rider a fair bit of grief because he reckoned he wouldn’t be riding if it was wet, obviously he doesn’t realise not all motorcycle electrics fail in the rain it’s only the Italian ones :lol:

Any way, scrutineering was all good except for the nameless Moto Guzzi rider who didn’t have his bikes up to the required standard:nya:

TonyB turns up and hasn’t got his rear tyre seated on the rim properly, after a bit of lubricant and new member B31 wacking the snot out of it with a big hammer the problem was sorted

We also admire the kiddie blocks on the brake lever of Diesel Pigs borrowed RD400, as without them it seems he can’t reach the pedals

At riders briefing we’re told that due to a lack of flag marshals we’re running the outer circuit which gives more of a advantage to the faster bikes

Practice Buckets

I go out behind Glen and chase him around for a bit, slowly getting dropped off back, but the bike feels fine and I’m getting a bit more consistent with my lines, although I have a bit of a moment into turn one when I slide the front after getting on to the dirty part of the track

Practice Pre82
Dangerous goes out on his MT/MB and due to gross mechanical incompetence the flywheel falls off the end of the crank, in the meantime I’m chasing Diesel Pig around after he passes me and find to my amazement I can stay with him, he later admits to a moment of depression when he check behind him exiting the dipper and I’m just about alongside him

There’s a bit of excitement when a K100 BMW goes down in practice over at the hairpin and promptly catches fire as the fuel cap comes open and dumps gas everywhere:gob:

Race 1 Buckets

As the premier class we are always first up, I get up to the dummy grid fast and get a front row spot, as the flag drops I catch a glimpse of Glen beside me trying to loop his bike off the start, I hit turn 1 in 5th spot I’m hanging off the back of the fast group , I’m trying to get close enough to Diesel Pig to put him under pressure while I’ve got Spudracer giving me a hurry up as well,and then Mike Parker comes past me , I get right behind Diesel Pig as he passes Glen, then Glens bike dies in the dipper as Diesel Pig goes past him and I just about run into the back of him and that cost me a few bike lengths that I cant make back up and head home in 5th

Race 1 Pre82
I’m having problems with a dragging clutch and get a pretty average start but end up 5th after turn 1, I catch up and get a good run to pass Lew on the Ducati down the straight into turn 1 and slot into 4th, Diesel Pig is going hard out after Russel on the Z1 and getting pushy but Russel use the Z1 power to keep him at bay until Diesel Pig pulls off a pass around the outside of the hairpin and gets enough space before they hit the straight to keep him at bay, another LC gets past me and while I can stick with him through the corners and under brakes he’s a got more straight line speed and I slowly drop back to finish 5th

Race 2 Buckets

I really need to work on my starts as they are absolute crap but I slot into 5th with Diesel Pig just in front of me, I’m riding a bit harder than race 1 but so is everyone else I pass Diesel Pig down the straight and he comes back at me through the dipper where he is especially good, we trade places a bit then Mike Parker on his GP/RG100 takes both us, the white flag is out and Diesel Pig gets in front for the last lap but I get on the gas earlier and harder as he leads me onto the straight and beat him to the line for another 5th

Race 2 Pre82

The crappiest start for the day with even Stanko and Nipper beating me off the line I head off about 8th but get two places back into turn one, I’m watching Diesel Pig and Darryl Cotton battling it out in front of me and I pick up another place when I get a good run from the fast kink down to the hairpin and pass Lew under brakes I’m onto the back of Steve Rae on the RD400 when the other LC passes me and then Steve, Diesel Pig has got past Darryl Cotton but Russel has got the break he needed to get home in first, I’m chasing Steve hard he’s got a little bit more down the straight but I close him down in the corners last corner and I’m going around the outside of him and head down arse up and when he misses a gear I think “I’ve got him” but this proves to be overly optimistic and he beats me over the line by a bike length

Race 3 Buckets

No points for this one it’s just for fun so I swap bikes with Stanko, I get a better start than when I ride my own bike and slot into my usual place, I chase down catch and pass Spudracer who suffers from a bit of a power to weight deficit:blip: and then have a lonely race for the next few laps

Race 3 All in BEARs, Pre82

Up to the front of the line and I don’t totally blow the start and hang in right behind Diesel Pig, I’m in 4th with a Ducati all over the back of me he gets past and I’m still right behind Diesel Pig, I’ve got to the point where I’m following Diesel Pig on the straight pulling out and passing him, he’s getting me back through the dipper and leading me onto the straight, as I pull out to pass him yet again I reach across and slap him on the arse:kick: , we trade places for the next few laps, I nail him down the straight he gets me back at the dipper but I blow it when I let the little fucker (kiddie blocks and all) have to big a gap onto the straight and can’t pass him before the line, but a bloody good race all the same

After the racing we also hold a AGM and railroad some Moto Guzzi riding wannabe into the Bucket Club Presidency

Viva EL Presidente

dangerous
1st May 2006, 06:40
I’d been giving some nameless Moto Guzzi rider a fair bit of grief because he reckoned he wouldn’t be riding if it was wet, obviously he doesn’t realise not all motorcycle electrics fail in the rain it’s only the Italian ones :lol:

AND here we go again :wait: The nameless MG rider realises that electrics don't nessarily fail in the wet... but MG riders often do :nya:

Any way, scrutineering was all good except for the nameless Moto Guzzi rider who didn’t have his bikes up to the required standard:nya:
HUH I reckon I keep my bikes in good nick and up to scratch... the old fart was just picking on the MG rider (as they do)

1st bike was hassled due to what he thought was a crack in the clipon..... but no it was just some of my $2.99 spray can paint falling off, and he bitched about the old stickers on the bike.
Funny thing was TonyB's bike (a rather shabby bucket) was passed and his handle bars fell of mid race... that wasn't picked up on.

Bike #2 was hassled due to the rear rim not having the holes blocked up where on a trail bike there is a bolt thing that stops the tyre from rotating... it is well covered inside the rim... and all this after I put a new slick on the rear cos it was failed due to a few cracks in the side wall (you guys that use them know that they all crack)

After the racing we also hold a AGM and railroad some Moto Guzzi riding wannabe into the Bucket Club Presidency

Viva EL Presidente

Yeah well... wasn't like I had any say in it now aye :yes:
Seemed like I was set up... SO listen up, 1st thing on the agenda is a working Bee on the presidente's buckets. I give up with the MT so its up to you lot to sort or I put it out in the gutter this Friday for rubbish collection... as for the CB, well awesome bike I like it but with full on xGP bikes running 125 CR pistons and the FXR's there no way in hell a 26yr old bike can even consider keeping up, so you lot will make it go faster or I quit... fucking dumbarse buckets :first:

At the AGM it was mentioned about "the battle of the buckets" and also a national bucket meet in the south... so any N/Ier's reading, stand by for info.
Also mentioned was the FXR's, I dont agree with them in the feild... but having said that theres no way I want to put restrictions on them, IMO its up to the riders to do what they want with their bikes and thats just tough shit for the rest of us.

My day at the track
Well hassled with scrutineering as we already know.

Practice, Cb was running like poos but soon sorted, MT was in pre82 and I learnt the importance of locktight.

Racing, MT was kicked out of pre 82 (1977 home built rep of a MT gp bike re powered with a 1980 MB100 well worked) which didn't matter any way as I went in the 2nd bucket race with it and as usual it shit its dacks (after carb rebuild and full electrics replaced, new piston... so I give up with the f n POS
The CB125T went out in bucket race 1 and did ok mid field as usual, was sent off the track and over the ripple strip when DC blew past like a fucking jet air plane and took me out on the inside (IMHO its no longer a bucket) but the old CB handled the wee side adventure rather well and it found its way back on line with out losing a place.
Last bucket race and it was an all in swap bike type fun thing... and the slow old CB ran mid field again.

I am honestly feeling disappointed with racing these days as I am going back wards, the CB is slow and the MT has never ran a full race, so WTF do I do? I have no time left for the MT and the CB will take a lot of money to make faster, and that will put it in the unreliable bracket.

stanko
1st May 2006, 06:49
Since coming to power the new President has decreed FXR shall now from this day forth will be banned from CHch meetings and only Honda powered bikes will be eligible! A Dangerous precident mabye.

A bit of a gloomy ride into town in the morning pissing down I hope it gets a bit better than this, by the time racing got going it was well and truly dried out . A great turn out from KBers and others with good sized fields in all the important classes (buckets and pre 82)

Kickaha has covered all the dirt and high drama.

Swapped bikes with Kickaha in the last bucket race, was a bit of an eye opener , he still pissed off into the distance , so it not my bike that is slow. Still its the much improved model than last years.

Something went bad on my LC, will check it out this week dont hold out too much hope , but I might get lucky

k14
1st May 2006, 07:31
I am honestly feeling disappointed with racing these days as I am going back wards, the CB is slow and the MT has never ran a full race, so WTF do I do? I have no time left for the MT and the CB will take a lot of money to make faster, and that will put it in the unreliable bracket.
:rofl: to go backwards I would have thought you would have had to gone forwards at some point in time :nya:

Rashika
1st May 2006, 07:57
and some piccies...

Pic 1 : the boys lined up and waiting (TonyB, Stanko and Dangerous)
Pic 2: And they're OFF!
Pic 3: The boys going into the dipper, firstly Tony B (errr who was actually at the rear, but we wont go there eh TB?)
Pic 4: Kickaha
Pic 5: Spudracer
Pic 6: Dangerous

Rashika
1st May 2006, 08:05
more...
Pic 1: ...and Stanko (I didn't forget you!)
Pic 2 & 3: the 2 triumphs from Street and Sports MC chch, looking good guys!
Pic 4: ooooooooaaaaaaa yummmmmy Superduke
Pic 5: a French mc, Voxan... I think?
Pic 6: Ducati

Rashika
1st May 2006, 08:14
and yet MORE!

2 Buells now racing, nice to see 2 out there, has a chat to the owner as i was about to leave on my baby.
Pic 1: Buell White lightning
Pic 2: and the 2nd one
Pic 3: and in the Pre 82, Diesel Pig...
Pic 4: ...Kickaha...
Pic 5: and spud racer.
Pic 6: and someone tell me what this is? Sounded hot

Rashika
1st May 2006, 08:21
and more..

Pic 1: An Ariel, the owner is getting prepped for racing...he hopes ;)
Pic 2: What NOT to do with your bike whilst racing... binn it, lose some fuel and toss a match, shame
Pic 3: KB pits
Pic 4: a very tidy triumph
Pic 5: A yummy Ducati... err my neighbours actually, get a wee bitsy jealous when I hear him head out, makes me run to the garage and get mine out :scooter:

and thats all folks!

manuboy
1st May 2006, 08:44
Pic 6: and someone tell me what this is? Sounded hot

It was a suzuki TR500 two stroke twin.

TonyB
1st May 2006, 13:26
Pic 3: The boys going into the dipper, firstly Tony B (errr who was actually at the rear, but we wont go there eh TB?)
Ummm, don't see why not. Basicly I suck! LOL How is it that last year I could run with D and K14 on an evil handling bike, and this year on the same bike with much improved handling I'm actually slower?? I guess that fall at Levels is still in the back of my mind when I'm riding.

I'm buggered if I'm doing anything more to the bike, Nipper proved there's no point by out cornering me on his GP 125 which must have the same evil handling as my one had last year. So its down to me, I've gotta sort my shit out. Managed to sort one fault in my riding, I'm no longer puttting all my weight on the outside peg.... but now I'm putting too much weight on the bars. They actually started slipping in the last race :angry: My current theory is that I've gotta get ALL the way off, so my outside leg is against the bike and my arm is resting on the tank- easy to do on the FZR but not so easy to do on a commuter bike eh!

Flyingpony
1st May 2006, 17:25
Will the bucket and pre82 racing series still be occuring after Queens birthday weekend?

dangerous
1st May 2006, 17:42
Will the bucket and pre82 racing series still be occuring after Queens birthday weekend?
Round 2: B track 25th June
Round 3: B track 23rd July (unconfirmed)
Round 4: B track 13th Aug (unconfirmed)
Round 5: B track 24th Sept (unconfirmed)
Round 6: Tri oval 8th Oct (unconfirmed)
X mas meet: ????????????

Dangerous goes out on his MT/MB and due to gross mechanical incompetence the flywheel falls off the end of the crank
Just like to say a big thanks to Deisel Pig Senior and JB for sorting the Mt out and having it running for me again while I sorted out the CB :first:

Kickaha
1st May 2006, 18:10
as for the CB, well awesome bike I like it but with full on xGP bikes running 125 CR pistons and the FXR's there no way in hell a 26yr old bike can even consider keeping up, :crybaby: you would if you weren't slow as fuck

Also mentioned was the FXR's, I dont agree with them in the feild... but having said that theres no way I want to put restrictions on them, IMO its up to the riders to do what they want with their bikes and thats just tough shit for the rest of us.Thats right it is, they're eligible end of story

so WTF do I do?You learn to ride fast :finger:

Since coming to power the new President has decreed FXR shall now from this day forth will be banned from CHch meetings and only Honda powered bikes will be eligible!
Thats ok I'm buying a CBR150 for when that eventuates :nya:

Round 2: B track 25th June
So thats when you get your arse kicked again :bleh:

k14
1st May 2006, 18:34
Ummm, don't see why not. Basicly I suck! LOL How is it that last year I could run with D and K14 on an evil handling bike, and this year on the same bike with much improved handling I'm actually slower?? I guess that fall at Levels is still in the back of my mind when I'm riding.

I'm buggered if I'm doing anything more to the bike, Nipper proved there's no point by out cornering me on his GP 125 which must have the same evil handling as my one had last year. So its down to me, I've gotta sort my shit out. Managed to sort one fault in my riding, I'm no longer puttting all my weight on the outside peg.... but now I'm putting too much weight on the bars. They actually started slipping in the last race :angry: My current theory is that I've gotta get ALL the way off, so my outside leg is against the bike and my arm is resting on the tank- easy to do on the FZR but not so easy to do on a commuter bike eh!
Gee you're starting to sound like dangerous, are all the riders up there fucking pansy arse whingers.

gav
1st May 2006, 20:35
Just like to say those Triumph 675's rock and sound like nothing else! And bloody fast!!!
Mr President, its a process of elimination, you've eliminated possible elctrical fault. Try out one of those Honda carbs or maybe try another carb manifold to try and get the carb on a better angle. Other possibilty is a blown crank seal?
CR125 pistons? :nono:

dangerous
1st May 2006, 20:40
you would if you weren't slow as fuck

You learn to ride fast
Well... regardless of what you and J think, I believe me to be as good/fast a rider as you. eg: 350LC race... eg: race #3 yesterday, you were on a FXR powered bike, I was on the 26yr old 125... I was gaining on you and at one point our wheels crossed. so keep pouring the shit out... you know I have an answer for every thing :msn-wink: <---- I believe in giving mates smiles n winks not the 'finger' all the time (but then I am a gay fuker)

Thats right it is, they're eligible end of story

yes I know that you keep reminding me... as I said IMHO owners of these bike can do what they like, good on em... I don't feel the need for any restrictions to be put on them... but if a trophy is all they want then I would sooner have some fun with a group of riders out the back somewere, than be out front playing with myself (I can do that at home)

gav
1st May 2006, 20:47
How about introducing 80cc MX bikes into the mix? Maybe air cooled to start with?

Kickaha
1st May 2006, 20:48
y but if a trophy is all they want then I would sooner have some fun with a group of riders out the back somewere, than be out front playing with myself (I can do that at home)

Pull your head out of your arse, if we wanted trophies we'd ride hot two strokes

gav
1st May 2006, 21:00
RE the FXR's, arent they running in the production class? Arent they eligible? Last I saw looked like a two stroke at front of the field. Is Tony Mac really any faster than when he was on his CB? Same for Kick, not sure he's lapping that much faster than his old GN? Glen Hayward looked to be running at the front? Even K14 showed at Levels whats capable of an old shitter. Bit soft the young pup didnt come up for this race meet, must be getting soft....
The only real concern is when someone starts throwing a shedload of money at a FXR, how about slicing one end off a GSXR600, use one cylinder, head, water cooled, fuel injection, be an easy 30hp straight off...anyone? Ivan? :blip: :gob:

TonyB
1st May 2006, 21:30
Gee you're starting to sound like dangerous, are all the riders up there fucking pansy arse whingers.
Yep, looks like it eh.
As for this FXR shit- the Bucket AGM yesterday was a bit of an eye opener for me. Buckets for me are just a bit of fun- the chance to race with others on similar bikes for next to nothing. Some others take it a whole lot more seriously- not that I have a problems with that at all, but it seems that bucket racing means different things to different people. Personally I don't have a problem with FXR's, the admittedly VERY loose rules allow for them, and we can't keep racing bikes from the 70's and 80's indefinitely, and yes I say that despite being able to sell engine parts for said old bikes.

My two cents? This is going to sound like sour grapes, but please believe me when I say its not. I am at the tail end of the feild because of riding ability, nothing else. If people really do take buckets this seriously then the rules need to be tightened up. The rules allow for this, so again I have no problem with the people who are acting entirely within the rules, but how can you expect to have closely contested FAIR racing when 1970's commuter bikes on 18" treaded tyres are up against purpose built specials and actual honest-to-god GP framed bikes on slicks?? In Oz Buckets have very closely monitored rules. Engines and frames have to be homolgamated before being allowed to compete. If people want to take F4 and F5 seriously, then I believe that we need rules that guarantee its CHEAP, regulated and fair.

Ducking for cover now...:chase:

Buddha#81
1st May 2006, 21:44
Last season I had one of the fastest 4 Stroke buckets in CHCH, now running mid pack. So what! Im happy to be out there mixing it up. With a young family Im bloody happy to be racing two bikes and having fun doing so. By getting points each round even a fat barstard like me can get third at championships end. I will buy the man a cold beer (or coke for K) who builds a 4 stoke that can take down the hot 2's. Look how far we have come Diesel Pig on Hot Dog was untouchable 3 season's ago we have all moved along. MNZ has made the rules lets live by them and go racing! If any MNZ Head shed read this please make Nitrous eligable for anything over 20 years old and with 1 cam.

D as El Presendetay make a post classic bucket class (you have two bikes that could win it) and we would eliminate the pooftas on the new gear. Get out the shed and sort the MT instead of whining. That bike has the poteintial to run in the top four, or give me the motor and i'll hot rod my bucket lose some weight (ok shit loads of weight) and kick my little/big brothers arse!

Buy the way this post is going off track. Top days racing the rain stayed away and Kickaha said it all.

gav
1st May 2006, 22:02
25 years ago or so, a few of us keen Nelson guys use to travel over the hill and try and mix it with the Woodbourne/Blenheim boys on their home tracks. Back then they were moaning about the ACU (now MNZ) wanting to interfere and regulate and requiring racers to have ACU licences and race meets requiring permits. Alot of the bikes being raced then were pretty similiar to whats being raced now, hot MB100's and hotter 125-130cc four strokes!
Sure the class needs to move on, and any competition motorsport is going to have guys who push the bounderies with either deep pockets or their own available resources. It was the same back then too!
Sure a FXR150 has raised the stakes but no more than a RS125 chassis has, Also parts are so hard to come by now if you want to build a fast MB100, anyone got a spare six speed gearbox? :innocent:
Its still one of the cheapest forms of motorsport going around and alot of fun. After all some people spend more on a set of tyres than others spend on a complete bike, dont they? :niceone: :devil2: :not:

Buddha#81
1st May 2006, 22:29
Some guy turned up with the hottest looking bucket last season. It was a Suzuki TS it was ment to be one of the fastest buckets 20 odd years ago, he even brought along some fast jockey to pedal the thing. It looked cool but it ran in the lower 1/2 of the pack the dude an't been back, I would like to see anything from 25 years ago turn up again. 25 years ago the only 17" wheels were on the back of trailbikes.:nya: Showing ya age Gav.

Santa bring me a hot FXR in a RS chassis PLEASE PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE, I'll be a good boy.

gav
1st May 2006, 22:44
Some guy turned up with the hottest looking bucket last season. It was a Suzuki TS it was ment to be one of the fastest buckets 20 odd years ago, he even brought along some fast jockey to pedal the thing. It looked cool but it ran in the lower 1/2 of the pack the dude an't been back, I would like to see anything from 25 years ago turn up again. 25 years ago the only 17" wheels were on the back of trailbikes.:nya: Showing ya age Gav.

Santa bring me a hot FXR in a RS chassis PLEASE PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE, I'll be a good boy.
Nah, just started really young.....:yes:
Sorry, didnt mean they were faster, just similiar, as stuff like better wheels, brakes, brakes, carbs, etc have become more readily available, the bikes have become faster.
25 years ago though you could buy 18" slicks :nya:
I can remember the first RG50's finding their way onto the tracks, and water cooling started making an apperance too . You'd like to think that a few extra tricks have been learned over the years too, aye! :yes:

dangerous
2nd May 2006, 06:02
Buy the way this post is going off track.
Not intended... like I said

as I said IMHO owners of these bike can do what they like, good on em... I don't feel the need for any restrictions to be put on them...

So why people may be getting wound up I dont know... please note with my posts, winkie smilies and dumb arse comments like me 'pulling my pud at home' :blip: no offence or bad mouthing meant.

Get out the shed and sort the MT instead of whining.
Sorry... not whining, just a bit disapointed... considering the timeless hours and effort Kickaha, Diesel Pig and DC etc have put into my bikes and still I end up sitting in the middle of the feild watching you guys fight it out, hey I know 'thats racing'

D as El Presendetay make a post classic bucket class and we would eliminate the pooftas on the new gear.
Hey, bloody good idea, that is a good answer to the suituation (did mini spud come up with that sugestion?)
What do the others think?
BTW... LOL I like the 'we' bit :first:

TonyB
2nd May 2006, 06:39
I still believe there has got to be a class where (for instance) a spotty faced 16 year old can buy a race bike for $300, and with no mechanical ability to hot the thing up with, go out on the track and find out how good he or she is. The way things are at the moment he or she would get their arse absolutely KICKED by highly modified bikes that have had what amounts to thousands of dollars in development (in labour and expertise) put into them. If our spotty faced kid doesn't understand that the otherwise ratty looking bikes at the front of the feild are highly tuned, he or she is very likely to go away thinking that they can't ride to save themselves.

NZ has got to have a true entry class where you can have close racing for next to no $$$. If it's not F4 and F5 then what is it?

Kickaha
2nd May 2006, 06:55
RE the FXR's, arent they running in the production class? Arent they eligible? They are eligible if we run treaded tyres, but Chch is the only place they run a proddy class

Last I saw looked like a two stroke at front of the field.
Two strokes have won the champs the last 4 years out of 5

Same for Kick, not sure he's lapping that much faster than his old GN? I'm no faster on the FXR than the GN but the FXR is still stock

In Oz Buckets have very closely monitored rules. Engines and frames have to be homolgamated before being allowed to compete. If people want to take F4 and F5 seriously, then I believe that we need rules that guarantee its CHEAP, regulated and fair.

Ducking for cover now...:chase:

In OZ BUckets are a very expensive class to race in compared to here with our "loose" rules and they have a lot more bitching than we do

give me the motor and i'll hot rod my bucket lose some weight (ok shit loads of weight) and kick my little/big brothers arse!
You'd need to be half the man you are now :lol:

k14
2nd May 2006, 12:22
Even K14 showed at Levels whats capable of an old shitter. Bit soft the young pup didnt come up for this race meet, must be getting soft....

Yeah well just imagine all the extra bitching and moaning that would have stemmed from me showing up and kicking everyones arses. There's enough as it is, sheesh anyone would think its the fucking greenies at a nuclear power convention or something.

Rashika
2nd May 2006, 13:37
Yeah well just imagine all the extra bitching and moaning that would have stemmed from me showing up and kicking everyones arses. There's enough as it is, sheesh anyone would think its the fucking greenies at a nuclear power convention or something.
Jeepers! And I thought you were such a mild mannered and well spoken young man.....after this wee outburst I can see how wrong I was :gob: :shutup: ;)

manuboy
2nd May 2006, 14:19

O/T Nuclear. Green. Country (NZ). Faultline. Danger! :doobey:

Thanks to 30UTD who let me grab a short burst on the Tuono. Wow! I think even more fun than the K4! Luv that handling. Eggcelerates pretty good too. Looks the shiz.

I'm thinkin of lining one up for a bucket. Hope nobody has a problem with that? (other than 30UTD)

Joni
2nd May 2006, 14:24
I'm thinkin of lining one up for a bucket.Perfect choice I reckon :shifty:

k14
2nd May 2006, 17:42
Jeepers! And I thought you were such a mild mannered and well spoken young man.....after this wee outburst I can see how wrong I was :gob: :shutup: ;)
Oops :blip:

I think if dangerous and tony spent as much time trying to be faster riders as they do bitching and moaning about being slow and how fxr's shouldn't be in there yada yada they might improve a bit :gob: . Either that or get some coaching from ivan :motu:

dangerous
2nd May 2006, 18:12
Thanks to 30UTD who let me grab a short burst on the Tuono. Hope nobody has a problem with that? (other than 30UTD)
would you please keep up with the play... Who the hell is this 30UTD you are on about? maybe... just maybe if you put ya doobey down for just a sec, you may find that you are talking about this KBer http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/member.php?u=1297
God help you if you mistake the missus for some one else while you are doing the biz in the sack :doobey: :doobey: :doobey:

diesel pig
2nd May 2006, 18:41
I still believe there has got to be a class where (for instance) a spotty faced 16 year old can buy a race bike for $300, and with no mechanical ability to hot the thing up with, go out on the track and find out how good he or she is. The way things are at the moment he or she would get their arse absolutely KICKED by highly modified bikes that have had what amounts to thousands of dollars in development (in labour and expertise) put into them. If our spotty faced kid doesn't understand that the otherwise ratty looking bikes at the front of the feild are highly tuned, he or she is very likely to go away thinking that they can't ride to save themselves.

NZ has got to have a true entry class where you can have close racing for next to no $$$. If it's not F4 and F5 then what is it?

Right TonyB you are a alright joker But I have to pull you up on this one. When you called me about going bucket racing I told you the Christchurch Club run a PRODUCTION Class and this was the EASIEST and CHEAPEST way to go bucket racing in canterbury and since the bucket you got off Russell Bleach was set up as a production racer this was a way you could of gone. The Production class is something I recommend to anybody looking at going Bucket racing in Canterbury and Tony most(99%) spotting face 16 year olds CAN'T ride for shit, It's the couple of seasons chasing the fast guys that gets them any good. Just ask Nipper

gav
2nd May 2006, 18:50
I'm thinkin of lining one up for a bucket. Hope nobody has a problem with that? (other than 30UTD)
Not at all, in fact you could buy one of these!

TonyB
2nd May 2006, 20:23
True DP, true. The thing is I'm in two minds about it. For one thing it's fun to take an old shitter and make it into a better bike. Its a bit of a challenge. But I also don't see why anyone should have to do it to be able to have other bikes to race against.

When I first started bucket racing I fully intended to leave it standard. But a few guys said it wouldn't be long before I started trying to improve the bike. They were right- at the first couple of rounds I did there was I think one other standard bike. I wanted someone to race with so I didn't have much option but to try and improve it. And really I've done piss all- it's now a 125, it has an expansion chamber on it, it still has the std 100cc 22mm carb (working on that one), it still has the same ancient Yokohama's, and with Stankos help I've braced the frame to cure some of its death wobbles. We were going to do the whole '17's and slicks' thing, but ran out of time and now I can't be arsed. This took time I didn't really have, and money I couldn't really spend. What I am wondering is if the rules were tighter, would I have had to do it at all?

And as for you K14, stop stirring and go back and read my posts again you cheeky little shit. Going to uni clearly didn't help with your reading and comprehension, did it? ;) I have no problem with FXR's, because they allow someone with zero mechanical ability to own a reasonably competitive bucket from the word go. With an FXR, the rider knows they have a decent bike, so the rest is up to them. After having Nipper catch and harrass me on his bog standard GP125 (complete no doubt with evil handling), I know that my bike is more competive than I am making it look. Therefore I'm not going to do anything more to it until I'm riding well (or at least half decent).

dangerous
2nd May 2006, 20:28
And as for you K14,
LMFAO... I think I was the one who was meant to bite Tony :wait:

Buddha#81
2nd May 2006, 21:23
Not at all, in fact you could buy one of these!

Buy one and try to race it you would be left in "no mans land"ya need to read the rule book! It would be a new class in between buckets and streetstock.
Nice looking bike though.

gav
2nd May 2006, 21:58
Buy one and try to race it you would be left in "no mans land"ya need to read the rule book! It would be a new class in between buckets and streetstock.
Nice looking bike though.
Can't you see the restricter in the carb? All it needs to be legal, isnt it?
Wouldnt want to be breaking any rules now.........

Found this on a website too
As an aside, an excellent project was developed by Powroll before Honda started producing the CRF series. Basically, it’s a CR80 bottom end with a CBR600 head cleaved into a single cylinder format, then welded up giving a 150cc 4 valve 4 stroke, with a 6 speed transmission, i.e CBR600 divided by four. If you consider the technical problems, such as oil pump, big and little end lubrication, oil filtering, top end and piston lubrication etc, it is very impressive what you can do in a machine shop with a TIG welder and a skilled person at the wheel.

So youre wondering what it looked like? Like this.....

Buddha#81
2nd May 2006, 22:25
Can't you see the restricter in the carb? All it needs to be legal, isnt it?
Wouldnt want to be breaking any rules now.........

Found this on a website too
As an aside, an excellent project was developed by Powroll before Honda started producing the CRF series. Basically, it’s a CR80 bottom end with a CBR600 head cleaved into a single cylinder format, then welded up giving a 150cc 4 valve 4 stroke, with a 6 speed transmission, i.e CBR600 divided by four. If you consider the technical problems, such as oil pump, big and little end lubrication, oil filtering, top end and piston lubrication etc, it is very impressive what you can do in a machine shop with a TIG welder and a skilled person at the wheel.

So youre wondering what it looked like? Like this.....

Read rule 24-2-1 in your rule book, your flash larry 125 appears to be watercooled. Sorry go shopping again!

gav
2nd May 2006, 22:35
Read rule 24-2-1 in your rule book, your flash larry 125 appears to be watercooled. Sorry go shopping again!
Oh yeah, so it is, hey, bad luck Manu boy!! :nono:

stanko
2nd May 2006, 23:56

Gavs 1983 rule book dosent have that rule !

dangerous
3rd May 2006, 06:11
Gavs 1983 rule book dosent have that rule !
Hahaha... Stanko, you are to polite for this fourm... what you are really saying is
"gav's a old bastard, a has been Bucket racer, through back from the 80's just like his mate AJ" :nya:

Oh yeah, so it is, hey, bad luck Manu boy!! :nono:
hehe, thought you would have knowen beter Gav... but the 50cc virsion in buckets :yes:

k14
3rd May 2006, 09:17
Aswell as having a cr80 bottom end which again is against the rules :scooter:

F5 Dave
3rd May 2006, 11:36
Well I'm not going to read through all this claptrap, but has there been a date for SI BOBs yet? If so do post it up. (would have to force through the develpoment of my F4 bike, or just bring my 50 & hope for the best).

dangerous
3rd May 2006, 16:57
has there been a date for SI BOBs yet? If so do post it up.
well... ummm... apparently, I'm on to it :yes: What does BOB mean again :first:

F5 Dave
3rd May 2006, 17:04
Battle of the Bouquets?:scooter:

I dunno- it’s a SI thing, I’ve been to a couple over the years.

I haven't had to throw my bouquet, oh hold on there was that wet Go kart track, Carrs Rd I think one was held. Definitely threw it up the road there.

Kickaha
3rd May 2006, 18:32
but has there been a date for SI BOBs yet?

No there hasn't, it was only discussed for the first time last weekend

bring your 50 you'd still beat Dangerous and TonyB:nya:

k14
3rd May 2006, 18:38
Yeah well I think even Ivan would beat them :rofl:

gav
3rd May 2006, 18:54
Aswell as having a cr80 bottom end which again is against the rules :scooter:
If you read the whole thread I think I mentioned about grafting say a single GSXR600 cylinder and head onto a FXR150, have it water cooled and run fuel injection. Interesting that Powroll decided to use a two stroke base, guess they couldnt find a MB5 gearbox for their MB100 either, huh? :innocent:

dangerous
3rd May 2006, 18:56
Shut up you two :nya:

F5 Dave... yeah I know what BOB's is, but as the crew down here thought they would stich me up as Presadent of the bucket club then I... na fuk it we down here will get onto it... sounded like it might be taged onto a BEARs meet in the morning on B track Ruapuna... well I think thats what I heard :scooter:

TonyB
4th May 2006, 06:37
Ah-ha-ha! ....... actually.... meh:spudwhat: Fair call

Yeah well I think even Ivan would beat them couldnt say you know why cause i have never read one of ivans threads why not cause i find them very hard to read i mean they go on and on with no punctuation for all i know he might be a shit hot rider who is cleaning up in his area i dont know cause ive never really heard much about him

so there

;)

F5 Dave
4th May 2006, 09:23
....... couldnt say you know why cause i have never read one of ivans threads why not cause i find them very hard to read i mean they go on and on with no punctuation for all i know he might be a shit hot rider who is cleaning up in his area i dont know cause ive never really heard much about him. . .
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: oh my sides!! I wondered why you were writing like that.

Kickaha
4th May 2006, 18:19
couldnt say you know why cause i have never read one of ivans threads why not cause i find them very hard to read i mean they go on and on with no punctuation for all i know he might be a shit hot rider who is cleaning up in his area i dont know cause ive never really heard much about him
;)

Well if you check the points for the National Round at Manfield he beat K14 so he must be doing ok, perhaps K14 should get some riding tips off him :lol:

dangerous
4th May 2006, 18:25
Well if you check the points for the National Round at Manfield he beat K14 so he must be doing ok, perhaps K14 should get some riding tips off him :lol:
:killingme now thats funny considering the shit he spins here :nya:

Tony... classic post man :blip:

Buddha#81
4th May 2006, 19:15
Dangerous you have no time to be on here, you should be performing El Presendentay duty's and organising BOB.

gav
4th May 2006, 19:26
Dangerous you have no time to be on here, you should be performing El Presendentay duty's and organising BOB.
Think hes too busy planning a post classic takeover bid....:innocent:

Rashika
4th May 2006, 19:26
if thats the case, it could be the shortest reign on earth...on-one keeps Dangerous away from the computer...HORROR at even suggesting it :gob:

TonyB
4th May 2006, 19:38
if thats the case, it could be the shortest reign on earth...on-one keeps Dangerous away from the computer...HORROR at even suggesting it :gob:
Hmmm, funny you should say that Rashika. The other day when D rang me, who was it that was winging in the background "... for gods sake will you get off the phone! You've been on there for ages! I can't use the computer....". Hmmmm, who was that? Oh yeeeess, that was YOU wasn't it Rashika?:nya:

dangerous
4th May 2006, 20:11
Hmmm, funny you should say that Rashika. The other day when D rang me
You sure that was me :innocent:

Think hes too busy planning a post classic takeover bid....:innocent:
Ahhhahahaha.... you funny bastard :first:

hey ya know what... I did think about that tonight... but then I forgot what it was I was thinking about :nya:

Na man I did ring the TonyMc but he wasn't home so Ill try and sort something next..... ohhh, month (if I remember)

dangerous
7th May 2006, 03:27
Grizzle guts #1 here, Well in regards to the MT/POS bucket... I as you know have lost interest in it, but Stanko (the two stroke legend) said 'get ya arse out here and lets have one more look at it'
So in protest I loaded the POS up and headed for the sticks. Now with new piston etc and full electrics replacement it meant surely to christ it was the carb, so Stanko looked at is fine collection and muttered ene menie minie mo, and pointed at a sorry looking TZR. Parts of TZR went in all directions and Stanko biffed me a nice looking down draft carbie.
Now I had warned Stanko that I was on my last straw with this thing and as he started the transplant I went out the back yard and tidied up the bonfire, fully expecting that that was where the bike was going to end up.

We decided to use my jetting out of the old carb as a lot of time had been spent on sorting it with the bike going from a 200+ jet down to a 170, and considering the other 2 strokers in a similer state of tune were running 130-140 jets and the side line mechanics saying 'its too rich, its over fuelling its over fueling... go leaner go leaner go leaner'

With a glance over at the nicely piled bonfire thinking all it needs is a two wheeled little lucifer as a starter I ring ding dinged down the 1 k of drive to the sealed rd.

Under explicit direction from stanko to use 1/2 throttle I feed it the fat and within 200 meters the bike was up to its old tricks missing and surging... the cattle and sheep in the padocks were watching and I could see the fucking things sniggering to themselves and chatting between them "we could walk faster than that red shiter".

I headed back to base camp Stanko following me on his bucket, now I was starting to fume again thinking god damn fucking two strokers they are the devils spawn.

With me ranting and raving and looking for the matches Stanko said in his calm deep thinking voice "come on now lets not give up"
So I said "OK but this IS the last chance it gets" give me the smallest bloody jet you have... after a bit of dismantling one of his other bikes he said "don't have one" Well bugger it, I'll teach this bloody bike a lesson, hiff the hugest mother of a irrigation tap sized jet in it you have, so he did in went a 250 and the needle was set back to the half way mast.

With the Stanko bloodhounds (aint it funny what they say about a dogs looks and its owners) lining up along the fence and thinking this is going to be some funny shit the ginga is going to lose it this time as going richer is defying all symptoms I ring ding dinged down the drive again the horses looking rather smug at my stupid looking bike... lined up on the rd next to Stanko again and with the same instructions as before (as he wanted me to use the needle side of the carb 1st I wacked the taps open and dumped the clutch thinking if ya aint going to run right then I'm going to blow the sodding thing up... the bike lit up whellied out from under me leaving me standing there thinking... well ok seems to have more grunt than before, I decided to chase the bitch down the road and mounted it from behind like a cowboy leap froging it onto a horse... pounded on 2nd gear, 3rd, 4th 5th 6th... and held the tart taped out FARRRRRRRRK MEEEEEE felt the sound barrier pass me as I gave the cattle and sheep that were fast becoming blurs the thumbs up at full noise I just kept it pinned and at full noise the power never droped off, I felt like Burt Munro couped over his bike, 5k up the rd it turns to shingle and as I passed the 50yard warning sign I figgered OHHHH CRAP... through the anchors over board and managed to pull up 1m onto the shingle, looked behind me and thought were the hell is Stanko.

Did a U turn as Stanko rocks up saying "so is it any better" gave him the meh average hand wave and fucked off into the distance again leaving Stanko in a clowd a two stroke. With the local live stock running for cover (this bike is bloody loud) I slowed after keeping it pined to blast up the drive, on some what of a high, I laid a 1/2 way decent patch and shot back up the drive. The neighbours nags thinking stuff this and busting into a gallop they took me on opps not the brightest thing to do is spook the horses...
but too late one fucker a bloody large and fast bastard kept hauling arse along the fence line so I backed off, the bloody nag didn't slow and came to the end of its paddock... me thinking ohhhh crap thats their 50k price winning horse thats about to collide with the fence breaking all its legs.
I hope Stanko dosn't like his neighbours, either way I see a court case comming, the bloody thing leaped into the air like a 747 taking off... ohhh crap I didn't want to know were it was going to end up as the next object was a barn and Massy Ferg couldn't see it clearing that.

Anyway back in the work shop I said Thats the last time I ever listen to them so called race mechanics I set up pits with they had me going leaner and leaner till I wasted a piston 2 weeks ago now it was all making sence... the MT wanted MORE FUEL.

Packed up and said "fucking good day Stanko lets have a well deserved beer"... to which he replyed "I don't drink" ahhh crap win some lose some.

So look out FXR buckereers #68 is back with a vengence :blip:

Shit look at the time 3:27, I'll sort my spelling out in the morning ok :whocares:

PS: now too sort out grizzle guts #2... TonyB wee are ya? ohhh sleeping, well I can't all worried about getting this new Kat of mine home today from 200 odd km's south, considering it hasn't been ridden for 5yrs... I hope it holds together.

TonyB
7th May 2006, 07:57
I'm calling the SPCA, poor horse!

Well done D and Stanko! Looks like the MTGP is going to be a force to be reckoned with. MrsB thinks it's bloody funny that you sat down to write this at 3am... clearly she doesn't understand. Though she does say she is looking forwrd to seeing you ride it.

As for grizzle guts number 2, the GP is getting a 24mm carb, but really I just need more riding time. The FZR is getting some nice new STICKY tyres and will be out in the 'Moderns' class at the next CAMS meeting. Moderns???? the bloody thing is 17 years old LOL

diesel pig
7th May 2006, 20:20
Anyway back in the work shop I said Thats the last time I ever listen to them so called race mechanics I set up pits with they had me going leaner and leaner till I wasted a piston 2 weeks ago now it was all making sence... the MT wanted MORE FUEL.

Dangerous each time you post about this shows you havn't a clue.
The DOWN DRAFT carb Stanko put on would have a different flow rate compared
to the SIDE DRAFT carb you were using before so the main jet sizes would have no relation with one and other. The piston failed because one of the locating pins on the piston stop doing it's job and the ring rotated until it snagged on the exhast port ripping the front of the piston off. Please explain how the motor being "lean" would of caused this?
If you want to prove the bike was "lean" with the SIDE DRAFT carb put it back on with the 250 main jet in it and see if go's as good as the DOWN DRAFT carb Einstein!

dangerous
7th May 2006, 20:36
The DOWN DRAFT carb Stanko put on would have a different flow rate compared
to the SIDE DRAFT carb you were using before so the main jet sizes would have no relation with one and other. The piston failed because one of the locating pins on the piston stop doing it's job and the ring rotated until it snagged on the exhast port ripping the front of the piston off. Please explain how the motor being "lean" would of caused this?
If you want to prove the bike was "lean" with the SIDE DRAFT carb put it back on with the 250 main jet in it and see if go's as good as the DOWN DRAFT carb Einstein!
Not true... we did run the 230 in the RG carb and it went sweet, but I decided I liked the fancy TZR jobbie with the extra super power jet in it.
It's simple as with the DD and small jets, the bike died exactly the same as it did with the SD

DP I wasn't having a go at you and Mr B, you know I appreciate the help from you guys, but the bike did run ok for Kick when it was green at Levels... it had a 200+ jet in it then.
The bike was due for a piston remember it didn't cost me anything... CHEERS MOTOeQUIP
DP... dont you worry bout the bucket... just worry bout the next pre82/cams race :banana:

Kickaha
7th May 2006, 21:05

Grumpy little cunt isn't he :finger:

T.W.R
7th May 2006, 21:45
Not true... we did run the 230 in the RG carb and it went sweet, but I decided I liked the fancy TZR jobbie with the extra super power jet in it.
It's simple as with the DD and small jets, the bike died exactly the same as it did with the SD

DP I wasn't having a go at you and Mr B, you know I appreciate the help from you guys, but the bike did run ok for Kick when it was green at Levels... it had a 200+ jet in it then.
The bike was due for a piston remember it didn't cost me anything... CHEERS MOTOeQUIP
DP... dont you worry bout the bucket... just worry bout the next pre82/cams race :banana:

Seem to remember someone sending some PMs early in January about it being too lean :rolleyes: :whistle: :nya:

F5 Dave
8th May 2006, 10:45
Different engines & different carbs will require different jetting. The fact that it is downdraft or not makes absolutely no difference.

The flow rate of the carb will change from model to model & definitely size. Bigger often need to use bigger jets as the suction from the small engine is not as great through a bigger tube. But further -the other passages have an effect. If the two same carb bodies have different air jets (often non-replaceable ones you see in the front of the bellmouth) then the mainjet required will be different. Also those powerjets if working will require a smaller main. But the TZR ones etc often don’t work as well as they do without the airbox fitted. Another trick is that with proddy rules in those days people weren’t allowed to change their jetting so they jammed pilot jets up the tube connecting the powerjet. I run mine (TZR carb on RG50) completely blocked off as it is better for my bike. Darrin's RG putting out the same power with similar carb used WAAY different jets than I did. Don't listen to anyone saying 'ohh my bike uses a ## size so yours is wrong'

Further with transplants you can find that the needle is too fat to allow the main to be effective. The needle can be the restriction.

So my rule is in the beginning of a carb swap I pull the mainjet out & start the bike. It should run but die with anything more than ½ throttle. If not there is a problem. Then install the biggest jet & the same should happen but to a much lesser degree. Work down from there.

As far as the piston getting wrecked being the ring pegs I may disagree, but would have to see it. Often detonation is brought on from lean jetting. This can be manifested in many ways but long tracks always kill lean bikes. If timing is wrong then a hole is likely, but a lean mixture will dramatically increase the piston crown temperature esp at the exhaust. This heat & explosive condition will often crack the piston lands or the top above the piston by the exhaust. Then (quickly) the rings are unsupported & will snag in the exhaust port & the pegs could be mashed out of the way.

If this was purely a piston peg problem then the piston would be clean (not looking grey & eroded) & bits carved out of the barrel by the exhaust port the ring end caught which may snap away the (clean) top of piston.

dangerous
8th May 2006, 20:05
Bloody hell dave, what a wee bundle a knowledge you are.
I'll take a pic of the piston and post it up tomorow night, now from what I can see there is detonation... but only in the area of the exhaust port, the piston is clean. Aint two strokes a funny thing, be interested to get your thoughts.

Buddha#81
9th May 2006, 10:41
Bloody hell dave, what a wee bundle a knowledge you are.
I'll take a pic of the piston and post it up tomorow night, now from what I can see there is detonation... but only in the area of the exhaust port, the piston is clean. Aint two strokes a funny thing, be interested to get your thoughts.

Your intesested what F5 got to say from some pictures, when the top SI 2 stroke tuners have already analised you issues. At this rate you will be treated as a leper. I hope Dave can tune it over the internet. Look out Dave you now have a Ginger Madass best buddy, he will be ringing you at 3 am to get your best biscuit mix and want to talk about the lastest womans day.

dangerous
9th May 2006, 18:31
Your intesested what F5 got to say from some pictures, when the top SI 2 stroke tuners have already analised you issues. At this rate you will be treated as a leper. I hope Dave can tune it over the internet. Look out Dave you now have a Ginger Madass best buddy, he will be ringing you at 3 am to get your best biscuit mix and want to talk about the lastest womans day.
Ohhh settle down ya old poofter... whats crawled up your arse, OHH I know its the fact you will have to change ya sigie line to "that red headed prick D just kicked my sorry arse" :banana:

Now, grumps :Pokey: Yes I am very keen to hear what Dave has to say, he may not be correct in his analisation... but theres no harm in learning now is there.
Since the MT fliped its lid I have learnt heaps,from tuning too making sure the gudgen clip has the open section to the top or bottom, not sides... and its all thanks to the locals down here, so what if I listen to someone else.

I believe that the rings did get courght up in the port, but also believe it was way too lean.

F5 now the SR has something to think about... hehe I showed him aye, heres a couple a pics of the rooted piston.

The pins are well back in the ring grove for some reason and the remaining ring was very loose, piston was clean and the barrel damaged.

Kickaha
9th May 2006, 18:34
Ohhh settle down ya old poofter... whats crawled up your arse,

Yes I am very keen to hear what Dave has to say, he may not be correct in his analisation...

Sounds like you will be the one crawling up someones arse you gay cunt, does F5Dave know what he's in for? :lol:

Buddha#81
9th May 2006, 20:07
Ohhh settle down ya old poofter... whats crawled up your arse, OHH I know its the fact you will have to change ya sigie line to "that red headed prick D just kicked my sorry arse" :banana:

Now, grumps :Pokey: Yes I am very keen to hear what Dave has to say, he may not be correct in his analisation... but theres no harm in learning now is there.
Since the MT fliped its lid I have learnt heaps,from tuning too making sure the gudgen clip has the open section to the top or bottom, not sides... and its all thanks to the locals down here, so what if I listen to someone else.

I believe that the rings did get courght up in the port, but also believe it was way too lean.

F5 now the SR has something to think about... hehe I showed him aye, heres a couple a pics of the rooted piston.

The pins are well back in the ring grove for some reason and the remaining ring was very loose, piston was clean and the barrel damaged.

Light wet and dry and it will do another turn. Anything else you need a hand with gingerNUT.:baby:

dangerous
9th May 2006, 20:29
Light wet and dry and it will do another turn. Anything else you need a hand with gingerNUT.:baby:
yeah... I will need a hand to slow down in the next bucket meet... I'll wipe that dumbarse grin off ya face :chase:

johnnyboy0212
9th May 2006, 20:31
hey fellas. i know im abit late posting this but i would like to thank you all for such a good days racing. it was my first time on the track and i had a blast.didnt fall off either!!.i would really like to thank tony and diesel pig for all there input but how i should go about things.thought id place some photos of my own in to.my parter took them so some are messy as shit.but you get that when mixing woman and technology.thanks again to all who helped me out.oh and by the way if anyone got some 17' slicks for a bucket,please gives me a bell.033135123 or an email.
ps the same thing happen to me afew years ago,the top ring over lapped the retaining pin and the ring gap opened in the exauhts port.but i did it at revs causeing the leftovers to become one with the top of the piston. made a cool paper weight though!

dangerous
9th May 2006, 20:49
was my first time on the track and i had a blast.
Welcome to KB and bucket racing Number five :cool:

miSTa
9th May 2006, 20:51
Sounds like you will be the one crawling up someones arse you gay cunt...

Fucking hell man, I think you're in love. All the abuse you hand to poor old D suggests something is going on. Mind you I think its mutual :rofl:

Good to hear you your beasty sorted - look forward to seeing in action

Kickaha
9th May 2006, 20:55
Fucking hell man, I think you're in love. All the abuse you hand to poor old D suggests something is going on. Mind you I think its mutual :rofl:

He told me he likes older men with a bit of grey in their hair :bleh:

miSTa
9th May 2006, 20:57

Only a bit? Phew, that rules me out :Pokey:

TonyB
9th May 2006, 21:42
hey fellas. i know im abit late posting this but i would like to thank you all for such a good days racing. it was my first time on the track and i had a blast.didnt fall off either!!.i would really like to thank tony and diesel pig for all there input but how i should go about things. SHHHHHH!!! Shit now DP will think I told you to mod your bike! :rofl: I didn't DP, really I didn't! In fact I believe I told him not to mess with it for a while. Like I said, I've mucked around with mine, made it faster, made it handle better and then Nipper gave me the learn on his bog standard bike. In my case the rider needs more work.

ps the same thing happen to me afew years ago,the top ring over lapped the retaining pin and the ring gap opened in the exauhts port.but i did it at revs causeing the leftovers to become one with the top of the piston. made a cool paper weight though! I love shit like that. I recall seeing the piston out of an old Leyland truck- one of the valves was sticking out of the top of the piston. It had melded in much like the rings in your pics. Quite amazing.

dangerous
9th May 2006, 22:24
be cearfull what you wish for... you are after all older (like in the next decade) and, bend down and take a look in the mirror ma man... yip I've seen em that sweede of yours is duel toned :rofl:

F5 Dave
10th May 2006, 09:42
Okay now I’m really scared of coming down to BOBuckets again.:gob:

I guess I’m kinda feeling that maybe I come off sounding like I know more than I do & it’s not if I can back it up by coming to wipe your arses (or should that be kick? My mother always taught me to be helpful) as the 50 is down on power compared to bigger bikes, . . . however it seems to fare ok at Blenhiem kart track. My 125 is going to be built as a short cct bike & with a 24mm carb will also be down on peak power necessary for doing well at Ruapuna.

So I am not a guru 2 stroke tuner, I still have much to learn.

But one thing I did learn long ago was the destructive forces of detonation.

Compare Johny’s last photo (pic 1 below) & Dangerous’s (pic 2).

Jonny’s has crack marks. Dangerous’s has erosion. Detonation was the catalyst for this damage. Look how the piston has been eaten away like it’s been locally sandblasted. This ate it’s way through the crown & freed the ring enough to get funky with the exhaust which could have caused the ring to push the peg out of the way & rotate with a twisting force of the port shape change.

I would make that conclusion even without the hindsight that the bike was running dangerously (sorry) lean. That info just backs it up & localised exhaust side damage is quite symptomatic. If he had the timing too advanced or the comp too high for the gas the damage would likely be in the centre of the piston. Actually Johny's could have also been partially caused by detonation. Sometimes it punches holes.

Thus endith the lesson.
Oh, um I mean, in my humble opinion & I could be wrong.:innocent:

-Hmph -as if!

Rashika
10th May 2006, 10:04
He told me he likes older women with a bit of grey in their hair :bleh:
now thats better ;)

Rashika
10th May 2006, 10:47
...thought id place some photos of my own in to.my parter took them so some are messy as shit.but you get that when mixing woman and technology....
OI!! :angry:

Just as well you are new here boyo, or else i could well show you just how good some women are with technology...
I CAN specialise in those sneaky shots, and I am a pretty dab hand with photoshop :innocent: off to hunt out out pics of no5 bucket...hahaha

oh yeah welcome to the forum... ;)

johnnyboy0212
11th May 2006, 23:00
OI!! :angry:

Just as well you are new here boyo, or else i could well show you just how good some women are with technology...
I CAN specialise in those sneaky shots, and I am a pretty dab hand with photoshop :innocent: off to hunt out out pics of no5 bucket...hahaha

oh yeah welcome to the forum... ;)
i knew if i went fishing id get a bite! :innocent:
and thanks for the warm welcome too:D