PDA

View Full Version : QUASI Race report PMC

Quasievil
7th May 2006, 19:44
Not a long report here.

Practice one
Went out on my newly fitted Ohlins Spring and imediately felt the bike was a bit higher in the rear and alot more settled, I didnt go to hard on Practice 1 as I wanted to get used to it a bit, but I was all over the place given it was on the new track, so I had to spend a bit of time learning it.
Practice two.
Went out with a bit more attitude and felt really comfy so I gave it heaps and passed a few bikes, all was good apart from the gearing, I went back to the pits and with the help of Dss3 we put another sprocket on the front.
Race 1
No positions given as it was dependant on your previous results from the last rounds, based on the fact I only did one race I was basically at the back of the feild.
Flag dropped and I did my best to get of the line, but it was not a good start (yeah you all know why) I managed to get about 5 bikes in lap one and from then I was circilating behind a GP125 bike #29, Had a good race and was feeling positive about it. I finished 17th out of 24...... crap really but it was okay.

End of report.

Nah, I was all geared up to go out on race two helmet on etc and I noticed a bit of comotion in the strret stock race I went up to the wall to be greeted with a horrible sight, 4 Bikes Down, yes 4, one guy only standing, he was frantically running around checking the other bikers out, they were completely not moving all three of them, the ambo came out and attended for about 40 mins before they left, thats about all I know, but it was an ugly sight.
That was the end of racing unfortunetly but I wasnt really in the mood anyway given the carnage, I Prey that they are all okay whoever they are.

Quasi Out.

cowpoos
7th May 2006, 19:52
out of interest.....was it the corner coming on to the pit straight?

Quasievil
7th May 2006, 19:56
No (how to describe?) go down front straight, around the Hairpin right left right small straight hard left hairpin, that corner.
One guy went down and got run over ,that bike went down, tww others followed
make sence?

cowpoos
7th May 2006, 20:05
yep....the hair pin that opens to the long left sweeper on the new track.

Quasievil
7th May 2006, 20:12
yup thats it

kickingzebra
7th May 2006, 20:30
You forgot to mention your monster wheely, down the whole front straight, not like that ghey attempt of Darryls....

You looked the part from the wall!! Great stuff man!

Mental Trousers
7th May 2006, 20:35
Sorry mate, it was only a 2 bike pile up.

The guy on the red RGV?? fell in front of the ZXR250. The ZXR went over him and threw the rider. The 3rd bike was a racer who saw the carnage, pulled over and dropped his bike in the grass and then was busy checking on the guys that were down. They both stayed down. The guy who didn't get run over was wheeled into the ambulance after 10 minutes. The other guy was down for a hell of a lot longer. They cut him out of his 1 piece and eventually was put in the ambulance as well. And the ambulance didn't go anywhere quickly either. It was crawling along at about 40kph, even out on the road. Hope whoever it was isn't too badly knocked about. Thankfully they didn't have to call for the helicopter.

Poos, you've got the right corner.

Pretty good day though. Got a few laps at lunch time for $10. Unfortunately a guy on a 900SS binned it too. Apparently he'd just had it serviced and they'd adjusted the brakes etc. But they'd adjusted the brakes a little too much and they were dragging, causing them to heat up and eventually lock up. Poor bugger. He was fine thankfully.

Only other crash I'm aware of was in practice when some tosser cut off one of the young fulla's.

There were very few crashes though which is good news. The track is going to rock in a few months too. And it'll be great when they have the facilities in too cos I fecken hate portaloo's.

Two Smoker
7th May 2006, 21:00
Not good to hear at all... does anyone know who they were??? there are some kbers that race in streetstock...

Fair enough on not racing Bret... But just out of interest, who won the F3 races??? And who took out the championship???

Mental Trousers
7th May 2006, 21:04
I didn't see their numbers TS, but it definitely wasn't vtec. I don't know who else was in street stock.

Quasievil
7th May 2006, 21:10
Not good to hear at all... does anyone know who they were??? there are some kbers that race in streetstock...

Fair enough on not racing Bret... But just out of interest, who won the F3 races??? And who took out the championship???

Dont know who it was, wasnt Vtec though, he had his bin earlier on.

Didnt have much choice in not racing it was the end of the day after that crash.
Not sure who took out the championship sorry.

Quasievil
7th May 2006, 21:12
Sorry mate, it was only a 2 bike pile up.

Thats good, I saw 4 bikes on the deck and only one rider, must have been an illusion, nah the camber hides a bit, hope they are okay, fuck you guys must be cold after ya ride

Mental Trousers
7th May 2006, 21:15
Nah it wasn't bad actually. Once we got down off the plateau that Taupo sits on it warmed considerably. Wasn't until close to Kihikihi that it got cold but we all had good gear on (even Teflon lol) so it wasn't bad at all.

svs
8th May 2006, 09:57
2 rider that were down were #90 Russell Forest and #180 Andrew??

Russell has a couple of broken ribs and is being discharged from Taupo this morning and heading home, but won't be riding for a while.

#180 has back/pelvis injuries and I heard that he'd been transferred to roturua hospital.

No more details at this time, sorry.

Two Smoker
8th May 2006, 10:38
2 rider that were down were #90 Russell Forest and #180 Andrew??

Russell has a couple of broken ribs and is being discharged from Taupo this morning and heading home, but won't be riding for a while.

#180 has back/pelvis injuries and I heard that he'd been transferred to roturua hospital.

No more details at this time, sorry.

Cheers Phil...

Kwaka-Kid
9th May 2006, 21:53
cheers phil, sorry to hear guys.