PDA

View Full Version : HDTboy Race Report PMCC 7/5/06

HDTboy
9th May 2006, 10:21
Woke up late, hooned over to Taupo as fast as the poor little Corolla could go. Got signed in, took the bike up for scrutineering. Got told I couldn't take it on the track as I had a buggered rear wheel bearing which I should've checked myself. Got the problem bearing out and went hunting for a new one. Resigned myself to the fact I wouldn't be racing when Repco said they didn't have one.

Watched racing all day, Helped Vtec get his bike going again.

Broke into BabyBs car and got it started, arranged a towtruck for BabyBs car.

Yeah, that's about it.

Absolutely gutted I couldn't race but I've learnt a hard lesson

Keystone19
9th May 2006, 10:36
Credit where credit is due though Gav:

1) without you Vtec would not have raced that day - you found replacement parts for him and then got them on the bike and the bike running
2) without you I would have dropped my bike in the pits at least twice trying to get the damn thing on and off the stands
3) without you BabyB would still be in Taupo
4) I'm sure there's something else so I'll save this space

I know you were gutted about not being able to race, but you were awesome!

:love:

motobob
9th May 2006, 10:45
Yeah Gav thanks for helping me out in the pits too. Greatly appreciated.

Matt Bleck
9th May 2006, 10:56
wheres my stand?

Two Smoker
9th May 2006, 11:31
Woke up late, hooned over to Taupo as fast as the poor little Corolla could go. Got signed in, took the bike up for scrutineering. Got told I couldn't take it on the track as I had a buggered rear wheel bearing which I should've checked myself. Got the problem bearing out and went hunting for a new one. Resigned myself to the fact I wouldn't be racing when Repco said they didn't have one.

Watched racing all day, Helped Vtec get his bike going again.

Broke into BabyBs car and got it started, arranged a towtruck for BabyBs car.

Yeah, that's about it.

Absolutely gutted I couldn't race but I've learnt a hard lesson

Should have bought my bike aye??? hehehe i heard you did some wicked stuff mate, so think about that (as ks19 pointed out...) There is always Vic Club next weekend...

Cleve
9th May 2006, 11:59
Yeah thanks for helping put my bike up on the main stand at the end of a race too. I was fucked that day, as it turns out I was there with a severe viral infection. (Still have the runs now...) You should come and not be able to race more often!! Very useful...

vtec
9th May 2006, 13:37
Can't thank you enough. Top bloke.

HDTboy
9th May 2006, 13:48
wheres my stand?
Under my bike which is wheel less at the mo, bring it back tonight or tomorrow

There is always Vic Club next weekend...

I wish mate

babyB
9th May 2006, 14:00
as keyston "credit where credit is dew Gav"

buy the sounds of it you were an asset to many on the day:not:
as for my family :2thumbsup ya got me kids outta the cold, halted my panic attacks, and you got us all home:clap:
you were unlucky not racing
but you won the day big time in out eyes
we thank you:first: