PDA

View Full Version : Scratched Shoei visor...repair?

Phurrball
8th May 2006, 17:49
Mrs P has had the misfortune of copping a biggish scratch on her shiny Shoei visor...right in her line of vision.

Question for the great pool of KB wisdom (I've been doing a lot of this lately):

Can you repair/minimise a scratch on a clear helmet visor? (Shoei visors being inhibitively expensive and all...)

I was thinking maybe a CD scratch repair kit might be worth a shot?

ANy imput? Mrs P would be most grateful...(and so would I - an aggravated mrs P is not in my interests.)

Cheers,

PB/Ross (and Mrs)

Mr. Peanut
8th May 2006, 18:05
Depends is it just the clear surface which is damaged? CD kit would probably work then.

WINJA
8th May 2006, 18:09
try fine sand paper ,cutting compound then finally brasso. ive done it b4 but it dont work on some visors like the shark laminated type

GR81
8th May 2006, 18:55
we sell a product called Displex that might work... designed for cellphone screens etc
slightly melts the surface and moulds it back together.
bout $8+gst a tube from memory.

http://www.cdlnz.com/index.html?VS=p&G=CK-DISPX01&P=&ID=3062117

Phurrball
8th May 2006, 19:57
Thanks fullas! (...and WINJA - being constructive comes so naturally to you dude!) :banana:

That displex might be worth a go - will let y'all know how we get on when we get around to the repair process.

scracha
9th May 2006, 01:57
Thanks fullas! (...and WINJA - being constructive comes so naturally to you dude!) :banana:

That displex might be worth a go - will let y'all know how we get on when we get around to the repair process.
Ebay...buy 2 or 3 at once to make the postage worth while. I got a clear, tinted and iridium visor for less than the price of a single NZ supplied one.

Enn
11th May 2006, 17:24
Ebay...buy 2 or 3 at once to make the postage worth while. I got a clear, tinted and iridium visor for less than the price of a single NZ supplied one.
Crikey i got a shock when i priced these $70 for a clear and $150 for tinted...
so whos makin the dough then......

Be careful with that plastic melting stuff.. there used to be a product called 'visor clear' dont know if its still available but it used to work good.

scooterboynz
11th May 2006, 18:05
i got a scratch on the plastic face of my tacho/speedo , used a mothers polish that is supposed to be used to get scratches out of clear coat paint jobs , took a while but worked a treat.