PDA

View Full Version : What kind of pegs do you guys use ?

agentmi6
6th May 2006, 20:52
Hello

I did something real bad today... I neglected to tighten up the right hand side handle bar, I done a slight wheely and WEE the bar bent inwards pulling the gas on and wam, On my ass. Broke the left hand peg. Me being me I wont to be able to make most of my parts. Only the nylon part of the peg has been damaged, What I am thinking of doing is putting some round nylon, about 40-50mm in the lathe and replacing my peg for a round one.

Anyone found this to work a little better then the stock squareish ones ?:scooter:

APPLE
6th May 2006, 20:56
Hello

I did something real bad today... I neglected to tighten up the right hand side handle bar, I done a slight wheely and WEE the bar bent inwards pulling the gas on and wam, On my ass. Broke the left hand peg. Me being me I wont to be able to make most of my parts. Only the nylon part of the peg has been damaged, What I am thinking of doing is putting some round nylon, about 40-50mm in the lathe and replacing my peg for a round one.

Anyone found this to work a little better then the stock squareish ones ?:scooter:
yeh mate,i got round foot pegs on my TL aye?Dey the shizzim'':blip:

agentmi6
6th May 2006, 20:59
Awsum, consider it a build :)

The Beast
7th May 2006, 10:35
Go to a plastic shop and you can buy a stick of teflon, then you drill out the centre so it's flush to the metal part of the peg and slip it over, that's what we do on our B1 bikes... Or if you can't be bothered with that, we sell sets of pegs, $20. They are hard plastic, so there are no dramas at racedays about damage.

agentmi6
7th May 2006, 16:27
Awsum :)
Luckly for me I have access to a lathe, I am going to nerl up a long bit of Nylon and just make pegs after pegs.. so there is no dramas when learning how to ride this beast at speed :P

agentmi6
13th May 2006, 22:23
Made them :)
65mm long
25mm diameter
Awsum outcome! :)

Madness
13th May 2006, 22:30
Don't use Teflon - It's primarily used for heat & chemical resistance & expensive.

Don't use Nylon - It's too soft and wears quickly under abrasion.

Use U.H.M.W.P.E - It's used for wear plates, chute liners etc. Very hardwearing & similar price to Nylon. Commonly referred to as "Umfee" it is Ultra High Molecular Weight PolyEthelyne.

The Beast
14th May 2006, 09:09
We use teflon, I think it's about $20 per metre, when the pegs scrape, the wear isn't too bad at all....
And it's bloody strong.

agentmi6
14th May 2006, 19:11
I shell experiement around, The stuff I made mine out of is not nylon in the end sorry, it had some other fancy name :P It was on the brittleish side when lathing it down, it did not make nice swirly swarf like nylon :) I will see how it goes :P I can make plenty more until I get it purrrfect :)

I will look into finding the material you recommended ! :P $20 a meter.. thats alot of pegs :P

dss3
14th May 2006, 23:23
Question What kind of pegs do you guys use ?

These are the ones I like... had to be done!

ZeroIndex
15th May 2006, 01:09

green bling coming your way :D LMAO

agentmi6
15th May 2006, 19:50
Those are them clip on models arent they ?, Humm you have given me an idea :ride:

The Beast
16th May 2006, 16:17

I like the ones that don't have the spring.

White trash
16th May 2006, 17:38
Bullshit Darryl, you don't do washing. I've smelt ya.

dss3
16th May 2006, 20:00
Bullshit Darryl, you don't do washing. I've smelt ya.

Yeah... ummm about that.... when you come and sit really close and start sniffing my hair and stuff... well, it kinda wierds me out and makes me feel a bit awkward aye mate!

MattRSK
16th May 2006, 20:34
Could someone post a photo of what they have done to their pegs with the nylon etc.. I am trying to get my head around it.

White trash
16th May 2006, 20:41
We're talking about Minimotos here, not big kids bikes.

(Just to clarify)

MattRSK
17th May 2006, 18:51
true thanks.