PDA

View Full Version : Never be too pig headed to listen

Blind spot
8th May 2006, 12:26
Had a brilliant weekend , 5 off us went on Auck-Taupo-napier-Gisborne Tauranga and home trip.
My First decent long ride .
Best bits were from Kihikihi across Atiamuri Dam then down thru hodderville ,sort of by passes Tokoroa,no traffic beaut curves in road blah blah, next best bit was napier -wairoa,7 am start not one car seen all the way,rained from there to Gissy.
About the pig headed ness, i was not as quick on the corners as the others and often get that running out of road feeling on tight bends. anyway one of the more experienced guys got behind me and immediatly saw i was not keeping my head up and eyes level (i think that descibes it).
After that the whole day was a dream,like having a new bike,it floated around corners ,not sure if the head up put weight to my arse or if the in built level in the head was what changed it, my tyre got scrubbed to the edge without shitting my pants for once.
Never be to proud to listen you newbees
Waioeka gorge was fantastic, bone dry and f all traffic, Whakatane - Auckland was back in traffic and i started to get that why the F do i live in Auckland feeling.
Going up Nth next month any suggestions for best bits will be appreciated.

Mr. Peanut
8th May 2006, 12:38
Concentratiing on the road ahead is good, kinda zones you in if you do it right. :o :cool:

If that makes any fckn sense, I don't know :Pokey:

skelstar
8th May 2006, 13:07
Awesome. That Nap-Wairoa road is awesome IMHO.
Good tip. Should have someone good ride behind me at some stage (would be a nice change anyway).

MSTRS
8th May 2006, 14:36
.... back in traffic and i started to get that why the F do i live in Auckland feeling.
Shhh...they might hear and want to *shudder* move here. Glad you enjoyed your ride and learned a valuable thing (look well ahead) Makes a huge difference to your cornering skills when you look where the road goes and not where you are on it.

Morepower
8th May 2006, 21:25
Shhh...they might hear and want to *shudder* move here. Glad you enjoyed your ride and learned a valuable thing (look well ahead) Makes a huge difference to your cornering skills when you look where the road goes and not where you are on it.

Exactly! dont want them to mess up our nice quiet roads .:apint:

jonbuoy
9th May 2006, 08:26
Nothing wrong with advise and training - if pilots, soldiers and doctors still need it so do we.