PDA

View Full Version : dss3 Race report, AMCC, Taupo 30.04.06

dss3
1st May 2006, 17:24
Well, a bit of a mixed report this one, with a couple of highs and lows.

Started off looking foward to this round, Taupo is probably the track I have done the most laps on, had stripped all the remaining road gears off the bike and got some churr new stands, slicks and a generator.

Day started off pretty wet, qualifying was pretty much a waste of time, as I only have slicks until my spare rims arrive and I can afford some wets. So not suprisingly I qualified last in Formula Auckland.

By race one the track was pretty much dry, with the exception of the sweeper as many have mentioned, it really is some pretty crap design / drainage it has to be said. Got a good start off the line, thanks in part to having a few more cc's than some of the F2 guys in the field. Think I may have been in about 4th. Was feeling good through most of the lap apart from the sweeper where I was sliding, and had to take it easy. Passed a couple of people and got into 2nd place (have to mention one of them was a Mr Stroud, don't care if he had been riding a 150 with his eyes closed it was still bloody cool to be no track with, and passing him!!!) Ricky was in 1st and I felt I could catch him pretty easy, was feeling pretty cool about now haha. Then slid too much in the sweeper, must have had bike at full lock, speedway styles, before it gripped and highsided me. Wasn't really going fast, but landed on collarbone I recently broke, and whipped my head onto the ground dazing me, probably some good concussion. That was the end of my race one.

So now back on the pits Quasi, Twosmoker and co. (sorry don't remember who else, was a bit blurry) turned the R1 into a churr streetfighter style racer and got it re-checked ready for the next race.

Race two and I'm feeling a bit sore and still dazed, pretty much just went out and went through the motions circulating around, got mid to bottom field I guess.

Race three and feeling a bit better, had a decent start and probably in 4th or so, Nicko kept getting passed me into the sweeper, but I managed to get back passed him each time. Then came up behind one of the moto-dynamix lads and found a way passed him after a couple of laps. Next was Ricky in position 2 with only one lap to go, managed to get passed him, however the man in first place was Andrew Stroud, so shit show in hell of catching him, finished in second.

So overall got a couple of decent results, but a bit gutted I never got to ride as fast as I know I can at Taupo, due to wet track, slick tyres and then busted up body.

Body started getting worse and worse as the day went on, woke up this morning to find I literrally couldn't lift head off pillow or roll over onto side, shoulder also pretty sore, off to get some x-rays soon, hopefully it will be some sort of whiplash on the neck, and fingures crossed for no broken bones in shoulder, or at least only a small fracture.

Big thanks to all those that helped out during the day, am looking foward to the next race, feel I should be competitive with a fit body and the right gears.

Cheers,
Daryl.

Two Smoker
1st May 2006, 17:36
Fucking awesome racing mate... And i think the Job Bret and I did on your R1 made it look a fuckload better...

BTW... Your still a homo...

Keystone19
1st May 2006, 17:46
Great write up Daryl. You were looking awesome out there.

Hope everything checks out for you with the xrays...:yes:

Quasievil
1st May 2006, 17:53
Not a bad write up, had to wake myself up a couple of times but got there in the end:zzzz: .

Nah good one mate, I still think youre a mad fucker you should have left the rest of the day and looked after number one, but hey Im old and boring and youre young dum and full of cum so thats that.

Was good watching you pass stroud, I think you got some potential mate once you start keeping the bike upright that is!!!

Get well for this weekend (I need a lift:blip: )

Cleve
1st May 2006, 19:16
Good riding Daryl and good to meet you also in person finally.
I saw the crash and it looked a bit nasty so not suprised you were sore the next day.
Hope to see you at the next round at Taupo if you are feeling up to it.

limbimtimwim
1st May 2006, 19:57
turned the R1 into a churr streetfighter style racer and got it re-checked ready for the next race.The bike looked cool. Your crash didn't. The 'owwww' noise everyone made in the stand was classic. Well done passing Stroud. I would have crashed in glee if I had done the same.

dss3
1st May 2006, 21:04
Well, back from the visit to the doc's and the obligatory x-rays.

Basically he said I was a pussy, and I should have finished the race I crashed in. Reckons if I don't race this weekend he'll take my bike and show me how it's done.

Last time I go to see Dr Loosebruce.

Nah, good news, neck is just bruising and spraining, varies greatly how long they take to settle. Shoulder may have a small fracture, but pretty tiny, just lucky the collarbone is still quite thick with bone from breaking it a few months ago.

Bring on PMCC this weekend... all going well.

dss3
1st May 2006, 21:23
BTW... Your still a homo...

Hmmm, anyone want a couple of free sets of Gixer brake discs?!!!... still a homo eh? Smart little focker.

cowpoos
1st May 2006, 21:50
good shit bro...if u wanna start winning your gunna need a gixxer thoug eh!!

Quasievil
1st May 2006, 21:53
Hmmm, anyone want a couple of free sets of Gixer brake discs?!!!... still a homo eh? Smart little focker.

yEAH MATE i WILL HAVE EM mine are only 2.5mm thick so need some new fuckers

enigma51
1st May 2006, 21:58
bummer with the fall I take it from the comments the R1 is looking a bit "cheap" a well know maybe you will see the point in investing in a real motorcycle like a suzuki!

sAsLEX
1st May 2006, 22:18
yEAH MATE i WILL HAVE EM mine are only 2.5mm thick so need some new fuckers

Lower rotational inertia that way make you go quicker

FROSTY
1st May 2006, 22:47
sorry my lid diddnt fit ya bud --glad we got ya back out there ok
and good comeback from the bin

R6_kid
1st May 2006, 23:01
good shit mate, sounds like you are being a bit of a fast cunt out their aye. Will be interesting when Bruce gets that gixxer out there and gives you a good run for your money. Im sure the yammy will pull through for us though!

Hopefully by next season you will be all ready to go with a full race setup!

babyB
2nd May 2006, 01:16
cool write up dss. good to see ya again
you take it easy this week, wishes at ya for speedy recovery
ya still looked good out there:2thumbsup

Quasievil
2nd May 2006, 07:03
Mate looking at that picture its no wonder your boots are worn out!:gob:

loosebruce
2nd May 2006, 08:55
Ya better not crash this weekend ya muppet, otherwise i'm fucked for getting to Manfeild, maybe. The R1's looking much improved though, add a few more colours and it'll be a faint ala TLS edition.
Did you get some tyre warmers yet? Not a bad result considering your day, bring on Rnd 1 of the winter series, i'm sooo going run you wide in the sweeper bitch hahaha.

dss3
2nd May 2006, 09:28
good shit bro...if u wanna start winning your gunna need a gixxer thoug eh!!

Jeese, must have hit my head harder than I thought, looks like you wrote that I need a gixer to win... haha, must be seeing things! ;-)

Two Smoker
2nd May 2006, 10:20

They are good for fuck all at the moment... one of them is out by 10 mm :bleh: See you at Vic Club Champs...

Rodders
2nd May 2006, 12:02
Top Effort Darryl.
Thought you were just putting on that glazed ,in a daze look walking around the pits!!! Finally woke up and showed them the R1 rear in the 2nd race.
Got a little bit of footage of you chasing down Stroud -will give a copy to Quasi.
Really looking forward to seeing you and looseBruce Trying to take each other out - ala Barbara and De-angelis in the Turkey 250cc Race.....Hope you've seen it!!!!

Nice Work - Bring on the Vic Seris!!

vtec
2nd May 2006, 15:27
Good shaiser mate, I'm impressed how you rode after the crash, usually it rattles the nerves a little bit. Well it did me anyway. I must be a pussy.

Will see you riding this weekend at PMCC. I'll be scooting around too. Hopefully I'll do alright now I'm in my correct class (streetstock as opposed to F3)

loosebruce
2nd May 2006, 20:04
Really looking forward to seeing you and looseBruce Trying to take each other out - ala Barbara and De-angelis in the Turkey 250cc Race.....Hope you've seen it!!!!

Oh shit yes, it's gonna be a hoot, and that race, my god, the last 10 laps were like the last lap, and the last lap was really something, best race in a long time, yep can promise the punters a good show from me and Daryl even if we're not at the front it'll be a laugh.

Motoracer
3rd May 2006, 16:35
Wow... Race 1 was pretty fukin exciting alright.. Passing Stroud.. Coming 2nd and catching up to the race leader... Highsiding on the sweeper..

After you came back into the pits, you looked understandebly ticked off (to put it lightly) and very dazed... Then after getting into the grove from the 2nd race, you came 2nd in the last race behind Stroud!! Are there pants big enough to fit your big balls?! Total respect there man, nice!

Good luck for this weekend and the winter seriese (sp)! :niceone:

MacD
3rd May 2006, 22:25
Here's a pic of Motoracer testing the front brakes after the bike had been "streetfightered".

dss3, hope you're healing up well!

Motoracer
4th May 2006, 00:59
Here's a pic of Motoracer testing the front brakes after the bike had been "streetfightered".

I'd just like to say that, that was my first attempt (on the day). After getting told off, I didn't really want to try again.

Cheers for takin the pic nonetheless MacD! :)

Two Smoker
4th May 2006, 08:51

hehehe... thats funny... Told you guys Bret and I did a minta on the bike...

dss3
4th May 2006, 08:56
hehehe... thats funny... Told you guys Bret and I did a minta on the bike...

Yeah, think maybe I should leave it like that aye? Looks tougher / meaner. Just need to get me some of them high-rise handle bar things! Oh, and some of those hands guard things the MX guys have, they're pretty rad. :nya: :blip:

loosebruce
4th May 2006, 09:21
Yeah, think maybe I should leave it like that aye? Looks tougher / meaner. Just need to get me some of them high-rise handle bar things! Oh, and some of those hands guard things the MX guys have, they're pretty rad. :nya: :blip:

Ape hangers bro :rockon:

Mental Trousers
4th May 2006, 09:28
Everyone can see the secret Red Bull gives you wings can now.

Devil
4th May 2006, 09:28
Mate you need a set of these on there.

dss3
4th May 2006, 09:45
Everyone can see the secret Red Bull gives you wings can now.

What can I say, there wasn't enough room to fit a double brown can down there. Pretty sad really. Maybe I can paint up the Red Bull can to look like a dubbo.

cowpoos
4th May 2006, 12:58
What can I say, there wasn't enough room to fit a double brown can down there. Pretty sad really. Maybe I can paint up the Red Bull can to look like a dubbo.
double brown!!! sheet!!!.....supose at least it ain't lion red or waikato draught!

dss3
4th May 2006, 13:46
Mate, it's one thing to disrespect Yamaha and start saying I need to get me a Suzuki. But if you are going to start to diss the dubbo's you're crossing a line, shit could start to get pretty heavy. :gob:

;-)

loosebruce
4th May 2006, 15:15
Mate, it's one thing to disrespect Yamaha and start saying I need to get me a Suzuki. But if you are going to start to diss the dubbo's you're crossing a line, shit could start to get pretty heavy. :gob:

;-)

Mate if it wasn't for your bloody dubbo's we'd still have a flash laptop.

Quasievil
4th May 2006, 15:20
Mate if it wasn't for your bloody dubbo's we'd still have a flash laptop.

OI YOU SLIMEY PRICK YOU OWE ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im going to fuck you up on Sunday unless you PAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and PAY BIG

loosebruce
4th May 2006, 16:53
OI YOU SLIMEY PRICK YOU OWE ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im going to fuck you up on Sunday unless you PAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and PAY BIG

What shit you talking, i thought i owed Daryl, only i had no money so he made me stay the night, i'm only just getting back to being able to walk now and you wana go as well, can ya give me at least another week. Please i'll make it worth your while :blip:

Quasievil
4th May 2006, 17:12
What shit you talking, i thought i owed Daryl, only i had no money so he made me stay the night, i'm only just getting back to being able to walk now and you wana go as well, can ya give me at least another week. Please i'll make it worth your while :blip:

my Heart bleeds PAY UP MUTHA FUCKA
You like my credit control tactics mate?
ok one week then I get heavy

loosebruce
4th May 2006, 23:07
You like my credit control tactics mate?
ok one week then I get heavy

What tactics, thearting (sp) me with anal sex, (fuck i cant speel for shit that could've very much ended up as treating me, then how bad would i look, how do you speel the word i'm after?)
Sorry mate, there's something about middle aged balding pot bellied hippies like yourself that just dont instill fear in me, tell ya what if you catch me round the track i'll pay double, as in double your money, not dubbo's Daryl.

cowpoos
5th May 2006, 13:27
What tactics, thearting (sp) me with anal sex, (fuck i cant speel for shit that could've very much ended up as treating me, then how bad would i look, how do you speel the word i'm after?)
Sorry mate, there's something about middle aged balding pot bellied hippies like yourself that just dont instill fear in me, tell ya what if you catch me round the track i'll pay double, as in double your money, not dubbo's Daryl.
threatining?????? I duunno cunt speel efer

kickingzebra
5th May 2006, 13:43
A)Threatening, B)Theatrical, C)Turnip, D) All of the above beeartch!!