PDA

View Full Version : Thats pritty gay

rudolph
1st May 2006, 21:20
The new Suzuki boulevard looks like somthing you would see parked outside Fl:blip: esh

XTC
1st May 2006, 21:22
Would look better without that funny nosecone thingy.... I assume you mean the M109R?

rudolph
1st May 2006, 21:28
yer thats the one

outlawtorn
1st May 2006, 22:29
The new Suzuki boulevard looks like somthing you would see parked outside Fl:blip: esh
Have you taken one for a test ride? They are really nice to ride, they might not look like the nicest bike in it's class but it's still a stunner. Go up to Colemans and organise a test ride, you'll really enjoy it I'm sure.

vs04
2nd May 2006, 07:33
Thats an interesting comment coming from someone who has an interest in choppers and custom bikes.Have,nt riden one but hear they go extremely well.

James Deuce
2nd May 2006, 08:17
That's "pretty" by the way.

Cookie
2nd May 2006, 08:29
The nose cone is "interesting". Personally I think it's a nice looking bike overall. That's the sort of design that could easily grow on me that is for sure.

James Deuce
2nd May 2006, 08:35
I'm with Cookie. I don't understand the fuss about what is apparently a functional screen that stops you from being turned into a windsock on the motorway. It looks like the sort of bike that would "accidentally" cleave small diesel hatchback in twain without a second thought or a scratch.

Finn
2nd May 2006, 08:46
Yeah, but then again so is your profile pic. You better change it before Grahameeboy finds it. You don't want a homosexual christian as a stalker.

Hitcher
2nd May 2006, 08:59
They look better in the flesh. WMC has a demo in silver. I may be forced to take it for a spin.

MSTRS
2nd May 2006, 10:33
The nosecone may seem 'ghey', perhaps it is, but without styling changes it'd be a rather dull world out there. I have ridden one and OMG!!!! Read it here - http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=563233&postcount=1

Hitcher
2nd May 2006, 10:40
I'd have one as part of a "stable" of bikes (based on looks alone). But current circumstances (no garage) rule that out. Also there's nowhere that luggage can be affixed without bespoiling the M109R's luscious and sensual curves...

imdying
2nd May 2006, 11:45
The nosecone is quite obvious in the pictures, but totally suits the bike in the flesh. Very nice looking ride imho, definitely have one in my garage.

vs04
2nd May 2006, 11:51
Yeah, but then again so is your profile pic. You better change it before Grahameeboy finds it. You don't want a homosexual christian as a stalker.
I was going to mention the profile pic but thought i,d let someone else do that,not a good look rudolph.

imdying
2nd May 2006, 11:59
Oh dear, and you think that bike is gay???

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/customprofilepics/profilepic4023_12.gif

knuckles
2nd May 2006, 12:00
impersonation being the ultimate in flattery...

HARLEY D ..take a bow...

WickedOne
2nd May 2006, 12:01
Have a read here...

http://www.motorcycletrader.co.nz/portal/alias__motorcycletradernz/tabID__5778/ArticleID__1640264/DesktopDefault.aspx

James Deuce
2nd May 2006, 12:01
Eh? That doesn't look like anything HD's ever made or ever will.

knuckles
2nd May 2006, 12:10
Eh? That doesn't look like anything HD's ever made or ever will.

sorry ..your right..its just GAY.

imdying
2nd May 2006, 12:11
Must admit, I thought it was VRODish till I saw it in the flesh.... the VROD wishes... not only is it huge, but it'd stomp the poor VROD in the face a few times, and then kick it in the nuts to make sure it was down.

James Deuce
2nd May 2006, 12:13
sorry ..your right..its just GAY.

That's "you're".

imdying
2nd May 2006, 12:14
If you're being picky, it's 'it's' as well :lol:

knuckles
2nd May 2006, 12:18
It is GAY...you are GAY.

knuckles
2nd May 2006, 12:31
Take one nondescript 80's jap cruiser,add some billet wheels,fit a couple of vrod pipes,chuck on a lepera seat,dakoda digital dash etc etc ...bet it still sounds like the strangled cry of a trapped shit.

imdying
2nd May 2006, 12:41
Heh, gay is a 1998 bike that still has carbs (heheh, imagine if it had flat spots and/or back firing! In 1998 no less!). Even gayer than that would be if that carb, fitted as late as 1998, was so shitty it warranted replacement by an aftermarket one!! Imagine that! Carbs in 1998! And crappy ones at that!!! Now that ladies and gentleman, would be gay.

Hailwood
2nd May 2006, 13:39
Firstly I would expect an 1800cc bike to stomp all over an 1130cc bike regardless of its make....a comparison between the VTX1800, maybe a VN2000 Kawasaki and the M109R would be interesting although I think the Suzuki might win in performance terms....

Secondly those who are paid to know this sort of stuff (the magazine test riders-lucky bastards) all seem to rate this bike very highly.

My final observation is this...why do some members here deem it necessary to slag off other members and their bikes when that member disagrees with them? So what if someone's bike has a carb, so what if someone else rides a bike that has just been discontinued because it didn't sell as expected. All thta happens is that the thread becomes a slagging match and, not only losing the point, becomes very boring to read....get over it and get on with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Squeak the Rat
2nd May 2006, 13:47
All thta happens is that the thread becomes a slagging match and, not only losing the point, becomes very boring to read....get over it and get on with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re-reading the first post - I don't think there was much point in this thread to lose.......

MSTRS
2nd May 2006, 14:17
Firstly I would expect an 1800cc bike to stomp all over an 1130cc bike regardless of its make.......
I wouldn't have thought so. Yes, my gixxer is the fullpower model (1127cc) but it is 100kg lighter and has 25hp more. It was just a feeling I had, given the amount of torque that 1800 V2 has on tap. I wouldn't slag it at all - not even the lovely rumbly exhaust note:love:

imdying
2nd May 2006, 14:40
Love the low profile 240 on the back... looks like a luverly little liquoricestrap, especially coupled with the shaft drive.

Finn
2nd May 2006, 15:26
My final observation is this...why do some members here deem it necessary to slag off other members and their bikes when that member disagrees with them?

It's not necessary, just plain old fun and having a go is part of the forum culture. You know, pushing the limits and hoping you come out alive... kinda like cornering on a Harley. :shit:

knuckles
2nd May 2006, 15:29
[quote]thats pritty gay[quote]

not wrong...bout as attractive as that honda ruin thing...yawwwn.

Hitcher
2nd May 2006, 15:33
bout as attractive as that honda ruin thing...
You're clearly confused between the Wracken Ruin and the Honda Rune.

knuckles
2nd May 2006, 15:57
You're clearly confused between the Wracken Ruin and the Honda Rune.

Nah...some one told me WRACKEN is Honda's parent company..
Most of the major bike makers are just churning out the same old shit anyways,
wheres the WOW factor?
Vrod with a factory fitted blower?
MT-01 with a little NOS on the button?
Triumph with a tractor motor? Opps been done....

vs04
2nd May 2006, 16:00
[quote]thats pritty gay[quote]

not wrong...bout as attractive as that honda ruin thing...yawwwn.
Mate,if it had a harley badge on it,it would be the best thing since sliced bread.Once again the jap cruisers take another slagging:zzzz:

knuckles
2nd May 2006, 16:19
[QUOTE=knuckles][quote]thats pritty gay
Mate,if it had a harley badge on it,it would be the best thing since sliced bread.Once again the jap cruisers take another slagging:zzzz:

once again jap cruisers are an easy target.

take one tried and true motorcycle design,bastardize it in asia,wrap it in plastic chrome and thats "pritty gay"

imdying
2nd May 2006, 16:29
Triumph with a tractor motor? Opps been done....People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones :lol:

vs04
2nd May 2006, 17:03
[QUOTE=vs04][QUOTE=knuckles]

once again jap cruisers are an easy target.

take one tried and true motorcycle design,bastardize it in asia,wrap it in plastic chrome and thats "pritty gay"
Plastic chrome,lets see now,triumph bonniville america front guard,plastic,speedo housing,plastic chrome,triumph speedmaster,speedo housing,plastic chrome.2004 intruder.Front and back guards,metal,side covers metal,all chrome,metal,speedo housing, aluminium.How do i know,i own one, went over it with a magnet,magnets dont stick to plastic.As far as the asia things concerned,is there a harley on the road today that dose,nt have some part manufactured in japan.Who gives a shit,as i,ve said before,if it,s made to specs and works how it,s suppose to then it,s all good.Next time i,m down at anza motorcycles i,ll do the magnet test on a few harleys and post the results here,you might be dissapointed.Cheers.

onearmedbandit
2nd May 2006, 17:08
You know, pushing the limits and hoping you come out alive... kinda like cornering on a Harley. :shit:

Buwahahahahahaha!

Smorg
2nd May 2006, 17:57
Oh dear, and you think that bike is gay???

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/customprofilepics/profilepic4023_12.gif

I bet that guy is german

imdying
2nd May 2006, 18:11
German, perhaps... hetro, definitely not...

sunhuntin
4th May 2006, 13:31
not bad looking bikes and they seem to pull well too.....id ride one! local zuki dealers got one at $20,000. had about 3 in at work the other day. dont mind em, but id still rather have a harley, and for 20grand, i could!

hunt
5th May 2006, 10:09
not bad looking bikes and they seem to pull well too.....id ride one! local zuki dealers got one at $20,000. had about 3 in at work the other day. dont mind em, but id still rather have a harley, and for 20grand, i could!

i did see a rather nice new sportster at wellington motorcycles, a 1200 super custom i think it was called, including orc just shy of 20k, dont know if youd get a new bigblock for that price though, if i had 20 grand to spend on a new bike, i'd test ride everybike in the shop, probably end up with another triumph and some change

knuckles
5th May 2006, 12:13

And in twenty years time its worth more than the original purchase price..

vs04
5th May 2006, 21:38
Maybe so but who,d be stupid enough to pay that sort of money for something that old with such a crap reputation.

sunhuntin
8th May 2006, 16:12

exactly! my old man in canada has a 1965 harley electraglide. panhead, of course. cant recall what he said he paid, but hes been offered 20grand....american. hes also got an 83 shovel with custom paint. both awesome bikes.

guy came into work the other day, said hes recently bought a 1938 harley complete with sidehack. i told him to bring it to work and id get some photos.

hunt....i wouldnt get a new one. i like the older bikes. if i couldve, i woulda bought glenns pan.

SARGE
8th May 2006, 16:37

come take it for a blast... then we'll see if it still looks funny through flattened eyeballs..

The_Dover
8th May 2006, 16:46
I've ridden it and sure it is grunty and goes ok for a Maurice Mobile but it is fuckin ugly.

If they did the same bike with a big arse M50 style headlight then it would look mean.

Dafe
8th May 2006, 16:52

Bwahahaha! Are atheist or anglican homosexuals more to your liking???

The_Dover
8th May 2006, 16:56
Finn likes any homosexuals. He's not choosy. He rides a Honda, remember.

Finn
8th May 2006, 17:02
Finn likes any homosexuals. He's not choosy. He rides a Honda, remember.

Get your bike into 2nd on Sunday?

The_Dover
8th May 2006, 17:10
Didn't need to when I passed you in first!

Dafe
8th May 2006, 17:16
Considering the K6 thou does an insane 170 in first, provided you could hang on, I'd imagine you could take most bikes in first.
Second gear is for....... other Gixxers? or maybe tweaked Homondas!

Madness
8th May 2006, 18:12

I think this thread may have been taken the wrong way. Perhaps the above statement was actually intended to be complimentary to the M109R and our friend rudi is in fact parked outside "Flesh" himself on a regular basis.

There is obviously a market for such a bike, more so in the US where the Boulevard range was developed for of course. Just another example of us lot being spoilt for choice, and manufacturers going for broader market share I s'pose.

Personally myself, if I were to buy a cruiser, I'd get a Beemer or a Harley. Depending on how decrepid my body is at that stage, coz it's a few years away yet.

Finn
8th May 2006, 18:43
Didn't need to when I passed you in first!

The only thing you passed yesterday was wind.

Mr. Peanut
8th May 2006, 19:00
Bah check this "beast" out.

Finn
8th May 2006, 19:03
Bah check this "beast" out.

Check my profile pic then come back an appologise. I would waste most KBers on the tight twisties on this.

Mr. Peanut
8th May 2006, 19:05
So? It still looks like a stegosaurus. Even has a mouth FFS. But hey I am not saying its a bad bike.

Finn
8th May 2006, 19:13
So? It still looks like a stegosaurus. Even has a mouth FFS. But hey I am not saying its a bad bike.

That mouth would eat your vintage NSR for breakfast. What's your best time from Thames to Coro Town?

Mr. Peanut
8th May 2006, 19:27
I dont know.

Thats a nice road, I wouldn't push too hard on it though, only ever done it on my scooter. I LOVE those sections where the pohutikawas come up over your head and it does a few sweepy corners and the road is so narrow it aint funny.

Can't wait to do it on my NSR.

Finn
8th May 2006, 19:33
I dont know.

Thats a nice road, I wouldn't push too hard on it though, only ever done it on my scooter. I LOVE those sections where the pohutikawas come up over your head and it does a few sweepy corners and the road is so narrow it aint funny.

Can't wait to do it on my NSR.

Grrrrrrr, you were supposed to bite! I don't own one of those scooters. It's just a nice motorbikle.

The_Dover
9th May 2006, 10:12
The only thing you passed yesterday was wind.

I must admit I did spend some time sitting behind you admiring those chicken strips. Reminded me of that KFC ad, 'cept without the nice and spicy dipping sauce.