PDA

View Full Version : 20% improvement in fuel economy!

Motu
4th May 2006, 23:02
I've developed a way to increase the fuel economy of my diesel Pajero by a staggering 20% !!!!!!! I'm sick of working for a measly hourly income - I'm wondering if I should market and sell....or should I move into consultancy? What would be the bigger return? With fuel prices ever increasing I can't see a way to improve the fuel efficiency of any vehicle by 20% not to attract buyers - what would you pay? I'm thinking of actualy selling my invention to the Government.....

u4ea
4th May 2006, 23:04
I've developed a way to increase the fuel economy of my diesel Pajero by a staggering 20% !!!!!!! I'm sick of working for a measly hourly income - I'm wondering if I should market and sell....or should I move into consultancy? What would be the bigger return? With fuel prices ever increasing I can't see a way to improve the fuel efficiency of any vehicle by 20% not to attract buyers - what would you pay? I'm thinking of actualy selling my invention to the Government.....
P A T E N T ?????????????????

Crasherfromwayback
4th May 2006, 23:10
Go on the dole, and walk to collect weekly payments?
Then when you do put fuel in....it's subsidised??

kickingzebra
4th May 2006, 23:13
Sell to the government? you must be mad, they'll have you killed for removing revenue!
Private enterprise kicks arse.

jazbug5
4th May 2006, 23:18
Watch out, you'll be on someone's hit list for this...bad idea to get on the wrong side of the oil companies...

(Get a patent, send the idea to yourself in a sealed envelope to prove the date you thought of it, and go into a safe house- pronto!)

dhunt
5th May 2006, 08:57
I've developed a way to increase the fuel economy of my diesel Pajero by a staggering 20% !!!!!!!
Not driving it??? :doh:

WRT
5th May 2006, 10:12
Get the guys from shell to do your marketing. I believe you as much as I believe them.

Dafe
5th May 2006, 10:16
Maybe Motu got a job at Shell! %20 staff discount.

LaggCity
5th May 2006, 10:23
Sure as shit they would buy it from you to keep it quiet.:scooter:

ManDownUnder
5th May 2006, 10:27
Patent it, keep it a secret and (using it) sell diesel at 10% cheaper than the oil companies. As their price moves up or down, so does yours.

Give your device away free, on the condition those using it only source diesel from you.

You'll be set for life mate

Ixion
5th May 2006, 11:38
'Ere , you haven't gone and pinched my revolutionary idea of a heavier return spring on the accelerator have you? Nah, cos you're only claiming 20% whereas MY idea saves 25%.

Motu
5th May 2006, 11:47
I improved my mileage from 9km/litre to 11km/litre - by slowing down! I have an 85km commute,over 6 days that's more than 1000km,so a pretty good test.I normaly travel at 110kph,2500rpm,this keeps me in the fast lane - I pass 80% of the vehicles,20% pass me.So I decided to drop my speed as an economy test - to 85 kph where the engine is doing 2000rpm and producing maximum torque,a good place for economy.

Life in the slow lane is a whole new world,hey,believe it or not even at that speed you are passing cars!I get to work 5 to 10 minutes later.Interesting on the Bombay Hill - I normaly floor it as SH1 dips going under bridge and hit the hill at 110/115 kph,and gradualy drop from there...on a good day staying at 90kph,on a bad day chop down at 80kph - pedal to the metal,''the stack blowing black as coal''.But if I hit it at 85kph I don't need to floor it to keep that speed,only giving full throttle the last 100metres - got to be a big saving just there.

So,I propose to submit my presentation to the Government for a lowering of the National Speed Limit to 85kph in the interest of saving fuel - do I have your support?

chris
5th May 2006, 11:59
I would be more interested in your 'fast lane' idea. Here in NZ we only have an inside lane and either one or two overtaking lanes ;)

MSTRS
5th May 2006, 13:03
So,I propose to submit my presentation to the Government for a lowering of the National Speed Limit to 85kph in the interest of saving fuel - do I have your support?
You're a bastard! Return that PM, before it falls into the wrong hands.

kickingzebra
5th May 2006, 13:09
Get an extra gear motu.
The equation is faulty, the cost of having people on the road for longer will far outwiegh the savings.
Might work well in the diesel, but I've tried varyingly with my petrol cars, and normally the difference is very slight. On the odd end of the scale is my old 300zx. the fastest trip I ever took it on, it used the least petrol.
Averaging 160 odd, non turbo, and not slowing much for corners, down SH27,
Used an eigth of a tank on the guage from BP and mcds and all, before the bombays to tirau. I think it was about 10 litres, for near on 200 km.
Try sell that one!!

Smorg
5th May 2006, 13:33
Sell to the government? you must be mad, they'll have you killed for removing revenue!
Private enterprise kicks arse.

I read somewhere that a guy in australia invented some crazy fuel saving device. It may even have been a fuel alternative & a couple of days after going public he dissapeared off the face of the earth

kickingzebra
5th May 2006, 13:37
I read somewhere that a guy in australia invented some crazy fuel saving device. It may even have been a fuel alternative & a couple of days after going public he dissapeared off the face of the earth

I've heard the stories of that, but no one can say for sure whether they are actually killed off, or if petrol hungry space aliens snatch them for anal probing, and cheap petrol...
Good luck motu!! LOL

Smorg
5th May 2006, 13:44
I've heard the stories of that, but no one can say for sure whether they are actually killed off, or if petrol hungry space aliens snatch them for anal probing, and cheap petrol...
Good luck motu!! LOL

I think the oil companies take the body's out to the offshore oil rigs and dump them in an empty drill shaft, those fuckers go down a couple of K. No body no proof.

Ixion
5th May 2006, 13:45
I improved my mileage from 9km/litre to 11km/litre - by slowing down! ,,

Y'bastidge. It IS my heavier return spring idea.

kickingzebra
5th May 2006, 13:46
The bonus is, oil is just rearranged carbon molecules, as are humans. All the inventors that mysteriously dissapear are fixing the oil problem for tomorrows children! How thoughtful!

Motu
5th May 2006, 14:20
I had noticed my fuel economy drop the more I used it on the open road,when I lived in the city it got 10km/litre consistantly,but now it does 99% open road work it's down to 9km/litre.The Pajero is a 2 tonne brick,the faster it goes the harder it is to push,any hill requires full throttle,around town it's just loafing,it never has to work at all.

Mind you I am of the opinion that a diesel has to work hard to be efficiant,and that running under light loads might not be too good for it in the long term.My Nissan van on the other hand is under powered and has a manual trans - you drive it like a 50cc stepthrough,full throttle and on the govenor for every gearchange.It doesn't matter if it's loaded to the roof and towing a trailer,it just works it's ring off and is very economical to boot.

But comparing the Pajero to the NX Coupe which is light with a multipoint injected motor 1000cc smaller - the Pajero is very fuel efficient.

marty
5th May 2006, 14:21

i think he's now working for one of the drug companies developing drugs for the birdflu

beyond
5th May 2006, 15:19

Yep, happens all the time.

Motu, run for your life and go bush. Hide mate, while you can. :)

Lou Girardin
5th May 2006, 15:32
The Govt's considering a 70km/h limit as a fuel conservation measure now. They will be increasing GST to 15% to compensate for the lower tax take.

beyond
5th May 2006, 15:39
The Govt's considering a 70km/h limit as a fuel conservation measure now. They will be increasing GST to 15% to compensate for the lower tax take.

:( A'holes.

Shadows
6th May 2006, 00:45
All you do is wire up fuel sender unit the other way around.
The further you go, the fuller your tank gets. You just have to be careful to sell some back at the nearest petrol station when the tank gets really full, otherwise the motor stops. Must be flooding I reckon.