PDA

View Full Version : Bike wrecking meet up anyone?

Motoracer
5th May 2004, 11:44
Okie, after having a browse through the forum Stuntlife, I thought, "why not?"

Are there any of yous in AKL area interested in learning or sharpening up some stunting skills?

I am terrible at organising shit so it'll just be a laid back sort of an approach to it. I'll see if I can find a venue or if you have a good one in mind, please share.

If some one manages to get hurt or what ever, we can always call an ambulence of course but I'll have a van there with a first aid kit and tools etc. If someone happens to binit, I can always transport the bike in the van (I am poor so I might ask for fuel money).

Just an idea folks.

FzerozeroT
5th May 2004, 11:58
Was thinking about the same thing last night on the ride home.

"Stunters day out"

Make no impression that it is anything other than a chance to destroy bodies and machines in an environment where there's no chance of getting a ticket. Also we wouldn't see any moaning about it ruining a sedate ride (fair enuf though).

It would probably have to be on private property, Pukekohe management wouldn't be happy with the ACC premiums!

For the same reason we couldn't even use a carpark of anyone that owns a business, then the business would be liable. So does anyone have a long wide concrete driveway?

Motoracer
5th May 2004, 12:03
The title might sound a bit too scary. Just to let you guys know. I give the highest importance to safety. For thoes who want any tips, I'll run you down with all the safety percautions that you can take to minimise the risks.

I really have no intention of putting a scratch on my baby so I'll be real carefull out there. Its up to you guys, how carefull you wana be though.

jrandom
5th May 2004, 12:06
Hell yeah, I'd be up for it.

I'll bring a can of diesel for dessert... ;)

FzerozeroT
5th May 2004, 12:09
Full body armour etc would have to be compulsory of course, just a thought though, after you are all suited up, feel the back of your knee. I've heard of footpegs making nice holes there :(

White trash
5th May 2004, 12:16
Not to be a kill-joy, but you're opening a serious can of worms here, MR.

Everybody knows I'm up for a bit of stunting but you really need a huge area with a good surface. Riders of machines such as yours need to first investigate what to do to their bikes to make them "stuntworthy" as it aint just about going to a carpark and popping a few monos.

Super low gearing is the first mod as is removing lower fairings/indicators and fitting crash bungs. tyres in good nick with around 20psi to the rear.

Riders want to wear MX style knee and elbo pads under theior clothing. On piece leathers are too restrictive for climbing all over the bike, hence the reason you see the top "yanks" stunting it up in baggy cargos, t-shirts and sand shoes.

Believe me people, this is just the tip of the iceberg. I have almost sussed a venue in Wellington to practice on weekends with PERMISSION! Yahooo!

unless you're talking about just going for a ride to a secluded spot and stopping for a few wheelies/stoppies/burnouts. Then, go mad. Just make sure you don't piss off Joe Public or the cops'll be down on you like a ton of bricks.

Motoracer
5th May 2004, 12:44
Not to be a kill-joy, but you're opening a serious can of worms here, MR.

Everybody knows I'm up for a bit of stunting but you really need a huge area with a good surface. Riders of machines such as yours need to first investigate what to do to their bikes to make them "stuntworthy" as it aint just about going to a carpark and popping a few monos.

Super low gearing is the first mod as is removing lower fairings/indicators and fitting crash bungs. tyres in good nick with around 20psi to the rear.

Riders want to wear MX style knee and elbo pads under theior clothing. On piece leathers are too restrictive for climbing all over the bike, hence the reason you see the top "yanks" stunting it up in baggy cargos, t-shirts and sand shoes.

Believe me people, this is just the tip of the iceberg. I have almost sussed a venue in Wellington to practice on weekends with PERMISSION! Yahooo!

unless you're talking about just going for a ride to a secluded spot and stopping for a few wheelies/stoppies/burnouts. Then, go mad. Just make sure you don't piss off Joe Public or the cops'll be down on you like a ton of bricks.

Firstly, Thank you. We need all the advise we can get form people who know what they are doing like yourselves.

I was planing on going fairing less and I already have the crash knobs. I won't be doing any crazy (to me) stuff. I just want to practice the basics so I can do them else where when riding normal. For this reason I am just going out there with the normal gearing. Is it easier or harder to balance on a 20psi rear once its up?

I am just going to be wearing my normal leathers because I just want to do the basics right now. Thoes who have MX gear should wear them by all means.

I'll choose the venue carefully so no worries about getting in trouble with anyone.

White trash
5th May 2004, 12:48
Firstly, Thank you. We need all the advise we can get form people who know what they are doing like yourselves.

I was planing on going fairing less and I already have the crash knobs. I won't be doing any crazy (to me) stuff. I just want to practice the basics so I can do them else where when riding normal. For this reason I am just going out there with the normal gearing. Is it easier or harder to balance on a 20psi rear once its up?

I am just going to be wearing my normal leathers because I just want to do the basics right now. Thoes who have MX gear should wear them by all means.

I'll choose the venue carefully so no worries about getting in trouble with anyone.

It's not the balance. it's the grip, especially if you want to start high chairs. The gearing is esential otherwise you're travelling around at 100kph +.

Motoracer
5th May 2004, 13:02
It's not the balance. it's the grip, especially if you want to start high chairs. The gearing is esential otherwise you're travelling around at 100kph +.

Then I'll just go with the normal psi cause I am just doing the basic stuff. I thought it was just the grip issue, thats why I asked if there was any difference once its up.

When it comes to stunts, I am still a :baby: so forget about high chairs :laugh:

Again I'll stress that I just want to practice some basic stuff and if anyone wants to join me in the process they are welcome to.

FzerozeroT
5th May 2004, 13:07
basics are all i can do, high chair on mine? dial in 11,000, pray, dump clutch, hang on.
Stand on tank? and scratch the paint? its the only paint i've got left that isn't scratched.

but would like to have someone there who can help with stuff like tyre pressures, body position etc.

need some good seating too, nothing like an audience to make people over-confident

White trash
5th May 2004, 13:11
Shit! I'd love to join you boys and girls as this could be a real hoot :Punk:

tell ya what, MR. Get your team sorted, I'll get mine and we'll have the first NZ Sportbike Stuntfest early next year. Could probably tie it in with a car/bike show.

$100 each entry fee. $500 to the winner, $200 for second and $100 for third.

I'll put up the prize money and the proceeds go to charity.

Motoracer
5th May 2004, 13:20
Shit! I'd love to join you boys and girls as this could be a real hoot :Punk:

tell ya what, MR. Get your team sorted, I'll get mine and we'll have the first NZ Sportbike Stuntfest early next year. Could probably tie it in with a car/bike show.

$100 each entry fee. $500 to the winner, $200 for second and $100 for third.

I'll put up the prize money and the proceeds go to charity.

I don't think 1 year is enough time to catch up to your skill standards :thud: At least we'll try to beat you guys for the coolest team name :bleh:

As for a realistic (kind of) compition, I am keen as for a rematch at Pukie :rockon:

White trash
5th May 2004, 13:25
I don't think 1 year is enough time to catch up to your skill standards :thud: At least we'll try to beat you guys for the coolest team name :bleh:

As for a realistic (kind of) compition, I am keen as for a rematch at Pukie :rockon:

you're dead.

name your time, tough guy :stoogie:

Give me a bit of notice though 'cause I'm still recovering from the hiding you gave me last time :killingme

k14
5th May 2004, 13:25
Just get Death Inc into your team and you will be sorted.

Motoracer
5th May 2004, 13:44
you're dead.

name your time, tough guy :stoogie:

Give me a bit of notice though 'cause I'm still recovering from the hiding you gave me last time :killingme

Yea, yea you beat me fair and square that time. I just didn't get one thing though. I don't know why you left so early just when my times were starting to improve :Pokey:

White trash
5th May 2004, 13:47
Yea, yea you beat me fair and square that time. I just didn't get one thing though. I don't know why you left so early just when my times were starting to improve :Pokey:

Just that, wanted to retire as undefeated.

It's all about forward thinking, sunshine!

Old age and treachery beat youth and skill every time!

DEATH_INC.
5th May 2004, 14:01
Just get Death Inc into your team and you will be sorted.

Have you got a 5km long stuntstrip? :bleh: (I don't think they'll close the southern for US....)
Sounds like fun MR,I need to work on my stoppies though :eek5: Let us know when and I'll get Sam along too......
BTW,Draco is a trained paramedic so as long as she can come(if she's not studying) along that'll help with the injury side of things :doctor:

Motoracer
5th May 2004, 14:10
Have you got a 5km long stuntstrip? :bleh: (I don't think they'll close the southern for US....)
Sounds like fun MR,I need to work on my stoppies though :eek5: Let us know when and I'll get Sam along too......
BTW,Draco is a trained paramedic so as long as she can come(if she's not studying) along that'll help with the injury side of things :doctor:

WOOHOOO! this sounds awesome! I'll have a mate or two comming along as well. With JRandom and you guys, this sounds like fun for sure!! Let me know what time best suits you guys.

Any interested spectators are wellcome to come for a watch. Don't forget to bring them digi cams if you have them :msn-wink:

jrandom
5th May 2004, 14:32
Draco is a trained paramedic

Bugger that. I want a Suzuki mechanic, a MIG welder and a roll of duct tape.

DEATH_INC.
5th May 2004, 14:42
WOOHOOO! this sounds awesome! I'll have a mate or two comming along as well. With JRandom and you guys, this sounds like fun for sure!! Let me know what time best suits you guys.

Any interested spectators are wellcome to come for a watch. Don't forget to bring them digi cams if you have them :msn-wink:

Most weekends are good for me....

Ghost Lemur
5th May 2004, 16:20
Where's the ChCh crew???

Damn it WT, between the group rides you organize and now the stunting you're making the thought of moving back to Wellington a very tempting idea.

Yes I know I don't have a bike yet. But I'll be more than happy to pinch the gf's new digital vid camera and do up some vids. Maybe in exchange for a (non-stunting) ride on someone's baby. ;) :D

White trash
5th May 2004, 16:27
Kind words, Ghost L but this one's all Motoracers BBQ.

I'm getting my own shit sorted well before inviting other punters to injure themselves. Any time you are in Wgtn though, let me know and for sure we'll get you a ride on a bike. :niceone:

Once you do get a bike, you'll find the Chch scene alive and kicking on the streets rather than online talking BS with the rest of us. :msn-wink:

aff-man
5th May 2004, 16:34
I'll come along. Been practicing stoppies but i will be keen to be photo guy if needed

Motoracer
5th May 2004, 16:40
We'll most probably make it this Sunday then. If its a success, we can have other similar meets in the future.

I am still thinking hard for the place where we can go. I know of one place but I gotta get it checked out for cops etc.

Does anyone know of any good spots? Its gotta be BIG. As WT said, wheelie atempts on bigger bikes will easily hit 100+

Big Dog
5th May 2004, 16:45
I'll come along. Been practicing stoppies but i will be keen to be photo guy if needed
Love to see the show, but not interested in stunting myself anymore..... those who live below the poverty line should not try unneccesary life threatening activities on a bike they cannot afford to insure which is incidentaly their only mode of transport.

Used to, loved it. Oh to be back on a student income with student out goings.

Motoracer
5th May 2004, 16:54

Will be cool to have you there. I am sure there will be someone there to take photos when you want to join in yourself.

Love to see the show.

Cool, so we'll see you there then.

P.S. If the thought of too many people make you (I am talking about anyone) nervious, try not to think about it. We are (at least I am) going there to learn and have fun.

White trash
5th May 2004, 17:00
Remind people not participating to park their bikes well the fuck away from the action. Funny as it looks on video, having some clown wheelie into your pride and joy, I'm sure, can put a serious damper on your day.

probably stating the obvious but when people just start showing up and a bit of adreniline starts flowing, it's the simple things that get forgotten. :doh:

erik
5th May 2004, 17:52
This sunday!? I'd love to come and watch, but it depends on whether I'm busy working on my bike or not (depends how long it takes). I've got a digicam that I'd bring if I came.
I'd like to try wheelies and stoppies, but like Big Dog I can't afford to damage my only mode of transport, being a broke student. So if I'm there, I'll be a spectator :).

Big Dog
5th May 2004, 18:08
Oh and if Any one wants a camera person I can operate your camera as long as I get a copy?

Two Smoker
5th May 2004, 18:18
Ill be there on sunday :niceone: i need do do some big work on my rolling stoppies after being off the bike so long :disapint: Also my wheelies, i start to drop my nuts when i get close to the balancing point:disapint: ah well thats what practice is for :niceone:

phase
5th May 2004, 21:39
I'm keen as a bean. Can't pop a mono to save myself, but I'll come and have a watch / laugh.

Now the 5 dollar question: Where?

Cajun
6th May 2004, 07:48
bugger i am coming to auckland on saturday and ralgan sunday )c:<

Motoracer
6th May 2004, 09:20
I checked out my primary location and it was no good. It was too small.

I know of one long stretch of road in an industrial area. On Sundays it’s quite deserted. I have done my race bike testings there and some other mates of mine have done wheelie practices there. So far, we haven't had any problems. It is also away from roads that go anywhere so its out of sight from any unwanted attention.

I think it'll be quite good and I'll take thoes who are coming after meeting up in another location.

Still, if someone knows of a really good spot, PLEASE TELL US!

So far the plan is to meet @ Caltex Penrose @ 10:00 hrs. I will take you guys to the spot. If there are any problems once we reach our designated area of stunting, plan B can be a ride to wherever the majority decides to go after that.

Caltex Penrose is located at 682 Gt South Road (next to the roundabout), Penrose.

Disclaimer: I am taking the risk of damaging my bike, injuring myself and getting fined or arrested by the police. Should you decide to participate in this event, you will be expected to take these risks on your own account.

FzerozeroT
6th May 2004, 10:10
Disclaimer: I am taking the risk of damaging my bike, injuring myself and getting fined or arrested by the police. Should you decide to participate in this event, you will be expected to take these risks on your own account.

What 'event' ;) but say I was at caltex penrose about 10am and some other bikers were there I might tag along for an (unorganised) leisurely sunday cruise.

Drunken Monkey
6th May 2004, 11:24
Your best bet is probably to rent Meremere for a day...Long, straight, flat, closed. It's about $1000 for the day - I posted somewhere else before when my memory was in better condition :sick:

Hope this 'spot' isn't one of the old boy-racer spots...lots of the quiet ones (back of East Tamaki) have 'instant fines if you're here without good reason' signs posted all over them. Probably technically not legal, but I haven't the time, money or inclination to fight something like that in court. The rest are somewhat 'busy' (ie Te irirangi drv, Wiri station rd, Neilson St)

Motoracer
6th May 2004, 11:46
Your best bet is probably to rent Meremere for a day...Long, straight, flat, closed. It's about $1000 for the day - I posted somewhere else before when my memory was in better condition :sick:

Hope this 'spot' isn't one of the old boy-racer spots...lots of the quiet ones (back of East Tamaki) have 'instant fines if you're here without good reason' signs posted all over them. Probably technically not legal, but I haven't the time, money or inclination to fight something like that in court. The rest are somewhat 'busy' (ie Te irirangi drv, Wiri station rd, Neilson St)

Nope, its not one of them spots. Its really quiet and no pesky boyracers have been known to go there. I hope no one will be doing any word spreading of this place because I like it the way it is and I am only willing to share it with fellow bikers. According to my calculations, the length is just over 600m which makes it very similar in length with Meremere anyway.

FzerozeroT
6th May 2004, 12:09
Is there a "lookout point" and some getaway routes?

Motoracer
6th May 2004, 12:21
Is there a "lookout point" and some getaway routes?

I'll explain the area when I get home tonight.

DEATH_INC.
6th May 2004, 12:47
Sounds good MR,even if a little short notice......Hopefully make it though...

Wenier
6th May 2004, 12:53
Where's the ChCh crew???

Hey mate im now gonna b part of the Wgtn/ChCh crew since im in blenheim obviously id have to get a ferry to wgtn if im gonna do stuff up there but yea ill try get out there wit anyone.

Motoracer
6th May 2004, 20:20
I have attached a small map to give you guys an idea of the layout of the area. The Pink bit is our chosen stunt strip. As you can see there are no escape routes. However I think it is fairly safe given the clever shape of the road, we can remain unseen from the main road.

Edit: Map has been removed for security concerns.

Drunken Monkey
6th May 2004, 22:54
I have attached a small map to give you guys an idea of the layout of the area. The Pink bit is our chosen stunt strip. As you can see there are no escape routes. However I think it is fairly safe given the clever shape of the road, we can remain unseen from the main road.

hmmmm...cul-de-sac...bad...no get away road if the cops do decide to bust it up...not that I've done any illegal street racing before *cough*...

aff-man
7th May 2004, 10:58
Bugger i am in christchurch this weekend but will come to the next one :2thumbsup

Coldkiwi
7th May 2004, 12:09
hmm.. dunno if I can make 10am sunday although i do have a rear tyre that I'm happy to destroy!

FROSTY
7th May 2004, 12:10
I checked out my primary location and it was no good. It was too small.

I know of one long stretch of road in an industrial area. On Sundays it’s quite deserted. I have done my race bike testings there and some other mates of mine have done wheelie practices there. So far, we haven't had any problems. It is also away from roads that go anywhere so its out of sight from any unwanted attention.

I think it'll be quite good and I'll take thoes who are coming after meeting up in another location.

Still, if someone knows of a really good spot, PLEASE TELL US!

So far the plan is to meet @ Caltex Penrose @ 10:00 hrs. I will take you guys to the spot. If there are any problems once we reach our designated area of stunting, plan B can be a ride to wherever the majority decides to go after that.

Caltex Penrose is located at 682 Gt South Road (next to the roundabout), Penrose.

Hey um er not wanting to sound like a dick but
Maybee take the location map OFF of a publicly available forum would be a good idea-There may be up official type people reading this .
I'd pm all those showing interest -otherwise the event might stop before it begins .

Motoracer
7th May 2004, 12:21
Hey um er not wanting to sound like a dick but
Maybee take the location map OFF of a publicly available forum would be a good idea-There may be up official type people reading this .
I'd pm all those showing interest -otherwise the event might stop before it begins .

I thought of that, thats Why I had heavily edited the surrounding area, roads and names of any sort. I may have even mirrored the image or rotated it around so I think the chance of a a bust up is non-existant (I am not challanging any of you gifted IT people out there so please don't try)

Anyway, its taken off because of the security concern.

Thank you for the sujestion.

Andrew
7th May 2004, 12:52
I thought of that, thats Why I had heavily edited the surrounding area, roads and names of any sort. I may have even mirrored the image or rotated it around so I think the chance of a a bust up is non-existant (I am not challanging any of you gifted IT people out there so please don't try)

Anyway, its taken off because of the security concern.

Thank you for the sujestion.

Fair enough mate, we'll have to let FF give us access to the airport runway!!

Motoracer
7th May 2004, 13:21
Fair enough mate, we'll have to let FF give us access to the airport runway!!

That was the first place I thought of :eek:

You could have fun dodging big jumbos as they try to land and take off. You could also do a wheelie next to them and pretend that you are going to take off as well. Oh and don't forget to do the classic Top Gun move (that was such a cool movie).

Two Smoker
7th May 2004, 14:48
there is a mint road right next to the runway where the police do speed checks on speed cameras and laser guns, but i think it is highly unlikely to happen:( well im still up for it as long as the bike is ready, maybe we should hire out Meremere one day do some 1/4's and stunts...... but we need heaps of people to go......

Two Smoker
7th May 2004, 15:14
Just rang up colemans and bike wont be ready until next week :( they are searching for new powervalves..... man my bike is always in the fucking shop when the fun stuff is happening :weep:

Motoracer
7th May 2004, 15:18
Damn! Come out for a watch if ya want. If this one is a success, we'll have others in the future with more people so don't worry.

Firefight
7th May 2004, 15:26
[QUOTE=Two Smoker]there is a mint road right next to the runway where the police do speed checks on speed cameras and laser guns, but i think it is highly unlikely to happen:

"" Cold day in Hell" springs to mind, You were joking wern't you TS ?

I think in the end hiring a place will be the answer !, how long does the road/track have to be ?

Firefight :wacko:

Two Smoker
7th May 2004, 15:39
Yeah F/F i was joking LOL (although im sure you have taken the R6 for a blat along there :shifty: ) Yea i reakon that is the answer, i mean if they let drifters onto Puke surely they will let a bunch of bikers do stunts as well?????

Otherwise Meremere......

Yeah MR, i guess ill take the cage, but ill wear leathers to blend in..... :shifty:

Motoracer
7th May 2004, 15:53
Stunts don't just mean long wheelies or drag races (I wasn't planing on a drag race anyway). A large skid pad, approximately 100M/100M would have actually been better for fooling around. Meremere would be cool for pros to do their stuff one by one as they take off from the start line. However, I was talking more about just fooling around and learning in a large area. I think this this kind of enviroment would be better for people to do their own thang and learn at their own pace.

Just the way I saw it anyway.

Two Smoker
7th May 2004, 15:58
Yeah thats what i was thinking (ill be lucky to get into 2nd gear while popping the wheel) but New Zealand doesnt have a skid pan (fucking stupid really) damn its going to be hard for you to find a place (cos im out of ideas..... :( )

FROSTY
7th May 2004, 15:59
has anyone thought of the best place possible--Legal too
What about hiring runway 3 at whenuapai airbase. :2thumbsup Its like solid concrete slab-wide as and not being used.
It would take a bit of organising but has HUUGE advantages over other venues :rockon:

FROSTY
7th May 2004, 16:19
If you guys wanna see some darn cool stunts get BIKER BOYZ out on dvd--the storyline is crap but the stunts are pretty darn good.

Motoracer
7th May 2004, 16:19
What about hiring runway 3 at whenuapai airbase. :2thumbsup Its like solid concrete slab-wide as and not being used.
It would take a bit of organising but has HUUGE advantages over other venues :rockon:

Slob was telling me about it but I forgot. We'll see how it goes in the future. We'll need lots of big stars for that one though. It can't be just a Sunday muckabout day on bikes.

FROSTY
7th May 2004, 16:30
why not?? heck -best way--learn a few stunts then carry on from there

Motoracer
7th May 2004, 16:33
why not?? heck -best way--learn a few stunts then carry on from there

Just cause of the money that might be involved in hireing the place (I am assuming things here :confused: )

Drunken Monkey
7th May 2004, 16:44
Just rang up colemans and bike wont be ready until next week :( they are searching for new powervalves..... man my bike is always in the fucking shop when the fun stuff is happening :weep:

I hear you man, I hear you...

White trash
7th May 2004, 16:58
I hear you man, I hear you...

I'm trying, I'm trying!

Just trade the bastard. I happen to know where there's a mint GSXR600K3 :shifty:

sAsLEX
7th May 2004, 21:51
what is up with ardmore these days??

Coldkiwi
8th May 2004, 14:54
busiest freakin stretch of tarmac in New Zealand!! Probably got more traffic on it than the southern motorway... unless that control tower debarcal as scared everyone off?

Big Dog
8th May 2004, 17:37
If you guys wanna see some darn cool stunts get BIKER BOYZ out on dvd--the storyline is crap but the stunts are pretty darn good.
The stunts in the extras are better as they are just the real deal jamming. :eek5:

Big Dog
8th May 2004, 17:39
FARK!!! I have to work!

If any one is taping I will aleviate a copy quite happily. If it is good enough footage I may even donate towards your costs :whistle:

wkid_one
8th May 2004, 17:47
It would take a bit of organising but has HUUGE advantages over other venues :rockon:Paraparaumu has a closed runway also - it is used exclusively for driver training - you might want to try there also

Two Smoker
8th May 2004, 19:35
Hey MR is it still on???????

Motoracer
9th May 2004, 01:10
Yep its still on.

I am not sure if this area will be free or not later this morning. I just went there and checked it out and it looks all good. If you want to come just for a watch, please keep in mind that it might still be called off tomorrow for what ever reason when we reach there. If this happens, the rest of us will just go for a ride.

See yous who are comming in approx 8:45 mins.... 8.45mins??? fuck!! I still haven't done shit too my bike! Guess I'll be wakeing up in 4 hours then getting the race fairings off, putting road gear on etc. :thud:

DEATH_INC.
9th May 2004, 08:07
I'll be there,and Draco (bring yer own bandages etc....) and I've got a mate that does some motorsport photography coming too (as long as he doesn't wimp out last minute....).should be fun.....

Motoracer
9th May 2004, 17:56
I finally made it on time! Couldn't belive it. Met up with Death, Draco, Brockhaus, Erik plus a few of my other non KB mates.

Waited till about 10:25. Still half the stunters were no where to be found! JR, Fzero, CK? Where were ya??

Headed off to the chosen location. Unloaded my bike from the van and rode it for the fist time after the track day (I know, I know, excusess have already begun...). I tried what I could but shit it was hard. 1) I really should have gotten used to the power before trying wheelies. 2, having 3-4 cameras and a few people watching definetly makes you nervous. After having a few gos, I decided it was enough and I'd save the bike for the ride after.

Any way, after my amature run, Death fires up his beasty 7fiddy and yup, The real show began. :Punk:

F-ing Stand up wheelies, One foot (as in the one leg not the height) stand up wheelies. This guy was unstopable! He even snuck in a one handed standup wheelie in there (I think it was a standup). Then he did some pretty cool burnouts too. :niceone:

I let him have a go on my 6hundy and the wheelies were just as good to watch. Its quite a feeling to watch your bike go flying past on one wheel (hmmm, may that could be me one day... maybe...)

Me and a few other mates mucked about on the FXR and 400 etc. Brockhaus even managed to lift up the front wheel on his mamoth TDM850 :shit:

As the nice guys who did the photography left, they did some mean burnouts in their cage as well.

After all the excitment, we decided to go for a ride down SH22. Got as far as Hunua then all things turned pear shaped (as you guys say). The guy I was following lost it on some heavy UNMARKED :angry2: gravel. It was fairly low speed so not much damage was done to bike and the rider was sweet. As we were helping him up, we noticed that we were one guy short. Sure enough that guy had lost it 1 corner back. He too was fine and the bike wasn't too bad either.

Half the party now turned back. We stopped at the petrol station to help fix some leak in the radiator of one of the bikes. We prolly spent nearly 30mins there. I had to go back to work so after all these stops I unfortunatly had to turn back.

It was a good trial I reckon. If more people actually turn up next time, it would be much better. Death mate, good thing you came otherwise all the guys would be strangeling me with my poor stunting skills lol. Too bad we couldn't really go on a ride either but theres always next time (next weekend?)

Thanx for comming along guys, see ya.

DEATH_INC.
9th May 2004, 20:33
Sweet as mate! Had a ball,lotsa fun....you gonna post up some pics or you want me to?

Andrew
9th May 2004, 20:52
Hey sounds like you guys had fun! :niceone:

I spent the day with KK's old 323 at Meremere drags. Fastest run was 19.47, a mockery but all good fun!!

Saw a Hyabusa doing 11s, going at over 220k's at the finish line. :shit:

I think I may take the 250 down some time. :banana:

Motoracer
9th May 2004, 22:24
Sweet as mate! Had a ball,lotsa fun....you gonna post up some pics or you want me to?

The stupid dial up 56k modem was taking for ever. I'll just have to download it at work then post it here after editing any clues of the location and licence plate numbers etc.

I spent the day with KK's old 323 at Meremere drags. Fastest run was 19.47, a mockery but all good fun!!

Andrew, you got a 19.47? You didn't manage to get passed by old ladies riding mopeds did ya? :killingme

Na, jokes bro. You should bring that video around next weekend to the party. I'll bring my "jump" one as well. Should be worth a few laughs.

FzerozeroT
10th May 2004, 07:15
sorry, had family shit to do. real killer too cause I have a rear that is going to be changed this weekend for track day on sunday. I'll get some video & photo's though.

Drunken Monkey
10th May 2004, 09:21
I'm trying, I'm trying!

Just trade the bastard. I happen to know where there's a mint GSXR600K3 :shifty:

Hey! You weren't supposed to see that snide comment!

Drunken Monkey
10th May 2004, 09:24

Bro...that's not much slower than my old Supra was!

Do take it down to the track, it's loads of fun and usually only costs $20. Haven't the new gixxer there yet...the old one was running 12s - new tyres, slippery track...

Good place to practice your burnouts too :)

jrandom
10th May 2004, 09:45
JR, Fzero, CK? Where were ya??

Really sorry mate. Just couldn't get out. I knew on Saturday I wouldn't be able to come, I really should have posted here or PM'd you. D'oh. I feel bad now :weep:

Sounds like Death gave you a good show though. Well done. Wish I coulda bin there.

How'd the FXR wheelie attempts go?

Motoracer
10th May 2004, 09:53
Thats cool guys, just try to make it to the next one if you can. I'll let yous know when.

Even though I knew it was just a practice/mucking about day, I got nervous infront of the cameras/people and choked big time. One wheelie might have been O.K. on the FXR but yea, nothing spectacular. You'll have to put on a show for us next time JR :Punk:

Motoracer
10th May 2004, 11:22
Here are some of the pics. I'll put the rest of them in here later on tonight.

I bet it was bloody hard work burning up that sticky super corsa.

DEATH_INC.
10th May 2004, 13:30

The 12 usta run mid tens @ about 227kph.....Wheelies/grip always a prob....

MR I went over the pics and took out all the plates and names/numbers off the buildings....

Motoracer
10th May 2004, 13:37
MR I went over the pics and took out all the plates and names/numbers off the buildings....

Sweet! Post away then if you like.

erik
10th May 2004, 14:03
I turned up to watch in my dad's car, because my bike was in bits. I've gotta say watching you guys try wheelies and stuff makes me want to give it a go too.
I'm just worried about damaging the bike, since I'm tight for cash, being a student.

Here's a couple of photos I took. I mostly took short videos (the camera can only do about 15 seconds at a time). I don't know how to blurr identifying stuff in the videos, so I guess I can't put the online anywhere.

Two Smoker
10th May 2004, 14:13
Well i did turn up, but at the wrong time :doh: And then for my efforts i got a ticket :( oh well it was only 65 so $80 fine, and i was speeding, and the cop was good about it :niceone: Definately count me in for the next one :niceone: Then we can hear my new powervalves hehehe

Motoracer
10th May 2004, 14:28
Well i did turn up, but at the wrong time :doh: And then for my efforts i got a ticket :( oh well it was only 65 so $80 fine, and i was speeding, and the cop was good about it :niceone: Definately count me in for the next one :niceone: Then we can hear my new powervalves hehehe

Sorry to hear that :( Next time I'll remember to put in a remark saying "Thoes who are comming, PM me for my celly no."

k14
10th May 2004, 14:32
Nice stuff guys. Gave me some inspiration and i decided try my first stoppie yesterday.

Came up nicely, it felt pretty high, but was probably only 6 inches or so. But was fun anyway, will have to try a few more sometime.

Wouldn't mind a few vids to watch.

Two Smoker
10th May 2004, 14:53
Nice stuff guys. Gave me some inspiration and i decided try my first stoppie yesterday.

Came up nicely, it felt pretty high, but was probably only 6 inches or so. But was fun anyway, will have to try a few more sometime.

Wouldn't mind a few vids to watch.
Just wait till you get it a good 1-2 feet of the ground you feel like you going to go over the bars LOL :wacko: :crazy:

No worries MR :niceone: but ill definately be there next time :niceone: but ill probably get stage fright too :crazy:

Drunken Monkey
10th May 2004, 20:01
Just wait till you get it a good 1-2 feet of the ground you feel like you going to go over the bars LOL

Same with wheelies - a little steering wobble and an easy touch down - you're probably the only one that noticed it...when you can't see anything but sky infront and tarmac in the mirrors, then you know you're up.