PDA

View Full Version : Frosty race report AMCC final round Taupo

FROSTY
30th April 2006, 22:36
I went to Taupo with a definite game plan. I wanted to win the AMCC club series. I was 40 or so points in front of Stu Dawe and Logan (KK). The plan was to stay just behind whichever of them was the fastest. The plan was made easier when KK wasn't there. I only had to follow Stu for 3 races and i had the champs sussed.
It started badly with a bike running on one cylinder in practice and the sweeper a lil bit slippery so instead of a first row grid I got a second row.--somehow on a 325cc single I still posted the 5th fasted qualifying time.
With a lot of fast work from Madduck and Doogal the bike was running on 2 again and I got a sneaky extra couple of laps practice to be sure we had it sussed.
Dougal acting as team manager told me I needed to run an intermediate front -But NO Frosty Knows best so the dry tyre I wanted was fitted .Dougal reminded me to Keep Ya eyes on the prize.
Race 1 and It all just came together. a lap and a bit to warm the tyres up and I started to wind up to my groove.
Everybody seemed to be riding so darned slow.The game plan went out the window and The red veil dropped Yea stupid Frosty. I was racing to win the RACE. I wound it up to a better pace and started reeling in and passing the riders in front of me.it was lap 4 and I was hunting down the guy leading the race. i tipped into Turn 1 -a slightly downhill lefthander.I went in a bit too hot --OK read that as a LOT too hot.faster than ya can say christpher robinson I was sitting on my ass sliding down the track.
It seemed to take hours for me and the bike to come to a stop -Long enough to me to remember exactly what spares i'd left at home and what I'd need to repair the bike. When I came to a stop I picked the bike up --no clutch lever end,no gear lever,no footpeg and worst of all a busted up change lever rod. I reached down and hand shifted her into third gear. I fired her back into life and wound up to as fast a pace as one gear would let me--not too fast I noticed --But it gave me the vital two or three points for finishing --admittedly dead set last.
I got into the pits to face the fury from Madduck and Doogal -and rightly so --I'd just blown 17 points of my lead away by being stupid. And yes Dougal was right --i needed a softer front tyre it was too cold for the full dry
Frantic work hunting down a spare change rod-the only spare I forgot to bring with me. Doogal and Madduck worked away madly getting the bike back together for me. Rescrutineered and sorted
I somehow managed to get a start behind the pre 89 guys to do a couple of checkout laps--hoping nothing was bent. --All good
Race 2 and I stuck 100% to the plan Good start -folow Stu -sit back and cruise. Finish 1 place behind him and only give him an extra 3 points over me. Done deal
Over the Loud hailer they announced there would only be 3 races per class.
WOHOO--nomally I want as many races as I can get but not this time
Quick calculation and I could finish 2 or 3 places behind Stu and still win the series.
race 3 and same as--wiggles and stu got into a bit of a dogfight--I sat back and cruised.
I gave stu a pit of a hurry up --shoving up the inside a couple of times. Nothing too serious but he did pick up the pace a bit more.
Flag drop and That was the end of the series --This meeting I did 1 11th place and 2 fourth places.
But -DRUMROLL
I WON THE AUCKLAND FORMULA 3 CLUB CHAMPS

very important though I couldn't have done it without a loyal and dedicated crew.
Madduck and Dougal did all the hard work --i was just the guy out there riding the beast.
I also couldn't have done it without you lot--Your encouragement and support has meant a lot to me.

Where to from here??
I'm not the kinda guy to rest on his laurels.I have a 3 year plan and winning the club champs was year one. This coming season (starting sept 06??)
Im planning on having a serious attack at the nationals.This year I want a top 5 placing in every round. Next year I want to see If I can Grab the F3 national crown.
There is no point in aiming lower than the best I think.
I hope this doesn't sound like ego talking --this is my goal.

vtec
30th April 2006, 22:56
Good stuff, it's hard to try to behave yourself and take it easy when you are trying to just do enough to win the champs. Bloody awesome mate, congrats. NZ champ series here we come? :)

babyB
1st May 2006, 03:07
:first: waaahooooo XJXJ :2thumbsup way to go congrats:banana: . was premo to watch. darn why do ya have to do it the hard way :p .
so enjoyed the day there was some good battles out there, good on ya guys n gals
heres a photoes of ya lookin good tony

Cleve
1st May 2006, 07:46
Congratulations Tony. You did well. In very tricky conditions can't blame your self for crashing though...

Quasievil
1st May 2006, 08:04
Yeah good on you tony well done !!!, I was shocked to ride past you when you fell, I thought fuck he aint going to win AMCC, but luckily you had enough points to take it out anyway.
Good photos, re photo two Im trying to remember when I was ever between you and wiggles?????? must have been a practie round.
Congrats mate............. youre the champ!!!!!!

FROSTY
1st May 2006, 08:08
yea quazi--and it sure was fantastic to see you getting your confidence back
I really did cruise the last two races -especially the last one when I heard they were only having 3 rounds --never been happy beforwe to hear that I'd have less racing :scooter:

Two Smoker
1st May 2006, 08:14
Congrats Frosty :niceone:

Devil
1st May 2006, 09:20
...and here's Frosty's reaction to the first race...

Devil
1st May 2006, 09:22
Getting the race face on!

ajturbo
1st May 2006, 09:23
well done frosty!!!:first:

i remember you telling me earler this year that you were on track to win.... and to think what you set in place came to be!!!...

folks take note... you need to plan these things... you need to see in your mind you are going to be number 1....

well done matey... are you going to contest it next year... or move up?..

also

GREAT PHOTO'S BabyB!!!:first:
makes one think... hell i wish i was there!!!!

Mental Trousers
1st May 2006, 10:22
From the amount of noise when you went down I was surprised that you could continue at all. There was a hell of a lot of scrapping and you were literally bouncing on your arse. Good result in the end though.

GSVR
1st May 2006, 10:49
AMC F3 Champion. That will look good on your resume. Well done.

emaN
1st May 2006, 11:09
despite no gear lever or peg I still finished the race.

ie - i had to sympathise with the sound the poor SV was making, being raced in one gear (3rd?) all around the track

well done bro..

team managers - pfft, what do they know?!
(p/t) ;)

motobob
1st May 2006, 16:46
Congrats Tony. You sure try to make it dramatic don't you.:first:

Racey Rider
1st May 2006, 18:52
Well done Frosty. :first:

FROSTY
1st May 2006, 22:40
Thanks a million folks for the support

SwanTiger
1st May 2006, 22:47
Great stuff Frosty, wasn't too long ago you were telling me "I'm going to win the Championship" ... thought for a minute it might of been the drink talking :P !

cowpoos
1st May 2006, 22:55
good stuff frosty.....

MadDuck
2nd May 2006, 00:01
Just on a final note..cos hes seems so sedate about it all

WE WON...WE WON....WE WON :second:

FROSTY
2nd May 2006, 08:10
sedade --are you kidding--im bouncing off the walls

SpeedyGirl
2nd May 2006, 08:19
Well Done MR Frosty!!! :yes: :first:

Rodders
2nd May 2006, 12:14
Congratulations Frosty!!! You deserve it with ALL your enthusiasm !!
Mate you were flying just before you fell off but glad you were able to clinch the seris win.
Is Paul Buckley who won on the RGV250 on the KB site?? - I wanted to catch up with him and see what he's done to his bike as it was very quick to be beating all you big boys!!
Bring on Next season !!!

FROSTY
2nd May 2006, 20:41
rodders Hes a freind and I can assure you hes done nothing cept keep the bike fettled. BUT hes done a million or so laps of the track.

Motoracer
3rd May 2006, 15:45
Nice work Tony! Congrats on taking out the championship! :)

vtec
3rd May 2006, 15:50
Yeah, I talked to Paul a lot during the day, he does keep his RGV up to scratch. But I think he did so well, because of his experience on the track, plus his uncanny ability to control a bike on an uncertain surface, he was telling me all day, that he's way better in the wet than in the dry, comparative to other rider's of course. Still, once the track dried out he was still kicking arse. Just rode really well I think.

MacD
3rd May 2006, 22:40
Congrats on the championship win Frosty! Here's another pic of you in action!

FROSTY
4th May 2006, 09:16
Today Im feeling every ache in my back and arms--I think my entire body hit that barned "ripple "strip

Mental Trousers
4th May 2006, 14:22
Today Im feeling every ache in my back and arms--I think my entire body hit that barned "ripple "strip

After watching you bounce along the track, over the ripple strip and off into the kittie litter I was surprised you were able to get back out there for the other races. Even though it was only a low side you bounced along on your arse and I was sure that'd bruise straight away and you wouldn't be able to walk much.

FROSTY
4th May 2006, 18:16
mate I actually diddnt feel a lot at the time.--More pissed off with myself than anything else.
Totally the oposite of what we had planned

Kwaka-Kid
4th May 2006, 21:14
congrats Frosty. Awesome news! Only just got back from around the place so weehee!

Gazzar
4th May 2006, 21:15
CONGRATS FROSTY Its good to see that it all worked out this year for you :first: :rockon: the start of next season.

FROSTY
5th May 2006, 18:59
WOOOHOO ---team FMR netted a First and Fourth in Formula 3 and a second place in Pre89 YEEEEHHAAAAA

Quasievil
5th May 2006, 19:02
WOOOHOO ---team FMR netted a First and Fourth in Formula 3 and a second place in Pre89 YEEEEHHAAAAA

Where do you find that out?

FROSTY
5th May 2006, 19:14
go to www.amcc.co.nz and then race results then club series --final results are posted

dss3
5th May 2006, 21:00
Cool, 6th in Formula auckland and 31st in F3 hahaha

Keystone19
5th May 2006, 21:59
Haha, I beat Two Smoker in F3...

motobob
5th May 2006, 23:09
Haha, I beat Two Smoker in F3...

I reckon a recount is needed. One of those lap scorers must have fallen in love with you (which would be a worry since they are all chicks). Or can't count. :wait:

FROSTY
6th May 2006, 08:27
its all about points dahhlink