PDA

View Full Version : QUASI's Race report AMMC, taupo 30/4

Quasievil
1st May 2006, 08:35
Hi all here is my report on the day.

We headed down to Taupo Saturday night and all I was thinking about was ,WTF another wet race meeting........might as well turn around and go home, we didnt and we got to taupo in the pissing down rain, after a nice birthday dinner for me we hit the sack, I didnt sleep well cause I could get the sound of the rain hitting the roof above out of my head......you know I got head fucked.
The Morning, Mrs Quasi (fembot) took me out to the track at 8am, there were heaps of people there all ready but luckily for us the permanenet tent at the end of the pits was not taken so DSS3 and I grabbed it, DSS3 set up while I waited for Shaun Harris to turn up with my bike, he was due at 8.30am and like clockwork he was there at precisly 8.30 am GREAT, I was eager to see the bike as Shaun had it for a couple of weeks, WHY?? well I asked him to turn it into a race bike...........and he did!!!

The first practice was looming and F3 (me) was to be first out, the track was WET WET WET, I found some balls and headed out to loose them both immediately on sight of (new name coming up) Waterfall Sweeper, why water fall sweeper I hear you ask, well because thats exactly what it was, water was running across it from the muddy bank all freckin day bringing with it a muddy slurry which to say was slippery as a politician on heat would be an understatement, I entered the waterfall and kept the bike bolt upright ,it was that bad, I would have been doing 30kmph?
Practice did not go well and I ended up 8th for qualification, I think there was 12 bikes in f3.
I knew I didnt qualify well but I was not worried about that as I was more focused on keeping the bike in trim for the racing, the forecast was for an improvement so that was my focus.
FIRST RACE.
I lined up in my spot and the track was reasonably dry (except the waterfall) flag dropped and I bogged down a bit, slipped the clutch a few times and ended up with the main pack into turn one, I saw the chance to pass three up the inside before turn one so did that and another two before the hairpin, the bike was going perfectly. I was in the midfeild I think about 4th (I cant remember to be honest) there was a gap between me and the fron guys so I ended up scrapping with number 29 a 125 gp, we diced around a bit but I could hold him through the waterfall so he got me there and that was that, I finished in 5th position with a 50 sec something best lap.
RACE TWO
A very similiar start, ie bogging down (yeah I know, I suck just cant get that SP gearbox of the line fuck I try though) managed to get into the midfield again, the track was dry (except waterfall) so I could really hammer the fuck out of the bike.
If I was to put my bike on a performance scale of one to ten, before taking it to Shaun Harris it was a one I got it back as a 6-7, its that good!!
I Battled a orange 400 I was trying to get past him over two laps and in lap 4 I did, then past another this took me into 5th spot, the bike was handling so well I was even tail sliding under full throttle out of the hairpin
and sliding a bit into turn one (FUCK IT WAS GREAT) I could hear that a SV650 was on my arse so was desperatly trying to keep him off me but couldnt ,his power and drive out of the waterfall was to much and he got me on the flag drop, I came 6th, best time of the day in that race 49.12 sec.
RACE THREE
Hate to sound predictable but the race was very much similiar to the other two, I finished in 5th spot with another good dice with the 125gp bike, damn those things can fly!!!

Highlights of the day,
1/ My Bike, big ups to Shaun excellent ,knowledgable, profesional and well priced service
2/Not coming last as I did in the previous round but whipping some arse, my faith in myself is restored
3/seeing DSS3 pass Stroud on the outside in Formula Auckland.

Lowlights of the day,
1/ The waterfall
2/ DSS3 Crashing
3/ A tosspot going to fast around the corner south of tokoroa and ending up in our lane with me swerving into the grass to avoid a headon, wanker
3/ being to tired to shag once got home

Thats about it.

Two Smoker
1st May 2006, 08:40
Wicked stuff Bret!!!! Wicked to see you performing so much better!!! Congrats on the 5th place, and i hope you are going to PMCC meet weekend :niceone:

dss3
1st May 2006, 08:49
Nice work mate :rockon:

Devil
1st May 2006, 09:04
Only got one pic of you, but looking very clean!

Mental Trousers
1st May 2006, 10:05
You looked like you were enjoying yourself out there. When I saw you after race 3 you had a huge grin. Good on ya.

And now you know your bike isn't slow!! All you have to do is get the starts sorted and you'll gain a couple of places off the bat.

GSVR
1st May 2006, 10:44
Can't believe it turned out fine but the photos tell the story.

Hope you get down this weekend for the PMCC final round.

Cleve
1st May 2006, 10:46
Good stuff mate. Nice to meet you at the cafe in Taupo the night before.

limbimtimwim
1st May 2006, 11:23
Thats about it.I was watching, I could see you, Zaph pointed out KS19. You all put on a good show.

I saw that absolute master on the yellow 125 rip up the track, I saw two passes in a lap, then her bike broke down :cry:

babyB
1st May 2006, 11:30
cool write up Quasi. you looked good out there
had a good battle there:2thumbsup
good to meet ya too

Devil
1st May 2006, 11:35
cool write up Quasi. you looked good out there
had a good battle there:2thumbsup
good to meet ya too
Damn you and your lens! I was zoomed as far as I could go!
:D Nice pics.

Quasievil
1st May 2006, 11:56
thanks all for the comments!, like those piccies to.
Now Im gearing up for PMCC, cant wait

emaN
1st May 2006, 12:15
Well done Quasi!
That new name suits that sweeper...!

motobob
1st May 2006, 16:43
Good to see you out there enjoying yourself Bret. Great to see a few KBer's getting serious. Going to enlighten us on what Shaun did to your bike?

dss3
1st May 2006, 17:36
I heard it was a bit like the old "kings new clothes" nursery rhyme, Shaun didn't do shit to the bike, just told Bret it was a minta now, and he went and kicked some ass on it! haha... sucker ;-)

Quasievil
1st May 2006, 17:43
Good to see you out there enjoying yourself Bret. Great to see a few KBer's getting serious. Going to enlighten us on what Shaun did to your bike?

Yup, re did the front forks, springs and oil, new rear shock,did the shims, and braided brakes lines up front to thats the bulk of it, OH and he got rid of my double brown can I use for overflow and put in a gay non conforming bottle (I will deduct the cost of one full can from the bill)
thats about it but he set it up for my weight proper like and WOW what a difference it makes

Keystone19
1st May 2006, 17:48
You were looking HOT when you went past me Bret...:whistle:

Quasievil
1st May 2006, 17:54
You were looking HOT when you went past me Bret...:whistle:

Oh really tell me more?

MadDuck
1st May 2006, 20:32
Oh really tell me more?

Settle fella...

It was good to see you doing so well out there. Vtec was trying to give you a good run for your money. What an awesome day and :first: to all you guys for the exciting day you gave us.

erik
1st May 2006, 23:17
good to hear Shaun got the gixxer going well.
:niceone:

FROSTY
1st May 2006, 23:22
yea mate--great to see ya back on track --I looked back a couple of times--You were getting a bit close to me

cowpoos
2nd May 2006, 10:43
good shit bro...

Rodders
2nd May 2006, 11:50
Nice write up Quasi ! Glad you didn't QUIT!!! Looks like you had a fantastic day out there -even a nice scenic waterall to look at every lap - man that was slippery and that was at my Nana pace on the R1 let alone at race pace!!

Got some footage of ya...a little shakey...to be expected I suppose after 15 laps and then not having a tripod!! Can flick you a tape . Pm me with ya address unless your in the big smoke on work and can pick it up and the keys from Neil for your tank (I work with him) -I'm close to the airport.

Also got some of Darryl doing the damage...first to his R1 then too everyone else except Stroud...No lack of grunt...Must be an R1!!! Sure you'll be able to show him the footage.

Keep it up Mate.

vtec
2nd May 2006, 15:20
Yep, nice one mate, and yeah you went up the inside of me on the first corner, was still shitting myself from my crash, but you had all the corners sorted quite well. Beat me in all 3 races. I'll get you next time :P

Motoracer
3rd May 2006, 16:29
Nice work Bret! Good to see you getting back into going hard and fast. I guess it was just Pukekohe that was putting you off and Taupo has brought the old fast Quasi back in you. Good luck for your future races (this weekend?) :niceone:

I'll catch you soon.

P.S. The suit didn't fit slob..

MacD
3rd May 2006, 22:47
Good racing Quasi! Here's a couple of pics of you in action.

Quasievil
3rd May 2006, 22:50
Good racing Quasi! Here's a couple of pics of you in action.

Nice piccies thanks, first time I ever got my knee down on the esses.............thanks to Mr Shaun Harris and his wonderful tuning skills

FROSTY
4th May 2006, 08:57
Hey quazi- man see i told ya mate you just need track time mate :first:

Quasievil
4th May 2006, 09:02
Hey quazi- man see i told ya mate you just need track time mate :first:

Well we will see what happens this weekend mate, but you will be right as always!!!
Hope youre racing?

FROSTY
4th May 2006, 09:08
nahh sorry bro Not Me --Bikes comeing to bits -repaint time as well as rear shock,engine work etc etc--Im getting it prepped up now to have a serious go at the nats.
I'm hoping to build up a No1 and No2 bike but Im gonna need to raise a lot more moolah
We've all got plans and dreams for life and mine for the next two years is to knock a certain mr T Fitzgerald off his pedastal.