PDA

View Full Version : Cops Playing games

Freakshow
4th May 2006, 10:05
Last night on my way into Wellington I going down the Motorway and a cop in front turned the lights on and slowed down to 10kph and swerved all over the road blocking us up behind him. We crawled along like this for about 5minutes :wait: he then turned the lights off and took off. There was nothing on the road all the way to newlands no pulled over cars, broken barriers nothing????

Guy must have been on a power trip.
:angry:

James Deuce
4th May 2006, 10:09
It's called a rolling block and there is always a reason for it.

Call your local police station and ask. That will remove the conspiracy theory component of the argument, and you can take the tinfoil hat off.

Da Bird
4th May 2006, 10:12
Didn't you know that's the easiest and quickest way to piss a couple of hundred people off at once??? (Coz we really don't have anything else to do.)

Maha
4th May 2006, 10:12
Yeah there was more likely something on the road that another cop had remove, when whatever that thing was he gave the all clear to the cop in charge of the rolling block and he let you guys go on your merry way

Motu
4th May 2006, 10:14
Oh boy,there's always someone to blame....

There was something else happening ahead - could of been a mad gunman shooting at every bike he saw...oh,but then we could blame someone else for that.I've seen the rolling block several times,but figured they were doing their job and thought I hope they get it sorted...

NC
4th May 2006, 10:15
whoa:gob: .... Good one sledge :msn-wink:

Paul in NZ
4th May 2006, 10:23
Man... I heard through my friend (his ol lady works with the mistress of the guy that hid the baton used in that incident man) that they were up the road burying the bodies from a crashed spacecraft that did a runner. They were chasing it for an not displaying a current rego sticker I think... Those cops man.. They are evil man... evil I tells ya!

ManDownUnder
4th May 2006, 10:26
they were up the road burying the bodies from a crashed spacecraft that did a runner. They were chasing it for an not displaying a current rego sticker I think... Those cops man.. They are evil man... evil I tells ya!

You are so full of shit - they were EATING them.. not burying them

Jees - get you facts right LMAO!!!!!!!

MSTRS
4th May 2006, 10:29
I heard it was because Helen's motorcade was late....

Postie
4th May 2006, 10:35
hahaha...

hey, he was probably just showing his mate how everyone drives on Aucklands Southern Motorway after 3.30 each day

Paul in NZ
4th May 2006, 11:12
You are so full of shit - they were EATING them.. not burying them

Jees - get you facts right LMAO!!!!!!!

No way dude... You gotta bury em first to soften em up! Eating them fresh? eeeeyewww! Thats sick man!

Them cops are ghouls man...

GR81
4th May 2006, 11:14
Didn't you know that's the easiest and quickest way to piss a couple of hundred people off at once??? (Coz we really don't have anything else to do.)
the rumours arent true then?
crap! :( haha

ManDownUnder
4th May 2006, 11:15
No way dude... You gotta bury em first to soften em up! Eating them fresh? eeeeyewww! Thats sick man!

Them cops are ghouls man...

actually you're right (sorry - I lost the recipe book at a copper kill cook off a while ago)

Sniper
4th May 2006, 11:19
Damn police playing games, keeping our roads safe instead of solving burglaries or shooting watermelons

FROSTY
4th May 2006, 11:21
OHh FFS cant the cops have some fun in life??
You guys have it all wrong--the eye in the sky told the cop that one particular biker was on the road so set out to make him late for work deliberately

R6_kid
4th May 2006, 11:24
hahaha...

hey, he was probably just showing his mate how everyone drives on Aucklands Southern Motorway after 3.30 each day

i'm with postie on this, but he forgot that they also do it between 8-9am and 5-7pm aswell.

Lou Girardin
4th May 2006, 13:34
He was warming his tyres because someone said madboy was on his way

SwanTiger
4th May 2006, 14:01
Last night on my way into Wellington I going down the Motorway and a cop in front turned the lights on and slowed down to 10kph and swerved all over the road blocking us up behind him. We crawled along like this for about 5minutes :wait: he then turned the lights off and took off. There was nothing on the road all the way to newlands no pulled over cars, broken barriers nothing????

Guy must have been on a power trip.
:angry:

Can you please confirm if this is an honest post or a piss take? If it is an honest post, you deserve red rep and I will ablige accordingly.

Maha
4th May 2006, 14:09
You prick Swanny...............:laugh: bet Freakshow wish's he cut off his fingers this morning................:laugh:

Paul in NZ
4th May 2006, 14:44
Can you please confirm if this is an honest post or a piss take? If it is an honest post, you deserve red rep and I will ablige accordingly.

Who cares, I just want to get to 3K posts... :innocent:

madboy
4th May 2006, 15:58
He was warming his tyres because someone said madboy was on his wayLast rolling block didn't work, why would this one? Shit, any cop car would need to warm it's motor not it's tyres. They can corner and brake plenty fast enough, it's the extra 400m that the bike puts on them every time you give it a twist in a straight line that they have trouble with.

In all seriousness, for once I'm on the cops side here, it's probably a legit police maneouvre to remove an obstruction from the mway. Now if they can just remove those other four-wheeled obstructions that slow me down (a little) during my daily commute...

justsomeguy
4th May 2006, 16:16
OK, don't hate me for this, but it was me, I stole the cage and was trying to drive. As you know I'm not the most co-ordinated on the road and was having trouble braking and countersteering.

Everytime I tried to brake I set the indicators off and because I didn't want to alert people I followed the direction of the indicators.

I finally sorted myself out when I called Madboy as he has expert knowledge in how HP cars work and then I managed to drive away.

Freakshow
4th May 2006, 16:59

Yes its an honest post, as since when does it take 2 cop cars to clear crap off the road at 1130 at night on a long straight section of motorway when there is bugger all traffic. Sounds like a bit of an over kill!

And if it was more than crap on the road we all know there would be a scene.

madboy
4th May 2006, 17:15
Yeah, but there are certain OSH regulations and whatnot, and why risk the life of a cop to clear up whatever they were clearing up, when you can plonk another car a bit further down the road and remove the risk completely. Cars come up on you REAL quick when you're standing in the middle of a 100k zone, and there's no guarantee the cars are paying the attention that you or I might. Love 'em or hate 'em, cops are a rarity, no need to put them to anymore risk than they need to, let alone the panel damage that a cop would do to the car that hit them. Gotta save some for chasing me!!

Two Smoker
4th May 2006, 17:21
Yes its an honest post, as since when does it take 2 cop cars to clear crap off the road at 1130 at night on a long straight section of motorway when there is bugger all traffic. Sounds like a bit of an over kill!

No over kill there... Would you want to be on the motorway when all of a sudden some wanker on a bike comes around at 200 plus and cleans you up??? But at least it was an honest post :niceone:

madboy
4th May 2006, 17:28
...when all of a sudden some wanker on a bike comes around at 200 plus ...People do that on public roads? Holy shit!! And here I was believing LTNZ that you died at 111k.

SPman
4th May 2006, 17:43
Its a technique used quite frequently on the Auckland motorways and bridge. Guess us Auckland guys are just used to it...........

Smorg
4th May 2006, 17:45
They were playing cops and robbers

Madness
4th May 2006, 17:53
it was probably an animal of some kind. You wouldn't want to encounter a Horse on the wrong side of a blind bend at 120k now, would you?.

On the other hand, it might have been a practice run, maybe Police College are filming still (TV2, after 10-7) then I'd be pissed.

justsomeguy
4th May 2006, 17:59
it was probably an animal of some kind. You wouldn't want to encounter a Horse on the wrong side of a blind bend at 120k now, would you?.

On the other hand, it might have been a practice run, maybe Police College are filming still (TV2, after 10-7) then I'd be pissed.

I was thinking Possum......

But I prefer the Alien burial story :yes:

Lou Girardin
5th May 2006, 08:17

You try it at night on your own. If you survive, you can criticise.

Paul in NZ
5th May 2006, 08:42
it was probably an animal of some kind. You wouldn't want to encounter a Horse on the wrong side of a blind bend at 120k now, would you?..

Take it from me folks... You really really would NOT want to run into a horse... Big solid buggers... Really big, REALLY solid

Kendog
5th May 2006, 09:33
Seems that the coppers are hanging out in Newlands quite a bit lately. I was heading past Newlands school yesterday with the kids I look after and was shown the side of the road after been radar-ed by a cop and five of his buddys.
Why it takes six cops to clock people and pull them over and ask them stupid questions like, "Do you know why you were stopped? What is your occupation? and the best, Is there any reason why you were doing 1 km over the speed limit?" Well, um, probably because you have decided to click people coming down a bloody hill, twat.
Sorry, just a little peeved still at getting a ticket for doing 1km faster than the car in front of me and the six cars up my ass!! :angry: Just as well I had impressional ears in the car, otherwise I would have said something that would've gotten me a heftier fine! :shutup: Even the kids said as we fled the scene, "That cop was a dick!" :yes: :gob:

Indoo
5th May 2006, 09:42
Its not like they have publicised it enuff, outside a school or near a school and you will get done for 5km over the limit. 1kmh over the limit though, did you really get ticketed for doing 51khm an hour?

I don't really understand why people think the speed limits don't apply to hills etc either, the reasons (like them or not) ie reaction time/stopping distance which would actually be greater and the damage you do if you hit someone are the same.

Lou Girardin
5th May 2006, 09:46
Its not like they have publicised it enuff, outside a school or near a school and you will get done for 5km over the limit. 1kmh over the limit though, did you really get ticketed for doing 51khm an hour?

I don't really understand why people think the speed limits don't apply to hills etc either, the reasons (like them or not) ie reaction time/stopping distance which would actually be greater and the damage you do if you hit someone are the same.

Not to mention the 'shooting fish in a barrel' syndrome.

Kendog
5th May 2006, 09:56

Actually, I hadn't heard anything about the school speed limit thing, don't get time to watch much t.v, listen to the radio or read the newspaper, so excuse my ignorance! So, no, I didn't realise that doing over 55 was a mortal sin! Now if I was doing 60 (which by the way I wouldn't in a 50km zone), I could understand. I know they are doing their job, but still couldn't understand why it needed six of them there, surely there is someone doing 200kmph on their bike or a boy racer somewhere they could be doing over.

marty
5th May 2006, 10:01
they need 6 cause kiwis have such little respect for the speeds they are travelling outside the schools where the children they apparantley love so much are moving around, that all 6 will will be meaningfully employed. and they ask most people if they know why they've been stopped because most of the time that person has no idea how fast they were going.

and yes, doing over 50 outside a school is a mortal sin. the speed limit is 50, not 50 + 10%, so you're lucky to get that tolerance.

i suppose you think that the speed limit past a stopped school bus letting off children is unreasonable too?

why didn't you have the balls to tell your kids that you got a ticket for speeding, and that it was your fault, instead of laying the blame onto the cop for picking/being unreasonable on you?

Kendog
5th May 2006, 10:14
Actually I did tell the kids I was doing just over the speed limit, I don't have balls, and I don't happen to love kids. I knew I should have kept this to myself, being a public forum and all, and not actually being allowed an opinion or to have a little bitch about something.:shutup: I mean, I know of course that nobody here EVER goes over the speed limit! That's why we all ride 50CC scooters.
Anyway, I'm not excusing the fact that I'm a complete bitch for doing the same speed as everyone else, I'll pay my $40 ticket so six cops can stand on the side of the road and watch all the high school girls walk past.
Mrs.

Indoo
5th May 2006, 10:45
Time place and circumstance for everything.

Speeding outside a school when kids are leaving, your not gonna get much sympathy.

Whereas had you been snapped by the absolute wanker of a speed camera operator who decided to sit in a passing lane on SH1 just prior to Warkworth I would understand your venting...

marty
5th May 2006, 10:58
you can bitch all you like. just expect to get it back. and some of us don't/can't be fucked relaying every item of idiotness that we come in contact with, instead we like to laugh and poke fun at other people's unfortunate occurrances :)

marty
5th May 2006, 11:02
and don't worry - i have plenty. here's an edited list of yesterday's:

overcooked 2 corners on the bike
overcooked 1 corner in the car
forgot to turn right instead of left after take off
forgot to raise flap at 200ft agl (remembered at 300)
floated 1/2 way down the pauanui runway
spilt nacho on my white hayabusa shirt
AND coffee.
went to sleep with the tv still on.

whew!

madboy
5th May 2006, 14:17
went to sleep with the tv still on.Oh now that's just f***ing stupid. Think of the power you wasted, the life of the TV that has now been shortened. Power doesn't come from the wind you know! And TV's don't grow on trees. There's a kid in africa that would kill for a TV if someone could give him a 400km long extension cord, and instead wankers like you treat TVs like a bloody appliance.

I'm sick of what this world has come to. I'm gonna go thrash my bike now, outside a school, cos as least I'm not wasting electricity.

marty
5th May 2006, 14:23
just PLEASE think of the children

madboy
5th May 2006, 16:29
just PLEASE think of the childrenIf you're not going to think of the African children, who have just as much right to Hi-5 as you and I (oh, and our kids) then why should I think of ours?!!

kevie
6th May 2006, 22:41
I often hear on police channel :whistle: where they set up a rolling blockade on Wellys motorways (oops :gob: does welly actually have a real motorway?) because theres something on the road and hear them give the blocking units the all-clear to release the traffic again.