PDA

View Full Version : Classic bike racing

duke
25th October 2002, 20:13
Check out me and mini-duke at Pukekohe on Sunday 27th Oct

wari
25th October 2002, 21:58
What time are you going to be on the track?

duke
25th October 2002, 22:03
here's a picture of my racing Ducati Pantah. You can see it at Pukekohe on 27th Oct (my SS is for road use only)
regards
Phil
The Duke

duke
25th October 2002, 22:18
Sunday 27th October is the first meeting of the the 2002/2003 season for the NZ Classic Motorcycle Racing Register. I'll be practising from about 10am. Racing will be from about mid-day. Expecting about 100 bikes
regards
Phil
The Duke

duke
25th October 2002, 22:32
here's some of the post classics bikes on the grid

Kiwi
26th October 2002, 12:00
take it easy man and good luck ;)

see ya
Kiwi

SpankMe
27th October 2002, 17:08
Went down to Pukekohe today to watch the NZ Classic Motorcycle Racing. Great seeing the classic racing bikes on the track. I love the cafe racer style bike, it's why I brought the SV650s. :)

I must get a digital camera so I can post images of these events here.

duke
27th October 2002, 17:54
We had a great time racing. I got two races out of three. I withdrew from the last race because of the rain. The last lap of the last race was my fastest ever at Pukekohe. :D I had a fantastic race on my Pantah against a TZ350 Yamaha. I was in front of him for 2 laps. He overtook me on the 3rd. I over took him on the 4th and he finished a bike length ahead of me on the 5th. I was a bit dissapointed not to finish ahead, but getting my fastest lap made up for it. :)

My next race is the NZ TT in December.

regards

The Duke

wari
27th October 2002, 18:47
Good on ya man . I was wondering if it was called off coz of the shyte weather.

wari
27th October 2002, 18:49
I was asleep ... worked all night.

SPman
28th October 2002, 21:28
Is that Eric Bone next to you on the grid? - still wearing the same leathers and riding the same bikes as in the mid 70's. Hes a biof a time warp merchant that guy.

duke
29th October 2002, 17:34
Sure is. Eric is on 500 Kawasaki two stroke tripple. Also a regular at these events is Ginger Malloy. He finished 2nd in the 500cc World Championship (on a Kwack. tripple) to Agostini on a MV Agusta in the 60's/'70s. Hugh Anderson also makes the odd appearence. He won the 125 World Championship for Suzuki in 1963 and 1965. He laps about 5s a lap quicker on a 500cc Manx Norton than I do on my Pantah! ........ and I don't hang about ;)

regards

the duke

Kiwibiker
30th October 2002, 03:18
Gees is Ginger still around great stuff, last time I saw him was on a trial ride in the Waikato where he delivered a KTM 250 to me mate then jump on his own and road off into the bush that was about 8 years ago

:cool:

Been some great classic bike racing in the UK, went to a meet last weekend Cadwell Park, great blast, even saw someone riding around on a CB360 twin which brought back memories as It was the first bike I owned

Motu
15th April 2003, 12:48
I saw Eric the other day,he has a copy of Motorcycle Trader perminantly in his hand - don't talk to him,he just wants to show you the action shot they have of him.

Grubber
25th December 2013, 14:12
Check out me and mini-duke at Pukekohe on Sunday 27th Oct

Seriously. Do you have wet weather gear or do you just not ride in the rain.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

Madness
25th December 2013, 14:20
Seriously. Do you have wet weather gear or do you just not ride in the rain.

Seriously. Best thread dredge of 2013, well done.

Have you been smoking one of those special Christmas-blend cigarettes today Grubber?

Grubber
25th December 2013, 14:23
Didnt check the date to be fair. Ya get that aye cause we all perfect yea!

Grubber
25th December 2013, 14:29
Bloody tapatalk. Didnt even quote the right forum. Damn.

blackdog
25th December 2013, 19:01
What is it about piss heads and Christmas?

Grubber
25th December 2013, 21:00
Tell me....what is it then? I havent had a drink all day so im pickin your refering to oneself.

blackdog
26th December 2013, 07:10
Tell me....what is it then? I havent had a drink all day so im pickin your refering to oneself.

Apologies. I didn't realise that sober people could be that technologically impaired.

Grubber
26th December 2013, 07:20
Apologies. I didn't realise that sober people could be that technologically impaired.

I missed a date....oooooo.... wont be building any rocket ships in the near future then i guess. Pffft!
:tugger:

Brian d marge
26th December 2013, 13:46
hey thats right Im on holiday as of now, and I can start drinking YEEHAAA

hows that for a off topic !

Stephen

ellipsis
26th December 2013, 14:17
hey thats right Im on holiday as of now, and I can start drinking YEEHAAA

hows that for a off topic !

Stephen

...will degenarate from here on then...what you drinkin?...

Brian d marge
26th December 2013, 16:33
...will degenarate from here on then...what you drinkin?...

Quality
my homebrew and a cheeky little red that comes in a plastic bottle

Stephen

ellipsis
26th December 2013, 16:52
...i'm heading towards the fridge now...no cheeky red for me...i am a cheeky ginga already...hmmm...what to drink after a funny and frustrating day, trying to keep up with the times and results from Wanganui on the live timing site...a pilsener to start I reckon...

blackdog
26th December 2013, 17:00
...i'm heading towards the fridge now...no cheeky red for me...i am a cheeky ginga already...hmmm...what to drink after a funny and frustrating day, trying to keep up with the times and results from Wanganui on the live timing site...a pilsener to start I reckon...

I'm surprised that didn't drive you to drink long before now!

What a disappointment it was after the previous round had such awesome coverage.

SWERVE
26th December 2013, 17:01

Surprised that hasn't driven you to drink already mate:msn-wink:
Glad I didn't go for the video streaming listening to the comments............ cant talk i8 should haver been there if I hadn't missed my flight on xmas day:no:
Merry xmas bud:niceone:

ellipsis
26th December 2013, 17:17
...same to you Merv...I actually have a fucking good imagination, so between black screens and no screens and frozen screens and no times and then last weeks times and having lived all that shit for years, I just sat back, chilled and laughed and yelled at myself all day...still dont really know much about the day...I know that Dan McKenzie and Guy Martin had a good battle by the looks of it in the Robert Holden Memorial race...not bad for a tired old CBR1000...