PDA

View Full Version : Hello New Exhaust System, R.I.P. Rear Tyre!

sugilite
4th May 2006, 19:15
The Spare Arrow Race exhaust off my ZX9R Superbike is finally on my ZXR750!
Brendon Stephenson of supermoto fame did the surgery adapting it to the ZXR750.
He did a masterful job and the pipe has better clearance now than the old heap of shit that was on it.
The old pipe hung down way to low and as a result the collector box and two pipes going into it were pretty much flat when I bought it!
Now it revs past 8k! In fact it revs so much faster I had to really concentrate as to whether it was slipping the clutch or not the 1st few times!

So next ride Welly crew, I won't be just stalking and waiting for a mistake, it will be full on attack, well in comparison to before hehehe

With all the extra power, I gave it a bit of stick on the hill climb road I live on. Check out the tyre photo, this is what happens when you give it shit with a 17 year old non rebuild able shock, and yes, those are steel wires showing through in the grooves. R.I.P. shredded tyre!:bye:

Next week I'll be converting her over to a race bike for the post classic class I've entered in the Actrix series.
I'll be putting it straight back to road trim after each round.
Unfortunately I'll have to use the sad shock for the 1st round, so I'll have to ride accordingly.
Fortunately for me though Richard Leong is offering me financial assistance/sponsorship and has offered to get the shock rebuilt (Richard also owns the Superbike I race), so I'll get that shock sussed out for round 2!

Roll on the Actrix series!!!:yes:

cowpoos
4th May 2006, 19:26
So next ride Welly crew, I won't be just stalking and waiting for a mistake, it will be full on attack, well in comparison to before hehehe

hav you havn't ridden with the real welli crew yet....lol

chanceyy
4th May 2006, 19:30
[/QUOTE]So next ride Welly crew, I won't be just stalking and waiting for a mistake, it will be full on attack, well in comparison to before hehehe

But from what I read, & heard Sugilite its hard out riding .. didn't know you knew how to stalk :gob: :scooter:

sugilite
4th May 2006, 19:31
Yeah Cow Poos, then it will be back to stalking again...for some anyways, unless I paint some lights on the superbike, hmmmm....:nya:

cowpoos
4th May 2006, 19:43
But from what I read, & heard Sugilite its hard out riding .. didn't know you knew how to stalk :gob: :scooter:
where the hell you been hiding!!!! ya cheeki tart....and wheres that nice butt pic that was in ya avatar!!!!

cowpoos
4th May 2006, 19:45
Yeah Cow Poos, then it will be back to stalking again...for some anyways, unless I paint some lights on the superbike, hmmmm....:nya:
you'ld be sweet.....on the road...most of its mental intent!!! you hav a bit of that I believe... lol

chanceyy
4th May 2006, 19:57
where the hell you been hiding!!!! ya cheeki tart....and wheres that nice butt pic that was in ya avatar!!!!

ahh but poosy you know you love the kinky leather look (knew the butt shot would get you to sexcited) ... and as for hiding .. right here in plain sight ..

would say behind you but that will give you far to much ammo

and we already know that i will never ride you .. oooppppppss with you ..
:nya: :nya: :nya: :nya: :nya: :nya: :nya: :nya: :nya: :scooter:

Crasherfromwayback
4th May 2006, 20:00
I'll do the stalking here mate.
You tell that Richard to sponsor me a new ankle....he's got the contacts!

T.W.R
4th May 2006, 20:57
:woohoo: :2thumbsup Told ya you'd have fun once you got to venture past 8k :gob: looks like you having a ball, might be time to start using old slicks :doobey:
found some goodies too that i'll send through too :yes:

sugilite
4th May 2006, 21:41
Heyya TWR, That was a slick! I grooved it up 2 rides ago lol.
It's had a tough old life. 1st it was used by a super bike racer in the nats, then I put it on the nine for a couple of practise sessions, one 1000k kiwi biker ride (well I did that many km's!) and a trip to town today with a couple of bashes at the hill climb, so I should not complain too much eh lol

Thanks for the chart, look forward to getting it :yes:

Wellyman
4th May 2006, 21:45
ahh but poosy you know you love the kinky leather look (knew the butt shot would get you to sexcited) ... and as for hiding .. right here in plain sight ..

would say behind you but that will give you far to much ammo

and we already know that i will never ride you .. oooppppppss with you ..
:nya: :nya: :nya: :nya: :nya: :nya: :nya: :nya: :nya: :scooter:

Now he is just gunna stick to the back of your bike so he can have a perv. I think a bit of buggy is rubbin off on him.
WM

T.W.R
4th May 2006, 23:53
Heyya TWR, That was a slick! I grooved it up 2 rides ago lol.

Thanks for the chart, look forward to getting it :yes:

:sherlock: no wonder it looks knackered, grooved it up now you've chewed it up lols.

hope that chart helps a bit with setting things up, plus their adjustments for what & where :blip: fattens out the power spread a bit in the higher rpm range :yes:
I set mine up on the 135s but it ran like a bunch of hairy assholes in the mid range, so I've gone to 132s which has helped but its a knarly old dog on a constant throttle between 4500-6000rpm after that it smooths out nicely and from 7500 its yeeehaa FUN!