PDA

View Full Version : Christchurch Scooter Enthusiasts!!

JOURNALIST
4th May 2006, 16:11
Hey Christchurch scooter enthusiasts!

I'm a journalism student at the unversity of canterbury. When i was in town the other day i saw two high school kids steal a scooter and vandalise it. I told a police officer who promptly went after the two kids and recovered the scooter.

Apparently, scooter theft and vandalism is on the rise.

I was just wondering if any of you have had a similar experience that you might want to share? Or wish to comment? I want to write a small story on the subject.

You can email me if you like. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you very much :scooter:

JWALKER
4th May 2006, 16:39
scooters. . . getting vandlised and stolen? . . . . might stay quiet on this one :whistle:

MidnightMike
4th May 2006, 16:52
Assholes, sure its a scooter but hey, its someones shit.
No one messed with my scooter when i had it.
Probably coz i was with a goup of people on scoots that would aid in the beating up of whoever steals it. :scooter: :chase:

texmo
4th May 2006, 17:55
Scooter worlds et2 just got stolen, they lent it to somebody in parnell got taken from the drive way.

Happens all the time.

Goblin
4th May 2006, 18:08
An old friend of mine had a scooter as his only form of transport. This friend was a heavy drinker and used to frequent the Homestead Tavern. Every night he would ride the 3km's home, in a state most of us would find offensive. One night he staggered out of the pub only to find his scooter wasn't where he'd parked it. He wandered around and found it all beaten up in a large flax bush. In his drunken state he hauled it out of the bush, hopped on, started it and wobbled home with the forks and handle bars all bent & twisted.

On another occasion he flatted with a mate in an industrial type shed converted into a home. The garage was sort of part of the lounge. When he rode inside he went to brake but the brake lever spun on the handle bar which opened the throttle, which lifted the front wheel and he literally rode up the livingroom wall.:laugh:

Welcome to KB and all the best with your studies.
:scooter:

The Beast
7th May 2006, 20:45
A mate of mine had his scooter parked under a carport about 15m off the road and EARLY one morning some bastard stole it. They then had it for a week and took the fairings off then leant it against a bank. Quite stupid really. This was about 2months ago...

msm
13th May 2006, 18:22
This didn't happen in Chch, so is irrelevant really. My husband and I saw a couple of idiots stealing a scooter from lower Stuart Street in Dunedin and proceeded to ride around on the footpath. We called the police, who eventually answered the phone and told us to follow them, but by that stage the guys had already vanished from our sight. Dumbarses clearly had no idea what they were doing and probably thought it would be good for a laugh.

I just moved to Chch this week, should I fear for my scooter's safety? Eep.. :eek:

Sniper
14th May 2006, 00:13
scooters. . . getting vandlised and stolen? . . . . might stay quiet on this one :whistle:

hmmmm, I wonder why :blip:

Storm
14th May 2006, 12:27
Cos everyone secretly wants one Sniper, geez

JWALKER
18th May 2006, 07:48
hmmmm, I wonder why :blip:

you know why sniper . . . tell me your feelings about them sniper, come on let it out, tell us all