PDA

View Full Version : Minimoto/Motard Mt Wgtn 20th May

granma2
8th May 2006, 19:58
Hi Everyone,
Minimoto and Pitbikes are invited to practice day on the 20th May at Mt Wgtn, Go-Kart Track, Morrin Rd. Behind the Container Yard.
Sign on ; 8.30- 9am
Start Time: 9am
Fee; $20 per rider.
All bikes must have footpegs, handle bar ends, brake pegs covered with hard plastic or rubber. We have used an old leather belt with cable ties and they work fine.
There will also be other types of bikes there, so we will be taking track time in turns. We will get plenty of track time though. Kids will probably ride separatley, depending on time.
The rules of the track apply to everyone who wants to ride.
Helmet, gloves, elbow & knee pads are a must.
If you would like to know more please send me a PM and I will reply.
Its a great day out for everyone, hope to see you there.
Granma and Steve.

aff-man
8th May 2006, 20:04
can you post that minimoto site again... Havn't done any riding this year yet... I know I know dissapointing but keen to get into it again...

Now someone just needs to get our bike running properlike so we don't get dicked.

The Beast
8th May 2006, 20:11
www.nzmmrc.co.nz
www.minimoto.co.nz/forum

Wellyman
8th May 2006, 21:29
Do you need a license for this one??? me and my team will be coming for a practice run. will be my first run on a minimoto should be alot of fun.
WM

White trash
9th May 2006, 08:56
can you post that minimoto site again... Havn't done any riding this year yet... I know I know dissapointing but keen to get into it again...

Now someone just needs to get our bike running properlike so we don't get dicked.
I've ridden with Granma mate, and you'll need a turbo to keep up. And then you'll probably still get "dicked"

The Beast
9th May 2006, 15:47
Looks like the identity of the bike is unknown to the rest of the folk apart from myself, Jimmy and Granma2...

It's the sister to one of our team bikes....

granma2
9th May 2006, 18:52
Hi guys,
No licence is required on Saturday. But.... if you want to race a Pitty on Sunday (mini's cant race Sunday as it's an AMCC Club day for Buckets) you are suppose to have a licence. If you are keen, have a chat with the track boss, John, he's a good bloke and will help you.

And yes the faster I can get my bike to go the better.:niceone:

It just hurts a bit more when I come off.:(

But....:whocares: I just enjoy the riding.

Granma.
ps My 4yr old grandaughter is dead keen to get on the mini, but she cant quite hold it up yet. I gotta stay ahead of her, she beats me too often on the computer games.

The Beast
9th May 2006, 19:58
On the Banshee?
A 4 year old?
That'd be lethal, she'd win races :rofl:

Wellyman
9th May 2006, 21:53
Allright then, I shall be there. so I suppose your going to be there jimmy? Aff-Man?
WM

Qkchk
9th May 2006, 21:57
Talk about piss me off

1. Miss out on TD3

2. Miss out on this as well!

Arrrhhhh, Family calls down from Chch. Bugger, one for timing.:crybaby:

Qkchk
9th May 2006, 22:01
Any idea on the next meeting? Im keen to take the Street Magic out for a test.

granma2
10th May 2006, 19:40
Hi Qkchk,
I'm not too sure about the street magic. I know the scooters race there, they have to tape up all their lights etc. It might be a good idea to bring your relly's down to the track in the afternoon, so they can see some action, then you can ask John about the bike.
The Mt Wgtn events are on every month. I'm not quite sure when the next one is in June, but will post it here on this site as soon as I find out.
I do have to get permission from John for us to ride, before I let you guys know.
Granma.
ps. Yep I'm also glad my grandson of 2 (who loves the bike) is scared of it when it's going. He loves sitting on it(turned off) on the stand. I think my days are numbered.
Grandaughter use to ride the Daytona (but like her granma) she reckons she wants the bike that goes fast. She loves coming for a ride on the Honda and nags me" go fast Granma". Oh dear, must run in the family aye..LOL

agentmi6
11th May 2006, 20:48
If I can get all me protective gear in time and if the weekend allows I might show :) give the new bike a play and see what this newbie can do :)

granma2
15th May 2006, 18:17
Agentmi6,
The weather report is all good for Saturday. Get your gear cause its gonna be a good day. Trust me you wont be disappointed. :woohoo:

agentmi6
15th May 2006, 19:59
The weather does look good !, Is there any entry for 3 others ?, Non riding :P

White trash
15th May 2006, 21:28
No charges for spectators mate. Should be a fun days racing/practicing/whatever.

granma2
16th May 2006, 20:01
No, There is no entry fee for spectators.

All you have to pay for, is $20, if you wish to go on the track.

That $20 is per person, not per bike. So one person can bring down as many bikes as they like and ride em all day.

I will ride two different minis for the day and have a go on Steve's (grandad)
pitty as well.

Great fun.

Wellyman
19th May 2006, 16:08
What kind of shoes would be accetable guys? I have got MX boots, trainers, gumboots!.
WM

granma2
20th May 2006, 18:03
Hi everyone.
Thanks to all the guys who turned up to ride.
There wasnt as many bucket riders there as was expected and the day went well. Yee haa I never fell off today. A couple of others did and it looked quite spectacular, if not funny. "Whitetrash" turned up later with some feeble excuse about work and driving to Taupo. There was a couple of others who had excuses for "just the kids to ride" (you know who you are!) and this needs to be rectified guys.
The track "Boss", John, is real keen for the minis to ride there on Saturday practice days and we can organise our own races on the day if we want.Its up to us guys to help with flag marshalling, lap scoring etc.
The next meeting is in 3 weeks time, will post all details on Monday 22nd.
Me had a go on Steve's pitbike. I had to ride in the "Wobblers" (beginners) group. Looks like I will be saving up for a pitty as well. I had so much fun on it. Not going to stay in that group long!
Cheers everyone.
Granma.

Wellyman
20th May 2006, 18:39
Hi everyone.
Thanks to all the guys who turned up to ride.
There wasnt as many bucket riders there as was expected and the day went well. Yee haa I never fell off today. A couple of others did and it looked quite spectacular, if not funny. "Whitetrash" turned up later with some feeble excuse about work and driving to Taupo. There was a couple of others who had excuses for "just the kids to ride" (you know who you are!) and this needs to be rectified guys.
The track "Boss", John, is real keen for the minis to ride there on Saturday practice days and we can organise our own races on the day if we want.Its up to us guys to help with flag marshalling, lap scoring etc.
Me had a go on Steve's pitbike. I had to ride in the "Wobblers" (beginners) group. Looks like I will be saving up for a pitty as well. I had so much fun on it. Not going to stay in that group long!
Cheers everyone.
Granma.
Thanks alot guys. yes whitetrash is a real nanna!I was the one who stole the organizers bike for pretty much the whole arvo, and had a great time! ( my mates minimoto shitted out).I was running in the kids class and having a ball as their was nobody in front of behind me most of the time. can't wait to get my own minimoto, hopefully soon.
WM

agentmi6
21st May 2006, 21:57
Oh yes Mt Wellington was fun! I am purely addicted to the sport now ! :), I hope to make New Plymouth, will see what happens :), Very kean for the next Mt Wellington though!. I need to catchup on the bills ! Its been a tight penny the last few weeks getting the bike and gear ready for Mt Wellington if it was not for Crazy Frog with a perfect pair of leathers I would have been in a swandry and two pairs of jeans!

Wellyman
22nd May 2006, 19:10
Oh yes Mt Wellington was fun! I am purely addicted to the sport now ! :), I hope to make New Plymouth, will see what happens :), Very kean for the next Mt Wellington though!. I need to catchup on the bills ! Its been a tight penny the last few weeks getting the bike and gear ready for Mt Wellington if it was not for Crazy Frog with a perfect pair of leathers I would have been in a swandry and two pairs of jeans!
yes, very bloody addictive. agent were you there on saturday? I was the dude riding the orange and blue bike in black and blue leathers and a maroon coloured helmet, was hanging around with markauckland. I was fairly late though so you might have already gone home.
WM

Wellyman
22nd May 2006, 19:17
Oh and I was in with the kids as it was my first time, should be running in the adults next time. Getting a bike very soon hopefully.
WM

agentmi6
22nd May 2006, 20:23
I think I recall ya there :) I was occupied fixing my pull start at some point, might have missed ya arrive :) I was the little Daytona clone with no fearings or legit numbers, I had white leathers, kinda like a chicken, bit of yellow, red and green. Crazy Frogs(Richards) old leathers. I came in the greeny wagon :)

I am getting replacement parts for my little bike and will use it as is until I can offord a B1 either air or water cooled :) Neeed more speed !

The Beast
22nd May 2006, 20:43
*cough* Strongly recomend Water cooled over Aircooled B1 mate, more HP, definately got more bite to them... *cough*

Wellyman
22nd May 2006, 21:41
I think I recall ya there :) I was occupied fixing my pull start at some point, might have missed ya arrive :) I was the little Daytona clone with no fearings or legit numbers, I had white leathers, kinda like a chicken, bit of yellow, red and green. Crazy Frogs(Richards) old leathers. I came in the greeny wagon :)

I am getting replacement parts for my little bike and will use it as is until I can offord a B1 either air or water cooled :) Neeed more speed !
I think I rember seeing you there. red, yellow,green leathers sounds familiar.
WM

skidMark
22nd May 2006, 21:42
you need a throat lozenger?

yes was good to meet some fellow kbers ...see you all next time...i should have an aprilia rs 50 by then with slicks and all that

granma2
22nd May 2006, 21:45
Watercooled is the way to go. When it hits the powerband down the back straight.....you need to change your undies. When you hit the hairpin you change em again.
My son came out to Mt Wgtn for the first time and I couldnt get my watercooled bike back off him. Had to resort to the aircooled and well........lets just say.... it just doesn't do it for me.

However.... the need for speed can sometimes be dictated by the wallet.

Steve and I both started with a daytona and we did have fun on it. The indoor track is the place for the daytona's and aircooled. The watercooled bikes are not easy to ride on an indoor track.

Still my Banshee is heaps of fun. :rockon:

Granma

The Beast
23rd May 2006, 16:19
By watercooled do you mean the Banshee?
Because that thing is quite a bit faster than a Watercooled B1.

Wellyman
23rd May 2006, 16:35
Hi everyone.

Cheers everyone.
Granma.

Cheers man, I'm keen looking forward to the next event. I'm sorry to john for stealing his bike for most of the arvo, as I didn't have a bike to ride so we managed to nick his for a blast around.
WM

agentmi6
23rd May 2006, 20:52
*cough* Strongly recomend Water cooled over Aircooled B1 mate, more HP, definately got more bite to them... *cough*

Ok dude, Will be getting it off you anyway hehe :)

granma2
24th May 2006, 21:44
Hi Beast,
I guess the Banshee would be about the same. The Banshee has a 10hp motor. Tim Fraser rides a B1 and he flys past me. He's a very experienced rider, of all types of bikes. I guess it depends on how you ride, and how you set your bike up. I have beaten a B1, but that rider wasnt that experienced. Every time I go out on the track that bike gives me the willies. It is a very quick bike and I still have a lot to learn on how to corner better and quicker. The good riders just wont slow down long enough for me to follow them and learn. :wait: LOL.
Granma

The Beast
25th May 2006, 16:43
Yeah it all depends on rider ability. A standard B1 apparently has 6.8HP but with mods, you can get them just under 10...