PDA

View Full Version : Rear shock adjust cbr250rr

djleigh
2nd May 2006, 11:14
Please help.

which way do you turn the adjustment thing on the rear shock to make it harder and which side of the bike should u be on to make the adjustment because I feel when i sit on the bike it seems a bit soft but im a noob to this so not sure any info would be good.

thanks in advance. :(

Postie
2nd May 2006, 11:28
you can buy a special tool designed for turning the spring tensioner, or get something long and hard and hammer it till it turns. You will see on both sides, numbers from 1-7, 1 is soft, 7 is hard. From memory, you should see some indicator pointing to what setting it is on and it will be the same both sides. It will be the easiest number to see and should be obvious. Check both sides, if yours is soft, its probably on 3, maybe 4 depending. If you get the special tool, try putting it up one at a time to get the best feel.
If you weigh around 80kg's, i would say at least #5. 90kgs #6 and anything more #7.

of course you will be the best judge depending how you want the bike to feel.

djleigh
2nd May 2006, 11:36
hey thanks iv got that tool it was under the pillion seat in a bag looks like a c with a handle on it well i think thats the tool

Postie
2nd May 2006, 11:48
hey thanks iv got that tool it was under the pillion seat in a bag looks like a c with a handle on it well i think thats the tool
yep, thats the one.
adjust it whilst NOT sitting on the bike.

WRT
2nd May 2006, 11:56
That's one bloody shiny CBR by the way . . .

djleigh
2nd May 2006, 12:34
thanks not any more though been in the rain needs wash and polish