PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating: are you guilty

Posh Tourer :P
7th May 2004, 18:21
Thought it would be an interesting poll if everyone answers honestly, after the I hate tailgaters thread.... :scooter: :scooter: :scooter:
Try answering the poll for when you are on a bike.... thats what I originally aimed it at, hence the last question. However, It would also be interesting to know about those who tailgate in cages and want to admit it. I dont tailgate in a car, but I do occasionally on a bike because I feel I have better escape routes in case of a braking manouver in front, and also because I'm usually wanting to go faster on a bike. The car I drive sometimes isnt associated with the word power however you look at it....

Two Smoker
7th May 2004, 18:24
Thought it would be an interesting poll if everyone answers honestly, after the I hate tailgaters thread.... :scooter: :scooter: :scooter:
Im definately guilty of tailgating tailgaters hehehe, i tend to give them a dose of their own medicine, the only other time i tailgated (not on purpose) was following milky........... bad idea.......... Other than that i dont do it because i know how much it fecks me off.......:angry2:

Yamahamaman
7th May 2004, 18:38
Do you mean whilst in charge of a road-going four wheeled transportation device?

Two Smoker
7th May 2004, 18:45
Do you mean whilst in charge of a road-going four wheeled transportation device?
I think he means in any motorvehicle.....be it 2,3,4 or more wheels....

Indiana_Jones
7th May 2004, 20:13
I never tailgate, Touch wood :yes:
Like TS said, I know how much it pisses you off, so I in turn try not to.

-Indy

dangerous
7th May 2004, 20:49
On the bike NEVER
But when I'm in my truck I will often IF the car in frount is doing a lesser speed than the limit and wont pull over.
However this sorta court up with me last year and I wrecked the frount of the work van cos the wanker slamed his brakes on and swerved out so as to stop me from passing as I was pulling out to pass (indercating) The thick ____ dident expect to be pushed of the motor way down a bank and though a fence I mean the dick was doing 60 in a 100 and siting in the middle of the rd

Jackrat
7th May 2004, 20:51
On the open road I don't tailgate but in AK rush hour traffic you have very little choise in the matter,if you were to try maintaining a 2 second gap you would never get where you were going.In AK they could probably fit three cars into a 2 second gap.
Well they would try aye!! :killingme Ferkin idjits :no:

7th May 2004, 21:21
Yep what he said..... Two second gap in Akl traffic would mean you just end up stopped as everyone pours into the gap you left.... Actually at 50 kmh, 2 seconds is about 3 car lengths, so for those tailgaters, easily done jackrat... (about 5 car lengths at 100) Not that you would do either of those speeds often in AKL commuting....

Motu
7th May 2004, 22:21
I never tailgate,but at traffic lights I pull up close in my van,that seems to un nerve some people.

I did tailgate a tailgater last year - coming back from Waiuku at night some 4x4 (no,not a blue Patrol) was tailgateing my missus real bad...so I stuck him in a sandwhich,but he never backed off - then when he hit the motorway he went straight into the right lane and tailgated the first car.

Yamahamaman
7th May 2004, 22:48
Yeah, as a New Zealander I should have access to the foreshore and seabed as of right and being of Maori descent, I should retain my customary rights. OK off-topic but has about as much relevance as the other posts in this thread.

Motu
7th May 2004, 23:34
Yeah, as a New Zealander I should have access to the foreshore and seabed as of right and being of Maori descent, I should retain my customary rights. OK off-topic but has about as much relevance as the other posts in this thread.

FXR150s are dangerous as man,I wouldn't have one.

Lou Girardin
8th May 2004, 05:35
Sometimes, mainly when I'm about to overtake or in heavy traffic, but I'm always off to the side of the car in front.
It's a shame the LTSA don't promote the 12 second rule instead of 2, then we'd see less of all sorts of accidents.

DEATH_INC.
8th May 2004, 11:17
On my bike I usually sit back a bit,in my 4X4 I'll tailgate those who go too slow and won't move over.....
I won't tailgate a bike though (in the 4X4),in fact I normally sit well back....

madandy
8th May 2004, 11:25
What is tailgating?... sitting half a second behind? 1 second? or right on someones rear end/wheel?
To me tailgating is following anothe vehicle withing one second.

I don't tailgate in the car unless I know there's a passing lane or opportunity just ahead so no bugger tries to slip into the gap before I overtake.

On my bike It's the same...never too close unless about to overtake and then I ride to one side of the car ahead so if they slowed down I'd slip past them anyway.

Coldkiwi
8th May 2004, 14:32
if I catch myself under 2 seconds I will try to pull back because i've nearly been caught out before on the motorway and only saved my butt by using lane 3A!! (some clot in a 4x4 a few cars back didn't have the same option and took another tailgater up the jacksee! (boy was I glad I was out of that potential concertina!)

8th May 2004, 14:37
well yeah.... I think tailgating is within 1 car length. theres a difference between following close and tailgating. I'm surprised less people have gone for the option of 1 second rule... thats about what I end up doing most of the time.

Motu: I think its all about tall vehicles seeming closer... if a sedan was 2cm off your bumper, it wouldnt be so bad as a van 2 feet away - cos the bit you can see is closer. People often dont understand that

Big Dog
8th May 2004, 18:10
On the open road I don't tailgate but in AK rush hour traffic you have very little choise in the matter,if you were to try maintaining a 2 second gap you would never get where you were going.In AK they could probably fit three cars into a 2 second gap.
Well they would try aye!! :killingme Ferkin idjits :no:
In my experience 2 seconds is a good folloing distance above 30kmph. Under that you are giving F^%#wits an invitation to cut you off with out indicating or even being in front of you when they enter your lane.

I try not to tailgate. I try to obey the two second rule. However in the interests of self preservation I cocasionally make it the 1.5 second rule. When other drivers take a run at me a probability of a crash is better than a guarantee.

If you ask me anyone who says they have never tailgated,
A is not very honest with themself.
B never checks themself.
C Lives where there is literaly no other vehicles on the road.
D or is lying to us.

I used to think I did not tailgate until I tried an experiment that was suggested in an advanced defensive driving course.
Count off your following distance every 10sec. When you are sure you are doing it right get someone else to count off whenever you want to check.
eg You say mark as the car in front passes a sign, The other person counts of one, one thousand, two, one thousand, while pacing against an watch. end of test.

Out of 13 truck drivers, 2 were not counting too fast when doing their checks. :sly:

Big Dog
8th May 2004, 18:29
When I did my car license tailgateing was defined in the road code as following unneccesarily close or breaking the two second rule.

If I know the vehicle in front of me has a better braking potential than me I will give a little more room as the two second rule is primarily to give us time to respond as we get to the same point on the road.

According to a handout at the ADDC, this is because it takes humans on average .8 of a second to recognise the danger posed by tail lights coming on. .6 of a second to decide what to do about it. And .4 of a second to do it.

Total 1.8 seconds for a healthy, well rested, focused and alert, 30yr old male with no contributing factors (eg lack of sleep, small amounts of alcohol, lack of attention, prescription drugs, stimulants (coffee red bull etc), favourite song on the radio, hassles at home or work stress.)
(ps. Not exactly sure on the order of the .8 &.6 times but the total is right)
Add .01 of a second to each stage for being female.
Add .02 of a second for each other contributing factor.
Add up to 3 seconds for any mind altering drugs or alcohol, AT EACH STEP!

DEATH_INC.
8th May 2004, 19:34
That's interesting......we've played with a reaction time test and of the five of us the two females in the group had faster reflex's.......wonder why they are adding time for them......

PeteThePom
9th May 2004, 01:58
On the bike, I'm close behind but as close to the median as possible and I also make sure I can see the vehicle in fronts side and rear view mirror(so they can see me too) At speed I hang back and give everyone room. In my 4x4 I hang back as I have to stop 2 tons with only 2 discs!!!:shit:

sparrow_34
9th May 2004, 10:40
I don't follow cages too closely on the bike, no/slim chance of avoiding running over any foreign objects or farkin deep potholes that suddenly appear in front of you, tailgating is reserved for twats that formation drive with another cage and block the motorway at 70k's or so!

Big Dog
9th May 2004, 13:39
That's interesting......we've played with a reaction time test and of the five of us the two females in the group had faster reflex's.......wonder why they are adding time for them......
According to the handout....

Where there is a predetermined response ie the pub tests that cost 50c and you press the button when the light flashes, women are faster than men (danger recognition stage). But when it came to deciding between several courses of action ie swerve, brake, brake and swerve or do nothing women take longer with this stage.

Which is why women are typically better at the type of typing test where you have to type the letter falling from the sky, but men are typically better at playstation (man is that going to start a storm in a tea cup).

Apperently this combined with lower levels of testosterone is why in general women speed less than men, despite having greater technical skill on average (per hour spent learning the task).

Grumpy
9th May 2004, 14:52
It's interesting to note that most have said they don't follow too close when on their bikes but I have found that motorcyclists are probably the worst for this. I'm sure that some are correct in that they give the vehicle plenty of room but a majority of us, myself included, hang in there a little too close at times. Unfortunately commuting in Auckland does teach bad habits and those habits tend to follow us onto the open road. :(

Jackrat
9th May 2004, 17:30
It's interesting to note that most have said they don't follow too close when on their bikes but I have found that motorcyclists are probably the worst for this. I'm sure that some are correct in that they give the vehicle plenty of room but a majority of us, myself included, hang in there a little too close at times. Unfortunately commuting in Auckland does teach bad habits and those habits tend to follow us onto the open road. :(
Odd you should say that (not) I have always found the same thing myself.
This is one of the main reasons I don't like riding in groups.I like to sit up to 100 meters behind other bikes on the open road.I've had quite a few guys in the past say I am slow because I do this but the minite you take the lead you end up with some tosser sitting on your tail light.On a ride I went on with the Triumph owners club I had a woman on a new Thunderbird tail gateing me for the first half hour until we got east of Hamilton when we hit some road works.I know she had an attitude problem with not being able to stay with me in the twisty bits so she kept blasting up behind me on the straights.
She was so busy watching me she didn't see the road works until to late,I pulled to the left to get the best entry onto the gravel and she sailed past and ended up weaving all over the road with all the grace of a stranded whale.How she didn't go down is a mystery but it had nothing to do with skill.
I had a little chuckle about how she kept her distance after that. :laugh:

9th May 2004, 18:52
I don't follow cages too closely on the bike, no/slim chance of avoiding running over any foreign objects or farkin deep potholes that suddenly appear in front of you, tailgating is reserved for twats that formation drive with another cage and block the motorway at 70k's or so!
Good point, I have found this also, but arent you supposed to be predominantly in the right hand wheel track anyway?

sparrow_34
9th May 2004, 20:02
yeah, but I don't want to rely on a cage driver to take evasive action or notice a hazard in front of them, some of the 4wd drivers may even take pleasure in testing out their suspensions capabilities ;)

Lou Girardin
9th May 2004, 20:11
[QUOTE=Big Dog]
According to a handout at the ADDC, this is because it takes humans on average .8 of a second to recognise the danger posed by tail lights coming on. .6 of a second to decide what to do about it. And .4 of a second to do it.

Total 1.8 seconds for a healthy, well rested, focused and alert, 30yr old male with no contributing factors (eg lack of sleep, small amounts of alcohol, lack of attention, prescription drugs, stimulants (coffee red bull etc), favourite song on the radio, hassles at home or work stress.)
QUOTE]

1.8 secs reaction time! Did they check for a pulse?
No wonder we have so amny f'ing accidents.
Lou

Drunken Monkey
10th May 2004, 09:36

The did an interesting experiement on the speed doco - it wasn't that your average tennis pro, colin mccrae or michael schumacer had faster reactions than clarkson, it was their ability to cope with more elements at once, and experience helped in spotting hazards earlier.

(hmmm, doesn't illustrate my point tho - surely the gender than can watch the soaps, talk on the phone, iron the hubby's shirt and keep an eye on the baby all at once has the advantage here?)

What reaction test were you using? The old 'drop the ruler test'?

Slim
10th May 2004, 09:55
Unfortunately commuting in Auckland does teach bad habits and those habits tend to follow us onto the open road. :(
I'll say! Seven years or so since I left Auckland and the daily commute on the motorway, and I still have to make myself back off (in the car)! I think I mostly drive at the 1sec gap, and if there's no chance to pass or I'm happy with the speed, I'll start cruising & checking the gap until I hit the 2sec mark (it's a lot further than you'd think). It's easier at night, because I look for the end of my lights on the ground - if I can't see darkness before the back bumper of the car I'm following I back off some more.

But after all these years, it's still something I have to consciously make myself do.

On the bike, I'll ride quite close, but in the rh wheel track position, if I can see a chance to get past coming up (high speed filtering?) but back off if I'm happy with the speed the vehicle in front is doing or there's no chance of a pass (less likely on the bike than in the car).

Motoracer
10th May 2004, 10:02
I only tailgate when I try to give slipstreaming a go.

DEATH_INC.
10th May 2004, 13:08
We were using the reaction tester off the nz dragbike site.....

MR,one of the old sales managers from the local h****n shop usta have a sticker on the back of his car: I'm not tailgating,I'm drafting!

Motoracer
10th May 2004, 13:22
We were using the reaction tester off the nz dragbike site.....

MR,one of the old sales managers from the local h****n shop usta have a sticker on the back of his car: I'm not tailgating,I'm drafting!

:laugh: :niceone:

Big Dog
10th May 2004, 17:19
[QUOTE]

1.8 secs reaction time! Did they check for a pulse?
Lou
Yup. Action. Pause. Reaction.
Try it two seconds only places you where they were.

How many times have you seen a cage that has not even attempted to slow down when the lights came on.

Saw an accident the other week where a 4wd was still accellerating when it hit the toyota.

Big Dog
11th May 2004, 17:25
Spose I should mention the rest where it goes on to say it is possible to shorten these times by having a preplanned escape route and practice in emergency braking swerving etc.

Riding defensively means;
You are always aware of the possible threats.
That you actively search them out and analyse them.
That once Identified you identify a safe exit strategy for each threat before it becomes a hazard.
That you then reasses the hazard.

It also means you practice your drills over and over both mentally and really.

11th May 2004, 21:29
[/QUOTE]1.8 secs reaction time! Did they check for a pulse?
Lou[/QUOTE]

Is this to an unforseen and unexpected hazard? I could imagine the surprise factor would gobble up time....

Big Dog
12th May 2004, 17:00
Is this to an unforseen and unexpected hazard? I could imagine the surprise factor would gobble up time....[/QUOTE]
Jeez thats going back a bit in the detail but if memory serves (and it should thats what its for). This was measured on 20-60 min time frame of driving, as this is your most focused driving (long enough to find the driving files not long enough to completely swich off).
it was measured on the premise of the person in front suddenly and unexpectedly emergency braking.
Apparently each test case was given no warning this was what they were measuring then given two attempts to better it (changing the timming of the abrupt stop each time obviously).

An interesting aside even knowing what was coming made little or no impact on reactions, until they were sent another three times with instructions on exactly how to behave when it happened.

oldrider
31st July 2005, 22:05
Hi indianajones, that bike Tom Cruse is riding (or one of them) in your signature or advert, belongs to a guy in Oamaru. Has had a paint job but he assures me that it was one of those bikes. Cheers John.

Beemer
1st August 2005, 10:06
When driving I don't tend to tailgate around town unless the car in front is doing about 30kph - then I do it to try and get them up to speed. At open road speed I would only get close to the vehicle in front if I was about to pass them - and only if it was a car or similar, if it is a truck there is no advantage to being too close as you can't see if anything is coming. On the bike, I don't tailgate, although I will be a bit closer when about to pass. I have seen drivers brake suddenly to piss off the person tailgating them (I admit I've done it myself when I've been doing over the speed limit and I've had some tosser on my tail who won't pass!) so I've got no desire to have a car as an accessory on the front of my bike!

We were following this stupid old woman driving a Subaru Justy on the weekend. She was doing 70kph on the open road, slowing to 30 through town - we didn't have much show of overtaking her as we were in a 1984 Ford Laser and towing a trailer! She was all over the road too, one minute to the far left, then over the centre line - and when she finally stopped, no indicators, just brake lights and an abrupt swerve to the left.

Our club had its economy run on the weekend so of course we were all riding at 100kph in an effort to keep our fuel usage low. A 4WD came up behind us, pulled out and blasted past, forcing its way back in front of a couple of cars when it ran out of clear road space. Never a cop when you want one!

zadok
1st August 2005, 10:15
Nearly 500 views and only 62 votes!? Whats going on?
In the main I keep my distance, but you know what it's like when you are anxious to pass when you're held up by a slow moving cager. My vote; occassionally. :whistle:

pyrocam
1st August 2005, 14:42
Hi indianajones, that bike Tom Cruse is riding (or one of them) in your signature or advert, belongs to a guy in Oamaru. Has had a paint job but he assures me that it was one of those bikes. Cheers John.
wtf?
random

nice thread revival.
I suppose the 62 votes is from the 62 people who looked at the page 7 times?

edit: yeah zadok I agree actually, Im ussualy a good distance away till I get petty and sit on theyre right indicator waiting to pass (150cc dont pass cars that easy)

unhingedlizard
1st August 2005, 18:42
had to do an emergency stop on the way back from Badcats on Saturday. Just coming into taupiri. Big holden clubsport two cars up suddenly stopped. Car in fron ton me ended up on the other side of the road with his wheels locked up. I didnt even trouble the ABS but still stopped very quick. Have to admit i wasnt paying as much attention as i should have but still stopped well short as i was leaving proper distances in front. even had enough room to allow the landcrusier behind enough room to stop...

Coyote
1st August 2005, 18:46
Where's the "Oh shit, I didn't relise I was so far up their arse" option?

Gremlin
2nd August 2005, 00:54
My vote went for occasionally. Not proud of that, but auckland traffic kinda makes you used to it.

Either traffic or about to pass are when I might find myself doing it, or perhaps down normal streets, and the car in front isn't accelerating yet, so I end up up their ass.

Trucks, vans, 4x4s, I leave a bigger than 2 sec gap because you can't see around them.

Not an excuse, but if you are totally focussed on the road, and several cars ahead, if you back off when they back off, you are never troubled.

Also, I think my team cycling contributed to an unhealthy comfort of minimal space, trying to get out of that now...

Pixie
2nd August 2005, 01:50
A few years ago I was being severely ( less than 1 meter) tailgated by the same arsehole who did it to me two days previously.
I was in a company car so I checked to see if there was any one behind him,and then applied the brake lightly to bring on the light,he fell back a little and then came back
I did this twice and then just as he was coming back again,I stood on the brakes,had the ABS on.
He shat himself, and swerved over the curb and came to a stop on the grass verge :rofl: :rofl:

Wolf
3rd August 2005, 14:14
Only time I tailgate is at very low speeds in town when there's a huge queue of traffic and people always trying to cut in. As speed picks up I drop back to the full 2 seconds. Never tailgate on the open road and get highly fucked off by people sitting right up my rear when I'm doing 100km/h - WTF? back off or pass!

Bob
6th August 2005, 04:16
Likewise - unless I really have no choice, I follow the 2-second rule religeously (sp?)

It has gotten me out of trouble more times than I'd like to think about.

_Gina_
6th August 2005, 18:22
Never tailgate on the open road and get highly fucked off by people sitting right up my rear when I'm doing 100km/h - WTF? back off or pass!

Right on!:oi-grr:

stify
6th August 2005, 18:47
Right on!:oi-grr:
yeh right on :whistle:

inlinefour
7th August 2005, 11:01
My bike has the ability to stop rather quickly, as do alot more. Yea if I'm in the Hilux, I sit well back. But on a bike, why bother? :devil2:

Odin
7th August 2005, 11:10
My bike has the ability to stop rather quickly, as do alot more. Yea if I'm in the Hilux, I sit well back. But on a bike, why bother? :devil2:

So your bike with 2 contact points (wheels on the ground) stops faster then a car with 4 ? Maybe you should have your brakes checked :D

Likewise - unless I really have no choice, I follow the 2-second rule religeously (sp?)

So do you know how many meters 2 seconds is at 100kmh???

I think you'll be VERY supprised

Odin
7th August 2005, 11:15
2 seconds @ 60kmh = 33 meters
2 seconds @ 100kmh = 55 meters

Thats a lot and i dont think i ever see anybody following that far behind other then sunday morning at 5:00am

Ixion
7th August 2005, 11:37
2 seconds @ 60kmh = 33 meters
2 seconds @ 100kmh = 55 meters

Thats a lot and i dont think i ever see anybody following that far behind other then sunday morning at 5:00am

I (almost) always follow at least 2 seconds behind, 3 if the vehicle in front looks dodgy, 4 in the wet and 5 in the wet following idiots.

You don't need to work out the metres, just note when the vehicle in front goes past a roadside object and count how long until you go past it.

The 2 second/ 4 second rules ensures that you are able to stop in the clear distance ahead. Which is a primary key to survival.

If you're closer than that, you're entrusting your life to the wanker in the cage in front. Me, I don't trust him that much. Ever.

Pixie
7th August 2005, 11:38
It's not a lack of braking performance that will get you if you run out of luck while tailgating;it's that moment of inattention. :devil2:

Pixie
7th August 2005, 11:47
Only time I tailgate is at very low speeds in town when there's a huge queue of traffic and people always trying to cut in. As speed picks up I drop back to the full 2 seconds. Never tailgate on the open road and get highly fucked off by people sitting right up my rear when I'm doing 100km/h - WTF? back off or pass!
Who gives a toss if they cut in?On the motorway in slow traffic,while the plebs are doing the 'accelerate,brake,accelerate,brake,accelerate,cras h,brake,punch' rigamarole.I'm slowing to the average speed with 100m in front of me, and not even having to change gear.
That's in the car.On the bike I split.

Odin
7th August 2005, 11:56
You don't need to work out the metres, just note when the vehicle in front goes past a roadside object and count how long until you go past it.

I know but have you ever ? just check next time you are on the MW doing 100 following an idiot in the wet .... are you 165 meters behind him/her/it :wacko: Its a long long way :D

Not calling you a lier but i think you would be one in a million (or perhaps one in 4 million )

If you're closer than that, you're entrusting your life to the wanker in the cage in front. Me, I don't trust him that much. Ever.

I do agree totaly, and try to stay 2 or more seconds behind. Often on the motorway though the gab will be closed by cars shifting lanes. But i guess where it REALLY importent is on the open road.

So what does one do when tailgated ?
I shift lane or slow down to leave a double gab in front of me so i can brake slower and give the person behind the 2 seconds.
But i have thought of doing one of 2 things.

1. (Only good for cages) put vegie oil in the rear windscreen sprinkler container and point the sprinkler backwards :devil2: Give a little squirt when someone is to close and they will have a nice "clear" windscreen

2. Get a paintball gun ....... and use your emagination :devil2: :devil2: :devil2: Hulster on the tank or on the drivers door in the cage.

inlinefour
7th August 2005, 14:35
So your bike with 2 contact points (wheels on the ground) stops faster then a car with 4 ? Maybe you should have your brakes checked :D

Yes my bike DOES stop MUCH quicker than my HILUX!!! It would be bloody stupid to state otherwise. I used to have a Skyline GTR r32, now it could stop rather quick (and go even quicker), but a Hilux Surf? Gotta be kidding mate. Plus the few pillick cagers with attitudes that slam their brakes on (stupid I know), then I just fly straight on by waving to them :devil2:

inlinefour
24th August 2005, 03:06
Never in the hilux as its constipated, cant pass a thing...

crshbndct
11th September 2005, 20:32
i follow at about 6-10 seconds, its so much more relaxing than 2 seconds. and if i am getting on it, i am passing anyway, so there is no following.

HenryDorsetCase
11th September 2005, 21:03
I never ever tailgate... and I hate pricks who do it to me.

I was coming thru town on my way to work last wednesday and a bunghole in a car was less than five metres behind me at the start of the road (Harper ave in christchurch, it goes thru Hagley park) I kept having to drag the brake to put the light on, to get the mother fucker to back off.

at the lights he pulls up in a straight thru lane, and a truck pulls up between us, I get off the VF and walk round the truck and tap on his window.... he just about wet himself. I very politely told him I loathed tailgaters and the next person he tailgated might not be as reasonable as me..... the expression on his face was priceless. :)

terbang
7th November 2005, 15:12
I don't do it in my car and only get in close on my bike when I am sure of an escape route and I know that they know that I am there.
What I find really interesting is that, whilst in my car, that it is more than likely someone in a 4WD (like a Hilux) that is to tailgate me (often with a middle-aged female driver or a ruddy & fleshy faced male driver talking on a Cellphone). As established these things don't stop too well so common sense should depict more care. So why is this? Penis envy? "I aint got one (or its that small) so I'm gonna shove this in yer face instead", a feeling of superiority ? "I'm bigger than you so get out of my way you puny creature before I run you down", or lack of attention? "my head is that far up in the clouds (or maybe my own Ass) I have lost touch with reality". ?

ducatilover
7th November 2005, 20:38
only when i'm getting ready to pass or the persons a fucktard who was just tail gating me and passed just for the sake of passing, i dont really need to be that close to pass on the bros unless its at speeds more than 150:banana: :doobey: :stupid:

ducatilover
7th November 2005, 20:41

my old gn250 could out brake my brothers mazda 323 from 100kph by quite a bit, on my bros i can out brake both with ease, taking into acount the amount of braking power per unit of rubber in contact with the road etc:shake: