PDA

View Full Version : Hey all (jenks)

jenks
6th May 2006, 10:50
hey all im from UK and im looking for abit of advice on a Honda melody scooter

Basicly, The Petrol just doesnt want to Flow out the tank for starters..
It had a bolt we undo that had a "spaceship" shape metal thing on the bottom, which only comes out so far, Due to a Large metal Rod attached to it..
What is this Metal "spaceship" thing?? Why wont the petrol flow out of the Tank freely...?
Also does any1 know the Gappage For the sparkPlug??
And whats the best 1 to use?

thanks jenks

SwanTiger
6th May 2006, 14:12
The Petrol just doesnt want to Flow out the tank for starters.

I am not familiar with the type of motorcycle you are referring to but have a couple of suggestions that may help you troubleshoot and remedy the problem.

Fuel Filter
The "Space" like object you may be referring to is part of the fuel tap which acts as a filter. The Fuel Filter will remove any debri that resides in the Tank, preventing a problem such as a build-up up of debri in the Carbuerator.

The Fuel Filter attached to your Tank may need replacing and could prove to be the cause of Fuel not flowing from the Tank.

Fuel Line
If you haven't already checked, this can be one of the most common and easily remedied problems that would cause Fuel not to flow.

Variables
There are only a handful of components which will relate to the flow of Fuel from the Tank. If you can remove as many of these from a 'List of Variables' you will obviously troubleshoot the problem fairly quickly.

Ixion
6th May 2006, 14:18
Sounds like you may actually be removeing the fuel tap. The long "rod" is probably a tube, which reaches into the tank.

Are you sure that there is petrol in the tank. Bear in mind some machines have automatic shutoffs that turn the petrol off when the motoris off. If the bike is left for a while with a low fuel level, the autoshutoff may not turn back on. Try filling the tank completely. Also, fuel may only flow (perhaps) when the ignition is on.

For spark plug gap, I always use one thumbnail thickness. Works for me. :yes:

jenks
6th May 2006, 22:06
thanx everyone, ill be trying later!

Also the "filter" / "tap" ..

How would i change this if it is broken?? Cause i cant get it out, due to the bits stuck on at the top of the rod .. Which i Assume is a Air Pipe...