PDA

View Full Version : HELP! - Best tyre for Street Magic

Street Gerbil
2nd May 2006, 13:24
Dear friends,
Does anybody know anything about CEAT tyres for the Street Magic? Are they any good? I was trying to obtain a new Bridgestone, but Colemans' claim they don't have it and that CEAT (which they claim is a Pirelli SL26 copycat) "is good enough for a 50cc" (they are the experts but it sounds like a pile of BS to me). I am more than a little worried about having an unfamiliar tyre on my bike and even more so about having a mix'n'match since SUZUKI manual specifically warns against that. Besides Pirellis look more like racetrack tyres than anything else and I would rather prefer a tyre with better traction, especially on wet surfaces.
So here are the questions for you street magicians out here:
a) Are CEAT tyres any good?
b) What is the best alternative?
c) Where can I get a Bridgestone for the rear wheel?
Thank you!
V.

vtec
2nd May 2006, 15:49
Check out Cycletreads on Sir Barry's Pt Road, they are probably the best tyre supplier around. I know nothing about CEAT, and if Bridgestones are still cheap and you ride it pretty hard, I'd definitely go for the better tyre.

MrMelon
2nd May 2006, 16:13
Give cycletreads a call. Can't remember the brand but they got me a Rio tyre to go on the front for $60 delivered to welly. My street magic doesn't have a particularly easy life, but the new tyre seems to be just as grippy as the Bridgestone it replaced and a fair bit cheaper. I'm still on the original rear it came with a year and a half ago and there's still plenty of life in it.

Finn
2nd May 2006, 16:15
I've got Rio's front and back on mine. It had old BS on it when I got it and I don't notice any difference.