PDA

View Full Version : Keystone19 Race Report AMCC 30 April 2006

Keystone19
1st May 2006, 13:17
It’s 9pm Saturday night and it’s raining. It’s 1am and it’s still raining. It’s 6am and it’s still raining. I think it’s going to be wet at the track today…

Bowl up to the track late as usual. Park up and get the bikes unloaded. I need to get a bolt rethreaded so that the fairing will stay connected to my new bike before I can pass scrutineering. Along with this and changing the slicks over to pilot powers for the rapidly drying track, I miss the practice session. My confirmed place on the grid for my first F3 race – last.

Finally get the bike sorted, the track is dry except for the sweeper. My goal for the day is to stay upright. After falling off in my last two outings on the track I have no great expectations except to achieve that. Shaun Harris gives me the hard word on slowing down. Cleve tells me to go hard to warm up the tyres and then go slow for three laps before opening up. Motobob tells me to have fun.

Finally they call the first F3 race so I pull up to the dummy grid. The petrol light comes on. Shit. Fast U turn to Frosty’s pit where Dougie and Madduck save my bacon with a quick top up. Mental note to self *must remember to top up gas before race*. Pull out for the one warm up lap and just make it to my place on the grid when the flag drops. I’m last going into the first corner but can see Ray Nairn ahead of me and am pretty sure I can take him eventually but I’m following Shaun, Cleve’s and my own advice to slow down, warm up the tyres and stay upright. Start to get a feel for the bike by about lap 3 and I can see the gap between me and Ray narrowing. I finally out brake him into the corner off the back straight and leave him behind. No-one else is in sight so I just concentrate on staying ahead of Ray. Next lap I have a bit of a moment going into the corner where I had just overtaken Ray when I brake, release the brake and realise the throttle is still wide open. Gulp. Manage to keep it under control and stay in front of Ray. Finally get the white flag but by now I’m worried that I’m about to be lapped but just manage to stay in front of the first place guy as we cross the finish line. Phew. Statistics for this race: Fastest laptime: 1.55ish; Time behind winner: 65seconds; Place: 2nd to last.

Race two and I’m still trying to follow Shaun, Cleve’s and my own advice but this time I get a good start and shoot in front of Quasi, Ray and an RGV. Quasi takes me on the first corner but I manage to keep the RGV behind me for three laps when he finally out brakes me into the hairpin and gets away. Still having the same problem with getting my hand stuck on the throttle while braking and manage to get a little slide happening into the sweeper. Oops. Better concentrate on making sure my hand is OFF the throttle. I’m pleased with this race though, speeds were up and getting more confidence in the bike. Statistics: Fastest laptime: 1.52ish; Time behind winner 40seconds; Place: 2nd to last.

Race three and the track is a little wet after a brief shower. This time though, Motobob had taken my SV650 out in Formula 2 so the tyres are still warm which gives me some confidence. I get an ok start but I’m last going into the first corner. Manage to overtake Ray going into the sweeper on the first lap and after this stay in touch with the pack for the whole race. No further problems with the brake/throttle issue so I'm starting to feel a lot more comfortable into the corner off the straight. Statistics: Fastest lap 1.50; Time behind winner: 25seconds; Place: 2nd to last.

So although my placing never changed, I was really pleased with my improvement over the three races, I managed to stay upright, and I think with more experience might even be brave enough to mingle in the pack instead of behind it. No rush though, as Shaun says to get faster I need to slow down and learn the bike and my own limits which I think I started to do yesterday. I’m really looking forward to the PMCC round at Taupo next week.

Thanks to Motobob for everything really, Rodders for helping with the wheel change, Pete for always managing to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and being dragged in to help me get the bike onto the stand, Madduck and Dougie for the last minute fuel top up, Shaun for sorting out the fairing bolt in time for me to race and Cleve for cheering me on. Great to have Zapf, Devil, MacD and everyone else on the sidelines too!

I had a huge grin on my face after all three races yesterday!

Two Smoker
1st May 2006, 13:25
Wicked stuff Jill :niceone: Congrats on the 50 second lap time :niceone: Very respectable, the top F2 guys were only doing 44's :niceone: Good luck for the PMCC round, and maybe time for some tyre warmers???

emaN
1st May 2006, 13:32
Well done K!
Was great watching you boogie thru' the "twisties"...

Would it be worth gettin a hanger for the pipe? there seemed to be a lot of shakin around; hate for it to damage something...

And yeh, as much as we hate to pay the going rate for petrol prices nowdays, it's better to have some in that there tank when you're heading out to race!!

Great write up, keep 'em coming!

Grahameeboy
1st May 2006, 13:32
Good stuff K19......you will be good to have around at Manfield...cause I will need all the help I can get....which is why I am there of course...........:scooter:

skelstar
1st May 2006, 13:34
That sounds like soo much fun. Awesome Jill.

Keystone19
1st May 2006, 13:41
Would it be worth gettin a hanger for the pipe? there seemed to be a lot of shakin around; hate for it to damage something...

Hehe, yep, we knew that was shaking around. We are getting a new pipe put on and haven't had time to sort out the hanger. Hopefully this week 'cause we only just snuck through scrutineering with it...:doh:

emaN
1st May 2006, 13:44
sweet...
'sneaking thru things' makes it more fun too!

Mental Trousers
1st May 2006, 14:06
You looked much more confident in the 3rd race. Good to see you're improving.

Devil
1st May 2006, 14:08
I can confirm there was a rather large grin attached to a certain female wandering around the pits.

Couple of pics.

1) Is it The Stig?

2) WHEEEEEEEE!

Cleve
1st May 2006, 14:10
You were AWESOME Jill. A damaged bike you had little experience (let alone race experience) on, 2 kids in the campervan, no practice time on the day, Motobob and me getting in your way and giving you bad advice...
See ya next weekend.

ManDownUnder
1st May 2006, 14:16
JIll... I try not to swear with women present... y'know feign being polite and all but...

FUCKEN AWESOME! :niceone: :niceone: :niceone:

Glad you had a blast, and a steady iprovement in those times too.
MDU

cowpoos
1st May 2006, 14:26
good stuff chicky...u look good in them levers luff :love:

GSVR
1st May 2006, 14:36
Thats one serious looking SV racebike. See you this weekend at the PNCC round.

limbimtimwim
1st May 2006, 14:46
You were looking good, once I Zaph showed me what bike you were on. Valentino Rossi you will make.

ajturbo
1st May 2006, 15:22
great write up!!!..

and good news about staying up right!!..... the old saying, to finish first, first you must finish.... and you didn't come last.... some other poor bugger did..hahahaha( if i was there it would have been me:scooter: )

well done in the lap times!!!

MadDuck
1st May 2006, 16:18
Fantastic effort girl!!!!

Was great to see you out there and made me think maybe ...just maybe....

Fuel is quite important too ah? Pleasure to be close enough by to give you a hand. Although I was so keen to get you out there sorry about splashing gas all over ya nice leathers....lucky I put my fag out too I guess.:doobey:

YOU ROCK !!!

SPman
1st May 2006, 17:04
Jeez Jill, you're going well, and I dont get to see you now, seeing as how Im posting from work in Perth! Bugger! Keep up the good work and soon you'll be pushin Tony........:whistle:

dss3
1st May 2006, 17:33
Well done! Well done! Well done! Looked great out there Jill! :gob:

Goblin
1st May 2006, 18:46
Well done Jill!! Great to see you're out there doing it! You're doing the one thing I have only dreamed of for decades.:yes: :rockon:

Nicksta
1st May 2006, 18:57
Awesome one chick!!
fantastic write up.....
Go team Milf!!

R6_kid
1st May 2006, 22:45
good stuff Jill, good to see you improved and had a good time, AND kept it upright in the process. I know you're stoked!

Any luck coming up with a name yet (nicksta shes not team milf anymore :bye: :oi-grr:, you wanna take her place ;) )

FROSTY
1st May 2006, 22:55
good onya Jill.--And for the record--You finished one race in front of me

NinjaBoy
1st May 2006, 23:02
Good onya Jill. Good to hear that you managed to keep it upright and managed some good times.

cowpoos
1st May 2006, 23:02
good stuff Jill, good to see you improved and had a good time, AND kept it upright in the process. I know you're stoked!

Any luck coming up with a name yet (nicksta shes not team milf anymore :bye: :oi-grr:, you wanna take her place ;) )
nickstars not a mom though bro....maybe you could fix that for her eh!!!

R6_kid
1st May 2006, 23:08
nickstars not a mom though bro....maybe you could fix that for her eh!!!

well i am young dumb and full of cum.... :wait:

babyB
2nd May 2006, 00:58
way cool wite up Keystone well done. looked like you had a premo day out there. good to see:2thumbsup

Keystone19
2nd May 2006, 11:15
Thanks for the support guys! It was awesome.

Rashika
2nd May 2006, 11:46
Well done girl!! :scooter:
great work on the racing and the thread ;)

Rodders
2nd May 2006, 12:08
Good Day for ya Jill!! -Shaun-He's a wise old fox with that advice - How did Paul get on with the bike in the F2 race??
Looks like you had a blast ...and kept it shiney side up...All Good!!!

Keystone19
2nd May 2006, 12:12
How did Paul get on with the bike in the F2 race??

Paul says he really enjoyed the bike in F2. As for laptimes you might have to ask him that...:whistle:

He claims he wasn't pushing it...

motobob
2nd May 2006, 14:15
Paul says he really enjoyed the bike in F2. As for laptimes you might have to ask him that...:whistle:

He claims he wasn't pushing it...

Just to make you happy Jill, you went faster than me. Now you have to make up the 6 seconds at Taupo 2. :nya: Which I'm sure you will.

Keystone19
2nd May 2006, 14:19
Just to make you happy Jill, you went faster than me. Now you have to make up the 6 seconds at Taupo 2. :nya: Which I'm sure you will.

Hah, I only went faster because you were being careful after I told you I'd kill you if you dropped it!

As for the 6 seconds on Taupo 2, maybe, one day, but I doubt it will be this weekend...:baby:

motobob
2nd May 2006, 14:37
Don't sell yourself short girl. Anyway I'm just trying to reposition myself as the superior male.

ZTHOU
2nd May 2006, 16:37
Woohoo Jill,sounds like you had a fantastic day,good stuff....

vtec
2nd May 2006, 22:53
Those are some major improvements in lap times between races... Respect. It's all about time on the track, and being smart enought to figure out where you can make improvements, and you've obviously figured that out.

Shaun
3rd May 2006, 07:56
Hah, I only went faster because you were being careful after I told you I'd kill you if you dropped it!

As for the 6 seconds on Taupo 2, maybe, one day, but I doubt it will be this weekend...:baby:

The slower you start out the faster you will become in the shortest time.

When you are busy trying to go fast you are not taking in all the reference points of data that is needed to go fast safely, You looked a lot more in control as well as you looked liked you were enjoying the races, bet you learned quite a lot about yourself last weekend:first:

Motoracer
3rd May 2006, 16:45
Nice work Jill. I know you can go heaps better. I've seen it in your riding in the past..

When you have a couple of crashes, it's easy to start doubting yourself.. But the point is to just learn from your past mistakes and moving on by trying to avoid thoes mistakes. Which is what you are doing. Once your confidence builds up again, you'll be right up there with the fast boys no doubt!

Nice and smooth riding. Keep up the good work and good luck for your future races. :)

MacD
3rd May 2006, 22:36
Here's another pic from the weekend for the collection! :niceone: